• Published 25th Jan 2012
  • 1,327 Views, 36 Comments

A Fluttershy Love Song - Baton Rouge



When a Musically inclined colt helps Fluttershy in the forest, a relation ship blooms.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,327

Bridge

I still don’t own MLP; FIM no matter how many pieces of bacon I offer them… grrr but I do own Baton and maybe….. a character to come??? What are your thoughts?

::Rainbow Dash::

Wow, there really is a stallion that Fluttershy was going to meet… hmmm I wonder how he actually got Fluttershy this worried about missing him. I had better play it cool.

“Hey! You! Who are you?”

Nice!

Fluttershy knew where the rainbow maned pony was headed and thought it best to cut her off.

“Oh, this is Baton. He… um, helped save Angel. And he….um well… he… that’s it.” Rainbow Dash looked skeptically at Fluttershy, sensing that she was hiding something. Fluttershy, staying true to her nature, shied away from Dash’s gaze. This only confirmed Rainbow Dash’s suspicions. She turned her interrogating stare to the unfamiliar white stallion who was just sitting there with a slight smile on his face.

“Alright buddy, I'm going to ask you some questions and you’re going to answer them!” The smile on Batons face grew slightly.

“Of course.” His willingness to accommodate this interrogation threw Rainbow Dash off a little.

Grr, he should be sweating in his hooves, not smiling.

“Ok then, first question. Who. Are. You.”

“I am Baton, and you must be miss Rainbow Dash.” Rainbow Dash’s face turned to one of surprise.

“Wha!?! How did you know??” Baton just smiled softly.

“I hear things my dear. I heard that today, one Rainbow Dash has yet to clear all the clouds. And I deduced that was you by… well just looking at you.” Baton’s eyes glanced up at her rainbow mane.

Gah, no duh. Come one Rainbow, you don’t need this guy making you look like a fool too. You already feel like one. Rainbow’s face hardened into a frown.

“Fine Mister Smarty-Colt. Why are you here?” At this, Baton’s smile shrank into nothingness.

“That, my dear, is my business and I prefer to keep it just that. MY business.”

So he DOES have something to hide! Maybe if I grill him I can get him to tell me. Rainbow began to smirk, thinking she had Baton cornered.

“Well well well… fine, I’ll leave that… for now. What about your cutie mark? Are you some magician?” She asked, referring to the conductor’s baton on his flank.

“Well it shows that I am, in fact, quite skilled in the discipline of Music Magic.” Baton smiled proudly as he spoke of his art. Rainbow Dash tilted her head, confused at this.

“I’ve never heard of ‘Music Magic’. How do I know you’re not just making this stuff up? For all I know that could be a load of phooey!” Dash narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Baton. Her questioning not without purpose.

I need to make sure he is ok for Fluttershy. He already has some sort of hold on her.

Baton tried to further explain himself but was interrupted by a filly that was seemingly forgotten in the rush of introductions.

::Fluttershy::

“It’s real! I saw it, well heard it, for myself!” Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy both jumped, not having noticed Sweetie Belle before. Rainbow looked down at her.

“Sweetie Belle, how long have you been down there?” Sweetie Belle eagerly began recounting how she met this new stallion. Yet Baton, having been there at the time, looked to Fluttershy. He smiled when he saw her, not paying attention to Sweetie Belle. It wasn’t long before she felt his eyes on her and looked up. They locked eyes, Fluttershy’s face began to flush.

I never noticed how deeply blue his eyes are… I feel as if I can fall into them and be surrounded by his music.. OH! Was I thinking that? What’s wrong with me?

Fluttershy tried to look away but her eyes kept flitting back to the two deep blue orbs that were trained on her. Batons noticed and began to smile bigger.

I wonder if… oh Fluttershy don’t be silly. Oh why can’t I just stare at the ground like I usually do…

At that time Fluttershy was brought back to the real world by Sweetie Belle.

“Isn't that right Baton? …Baton? Hey are you listening.” He wasn’t. Baton, whose eyes were still on Fluttershy, asked a question of his own.

“Is there anything you would like to know Fluttershy?”

Oh no, what do I say? What should I ask him? About his magic? About why he is here? Oh I don’t want him to get defensive again. Oh… I don’t know what to ask him…

Fluttershy blushed and looked down, kicking at the dirt.

“oh…. Um… w-w-well I was wondering… um where you came from. I mean….. if that’s alright with you.” Baton chuckled, a low sound that seemed to bounce off the market itself.

“Well I came here from the big apple, New Horse City. It’s a large town, bigger than Canterlot and much more packed. I grew up without knowing my parents. I was in the foster care program, which is where ponies like me would be set up in families to have them take care of us, though whether they did or not was-“

“We know.” Rainbow Dash’s face looked solemn as she recalled those harsh times of her child hood. She glanced toward Fluttershy and the two shared a sad smile. “That’s where Fluttershy and I first met.” Fluttershy remembered those days. The parents who couldn’t care less for her, the school bullies, but also, Rainbow Dash. If it wasn’t for Rainbow Dash, I don’t know where I would be. She helped me more than she knows. Rainbow looked back to Baton. “Continue.”

“Well about your age, Sweetie Belle, I was on my way to school across town and I stopped for the first time. I just stopped; I thought I heard something, like a song I remember from a dream. I closed my eyes and… well listened. I heard the world differently that day. I got this cutie mark and was accepted to the best school for ponies with my talent, Ma-“

“Manes College of Music Magic.” The voice of a deep purple pony caused the group to look toward its source. It came from, none other than Twilight Sparkle. She was walking toward them with a single white bunny on her back. She was focused on Baton with the same kind of look that is seen on her when she begins to study a new subject. “I’ve read about that place. However, I never took it, or its curriculum, seriously.” To everyone’s surprise, Baton began to laugh. It was a deep, booming laugh that Fluttershy swore reverberated through her body. She even caught herself smiling and starting to giggle. Oh no, I hope no one saw that. I don’t want to look like a fool.

“I have a few friends that would take offense to that, though I assure you that my magic is quite real. If my friend Orchestra heard you, I bet she would challenge you to a magic duel right here. Perhaps you know her, she is rumored to live around this area. She is a white unicorn like me with light red hair and deep red eyes. Her cutie mark is two backward connected eight notes.” All the native ponies started to think. After about a minute Rainbow was the first to speak up.

“There’s no pony like that. Though I know DJ Pon-3 has a cutie mark like that. I don’t know about her eyes though. She always wears shades.”

“Well do you know her real name? I may know her. I know a few musical ponies.” Said Baton

“Yah, her name is Vinyl Scratch.”

Baton racked his brain but came up blank. Twilight smiled, remembering something.

“Hey, she’s DJ-ing another of Rarity’s Fashion shows later tonight. Why don’t you come with us?” Baton though about this for a little, then smiled, looking to Fluttershy.

“That sounds great, but I think I might need a guide, so I don’t get lost. Would you be so kind as to help me around town today Fluttershy?”

Oh… did he mean me? Of course he did. I'm the only Fluttershy Oh what should I say? I want to say yes but… should I? Fluttershy Blushed and looked to the ground.

“I um…. That is… I would be delighted.” Fluttershy looked up to see Rainbow Dash a little disheartened. It was clear that she isn’t over her confrontation with Apple Jack and the feelings that came with that. “B-b-but… I can’t. I… um I promised Rainbow Dash I’d cheer for her while she practiced. I'm sorry.” Baton’s faced dropped dramatically at this but perked up when he noticed that Rainbow Dash looked a tad down.

“Of course, I wouldn’t want to impede on previous plans. I'm sure Sweetie Belle can show me around. If my memory serves me right, we have much to talk about, would you like to come too Twilight Sparkle? I'm sure I could clarify some things about my branch of magic.” Both Twilight and Sweetie Belle smiled at the opportunity. Sweetie Belle jumped up to begin her tour.

“That would be most educational.” Twilight said. “Maybe we could just go to the library. It would be much cozier and I’d like to send a letter as soon as possible.” Baton was confused by why the pony needed to send a letter post haste, and from a library no less. He nodded in the affirmative. Baton turned to Fluttershy and walked over to her, so that he was only a foot away.

“Will I see you tonight at the fashion show?” Fluttershy squeaked at the closeness but didn’t shy away, much to the surprise of the other ponies watching. She flushed deeply.

Oh why is he so close? Why am I so out of breath? Mmmmmm… he smells like rain. Gah! Did I just think that? Oh I haven’t said anything to him.

“Uh…… y-yes.” Stuttered Fluttershy. Baton smiled.

“Good.” He turned and walked back to Twilight and Sweetie Belle . “Lead on, we have much to discuss.” With that the three began toward the library that sat in the middle of town.

::Rainbow Dash::

After they had gone out of sight, Rainbow Dash turned to Fluttershy.

“Wow… You got it bad.”

“I-it? What do you mean?”

“You’re crushing, falling hooves over head for the guy!”

“Oh, I don’t know about that. I mean… I don’t know HOW I feel. I know I haven’t felt like this before…” Rainbow Dash chuckled at her friend but felt her pain. She remembered feeling that for AJ, but at least Fluttershy felt that way about a stallion. Rainbow still didn’t know how she would break it to AJ, much less the rest of the town. I bet they all guess it behind my back anyways. She looked back to her pink maned friend who was struggling with her feeling.

“Hey Fluttershy, why don’t we go back to your place, have some tea and talk about it.” Fluttershy looked back at Rainbow Dash and smiled.

“Yah, I’d like that.”


Thanks for reading!!! Like I said, if you have any ideas for a new OC I’d like to hear them and maybe add them to my tale. But thanks!!! Keep reading everyone!.