• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 20,434 Views, 534 Comments

To Call the Moon My Own - That_Random_Pony



It's funny learning how easy it is to lose everything. But it's even funnier to learn how easy it can be to replace what was lost.

  • ...
62
 534
 20,434

PreviousChapters Next
Professional Advice

Damn it.

Just… keep heading north, Nyla.

This storm… is thicker than I… initally thought.

You and me both.

Snow pelted them from all angles, the wind whipping into Nyla's wings in random directions that sent them spiraling. Tony pulled on the reigns, supporting Nyla's attempts to straighten out. They both knew that they couldn't venture through the night in the state it was in, since his body was reacting negatively to the cold. He was in such a hurry and panic he didn't remember to grab some kind of coat. And so, a cave was necessary, but he couldn't even make out the ground because of the howlings winds creating a veil of snow. He guided Nyla lower to the ground, being sure to not get too low to avoid the higher winds.

Nyla, we need to clear the path.

Ina?

Get ready.

The metals surfaced over both of them, Nyla's auxiliary wings sprouting. She summoned her inner flame, then roared as a wall of flames shot down to the ground. The snow dissipated from the incredible heat, the light of it showing the surrounding area. Tony spotted nothing but ground, and an occasional rock or group of them. He looked around, trying to see as far as he could. Taking a deep breath, Tony cleared his mind and reached out to the energies around. Nyla ceased her firebreathing and flew as steady as she could, sensing her partner's motives. The area was laid out in their minds, masses of energy curving and shaping out in strange formations.

Down there. There's a cavity in the rocks.

Brace yourself.

Tony gripped the reigns tightly, just as Nyla flew lower and fought against the harsh winds. She touched down sloppily, stumbling into the wind but using her claws to dig into the ice. Her partner dismounted and followed the direction he had felt the sudden space, coming to a wall of ice. Nyla took a deep breath, and let loose another jet of flames. When the mist cleared away, they were both surprised by what they saw.

The ice hadn't melted.

That isn't normal.

I know… it should've burned down. Try one more time.

Nyla placed her claws in stable positions and dug them into the ice. Taking another deep breath, she sent a final torrent of fire into the wall of ice, creating another mist. Her four wings cleared it away, and they had the same result.

Perhaps this is the work of their magicks. An enchantment, I believe.

If what I read was correct, enchantments can be broken through stronger spells… or enough brute force.

Have a go.

Ignoring the freezing cold, Tony stepped back a good distance before launching himself forward. Magic pulses definitely fought back, but his initial hit had enough force to crack it. Jumping back, Tony went for another hit, then another, and a fourth until sparks of bluish mana crackled over it. He charged forward, jumping up and ramming his fist into the same place he had been hitting. A shockwave of mana exploded from the debris, causing Nyla to dig her claws back into the ice. When the magic vanished from the air, Nyla followed her partner into the cavern.

It's… a tunnel?

Yeah… but who was here?

And why keep this place a secret?

Doesn't matter. We'll tell Celestia and Cadence about this, in case it's dangerous for somepony. Right now… let's just focus on getting to the Crystal Empire without completely freezing.

And if the princess of love attacks?

Hmm… don't know. She isn't as strong as either of her aunts, but she can draw power from the love any pony emitts. I'm not sure if our connection will serve for that, or if she can even get it from us, but we'll play it safe and keep you out of range. I just hope she'll help me.

Nyla chuckled as she remembered this very scenario years before, and she draped a wing over him while funneling her heat through her body. They transformed back to their original states, keeping close to fight off the cold.

You'll know when you try.

Hmph. When did you turn so positive? I thought you hated them?

When you turned negative. And I don't hate them… completely. I just… don't trust them.

They can be trusted, Nyla. I can vouch that even though they mess up sometimes, they're all trustworthy. Even… even Luna.

Then why didn't you trust her?

I wanted to. Nyla, I wanted to think that maybe we would be happy together and tell each other everything. But all this fighting, all the crap we went through when we were so young… I can't forget it. For five cycles I trusted no one, didn't want anything to do with anyone, and I only wanted to kill and move on. It's just… a bad habit now.

I'm sure you can overcome this, Reku'un. You've faced many other challenges and came out victorious.

Yes, but with you. I always had you to rely on, Nyla. When I wasn't strong enough to fight all those Signa, I thought back to Eishla. Back to Heraj. To Jaqeluu. I even thought what it would be like to see you if I died. And I would use all that anger, all the pain it brought me, to power the Iikro and almost lose control.

And now the Iikro is gone, the Ashla refuses to speak to you, and you won't have me to help you with the puzzle of your heart. I'll always be here for you, Reku'un, but this is something you must do truly alone.

I know, Nyla. We should get some sleep.

Agreed. Goodnight, Reku'un.

'Night, Nyla.

They slept through the harsh storm, which raged on until the sun inched over the horizon again. Celestia's sun's rays slowly filled the cavern they had taken refuge in. Nyla grunted as the ice reflected the light into her eye, and she hissed as she opened her lids and felt the beam sting her eye. Sensing her annoyance, Tony sat up against the lukewarm stone and slowly opened his eyes. The sky was clear of the dark clouds floating overhead the night before, and it looked like the perfect day for flying. He could feel Nyla's urge to take off through their connection, and he jumped onto the saddle.

When it came to flying, Nyla was more enthusiastic than a schoolgirl obsessing over the next biggest boy band. She did several twists and loops as the freedom of flight and mild winds allowed for smooth flying. Within the hour, the beautiful Crystal Empire came into view, taking their breaths away. The castle looked absolutely amazing, and the center of the town was just as breathtaking. The designs were very similar to the Seventh League Member's stone home on the continent Juvko, back on Loki'ir. Nyla landed as close as she could to the train station, avoiding the sight of the ponies.

Tony jogged close to the oncoming train, jumping gracefully onto the top and sitting down. The metal behemoth screeched to a halt at the station, letting off a steam whistle to call for the next group of passengers. Tony followed behind the tourist ponies and families going into the crystal city, who bowed respectfully when they recognized him. He smiled warmly and told them to just address him casually, and it brought the question of whether or not the crystal ponies had heard of him. They were certainly interesting, ponies made out of crystal. At the same time, it seemed impossible, but he was in a land of talking ponies, griffons, minotaurs, Nera'ak, magic, and amulets of the strongest magic. Nothing seemed impossible now.

He was wrong about them not hearing of him, but they acted like they never did. The stares he had encountered on his first days in Ponyville replayed on their faces. He did what Dan had done, smile and wave as if he knew them. Some waves were returned, others smiling back, and lots still intrigued by his form. As if theirs was any more normal. They looked a bit opaque, but their colors and bodies looked amazing. He'd expected something like living crystals in the form of ponies, and in a way they were, but smoother and shinier than he first thought. The guards were also crystal, and their armor, and they knew him upon sight. Saluting formally, the head captain trotted up to him.

"Good morning, sir," he smiled with a nod. "I'm Gleaming Shield, Captain of the Crystal Guard."

"Morning, Captain," Tony smiled back, bumping his fist against his hoof. "I need to see Princess Cadence, or does she go by Mi Amore Cadenza?"

"Just Princess Cadence, sir," Gleaming chuckled. "She shouldn't be too busy today, what with Hearth's Warming coming along. Go on in, throne room's right through those doors."

"Thank you. And, just Tony is fine, Captain," Tony said, waving to him as he went in.

He could sense Cadence's energy behind the door, hoping his severed connection with Nyla would help conceal him until he stepped in. Sighing deeply, Tony pushed the doors open and walked in, surprising Cadence as she looked up from her conversation with one of the crystal ponies. When she saw it was him, a sincere and bright smile graced her muzzle, Tony hoping it would last when he told her.

"Tony!" Cadence beamed. "What are you doing here? Are my aunts here?"

Tony shook his head, smiling briefly at the pony he interrupted. "I hope I'm not disrupting anything," he chuckled nervously.

"Of course not," the old looking stallion chuckled. "Thank you for your time, Princess."

Cadence smiled at the stallion and had a guard escort him out, then turned back to Tony. "So, what brings you out here?" Cadence questioned.

He gulped quietly, his hands starting to sweat nervously. "I, um… C-Can we talk? In private?"

She tilted her head to the side questioningly. "Is something wro-?"

"Yes." He practically blurted out. "Something is very, very wrong and I need to talk right now."

He never looked more anxious, but she was still figuring out why he came to her instead of either of her aunts. "We could walk through the castle. There aren't many servants out now," she suggested.

"No, no. Somewhere… with just the two of us," Tony quickly said. "This is… something really private."

Now she was at the peak of her curiosity, and at the same time worried. "My room then?"

"Is Shining there?" She shook her head, and he nodded. "Yeah."

She guided him through the crystal halls, dismissing the guards and stepping into her room. "You can sit if it makes you more comfortable," Cadence smiled softly.

He shook his head, and instead paced back and forth in front of her bed.

How am I gonna say it? Sugarcoat? Blunt? No, don't want an alicorn beating down on me. Minira knows what she'd do before I had to defend myself. What do I say?! Damn it! I came this far and I still haven't-!

"The mind reading thing isn't just for my aunties," Cadence pointed out, a bit guilty. "Sorry, but you were starting to worry me."

Tony groaned and smacked his forehead. "Minira vushto dot (Minira damn it)" Tony groaned exaggeratedly.

"Why would I beat down on you? Tony, what's going on?"

Screw. It. All.

"Discord came to me a while ago and gave me memories about a girl named Kate but her real name was Nimani and she came from my world and she was a Signa that knew me and Dan and fought with us and we almost married but somethin happened and she died and Jerosh wiped our memories and I'm just now remembering and Fluttershy kissed me but I don't love her and-"

Cadence zipped his mouth shut, literally turning his mouth into a zipper. "Tony. Slow. Down." Cadence said sternly. "What would make me hurt you?"

"I lost it," Tony sighed finally, sliding down the wall and sitting on the floor. "That damn Iikro was the only thing keeping my anger in check, and now I freaking yelled at… at Luna."

"Wait, you yelled at my aunt?" Cadence asked, stepping closer to him. "For what?"

The growing aggravation was there, and he only hoped she would yell instead of attacking. Whichever way got him help would work. "She wanted to help me relax, so I could think how I felt about Fluttershy. The whole time… it was her, then Nimani, then her, then Nimani. I had a memory sequence in front of her and she tried to help me… but she saw everything. And… and she felt everything, too. She saw me engaged to Nimani, how much I loved her, how… how I didn't trust her enough to tell her."

"I made her cry," Tony sighed. "The one other female that I ever loved and I MESSED. EVERYTHING. UP!" He punctuated each shout by banging his head against the wall, making a sizeable dent.

Cadence was in both rage and sadness, for and at him. He admitted to yelling at her aunt, not trusting her, AND making her cry. If she didn't feel that small sliver of pity for him she would have sent him halfway across Equestria in one blast.

But…

…he really did look broken. Broken and sorry for what he did. "So why did you come here?" Cadence questioned, venom trickling into her words.

"Because you're the expert about love. I need you to see what she saw, and tell me if I really did love Nimani. If I can love freely or not," Tony said, standing up. "I know, you can just send me halfway across Equestria in one simple spell, but please… I never wanted to hurt her. The Iikro was the only thing that made me keep my anger in check. I've got no warning now, so I can't stop when I have to. I've hurt Fluttershy and Luna already. I'm begging you, Cadence. Please."

She eyed him angrily, knowing that his words were sincere but the fact remaining he broke her aunt's heart. "And what about Celestia? Does she know you're here? Or Luna?" Cadence questioned.

"I came in the middle of the night," Tony admitted. "Nyla barely made it through the storm… and I was stupid enough to come in a shirt and sweatsr. Neither of them know. I don't want to drag you into this, so yes or no is up to you."

He waited patiently for an answer, praying mentally in Neric that she would help him. Cadence heard the alien language and assumed it was either prayer or him panicking. Either way, the groveling man before her was much different than the powerful warrior she knew. It didn't feel right, thinking about letting him deal with the consequences. He ventured through a snowstorm in the dead of night just to come and see her for help. And he still waited for an answer.

"What do you want me to do?"

Tony released the breath he had been holding in relief. "Luna can go into dreams, but she went into a memory. If I try hard enough, I might be able to replay the memories, and I need you to watch and tell me if I loved her, and if I can love freely or not." Cadence mulled it over, gesturing for him to sit on the bed.

He did as told and sat on the bed, waiting for her to start. Her horn glowed as she fired up a rather difficult mind shadow spell, which would let her enter his thoughts as a spectator. Tony closed his eyes and thought back to Nimani. Every small detail that pertained to her only. The brilliantly blue eyes, her flowing black hair, her flawless peach skin, the wonderful curves of her sides, her toned body, the soft lips, and her clan mark. Then he elaborated, to the times he had seen her, when they fought the Arthanians with Dan, the graduation, and the battle that ended her.

"Do it."

Cadence's horn hummed as the spell reached its fullest power, and with a tap on his forehead she was in.




Cadence zoomed through Tony's high school life, which brought back bullies and jerks that liked picking on him. But… when Dan wasn't around, it was Nimani that put them in their place. He was mocked for having her doing all his fighting, but he understood why she did it. She knew he had the Ashla to control, and yet something more was felt.

Nimani looked nothing like she did graduation night and then on. In school, she wore glasses, kept her hair in a ponytail, wore regular school shirts and pants with regular shoes. She had a fair bit of muscle on her, and she was by no means skinny but she wasn't chubby either. The perfect size for a warrior of her clan. The physical muscle didn't show the raw power of the Signa she was, and neither did Tony's body, even if he was twice as strong. Nimani was very straightforward, serious, and unwilling to deal with BS the immature students had to offer, as many actually tried dating her.

But none of them held the qualities she was looking for. She wanted someone strong, both mentally and physically, that didn't act so childish unless it were playful. Her interests were also in favor of a smart man, who wasn't completely overwhelmed with work. She was an A student, athletic, and very strong, characteristically and physically. The only person, aside from Dan who amused her greatly, there was only one person she could speak to.

Reku'un.

As soon as she saw the mark, she remembered him. Playing on Loki'ir, and his family name. He had grown well, and he was already showing the large height and good build his family was known for. Just like the men of his clan, he was extremely disciplined, kind, strong, and very handsome, even if he played the role as a nerd well. But he was very shy, until he saw her own mark. From then on, they were inseperable. He played her the Kital, rode Nyla with her and Istaka, sparred occasionally, studied with her, chatted almost everyday, and hung out almost all the time.

They clicked. Like two pieces of a puzzle.

He cherished every moment spent with her, and she always wanted to see him. It came to the point where she was unable to get him out of her head, as well as him with her. Surprisingly enough, it was him that kissed her by the lake they always went to. She craved his taste every day since, and she made her affections public. Whether it be jealous boys, or a few jealous girls, she wanted everyone to know she was his and he was hers. It amused him, and she always loved it when he blushed redder than a cherry. They only seperated when it was time to go home, or sleep was a necessity.

He loved her, and she loved him.

They found their love, and it was stronger than any other love either had felt. Tony wanted to make things memorable for her, as she wanted to for him. They seperately came up with the same idea, and when that day came, it changed their lives.

June 19, 2005

Graduation Party

Tony adjusted his simple shirt, uneasy around the large crowd. Dan was chatting with some blonde twins as they waited entry to the gym. A man with black shades, a baseball cap and a silver chain with the letters "DJ-DIDDIE" in sparkling gold called for Dan, who tapped his back and said, "See ya inside, kid!"

Tony nodded, the crowd of high-school graduates being let in to the gym. He spotted Dan behind the DJ stand, with Diddie, or Derek, beside him. The former slipped the latter something, which Tony could smell as a powerful alcohol. Deciding to ignore it, Tony went around as the music started up slowly, getting rhe partiers in the groove of things. Before long, everything was in full swing as half the grads were drunk and the strobe lights were flashing wildly. The speakers violently shook the floor, all while Dan jammed out behind the turntables with some techno and rave he had mixed together.

The smell of Reftak flowers invaded his nostrils, and he took a deep whiff. He glanced around for her, and when he spotted her he stood up slowly while his jaw dropped. Dan's scratched a disc when he leaned forward on the stand, every other guy's jaw hitting the floor. Tony was speechless, Dan was aroused greatly along with half of the boys, and just about every girl was in a jealous rage.

She was beautiful. Her hair was straightened and falling down her shoulders gently, going well with the black dress she had chosen. Said dress was parted halfway down her left thigh, giving a modest view her nice legs. She was wearing heels, but not tall ones, and she had the faintest bit of makeup on. A powerful blush was on her cheeks, but she glanced around until she spotted her man. Seeing the jealousy in the girls and the lust in the boys, Nimani cantered over to Tony, tossing her hips sensually as she sauntered closer, and put her arms around his shoulders, even as he kept staring. She kissed him in front of everyone, passion and provocation the goal of it all.

And it was working, as every boy's pants were feeling tighter, and most girls were calling her a slut. Still, all that mattered to Nimani was that Tony was with her. The music resumed, and the drunkards went back to their dancing and drinking.

"You're a bit late, huh?" Tony laughed, looking into the pools of blue.

"Was it worth it?" Nimani shouted over the music. Tony kissed her again, caressing her neck and pulling her closer.

"Does that answer your question?" Tony laughed, following her to the snack table. "Dan spiked it a while ago."

Nimani smiled and drank a cup, licking her lips sultrily. "It tastes better this way!" She laughed, noticing his blush.

Tony went over to the bleachers, waiting for her to finish her snack. He watched Dan jamming out with his ridiculous headphones around his neck. "Are you going to sit here all night, Tony?" Nimani asked.

"I… don't really dance," Tony said above the music.

Nimani smirked. "Come now. The Doshu'um unable to dance, yet he can topple hundreds of soldiers?"

"Fighting is natural for us, Nimani," Tony replied.

"As is dancing," Nimani quipped. Noticing his friend's hesitation, Dan switched to another track for his friend.

The summer's stayin' and I'm feelin' good
The sun is shinin' the way it should

4 o'clock and a drink feels right
Already found my girl for the night

Tony flipped Dan the bird, Nimani tugging him playfully.

Alright, I'm lookin' up to the sky-yyyy so high
I fly, it's a party no ti-iiime to cry

Don't be shy, just try and go back
To Put Your Tie on Your Head

Nimani pulled him into the crowd just as the beat dropped and starting dancing around him.

Feels like I'm in paradise
Oh ohoh

No-body is alone tonight
Oh ohoh

We're dancin' and I feel alright
It's summer time, in paradise.

Feels like I'm in paradise
Oh ohoh

No-body is alone tonight
Oh ohoh

We're dancin' and I feel alright
It's summer time, in paradise

Summer time in paradise

As the rhythm changed, Nimani stopped Tony and drew his gaze to hers. She grabbed his left hand with her own, a sign of affection only seen for one purpose. He gave her a knowing smile, slowly closing the distance between their lips. They connected, electricity shooting through his body as if he hit a generator. When the beat dropped again, they danced.

The song held similar drops to the songs of Loki'ir, but not as lively. They kept their left hand in the other's and danced wildly, mimicking their ancestors traditional dance in the small space they had. She wove under his arm then spun around, and Tony pulled her close.

Late at night and still goin' on

He went in for a kiss, but Nimani put a finger on his lips and smirked.

Some other couples are already gone

He returned the gesture, then seperated and continued the dance, skipping in opposite directions as if they were two lions circling each other.

They're dancin' to house, turn it upside down
Shop for tequila for all in town

Alright, I'm lookin' up to the sky-yyyy, so high
I fly, it's a party no ti-iime to cry

Don't be shy, just try and go back
To Put Your Tie On Your Head

The final few beats rocked into their cores, Tony held Nimani close, staring into her magnificent eyes as she did the same.

Feels like I'm in paradise
Oh ohoh

No-body is alone tonight
Oh ohoh

We're dancin' and I feel alright
It's sunmer time in paradise

Their lips met as Nimani's mark began glowing, and they held each other closer, not letting go of the other.

Feels like I'm in paradise
Oh ohoh

No-body is alone tonight
Oh ohoh

We're dancin' and I feel alright
It's sunmer time in paradise

The beat took over, and they looked down to Nimani's mark.

It was now in the shape of a dragon, just swirled. She smiled at Tony, a tear in her eye, as did he. They completed the dance soon, kissing and touching their bodies against the other at regular intervals as a part of the dance. When the music died down and another track played, they held hand and hand as they went to leave the gym, wanting some time together.


January 12, 2007

Madagascar, Africa

The Arthanians were on Earth.

They were planning something, and Jerosh had to be behind it. They were able to track a pack of soldiers to several locations, but none proved fruitful. But now, they followed an Arthanian ship to Madagascar's coast and to a deserted building sitting on a formation of rocks just off the coast. Nimani was to grab any information of Arthanian knowledge thus far, and Jerosh's allies and resource supporters. After that, they would escape and gather any Signa to help stop them before they could spread or call for an invasion.

They had regrouped, fought their way to the gas lines, ran away from the Gungrich, and were now falling. Nimani wrapped her arms around his shoulders while Tony grabbed Dan's leg. With his free arm, he grabbed his Daedalak and stabbed it into the side of the building. The stone split as his sword dragged downward, slowing down but not fast enough. It hit a number of pipes, abruptly halting them but breaking Tony's arm, which he screamed loudly to.

Reku'un! Jump!

He painfully pulled the Daedalak out of the wall and dropped onto Nyla's back with Nimani and Dan. Nyla groaned as she flapped her wings rapidly, and they sluggishly moved farther away from the building.

TING TING TING!

Tony cried out as a round pierced his other shoulder, and Dan yelled as he fell over the side. He grabbed his forearm, seeing the bleeding wound on his leg.

"Hang on!" Tony shouted.

"YOU DON'T SAY?!" Dan screamed. The constant fire kept Tony from pulling him up, but he gasped as he heard Nimani scream and saw her clutch her chest before she fell off.

"NO!" He barely grabbed her hand, another three rounds going through his chest and another through his leg.

He screamed at Nyla mentally to find somewhere to land, at the same time losing his grip on them. Nimani told him to let go, but he refused to. But she wasn't debating this, and so she forced him to let go by clawing his hand. He screamed her name, and pulled Dan up before diving after her.

"Reku'un, what are you-?!"

"I'm not leaving you!" Tony shouted. "Ever!"

Nimani sniffled and pulled him in for another kiss, even as they plummeted hundreds of feet. Tony screamed as another set of bullets passed through his chest again, but when Nimani's arms slipped away he looked at her. Her eyes were glazed over, and blood trickled from the side of her mouth. He'd seen that look before.

…no… no… NO!

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

He smashed into the ground, still holding her. When the storm had passed and the building was destroyed, Nyla landed beside them and Dan limped over. He did his best to comfort Tony, but there was a rage he had never seen in his eyes. He still sobbed into her shoulder, holding her body with no thought of leaving her. But he knew they would need to leave, before more Arthanians came. Before Jerosh found out.

"Salemos, Nimani. Salemos," Tony whispered shakily.



Arthanian Command Post

African Jungle

The secret side of me
I never let ya see

I keep it caged but I can't control it

Tony walked quickly, a cloak concealing many objects sticking out from behind him and a scarf covering his face, only revealing the blackened irises.

So stay away from me
The beast is ugly

I feel the rage
And I just can't hold it

It's scratching on the walls
In the closet, in the halls

It comes awake
And I can't control it

Hidin' under the bed
In my body, in my head

Why won't somebody come and save me from this?
Make it eeeend

A pack of soldiers bursted from the trees, five in total.

I feel it deep within!
Its just beneath the skin!

I must confess that I feel like a MONSTER!

He punched the first then kicked the second, grabbing hold of the third and tearing its head off of its shoulders.

I hate what I've become!
The nightmare's just begun!

I must confess that I feel like a MONSTER!

He rammed his fist through the fourth's chest and ripped its ribcage out, using a rib to puncture the fifth's eye before he tore its throat out.

I, I feel like a MONSTER!

He punched the first one into the sky, then use a fallen sword to slice the second in half by the waist.

I, I feel like a MONSTER!

The first fell back down, and Tony ripped it in half with his head as he pulled it down faster. He tossed the parts to the side, continuing to stomp forward.

My secret side I keep
Hid under lock and key

I keep it caged but I can't control it

'Cause if I let 'im out
He'll tear me up, break me down

The plants died around him as the Iikro drew in energy, smirking as it gained control of the boy.

Why won't somebody come and save me from this?
Make it eeeeeend

He reached the clearing, where nearly a thousand soldiers and dozens of Gungrich were waiting. The cloak and scarf fell of, revealing a dozen different weapons sheathed on his back and legs. He drew the twin katanas on his back, his metals surfacing as he roared in pure rage.

I feel it deep within!
Its just beneath the skin!

I must confess that I feel like a MONSTER!

He slashed through dozens of them, lopping off arms and heads until he stabbed two in the head and pinned them to the ground, grabbing an axe and a mace hanging from his sides.

I hate what I've become!
The nightmare's just begun!

I must confess that I feel like a MONSTER!

He dug his axe into their heads while he bashed them with the sharpened mace, piling them up around him. He buried them in one soldier's chest and pulled out the large hammer on his back, launching himself over them to slam into another cluster.

I, I feel like a MONSTER!
I, I feel like a MONSTER!

Tony swung the hammer around and launched it into a charging Gungrich before jumping onto another and breaking its skull with his fist. He tore its tusks out and beamed them into two others. He pushed off of the corpse and went straight into another Gungrich's mouth, using daggers to cut its insides apart. It collapsed on the ground, and he tore its back open with his Daedalak before roaring and jumping back into the horde.

It's hiding in the dark
It's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me
It wants my soul
It wants my heart!

A soldier was lucky enough to pike his back with a spear, but Tony stabbed his Daedalak into it's head then stabbed the spear into another soldier. A trio of arrows hit his torso, and a mutt jumped onto his back and bit into his shoulder.

No one can hear me scream!
Maybe it's just a dream
Or maybe it's inside of me!
Stop this monster!

Even as he struggled to stand, he slashed and kicked and punched all around, piles of bodies forming. But a soldier ducked under his sword and stabbed it's own into him, two other grabbing hold of his arms while more clawed at the exposed skin. He screamed as he thrashed around, but one finally headbutted him and knocked him onto the ground, prompting the horde to claw and bite into his body.

I feel it deep within!

Tony screamed in agony.

It's just beneath the skin!

The metals around his arms and legs began to blacken, slowly climbing up to his head.

I must confess that I FEEL LIKE A MONSTER!

His eyes snapped open, now completely black. His headphones were torn away as he sent a burst of energy out and roared more demonically than ever, tears trailing down his face.

I feel it deep within!
It's just beneath the skin!

I must confess that I feel like a MONSTER!

The Iikro slashed with it's growing paws, the sharpened claws tearing into the Arthanian flesh with ease. Two tails shot out and piked two behind it, throwing them up just before the pikes on its back slashed them in half.

I hate what I've become!
The nightmare's just begun!

I must confess that I feel like a MONSTER!

The Iikro roared as it's body grew out, it's hind legs cracking inwards and it's head expanding into a snouth and a row of metal "teeth" covering it's jaw. The metals snapped into place, and the Iikro roared.

I, I feel like a MONSTER!
I, I feel like a MONSTER!

It's paw crushed a soldier, then ripped another into several pieces.

I, I feel like a MONSTER!
I, I feel like a MONSTER!

It's tail slammed into a wave of them, and the Iikro bit down on a Gungrich, shredding it between the two arrays of teeth.

I, I feel like a MONSTER!
I, I feel like a MONSTER!

It swiped through the groups of soldiers, biting down on another Gungrich and devouring it's body. It's maw opened as a beam of black decimated a column of soldiers and Gungrich.

I, I feel like a MONSTER!

I, I FEEL LIKE A MONSTER!

The Iikro roared as every soldier began piling on, stabbing into it as Gungrich's rammed it. It tore them off with ease, firing more beams of black energy that completely obliterated them. But a pack of Alphas came, and even in the Iikro's form, the boy was still young, and it was only a matter of time before the Iikro couldn't take anymore. It brought down eight of the ten Alphas before it reverted back into Tony, falling unconscious in the mess of bodies and black blood.

It was hours later that he was barely awake, coughing up his own blood and spitting out the taste of Arthanian. He was dropped onto a table, and he wheezed hoarsely as he glanced to the side.

"Da…Dan…" He managed to croak.

His body stiffened as Jerosh stepped in front of him, but he wasn't wearing the usual devious smirk. Instead… he looked… concerned. Almost as if he pitied him… in a loving way.

"Sleep, Reku'un… and push on for the troubles ahead," Jerosh said softly, flicking a switch.

Tony barely saw the image of his brain on the screen in front of him, the sedatives pouring into his veins working to put him to sleep. He struggled as long as he could, but it overpowered him and he saw black.

Then… he woke up beside Eishla.




Cadence wiped her eyes, as did Tony. Her body felt as if she was being torn apart, and Tony's body was remembering being torn apart. He gave her a moment to think about what she had seen, knowing no pony could handle something so intense and be ready instantly.

"Did… did I love her?" Tony asked, as sure of himself as he was.

Cadence sighed softly, shakily rubbing her cold hooves. "Yes."

It was the one word he dreaded as of late.

"You two… were literally meant for each other," Cadence whispered, calming down at last.

Tony put his hands over his face and bent down, sighing while trying to hold his frustration and sadness in. He knew he had loved her, it was stupid to think that he didn't. It was denial, all of it. He just-

"But…"

He sat back up, looking to her with the faintest bit of hope.

"…I noticed something strange."

"Like what?" Tony questioned.

"I… I can't really explain it well, but even though you two loved each other… your love wasn't that restricted," Cadence said. "I felt her love as solid and focused, like you were the only one. But for you… your love was a bit shaky… certain but not completely. It felt like you could love another, but it was very specific."

Tony sighed, not completely thrilled he could love a bit freely but relieved that he could love another. "So… did you see anything about… about Luna?"

"Well I saw some glimpses of her… and when you two were arguing," Cadence weakly laughed. "She loves you a lot. More than I've ever seen from her. It's potential love, which means you two haven't had sex or made love."

Tony blushed brightly. "I couldn't… do that when I was thinking of another woman," Tony stammered. "B-But what about me?"

"You… did sort of love her," Cadence said softly. "But… I felt the distrust."

He sighed softly, standing up and sitting by the wall. "Have you ever been stabbed in the back?" Tony asked, keeping his gaze on the carpet. "By family? By the love you thought was your first?"

"She didn't mean to," Cadence said, stepping in front of him.

"But it happened. I opened up to her, to the girls, to Celestia, and they kicked me while I was getting back on my feet," Tony said, gripping his hair angrily. "I know that Jerosh tricked you guys… but do you know what that's like after so long?"

Cadence sighed and sat down. "No, I don't," she said softly.

"You feel like there's no one out there. No one that cares. No one that will really be there to help," Tony said, holding back a snarl. "Dan was the one guy I trusted without a doubt. And he died because I wasn't careful enough to keep my distance. I love Luna, I love having my friends… but I'm not sure who can be trusted."

Cadence stood up and put a hoof on his shoulder. "Then this might be something you have to figure out on your own," Cadence gently said. "But, don't think for a second that we won't be here for you. I know it's going to be hard to trust any of us, especially after what we did. But I hope you figure this out."

With a deep exhale, Tony stood up and nodded, heading for the door.

"And good luck."

Tony chuckled, glancing to her. "Thanks. I'm really going to need it," he said, closing the door and heading down the hall.

There's got to be somepony I can talk to about this.

He reached the throne room and went to push the crystal doors open.

There is.

in a flash of magic, Tony was gone, the doors settling back with a thud.




Somewhere in Discordia…

Tony fell through a soft roof and landed on something much softer. "Is this… cotton candy?"

"You bet!" Discord's voice laughed. "Ah, this brings me back so many centuries ago."

Tony spun on a hand and readied energy in each palm, discovering that energy actually touched him a while back. "What am I doing here, Discord? Where am I?" Tony barked.

"Now, now," Discord chuckled, snapping his paw. The cotton candy wrapped around his arms and pulled them down, the chocolate melting and wrapping around his neck and mouth.

"Let mff ouff!" Tony said, muffled by the chocolate.

"Calm down, calm down," Discord smiled, his paw and talon detaching and rubbing his shoulders, even as he thrashed. "I just want to help you."

Tony kept still, but kept the glare at the draconquus.

"Ah, you're getting deseperate!" Discord laughed. "Don't worry, I'm not going to make you sign a blood pact or something. I just wanted to talk to you about your little love crisis."

Tony's glare intensified, and his metals began creeping out.

"Don't look at me like that! And I thought we were friends," Discord smirked, his limbs reattaching. "Don't worry, I'm not going to keep you here long. It's a nice place, isn't it? Yep, ol' Sunbutt gave me this realm to mess around in. It isn't the same. No pony to see it."

Tony rolled his eyes, tugging on the surprisingly strong cloud of candy.

"Eh. So, if you're wondering why I brought you here, was because of what you've said to my dear friend Fluttershy," Discord said with mock formality. "I hate to see her the way you've left her. But good job with Lulu! I haven't seen her that mad since I borrowed her tail!"

Tony glared a bit, but he sighed and slumped forward, remembering how hurt he had left the meek pegasus.

"You've really done it," Discord sighed, floating down on a cloud of cotton candy and summoning a glass of lemonade. "The chaos of your thoughts would be delightful if there wasn't the part of her dying and you trying to kill yourself."

The man growled loudly, trying to break free again.

"Relax, I didn't mean it badly," Discord smiled. "But seriously, as rare as this happens, I hate seeing Fluttershy so broken, and since you haven't returned the mares are looking all over for you. So, would you like my help?"

Tony rose a brow, suspiscion evident on his expression.

"If I Pinkie Promise to not mess around, will you accept? Or should I let you solve this on your own?" Discord huffed, his antler dislodging and scratching his ear.

He knew the god of chaos well enough to know he didn't Pinkie Promise unless it was something important. Tony went to respond, but he gestured with his eyes to the chocolate. Discord groaned exaggeratedly and snapped his claw, making the candy drop to the floor harmlessly.

"You'd really help?" Tony questioned.

"Eh, we can try this "good" thing," Discord shrugged. "But I really don't want to see dear Fluttershy all red and in pain."

Tony weighed his options, which he had none of. Try and get help from the god of chaos, or try and solve the chaos by himself. It was obvious, yet he was still hesitant. Turning back to the floating draconequus, Tony sighed.

"Promise, then we'll start."

Author's Note:

Yes, I, did. I think Discord could do some good, as everyone knows he isn't COMPLETELY evil. Just a little heads up, Discord and Tony's adventures in his mind will be posted sometime after Hearth's Warming, so I can not only get it out of the way but so I can write it out and I'm so, GOD, DAMN, EXCITED! That is all. Like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night! Peaces!

PS I OWN NOTHING! (Song wise, and MLP character-wise)

PreviousChapters Next