• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 20,431 Views, 534 Comments

To Call the Moon My Own - That_Random_Pony



It's funny learning how easy it is to lose everything. But it's even funnier to learn how easy it can be to replace what was lost.

  • ...
62
 534
 20,431

PreviousChapters Next
Hard at Work

The morning sun was blocked by the shades in the lunar princess' tower. However, that didn't stop Tony's internal clock from waking him. He yawned silently and felt something soft against his arm. His new marefriend was resting her head on his chest as she slept. She looked so perfect, but he couldn't stay forever. Especially now that he had a project for her.

Shifting his weight ever so slowly, Tony slithered out of Luna's grasp and got out of bed. He placed the blanket over her to keep her warm while she slept. She had a soft smile on her face as she lightly snored. Tony couldn't help but smile himself. He took the iPod out of his pocket and set it beside her.

He took a quil and piece of parchment and started writing.

Luna,

I had a lot of fun with you last night. Canterlot is a pretty nice place to be, I'm jealous you get to live here. You've made me the happiest man alive by dating me, and there's nothing I would trade it for. I'll be back in Ponyville by the time you read this, but I'm always available to you. See you soon Luna

--Tony

He placed the parchment beside her and watched for another second before planting a kiss on her forehead. " Goodbye for now Luna".

Quietly he opened the door and closed it gently. He wanted dearly to stay with her. But he had something important to do for her, and it would be a while before he could finish it. Going down the stairs was much easier than climbing up it. The Lunar Guards weren't outside the entrance to the tower, instead two Solar Guards were at attention.

What Tony didn't see, was the dull blonde mane retreating to another hallway. Tony walked off to find Celestia, who was in the throne room.

Tony walked inside and saw the sister of his marefriend sifting through paperwork. " Good morning Princess", he said.

Celestia looked up and smiled. " Tony! Nice to see you here!", she chirped as she rose from her seat. They shared a quick embrace that Tony was happy to give. " What brings you to the castle?".

" Yeah I was um, just visiting Luna", he rubbed the back of his neck. Celestia got a more playful grin.

" Oh, I'm sure you found out how rough she can be in bed right?", she teased. Tony didn't know what she was talking about, all they did was sleep.

" All we did was sle-", he cut himself off as he registered the words properly. His face couldn't have turned red faster. " What?! No?! We didn't...ugh! Why does everyone keep asking that?!".

Celestia was laughing when he realized what she meant finally. " Relax Tony, I know you wouldn't do something like that so soon", she smiled. Tony's blushed died down but not completely.

" Oh, and uh, thanks for covering for Luna last time", he said. " It really means a lot for me".

Celestia came close and wrapped her wing around Tony. " It's no trouble Tony. I'd do anything to see my sister happy after all these years. And when we're alone she can't stop talking about you", she giggled.

" Really?", he asked like a school boy being told he'll get candy. " What does she say?".

" How handsome you are, how kind you are to her", she smiled. " How much fun she has with you".

Tony was delighted to hear those words. " Wow, she really said that?", he questioned.

" She never stops sometimes", Celestia grinned. " But what do you think about her?". He was taken back by the question, but last night gave him enough of an answer.

" When I see her I feel like everything's just fine", he smiled. " She's so beautiful and funny, but she doesn't know it. She's really fun to be with, especially when she gets competitive. But its not just that, she's showed me that even though she may act like a leader should, she's just like any other pony. I feel...connected with her". He meant that in more ways than one, but she wouldn't guess.

Celestia had a content smile. " So you do love her", she smiled softly.

" I...I guess I do love her", Tony grinned. " I do. I love Luna".

" And have you told her?", Celestia questioned. Tony sighed and rubbed his forehead.

" No, I'm gonna make something special for her", he said. " Then I'll tell her. I want it to be perfect".

Celestia nodded, while inwardly grinning. " What are you going to make her?", she asked. Tony grinned and waved his finger from side to side.

" It's a surprise", he chuckled. " And if I want to get it done I need to get back to Ponyville. Do you think a chariot could bring me there?".

Celestia nodded and summoned a quil and parchment. She scribbled a note down and handed it to Tony. " Just give this to any pegasi guards in the courtyard and tell them where you need to go. And I hope to see you again Tony". With another quick hug and thanks Tony ran to the courtyard.

Many wagons and chariots were waiting to be used. Some were abandoned both driver and passenger wise while some guards were still hooked up. Tony walked over and handed them the parchment.

" I need a ride to Ponyville if you don't mind", he said hesitantly. The guards nodded and motioned for him to get jn back.

Within minutes they were back in the sky. Now that Tony was okay with heights, he could look down and around as he pleased. He really thanked Luna for that, since he wouldn't be this high without her help. As much as he wanted to be with Luna at the moment, even if she was asleep, he needed to do this. For her. The ride wasn't long, and soon the chariot touched down in Town Square.

" Thanks guys", Tony waved. The guards nodded and took flight back to Canterlot.

The sun was high in the sky, and the town was busy as ever. He hurried to get to Sweet Apple Acres, and when he got there the orange mare was waiting in the barn.

" Mornin' Tony", she grinned. " Kinda late ain't ya?".

" Yeah I, kinda stayed in Canterlot for the night", he chuckled. Since she already knew he was courting, she nodded in understanding. " And no, we didn't get it on. I just slept with her".

Applejack held the laugh and raised an eyebrow. " So ya got some?", she snickered. Tony facepalmed from his own comment.

" I, just slept, in her bed, with her, without sex", he stated slowly.

" And ah'm, just teasin'", Applejack copied his way of speaking. " C'mon, we got some work t' get done".

Tony nodded and pulled the wagon along. When they got into the fields Tony already heard the cracking of hooves on wood. The source of it was Big Macintosh bucking at one tree.

" Leg fixed up?", Tony asked.

" Eeyup", he nodded. Tony grabbed the buckets and put them under the tree. The next strike knocked all the apples into the buckets, and Tony quickly put them in the wagon and grabbed more.

Today they would be doing twice as much work now that Big Mac's leg was all better. Mac was considerably stronger than his younger sibling, while it took two or three strikes from AJ, it only took one for him. It wasn't any hassle, now that Tony had recuperated a significant amount of his energy. The whole time he ran from tree to wagon to tree with buckets, empty then filled. They sped down the row of trees easy until Mac was worn out.

He hauled their load back to the barn and Tony dragged it back. Applejack gave him some time to rest, since it took more bucks to get all the apples down. Mac stayed behind to get the apples into the barrels for storage, since winter was coming around anyways. With a few more trees down, Applejack decided they had done enough for the day. Tony looked out to the rest of the Acres and saw only another row remained.

" Guess I'm gonna be out of a job soon huh?", he questioned. Applejack sighed and nodded sadly.

" Ah wish ah could keep ya goin' with the bits but winters almost 'ere an' when we get that last row done, summer's gonna be when we get back t' work", she said. Tony sighed and looked back to Ponyville.

Wonder how I'll work in the winter. Maybe Twilight could use some help around the library

" Its okay Applejack, its not like you can control nature", Tony chuckled. " I'll just find another job, for now". He got her to chuckle at least. " Besides, I really hate jobs where I just sit around all day. That's why I came here".

Applejack wiped the sweat from her brow and smiled. " Well, guess tomorrow's the last workin' day", she said. " Thanks for all the help Tony, we couldn't've gotten all these apples down sooner".

He smiled and waved as he ran off back to the library. The sun was still in the sky, beginning its descent. Tony smiled, it was good to know he had time to start his project. He dashed for the library and as usual he leaped in through the platform. Once inside he changed then went into the bottom drawer. The cloth bulging out of the rest was his concern, and soon he was holding the beautiful azure gem. Just looking at it reminded him of Luna's eyes.

" Whoa, where'd you get that gem?", Spike's voice carried into his room.

" I bought it a while ago", Tony sighed while examining it. He froze up and chanced to glance at Spike, who had a hungry gaze in his eyes.

" Sure looks...tasty". Tony was about to order the Nera'ak out, given his appetite. But there was something he could help with, something that could benefit them both.

" Hey Spike, I need a favor", Tony casually said. " See this gem?". The dragon nodded quickly. " I want to carve something out of it, but first I need your help to do it. I need you to run into town and get me a bar of silver".

He handed Spike the bag of bits and within minutes the baby dragon was gone. It was about half an hour before he got back, running back and forth. The bag felt much lighter, but Tony didn't care one bit. He took the bar of silver, grabbed his Daedalak and motioned for Spike to follow him downstairs. Twilight was dusting the shelf of books at the far side of the room when they got down.

" Hi Tony", she smiled. " What are you doing?".

Tony forgot to hide the silver from her. " Um, just making some stuff", he shrugged. Twilight arched a brow but went back to dusting. " Hey Twi, do you have a iron pot or something?".

" In the kitchen", she replied. Tony went into the cabinets until he found a pot big enough to hold the bar of silver.

" We'll be back soon Twilight", Tony called as he and Spike left the library.

" Okay", she called.

Tony put the silver into the pot and slung the sheath around his waist. Spike follwed beside him as they approached the usual gem hunting area.

" What are we doing here? Don't we need Rarity or Twilight to help find gems?", Spike questioned. Tony set the pot down and walked to one of the large boulders.

Forcing his power to concentrate into his fist, Tony punched the boulder. The effects were immediate, the boulder shattered into large hunks of rock. He chose a smaller slab, since he only needed to make a small outline. Behind him, Spike was speechless from what he just saw. The entire boulder shattered from one hit! Without any magic!

" No wonder you helped save Luna", he gasped. Tony chuckled some and set the slab of rock down beside the pot.

" Yeah. Okay, so go find some sticks, I need to make a fire", Tony told the drake. Spike saluted and ran off to find the fallen branches.

While Spike searched, Tony pulled the Daedalak free of its cover. The blade gleamed in the sun's rays, reflecting the blue into his eyes. With a twirl he put the point on the rock and started chipping away. He drew the outline of the necklace first, then made a seperate carving for the chains. He made sure to leave little circles to indicate where the azure gem woud be put. Soon he had the template for both, now all he needed to do was actually hollow it out and break the gem.

" Found some!", Spike shouted as he came back. He dropped the pile of dried wood behind Tony. " What's that?".

Tony picked up the slab and showed it to him. " Spike, I trust you, and this is really important so I need you to promise you won't tell anybody? Okay? Pinkie Promise". Spike went through the motions and waited eagerly. " We are going to make a necklace for my marefriend. It's Luna, so I want to make this extra special for her. I need you to make a fire so I can melt that bar and turn it into a chain".

Spike was following, a bit shocked to hear Luna was his marefriend. " Then how come you don't just go to a blacksmith and tell him to make the chain?", Spike asked.

" Because, someone very close to me once told me that the best gifts are the ones you make yourself". Eishla was very stubborn about that belief, but he understood why. It was she who taught him how to carve gems, the Loki'irian way.

" Oh, so that gem's gonna be used in the necklace". Tony nodded and smiled.

" Don't worry, for helping me I'll give you the rest of the gem", Tony smiled. " I only need a small piece, so you can have the rest".

Spike beamed when Tony told him that. " Wow, thanks Tony!".

Tony got the sticks into a pile and Spike set them ablaze. His fire was very controlled, given its magic properties. The green flame burned the sticks and made a calm fire. Tony used some of the other slabs of rock to make a small 'stove', with the pot directly over the fire.

While the Spike watched the fire and kept it going, Tony went to work on the gem. He set it on the largest rock he could find, then he carefully aimed his Daedalak. With a grunt he sliced a piece off the side to make it vertical. The rock cracked beneath it, unable to take the alien metals. He repeated the process until the round sphere was mostly box shaped. As promised, he gave Spike the pieces to munch on.

Now he needed to cut the block in half, width wise. Using his blade wasn't what he was supposed to use, but it worked nonetheless. The block thinned as it was split in half by the blade. His sword was four feet, each foot marked by a small curve. Using it as a makeshift ruler he measured the thin gem. 8 inches long, 5 inches wide and probably one inch tall.

It would be enough to carve the small pieces that would go on and in the necklace. He gave spike the other block and he bit into it instantly. Tony carefully drew out the shapes, four small circles, a larger circle, and three triangles that rounded into a half circle at the base. One was bigger than the other two, making it the center piece.

Now was the long part, actually seperating the pieces. He mentally slapped himself for not saving the other half, meaning he only had one shot at this. He grabbed a rock and used it like a stone mason would, hammering gently on the handle to drive the blade into the outline. It was a long and complicated process. He did the rounded triangles first, seeing as how they were the easiest. The tinier circles were harder, making him mess up a few times. Thankfully the gem was still big enough to make more.

" It's done", Spike called to him. Tony set the tools down and walked over to see. The whiteish liquid sloshed around in the pot. " What now?".

" Now, you go home, with the rest of that gem, and I'll see you in the morning", Tony told him.

" Alright, see ya", Spike said. " And good luck with that necklace for Luna".

Tony watched him go back into Ponyville, and he went back to his carving. At last the small circles were cut out, and he lifted the gem up. The eight shapes remained on the stone while the template was placed to the side. He gently scraped the tiny cylinders until there were five orbs with many small sides. The little crystals were a bit harder, since he had to make sure it wouldn't be sharp.

Now that the accessories were finished, all that was left was the chain and neck piece itself. He hollowed out the neck piece template, then poured the silver into it. He let it sit there while he worked on the chain. The mold only needed a drop, but he would need dozens. In the end though it was all worth it.

While the neck piece was still malleable, he pressed the orbs in line with the largest in the middle. He carefully squeezed the triangular shapes between the smaller orbs, and the largest underneath the largest orb. The chains linked together after many remolds and mistakes, and he attached the neck piece. It was a good thing he had so much silver left over, since he used all of it up because of his mistakes.

He held the necklace above him as he examined it. It was perfect, he could already see Luna wearing it with a beautiful smile. Suddenly a light began to shine through the gem and into his eyes. He shielded his eyes as the light burned into them.

How long have I been out here?!

Ten. Whole. Hours. He wasn't sure, but he and Spike left when the sun was just above the horizon. The realization set in and drowsiness washed over him like a blanket. And the worst part was, he had to get to the fields. Oh well, it was all worth it.



The Elder gasped as he finished with his envisionment from Minira. He had called for Malshuom before the vision started, and only now was the warrior entering his hut.

" What is it Elder?", he questioned. The Elder peered behind him with sad eyes, then lowered his head.

" Minira has graced me with another vision", he said in his frail voice. " However, it is much to bear".

Malshuom caught their eldest and laid him on the cot. " Will you be alright Elder?", Malshuom calmly asked. The Elder nodded and sighed glumly.

" I fear the Doshu'um will suffer immense pain in time. Both of the loss of a loved one, and from a visit of his past", the Elder sighed. " I only hope he is strong enough to bear it. Or else Minira may have brought us across the sea for naught".

Author's Note:

A storm is coming my friends, we shall only hope Tony has enough strength to pull through.

PreviousChapters Next