• Published 25th Jan 2012
  • 1,327 Views, 36 Comments

A Fluttershy Love Song - Baton Rouge



When a Musically inclined colt helps Fluttershy in the forest, a relation ship blooms.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,327

Deceptive Cadence

::Baton::

Baton watched as the cotton candy pony talked on and on, the more she said, the more the others mouths slowly fell to the floor. But Baton wasn’t really listening, his face still stuck in a dopey smile.

Oh what a joyous occasion, don’t you think? I… yeah, its nice. Why, I think that she deserves a gift, don’t you? …yeah, a present!

Baton thanked the silly other voice in his head and returned his attention to the ponies around him, they had drifted to the couches, all talking, mostly questions directed at the poofy pony and the large red stallion. Baton walked into the room that the aforementioned stallion came from, looking for something to get the new couple. He entered the kitchen and began rummaging around cabinets.

Oh, you know what would be fun!?! Why not make her angry at everything for a change??

That’s not a gift silly! A gift is something you can wrap!

Poo, you’re no fun. OH I know! Why not a cotton candy cloud, it would match her hair. And it could rain chocolate milk! Now that she would like.

Uh…yah, she WOULD like that! Baton began again to search for something.

And if you make it in here it will have some trouble getting out, oh there would be chaos! Delicious, tantalizing cha-… what are you doing?

Baton pulled out what he was searching for, a mason jar, the biggest he could find.

A gift is something you can wrap! Silly voice.

No! I demand that you ignore the jar and make that cloud!

Red lightning crackled again around Baton’s horn, causing him to wince in pain as it shot and nearly missed the jar. Baton giggled at the voice’s antics. Silly voice. Images passed through Batons mind like memories of times almost forgotten, he found what he was looking for. Clouds as pink as the pony they were for. Baton began to focus his magic on the inside of the jar, red lighting again raced up his horn, this time helping him perform magic he never knew he could do. A pink mist appeared in the jar, swirling slowly. It began to condense into a small cloud, Baton used his magic to stick it to the top of the jar with a permanent sticking spell, so that it couldn’t fly away when somepony wanted a drink.

You STUPID foal! That ruins the fun!

Baton ignored the voice as it grew more and more frustrated that its idea was being twisted into something… not chaotic. After securing the lid back on the jar Baton watched and waited for the rain of chocolate dairy products, yet none came. Growing frustrated, Baton whacked the lid. A small drizzle came from the cloud, stopping a few seconds after. PERFECT!! Baton cast his magic around the room, grabbing a box and assorted wrapping that the bakery used for their own creations. As he finished his bizarre, Technicolor wrapping job, the door to the living room swung forward as Fluttershy walked in.

"Baton? Are you in here?” She asked in her cute, timid way, glancing around the kitchen.

"I sure hope so! Where would I be if not where I am? Silly.” Baton trotted up to the cream colored Pegasus, his present levitating behind him.

Fluttershy eyed him cautiously, obviously concerned by his recent behavior. Her eyes eventually found the floating package that had begun to orbit around Baton’s head. “Wh-what’s that?” She said, indicating the addition to the stallion’s personal solar system.

Baton looked right, the gift stopped its rotation on the opposite side of his head, “What’s what?” He turned his attention back to the mare in front of him, the present mirrored his movement, stopping behind his head.

"Th-that box behind you…” she replied, pointing toward the mischievous culprit.

"IS IT BIG AND BLUE!?!?! Oh I’ve always hoped for the day when I run into the Tar-“ Baton turned to only see the present he had made earlier, he looked past it but there was no police box in the room. His face fell into a frown as he turned back to Fluttershy. “That wasn’t nice Flutters, I was really excited.” Fluttershy just looked on confused as Baton pouted.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn’t mean to make you sad… but um… what’s in the box that your levitating?” Baton looked at the box as if he had forgotten it was there, which… he had.

"Oh! Yes yes! I made this! It’s a present… foooooooor… hmmmmm…”

The pink one you fool…

"Oh yeah! Pinkie!” Baton pushed passed Fluttershy and back into the living room where the recipient of his special present resided. As he entered, the conversation slowed to a halt, everyone’s eyes on the orbiting present.

Pinkie Pie of course jumped up, “IS that a present!!” she rushed over in a flash, watching it rotate in front of her. “Who’s it for? Is it for me!?!?! Huh? Huh? Huh?!?!?!” she pressed her face to Baton’s their eyes almost touching as hers seemed to grow outwards, looking into his with excitement.

Baton didn’t even flinch at this barrage of questions, he just replied, “Yes!” At this confirmation, Pinkie jumped on the box, ripping the paper to shreds, all the while rambling on about how she loves gifts and presents and how it’s the best way to share a smile and… she really has some gums on her eh? Still, I think turning her into a sulking grumpy pony would have been more entertaining. I mean, think of the chaos that it would….

"Baton!!

Baton returned to his surroundings. All eyes were on him, the jar he had worked so hard on was on the table. Everypony had a look of horror on their face.

What did I do?

Twilight spoke up again, looking scared and concerned. “Baton, how did you make this?”

Baton scoffed at such a question, “Magic! Duh…” the ponies didn’t seem to like this answer.

"No, how did you know HOW to make this? This isn’t normal magic…” She stared at the jar with a mix of horror and curiosity.

"Oh! That’s easy!” Baton replied, thinking his explanation would put everyone’s random fear of his jar aside. “The voice told me!” The only reply Baton received was silence. Twilight’s face drained of color as her pupils shrank to dots.

::Twilight::

The trip to the library was a fast one, Baton was kept in stasis and floated behind the powerful unicorn. Unfortunately she wasn’t able to teleport herself, him, Spike, AND Fluttershy so hoof travel was required. After barreling over Rarity, Bon Bon and Carrot top on the way, the group finally entered the library. Twilight set Baton in the middle of the main room, releasing him from stasis. He just grumbled and looked around with a frown.

"Oh Celestia I hope this works!” Twilight said anxiously.

Her horn began to glow as the spell wove itself around the room. Fluttershy hid under a table, Spike soon followed. The threads of her magic began to wrap around Baton as the spell finished its preparation. Twilight strained as something took a hold of one of the strands, puling it inwards, finishing the preparation but also…changing it. There was no turning back at this point, Twilight let the magic explode from her horn as it infused Baton with runes of revealing. Baton shouted, his eyes rolled back and he slumped on the floor, unconscious. Fluttershy ran to him.

"Is he ok!?” She asked, tear welling in her eyes. Twilight didn’t know what went wrong, it SHOULD have shown them something. At that moment, Baton’s horn began to glow and all extraneous sound left the room.

"Fluttershy… you might want to move…”

Music began.

An organ played in the back ground, a haunting tune as a light symphonic sound accompanied it. A drum beat played in rapid succession as a pair of electric guitars strummed in time. An eerie laughter broke through as the drums added symbols to the ghostly ensemble. Stings played a harmony to the organ… the music reseeded for a second but came back in force as Baton raised his head and sang,

"DISCOO-OO-OO-OORD!

I'm not a fan of puppeteers but I've a nagging fear

someone else is pulling at the strings

Baton rose and looked around frightened, his eyes pure white.

Something terrible is going down through the entire town

wreaking anarchy and all it brings

I can't sit idly, no, I can't move at all

I curse the name, the one behind it all...

Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon

And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon

Discord, whatever did we do

To make you take our world away?”

The music continued, but Twilight heard enough. She rushed to her desk and found the quill and parchment.

Princess,

Something is wrong, check on Discord. Send help if able.

-T.S.

Twilight turned to give the note to Spike but the dragon had his hands on his ears, eyes shut in fear. She used her magic to send it the only other way she knew how. The note turned to blue mist and raced out the window. She only hoped she sent it in time. She looked back to Baton, the shadows of the library danced in the music, taking on shapes and singing with him.

"I'm fine with changing status quo, but not in letting go

Now the world is being torn apart

A terrible catastrophe played by your symphony,

what a terrifying work of art!

I can't sit idly, no, I can't move at all

I curse the name, the one behind it all...

Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon

And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon

Discord, whatever did we do

To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,

Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?

Discord, we won't take it anymore

So take your tyranny away!”

Baton sung as the music swelled, the possessed stallion opened his mouth and a laugh escaped. The instruments stopped save for the organ; an accordion played a maniacal tune that sounded like a circus gone wrong. Baton kept laughing, a laugh that wasn’t his. The music stopped but pure bass shook the room, books fell off the shelves, a window shattered, DJ Pon-3 would have been proud. Baton’s shadow grew, grabbing those that stood around it, pulling them in. The bass stopped and the song resumed.

"Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon

And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon

The shadows at Baton’s hooves moved inwards and began to climb.

Discord, whatever did we do

To make you take our world away?

The shadows crept up his body, turning white to black and black to white.

Discord, are we your prey alone,

Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?

The shadows engulfed his body and moved toward his head.

Discord, we won't take it anymore

So take your tyranny away!”

He closed his eyes. A tear fell.

Fluttershy began to cry.

"DISCOO-OO-OO-OORD!”

The shadows reached his horn, the red lighting crackled joyfully.

"DISCOO-OO-OO-OORD!”

The music hit its final note as the shadows completely engulfed their prey. He laughed a maniacal laugh that did not fit him. He opened his eyes and turned around. “Hello… giiiirls.”

Baton’s eyes glowed yellow, their pupils red and mismatched.

That voice… “Discord!” Twilight yelled, horn aglow, ready for a fight. “What have you done? How are you doing this!?!?”

"Oh Twilight Sparkle, always wanting answers. What’s the fun in knowing everything?” he trotted around the room. “Oh it’s been ever so long since I’ve had one of these bodies. I almost forgot how to walk on only four legs!” A bolt of purple energy hit the floor in front of him.

"I want answers!!” Twilight glared at her old adversary in his new body.

Discord sighed, “Maybe I’ve been hiding in the minds of whoever I touched and this pony just happened to also touch their minds with HIS magic. Maybe I have been planning this since before my release, just because I'm stone doesn’t mean I'm dead, merely asleep and you know what they say, ‘The sleeping god dreams’. MAAAAAYBE I made this pony when I got free as a safe-guard. Or maybe your, ‘Baton’s’ magic is able to touch the very fabric of nature itself, taking my beautiful chaos and applying ‘Rules’ and ‘Structure’ and turning into music, maybe all I had to do was let him, let him get more than he bargained for. Or maybe the writer likes all these ideas and doesn’t want to choose. Who knows!? But I DO know that I should thank YOU Twilight Sparkle. Your spell saved me from having to whisper in this dumb colt’s ear for another century.” Discord spotted Fluttershy under the table and scrunched his face in disgust. “Yuck! This pony seems to… Blech! Love you Fluttershy. It makes me sick to have him even THINK of you.” Discord winced. “Ah, he seems to be trying to break free. Well I shan’t give him an opportunity. I must bid you ponies Bon GOODBYE!” With that Discord popped out of existence, leaving behind an echo of a laugh.

Twilight fell to the floor, the exhaustion of her spells finally hitting her. Fluttershy crept out, tears streaming from her face. “Twilight… What are we going to do?” As if to answer, a cloud of blue mist flowed into the room, taking the shape of a regal Alicorn. Princess Luna stood before them, not calm and serene but alarmed.

”There is not much time! Gather the other elements! Discord is attacking again! We came to get ye but our sister stayed to hold him off, she won’t last long!”


Author’s note, I do not own “Discord” By Eurobeat Brony. It it’s a masterpiece and it is HIS masterpiece not mine!

Comments ( 3 )

I can't wait for the next chapter.

Login or register to comment