• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 20,447 Views, 534 Comments

To Call the Moon My Own - That_Random_Pony



It's funny learning how easy it is to lose everything. But it's even funnier to learn how easy it can be to replace what was lost.

  • ...
62
 534
 20,447

PreviousChapters Next
Revelations II

The air in the room surged with the Ashla's angry energy. The marble flooring began to crack and small chunks began to float as the Ashla escaped. The soldiers knew what was going on, and they turned to their leader.

" Have fun", Jerosh cackled. In a second he vanished, leaving the Arthanians to fend for themselves.

" We need to leave now!", Nyla shouted above the high winds. She pulled Spike and Dan to the first set of doors they saw. " Damn, its blocked!".

" Guys come on, help!", Dan shouted.

The ponies got out of their shocked stares and went to help them. The soldiers and Alpha could feel the power building in the Ashla. Tony's back hunched into that of a quadruped and his eyes turned black. He grew even bigger than he already was as the final transformations completed. The soldiers dropped their weapons and ran to the nearest door, some even trying to help the ponies, dragons and human.

" Hurry! Push harder!", Dan shouted.

" We're trying!", Rainbow said back.

The winds died down, and the Ashla let out another deafening roar. It looked around for the first time in a decade, the power in its veins giving it some pleasure. Its eyes locked onto fhe group of different races trying to escaped. It didn't recognize them as his friends and enemies, the Ashla only saw its prey. Standing on all fours it growled as it slowly advanced on the fleeing prey.

" All at once!", Nyla told them. " One, two, three!".

The group forced the door open just in time. They all pushed through the small opening and ran down the hall. As the last soldier made it through, the Ashla's tail wrapped around its legs. With one last whimper, it was dragged back into the room. The group ran through the castle until each of them had to catch their breath.

" What...was...that?!", Shining panted.

" That...was It", Dan said. " I can't fucking believe it. Ten fucking years and you guys manage to get it out of him in ten minutes".

" It wasn't our fault!", Rainbow protested. " Blueblood's the one who-"

" NO! YOU ALL BETRAYED HIM WITHOUT CONSULTING HIM FIRST!", Nyla roared. " I HAVE HIS MEMORIES, AND YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE KNOWN HE WOULDN'T DO SOMETHING SO LOW AS MURDER!".

They all cringed at the volumed of her voice. Nyla spoke to Spike in Neric and he grunted in affirmation. He walked on ahead and kept a look out for any soldiers that may have escaped.

" What did you do to Spike?!", Twilight questioned. " Why is he so...big?".

" That is none of your concern", Nyla hissed.

Rarity walked up to her. " Yes it is! She is Twilight's number one assisstant, his guardian!".

Nyla laughed condescendingly. " Guardian? A Nera'ak doesn't need someone to watch them. He would have changed with or without my power", she laughed.

" Then change him back!", Twilight shouted.

" You have no power over him anymore", Nyla growled as she got in Twilight's face. " He is only here to help in this war, and now that Reku'un is gone we must save him. And it is our duty to protect him".

" Wait, what war?", Celestia asked. " And how is Spike a part of it?".

" We Nera'ak were born alongside the Loki'irian guardsmen. We fought together in older times, and until Reku'un lays dead we are to serve him", Nyla explained. " As soon as he was hatched he became a part of this, with or without knowledge of it. I have given him the power to defend himself until we can properly train him".

" Spikey is not going to fight a war! Especially not with those beasts!", Rarity shouted. " He is too kind and gentle for war!".

Nyla chuckled. " Not anymore. The only reason I can transfer my power is because he is my descendant, meaning I have full control over his actions", Nyla told them.

" Wait, how did you-"

" It was with Yerotel's Nera'ak, Mitok. A very powerful one at that", Nyla said in a low tone. " That doesn't matter, now we must find the Ashla and return him to Reku'un's body".

" We can't go fight that thing!", Pinkie exclaimed. Nyla ignored her as she walked to where Spike was.

" Reku'un ordered me to protect you, and given your state of power I suggest you follow us before another mutt or the Ashla finds you", Nyla advised. The ponies gulped and followed the female Nera'ak.

" And one more thing". Dan spun around and kicked Blueblood in the side of the head, knocking him out. " Fuck, that felt good".

" Why did you do that?! We have to find Tony!", Shining reminded him.

" Yeah, which is why one of you assholes is gonna carry him", Dan said as he turned his back to them. " What's the plan Nyla?".

" We will draw the Ashla towards one of the halls, then we ambush it and-"

" Wait, and how do we get him there?", Twilight asked.

" Simple, Reku'un only remembers one thing in his form", Nyla said. " You, will leave a trace of your scent and draw him into the open".

Luna reared her head back. " What, no, I can't!", she said loudly. " I can't".

" You will whether I have to drag you around or not", Nyla yelled. " It's because of you he changed and if you don't help fix this, the entire planet may suffer!".

" Don't yell at her!", Celestia shouted back. " We all did this, she's not the only one to blame".

" Yes she is!", Nyla roared louder. " Reku'un loved her, and she listened to that bastard instead of asking him! It's only been a week now since she said she would court him! Now, if we're going to fix this she will bait him in again!".

Luna cringed as Nyla laid the truth out. She truly was at fault here, she didn't even ask him if what was said was true. But she suddenly remembered something.

" But Rodrick was telling the truth", she said. " He lied to me".

Nyla growled in anger. " Yes, he was accused of murder by Earth enforcement. That thing was the murderer, and when Reku'un changed back he found his caretaker dead at his own hands!", Nyla screamed. " He hurt years after he did it, and not one day went by when he didn't miss her!".

A faint roar made them all shut up. " He's coming", Dan said. " Come on, where's the farthest place from the throne room?".

" The dining hall", Celestia answered.

" Come", Nyla ordered. Shining grumbled as he picked up the unconscious prince and carried him.

They didn't run into any soldiers as they made their way to the dining hall. Any guards or servants they saw they made sure to get to safety. As they neared the dining room, they heard claws scratching the marble floor. They crouched by the wall and waited. Soon enough, a soldier came into the intersection and looked for which way to go. Before he could make a decision, a pointed tail shot through its back and out through its stomach. It whimpered as it was pulled backwards.

Nyla motioned for them to stay still. They fearfully waited, hoping the Ashla would just go away. It didn't and soon it appeared, fully changed. The soldier it impaled with its tail hung above its head. With a toss in the air, the Ashla clamped down on it and juggled it in its mouth and started to eat it. The ponies had to not throw up or scream as they heard bones crunching.

The Ashla sniffed the air hard, and soon it lowered its head to the floor. " It smells one of us", Nyla whispered.

The Ashla had one distinct smell in mind. Nightshade. It glanced around as it made its way down another hall. The ponies covered their mouths when they saw the soldier impaled on one of the spikes on its back. They inhaled sharply when the Ashla made its way down the hall they were in. It finally saw them, and its gaze focused on the dark indigo coated alicorn. The Ashla roared at them and sprinted to them.

Nyla grabbed Spike's hand and cut herself deep in her arm. Before any could ask why, the Ashla roared in agony as a cut in its leg opened up. " Go!", Nyla shoved Celestia.

They all broke into a full sprint as they tried to get away from the Ashla. Cadence peered behind her when she heard a humming sound. Her eyes widened when she saw a ball of blue forming in the Ashla's mouth.

" Move!", she shouted. The group split, just as a beam of blue shot past them.

The beam died down and the Ashla gained on them. In another attempt to slow it down, Nyla cut herself in the thigh again. Another gash opened in the Ashla's let and it tumbled forward.

" Go go!", Dan shouted. They made a sharp right and burst through the dining hall doors. The servants and guards all froze when they saw the panting group.

" Block the door!", Nyla ordered. The ponies grabbed whatever furniture they could and piled it against the door.

The Ashla outside didn't see where they had gone, and the smell of Nightshade had worn off. With a low moan it limped away to find more prey. The group sighed with relief when they heard the loud steps receding.

" Holy crap", Dan panted. " What's wrong with him? He shouldn't be this messed up".

" His memories came back, and his hate for Jerosh mutated the Ashla", Nyla explained. " If we can get behind him we can still save him".

" And how do we do that?", Applejack asked.

" Your princess acts as bait again, myself and Spike will hold him down shortly, and you will kick behind his left ear", Nyla said.

" Ya mean in the side o' the head?!", Applejack sputtered. " Ah could hurt 'im!".

" That's the point", Dan said. " That's not Tony, get it through your heads. That's It, and Tony hates It. There's no other way to change him back without hurting him".

" There has to be another way", Celestia said.

Nyla sighed and rubbed the bridge of her scaled nose. " If I end my life he will change back but not live", Nyla growled. " We could try that if you wish".

" No!", Luna quickly said. " Please, I'll help, but you must save him".

Nyla glared at Luna then turned away. " The Ashla will be hunting throughout the castle, so we need water first and several of your scarves", Nyla began. " We'll make a path of them and draw him into the open. Applejack, you'll hide behind a pillar until Spike and I have him down".

" And me?", Dan questioned.

" You will stay here and keep safe", Nyla said.

" No, I owe it to Tony to help out", he crossed his arms. " I'm helping, even if I'm just hiding".

" Us too", Twilight stepped forward.

" We'll help get Tony back", Pinkie smiled determinedly. The others stepped forward as well, along with Cadence and Celestia.

Nyla shook her head and turned to the servants still there. " Bring us eleven buckets of water", Nyla ordered them. " Now if you'd mind".

The servants hurried back with the buckets of water. " What do we need the water for?", Fluttershy asked.

Nyla doused herself with it. " To cleanse any scent from our bodies. You'll all have to do it as well if you're going to help", Nyla said.

" But I only got my hair done yesterday!", Rarity protested. " Couldn't we do it some other way?".

Nyla wasn't one for complaints, Tony knew that. She grabbed another bucket and dumped its contents on the fashionista. " No. Water is the only thing that can eliminate your odors". Rarity was frozen with her mouth open in shock.

The others complied and poured the water onto themselves. All except for Luna, who was to be the one the Ashla would sniff out. Nyla snuck into Luna's tower and grabbed a number of her crescent moon symboled cloths from her closet.

" Now, here's how we trap him".



The Ashla tore the head off of the Alpha's body and crushed it with its jaws. Then it went on to devour the rest of the body. The wounds had regenerated and it still searched for the dark mare. The Ashla couldn't ignore it, and it began sniffing for the mare's scent. Multiple times it ran into the surviving soldiers and turned them into a small meal. Now though its mouth tasted of blood and its stomach wanted more.

A powerful waft of the nightshade made the Ashla glance around. It growled at the cloth the scent came from and tried biting into it. The fabric tore apart in its mouth, making it spit out the rags. The Ashla saw more cloth going down the hall and around the corner. It growled and creeped slowly around the corner, then sprinted down to the other end. When it reached the turn it saw the dark mare sitting with her eyes closed.

Luna was waiting on the desired path Nyla had instructed her on. Now the red and blue dragoness waited above with Spike. Her sister, niece, and friends waited behind the columns in the halls. The Ashla silently creeped up behind her and opened its strong jaws. Slowly it lifted its head above the mare, and before it dived down she rolled out of the way. The marble that was once beneath her gave way under the living metal.

Nyla dropped down with Spike and tackled the Ashla into the floor again. The ponies and Dan jumped out of cover to get a hold of its tail and hind legs. The Nera'ak held the front legs against their will and kept the Ashla pinned down. Applejack galloped to the side of the Ashla's head and brought in her hind legs. She took aim but it the beast thrashed too violently for her to get a good shot.

" Keep his head still!", Applejack shouted.

Spike and Nyla were starting to lose their grip as the Ashla summoned energy. The ponies behind were also slipping as it powered up. To their surprise, a second tail shot out from above the first and smacked Dan, Rainbow, Rarity, Pinkie, and Twilight away. One tail wrapped around Celestia and Luna while the other grabbed the married couple. It tossed them to the side and the second tail grew out its spikes.

The Ashla jerked to the side and shoved Spike off, then Nyla somersaulted over it and dodged its tails. Dan stood up just as it swung its tails around, slashing the dragons and human. The spikes didn't penetrate deep through the scales, but Dan's chest was shredded by them. He screamed as the tails knocked him back with two bloody slash marks.

" Dan!", Luna shouted. Before she could gallop to him the Ashla jumped in front of her.

Its black eyes locked onto its target, the dark mare. " Nyla, do something!", Dan groaned in pain.

" I...can't", she strained as her body gave out. She withdrew her power from Spike, making him shrink back down to his baby size.

The others watched and waited for the Ashla to attack. It glared mercilessly at Luna and growled deeply. Luna stared back into its black eyes, and a single tear left as she blamed herself for this. All of the suffering she was putting Tony through, and for probably killing them all. She clenched her eyes shut and waited for it to be over.

The Ashla moved its head back, and its jaws opened as it prepared to attack. " Reku'un!".

It stopped and looked to see who dare spoke that name. The ponies did too, and when they saw who it was their jaws dropped. Dan managed to roll onto his side to see, as well as Nyla. Standing at the end of the hallway, was Jaqeluu.

The Ashla's gaze softened as it recognized its other half's older brother. Beside him, Derekosh landed and stood, followed by Fermot, then Agner. The four brothers walked slowly to him, and each of them stopped yards away.

" Reku'un, the Ashla doesn't control you", Jaqeluu spoke soothingly. " You are one being, not two. Look at her".

The Ashla looked back to Luna, who stared at him with crying eyes. " Now look at them", Derekosh said.

It looked to the ponies that were a bit shocked and nervous. As the Ashla's gaze fell on each of them, a memory hit it.

Twilight, "Is it so bad to worry for a friend?"

Then to Applejack, "Yur a mighty good friend from what ah can tell"

And Rainbow, " How big was the explosion?! It must have been huge!"

Fluttershy, " Thank you. I practiced every day after you showed me"

Rarity, " What Element of Generosity would I be if I made a friend pay for well needed attire?"

Pinkie, " And then I was like pudding? Are you serious?"

Celestia, " The Elements and I will be here for you when you need us"

And Luna.

" Lu...na", the Ashla spoke. " Love...Lu...na".

The black color of the metals began to recede from his legs. The Ashla groaned and clutched its head as the mutation was cleansed. Soon its body was a silver like the metals, but Tony still needed to get control over the Ashla.

" Fight it Reku'un, it is not your master, it is your companion", Jaqeluu said. " Don't let it consume you. Control it brother!".

" Control it Reku'un! You can do it!", Agner cheered on.

" Do it Reku'un!", Fermot cheered with Agner.

" You're stronger than it! Fight it!", Derekosh shouted.

In the head of the two beings, Tony wrestled the Ashla backwards. He forced it back towards the door that it was locked behind. On the outside, the metals began to creak and groan as they moved around and entered through the tears they came from. Tony shoved the Ashla back, getting his legs to bend the right way and his paws to start to thin. The tails it grew began to shrink in length and the spiked edges began to contort into the appendages.

" Come on Tony!", Rainbow cheered along. " Fight that thing!".

" You can do it!", Pinkie shouted.

" Show'em who's boss Tony!", Applejack yelled.

The Ashla roared as the metals broke away from its face. The roar turned into strained screams as its head condensed into a humanized skull. The eyes turned white and regained their hazel irises, and they looked at Luna.

" Come back Tony", she sniffled. " Please, come back".

The half man, half Ashla stood upright, and it slowly staggered to Luna as it changed. The metals pulled away from his neck and thighs and went into the wounds they tore open. Tony's hands cracked as he raised them up to Luna's face and he held her. His arms tensed as the last of the metals disappeared into his body, leaving him normal again.

With weary eyes he looked at Luna. She smiled and cried as he held her again, and she put her hoof to the sides of his face. He was panting from the exertion both mentally and physically exhausting. He leaned his head against hers, and she did the same. With another breath his body went limp and he blacked out on her.

" Tony?! Tony?!", Luna shouted. Jaqeluu ran to his brother and lifted him up. " Please, just hold on!".

" We need a doctor!", Celestia shouted. The guards and servants hiding in the rooms csme out and ran to find one.

Jaqeluu carried Tony while Derekosh carried Dan. Nyla cradled Spike as she followed behind her partners brothers through the halls. Each of them were confused as to how the four were there, perfectly fine. Moments ago they were fierce looking statues of them in battle.

Jaqeluu burst through the doors and placed Reku'un on a gurney. Derekosh did the same with Dan and the doctors wheeled them into surgery. The brothers faced the group of ponies, who were still trying to figure out how they were alive.

" You're Tony's brothers, right?", Fluttershy took the intiatve. The four of them sat to be level with the ponies.

" Correct. I am Jaqeluu, second eldest", he bowed.

" Derekosh, third eldest", he bowed.

" I'm Fermot, third youngest", he smiled.

" And I'm Agner, second youngest", he nodded.

" And Rodrick is Tony's brother as well, right?", Celestia asked. The four of them nodded sadly.

" Reku'un was the youngest of us. And Jerosh was the eldest of us", Jaqeluu explained. " This wasn't supposed to happen".

" We couldn't have taken the Iikro into consideration brother", Derekosh said.

" It was father's idea after all", Agner added.

" What are you talking about?", Twilight asked.

The four of them glanced at each other, then sighed together. " For you to understand, we must first show you who and what we are", Jaqeluu said.

" And for that, we call upon Minira", Fermot said.

The four brothers changed. Jaqeluu's body became a sleek black from his metallic body. Fermot changed into a type of Loki'irian wood, and Derekosh changed into a grey mineral. Agner's skin began to crack and in between them a reddish hue came to life. The ponies were shocked to see their masks similar to Tony's and Jerosh's.

In the middle of them a faint white glow became brighter. Celestia and Luna had seen this before, and their mouths hung open as a figure started to appear. Her coat was a brilliant alabaster while her fiery mane and tail blew like the others. Little twinkles of light glimmered in her mane, and soon her body began to appear. The blinding light died down, and a third alicorn, bigger than the princesses present, stood silent.

" Minira", the four brothers murmured as they bowed with their hands outstretched.

Minira touched each of their heads with her horn and they stood at attention. Her gaze softened as she turned to the shocked ponies.

" Hello my little ponies", Minira smiled. Her voice gave the sound of the wisest, yet that of the youngest. " It's been a long time my children".

" It's good to see you mother", Celestia gave Minira a short hug, as did Luna and Cadence.

" Wait, she's your mom?!", Rainbow questioned.

" And my grandmother", Cadence added.

" And what's your name?", Twilight asked, still a little awestruck.

Minira giggled, her voice sounding of different ages. " I've had many names in my existence. There was Zeus, the humans called me God, you may know from the religions you've read about Twilight Sparkle that many have called me Gaeia. But my first name, was Minira. You may refer to me as any of these".

" How do they know you?", Cadence asked. Minira sighed softly and turned to the side.

" They were my first creations. Even after thousands of years I made it a priority for them to know of my existence", she told them. " They were my finest creations".

" And just what are they? Rodrick said they weren't human", Applejack said.

Minira summoned a pillow and sat down, for this would be a long thing to explain. " To tell you, I must show you", she smiled.

Author's Note:

Warning: The next chapter will have some religious elements and a few sort-of-insulting things. On another note, if you guys have any questions as to what Tony is or about his past, write your question so I can be sure to try and answer it in the next chap. As always, like, fav, comment, and have a kickass day or night! Peace!

PreviousChapters Next