• Published 26th Jan 2012
  • 675 Views, 11 Comments

The Legend of Brooks Mortos - Coffee_Twinkle



The Grim Reaper Pony was what they dubbed her.. She lived up to that name!

  • ...
 11
 675

The Misunderstood Alicorn

The day Brooks got her cutie mark was a day of utter despaire for her parents... The long awaited arrival, should have been longer.

Brooks was super excited that she even got her cutie mark at all... All of her friends at school seemed to be getting their cutie marks for stuff like baking, sewing, flying, magics, gardening, and everything you could possibly imagine that was bright and amazingly pony! She couldn't wait to show all of her friends at the elementary school for alicorns.

Her parents felt otherwise. They tried to hide it with paint, and frilly dresses. They even tried to dye her flank white to match her coat! But you can't hide a cutie mark... Once you get it, you have it for life!

She went to school like a normal filly would, but the other ponies would act differently around her. When she asked what was wrong the other pony would say something like 'my parents don't want me to hang around you anymore' or 'my mommy says to stay away from ponies like you.'

This in fact, crushed Brooks' feelings. One day she accepted the fact that nopony liked her anymore. So, in response to all the negativity, she tried to change the way she looked by always wearing dresses that hid her flank, not wearing the strange hourglass necklace she got from her granny Cherry Bloom before she died, and she even dyed her mane a bright pink. There was also the problem of her horn. She always wore a hat that would cover her horn. She even wore specially made wing covers to hide her black wings and their white tips. She even changed her name to Strawberry Bloom.

This strategy worked for a good long time.

She even found a coltfriend. But even he did not know that it was actually Brooks Mortos that he was dating.

One fateful day, when Brooks was about 17 years old, she was walking out of a cafe with her coltfriend when another pony accidentally bumped into her and knocked her down.

Her hat fell off of her head revealing her black tipped horn and her dress ruffled up high enough for somepony to see her cutie mark.

One pony gasped and pointed. Soon enough everypony that was in veiwing distance knew that Straberry Bloom was actually Brooks Mortos.

Everypony ran, including her coltfriend, who quickly dumped her in a terribly rude letter.

Soon later aftershe decided to go into hiding.

At first she just layed around and sobbed for most of her days.

But then she got hungry, as most ponies do, she had to find something to eat. At first she chewed on moss and leaves and such. But that wasn't good enough, she wanted something more. Somthing...... Different.

She began to chase poor woodland creatures around and skewering them with her horn. Eating them raw, not caring if her horn was getting stained blood red. Everypony already thought she was a monster, she even began to think the same. If they think I'm a monster.... I SHALL GIVE THEM WANT THEY WISH TO SEE!

She then became bloodthirsty and plotted her revenge.

She plotted each kill very precisely. They were so well planned it took a few weeks for ponies to actually figure out what was happening.

After about two months, there was nopony left to kill.... Except for the royal sisters. Their deaths were more detailed plans than the others.

Brooks was first going to kill off Celestia because she was the more powerful of the sisters, and while little Luna was recoiling from the fact that her big sister Cewestia was killed, she would be stabbed by her own sisters horn.

The night the murder was going to be executed was the most interesting night in all of Equestria's history. It was eerily silent, but at the same time, storming.

Brooks snuck into the palace, scythe in hand, picking off royal pegasus gaurd one by one.

She slowly made her way up to Celestia's bed chamber and when she had reached it she raised her scythe ever so slowly and surveyed the lovely princess' head and neck to find the perfect place to chop.

She finally found the perfect spot, the base of her throat and readied her blade.

When she knew it was right she flung the scythe down towards the base of the princess' throat.

A loud clanging noise then awoke the princess. The scythe blade had hit her necklace and bounced off, producing the sound of a church bell.

Brooks tried to run but was stopped by Luna who was also awoken by the ringing.

Together the princesses froze her in place and decided what to do with her.

2 days later she was unfrozen and sentenced to death by beheading. (Oh the irony).

She had to wait two weeks on Death Row....... The entire land of Equestria made a spectical of her execution.

The day she was executed was one to never be forgotten.

Her finale words were also not forgotten.. She spoke these words on that fateful day, "I will be back, somehow someway. I will be back!"

Then her head was cut off.

And that was the end of Brooks Mortos.

Comments ( 7 )

I know.. I had made many, many, changes to the story... I am sorry for any misunderstandings.........

And I am completely ignorant to the other stories pertaining to death ponies & grim reapers... infact I had only found this website a day ago & I'm still trying to figure out what all the fuss is about some story called Cupcakes!

161168 Save your memory, don't read cupcakes.
Pinkie pie killing rainbow dash and making her into cupcakes. There, less scarring...

161175
Thank you for that warning....
And such short description....

161182 You're welcome.
I'm willing to edit and help with this story.

161153
Sincere apologies. :twilightblush:

Well. That was... short. When I said till the ending... I didn't mean 50 minutes. :facehoof:

screw ze complete mark, this girl brook, she needs avenging :pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment