• Published 28th Jan 2012
  • 2,465 Views, 9 Comments

The Twilight Dragon - Camlio



What happens when twilight finds a book written in a language only spike can read? Anything.

  • ...
3
 9
 2,465

Chapter 4: The Child of Fate

Right, first off thought I would say hello and drop this disclaimer. I do not claim ownership of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic or any other reference contained within this story. The story itself has been highly influenced by others on this great site and beyond so if you see a reference to your character or story, take heart in knowing that your story was so awesome that I felt it had an affect on mine. I only lay claim to the Characters: Midnight Sparkle, Midnight Eclipse, Silverfang, and Starlight Bahamut. Though Bahamut is trademarked to Square-Enix and the incredibly awesome Final Fantasy Series, the Starlight variant is a fan created one I made up. With the Red tape out of the way, enjoy.

"Midnight Sparkle, can you hear my voice calling to you from the abyss?" A gentle voice spoke as Midnight wandered his new surroundings, a blank wasteland devoid of light and life. "Does this mean I no longer exist? Did I save them?" Midnight said into the darkness as he remembered the spell he used dispelled the red clouds as it destroyed Silverfang, The Eternal Eclipse Cannon. A spell of immense and terrible power. "Your task has been completed young Halfling but, we sense that your life's eclipse shall not come just yet." As the voice spoke a light had appeared before Midnight causing to cover his eyes in pain.

Midnight had regained his vision to see a strange glowing sphere suspended in the pillar of light. "If you accept this power, you shall return to the world of the living if you desire. Be mindful that as you have prevented your timeline's occurrence you must speak to the one who means enough to you to erase yourself in her dreams and ask her to aid you." Midnight approached the orb and realized what the voice meant but, wanted to be clear. "I wish to clarify your meaning, as I should no longer exist the one way to return is to ask my former mother to bring me back of her own accord?!" Midnight's voice trembled as he hoped that the voice did not mean she would half to endure the pain she had the first time. When he thought this he felt Twilight's and his mind connect as he wished to explain why he was determined to spare her the suffering at the cost of his own life.

The following is the story of Midnight Sparkle from his conception to the events already witnessed. It may be slightly unfit for the faint of heart so if you wish to avert your eyes do so now.

As she was considered the greatest threat to the Dragon invasion, the greatest of the Dragon generals Midnight Eclipse was sent along with Silverfang to find and spiritually break The greatest source of hope the ponies had... Twilight Sparkle, her raw magic potential putting even the royal alicorn sister's combined might to shame. As an example of their power Midnight Eclipse tore Twilight's Magic from her and in an final act that would lead to Midnight Sparkle's birth he claimed her as his prize and took her as a conquering male did their female captives. He deflowered her publicly in an attempt to completely destroy all hope within the equestrian army... and he succeeded.

Soon after the invasion had began and ended with no bloodshed as the Royal sisters surrendered on the grounds that no ponies be slain at the hands of dragons. The current Dragon King, Starlight Bahamut agreed to these terms and demanded in return that a dragon may kill a pony if that pony threatened it's life. The sisters were forced to agree in attempts to prevent all out war. Which for a time they succeeded. Several months later a coup was staged upon Starlight Bahamut by the dragon Silverfang, who then nullified the former King's treaty with the ponies forcing them into slavery or death. The Royal sisters attempted to reason with the Dragon but were quickly defeated and if not for Celestia's sacrifice Luna would have perished that day and Equestria would have died completely.

Luna took on her duties in the memory of her sister and from the moon did as she was instructed, keep the moon and sun moving so that one day the ponies on the world below would have peace again. With a heavy heart Luna did as she was told using the powers of the ancient beings known as the Eidolins to give her the strength for her task. These beings gave Luna a prophecy, that one day the son of Twilight Sparkle and the Rebel Dragon would change the destiny of Equestria preventing this harsh future, and on that day the Eidolins would no longer answer her call as they would aid the child in his quest.

As the Eidolins foretold the Red Clouds known now as Dragon's Gate appeared above Ponyville seven years after their prophecy was given. The strange thing was that the Dragon that should have entered along with Silverfang, Midnight Eclipse did not enter. Instead the Half-Breed known as Midnight Sparkle went in his stead. With a bow and an angelic voice a massive glowing bird appeared before Luna. "Princess of the Moon, we the Eidolins grant you our final gift. With your connection to the event's beginning we shall take flight to the past and defend your world from it's invaders. We will give you this gift in the past. You will see it as a dream but, you must speak to yourself from this time with my power. The boy Midnight Sparkle will succeed in his quest but, he will need a new reason to live as his will be destroyed by the altering of time. This is our request... Give him the will to live."

The flashback ends here, if your wondering why I gave this particular view on the events, it was due to the fact this was the Eidolins showing their memories to Midnight and Twilight. As they were with Luna the whole time they did not see the events of Twilight's life firsthand.

"I want to protect them... All of them." Midnight said as he felt life returning to his body. A tearful Twilight sitting at his bedside, she had cried herself to sleep knowing the reason he had not woken in three days was not due to a coma but, his body being claimed by the altering of time. She raised her head after hearing him stir to have both a look of sheer joy and disbelief combine on her face. She went to hug him but, was interrupted by the glowing golden bird Eidolin from the vision. "Child of fate, as this new life given at the cost of the old is now separate from it's original form you must decide... will you accept the gift we offer you?" The bird held out a shining sphere much like the elements of harmony when they were discovered by Twilight and her friends so long ago.

Midnight could only nod knowing that this would give him the chance to stay close to the one he had risked his own death to protect. "Then in the name of the Eidolin I bestow on you the Title, Midnight Sparkle the Element of Courage and wielder of our endless might." As the golden bird said this it flew into Midnight's chest along with the element of courage causing a bright light to envelop him. When it subsided Twilight stood in awe of Midnight's new form. He was a midnight blue colt with his traditional dragon wings his wings had taken the lavender coloring of Twilight in reminder of his purpose and were tipped with three horns similar to Twilight's on the middle of each wing. They would however shine in different colors upon his use of magic.

The cutie mark he received was the most curious as it appeared to be an image of the Golden bird flying upwards from a magical sphere, the same as his pendant which held the element of courage. "Listen well child of fate, I have imbued you with my might. The power to call forth the Eidolins from their ancient slumber will aid you in times of need. With the power of the Guardian Force(Nod to FFVIII), you will be able to achieve the goal you have given yourself. To defend life. Now go forth and live your life has you had always wanted... Happily." The angelic voice spoke in a caring and loving tone. Though it spoke using Midnight as a link so that only Midnight and Twilight could hear.

Following the voice's advice Midnight hopped from the bed and held the door open so that Twilight could walk through it first. After he walked through and closed the door the voice spoke again though it was now conversing with another. "I will do my best to prepare him for what is to come. You have my word." The Golden bird's voice rang out though it was unable to be heard by the ponies of Ponyville. "Our greatest challenge is nearing Quezacotl, he must be ready." What sounded like a commanding male voice said. "Do not worry Odin, he will be ready. Remember the rules of these lands are different, the bonds he will form will only serve to increase his strength not hinder it." The golden bird's voice said in an intellectual and reassuring manner. "We will see." Odin said in an unsure tone before the two rejoined their comrades inside of Midnight's spirit giving their powers to him.

I believe this book is done, so without further delay let me thank you all for reading. I would especially like to thank those individuals who's comments have helped me fix up the story and make it even better. I'm thinking about making a sequel to this one but, that will have to wait till after I finish The librarian and her knight in crimson armor. So if you want the sequel to this more let me know. I can't read minds but, I can read comments!

Honorable mentions: Thanks to Shao for helping me close the plot-hole in chapter one and to everyone who read this book and commented. Thanks to Lauren Faust and Hasbro for creating My little pony friendship is magic, and Square-Enix for creating the Final Fantasy series. Thanks to fimfiction.net for allowing me to display my creativity here so that all could enjoy it. Finally thanks to you the one reading this, thank you for giving me and my dyslexic/A.D.D. riddled brain a chance to entertain you if only for a few moments. With best regards, Camlio Skyfyre.(If you can't tell that's my pen-name)

Comments ( 2 )

Interesting idea.

I haven't read it yet, but it looks promising.

179709
Funny thing is, that with all my issues I can crank out chapters quick. Feels like I'm actually in the room as it unfolds, which helps. So yeah.

Login or register to comment