• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 20,378 Views, 534 Comments

To Call the Moon My Own - That_Random_Pony



It's funny learning how easy it is to lose everything. But it's even funnier to learn how easy it can be to replace what was lost.

  • ...
62
 534
 20,378

PreviousChapters Next
Dinner with Royalty

Author's Note:

Hi guys! That_Random_Pony here! Hope you guys are enjoying this story! Again, there are going to be horrible grammar and spelling mistakes (most likely) and bad spacing, but I'm going to beg you to look past that. As always, if you're enjoying the story, remember to like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night. Peaces!


"So, what should we do?" Tony asked Dan. The two were walking in the halls, having just finished their meal with Celestia.

Tony shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. You always have something to do. What, you lost your touch?" Tony chuckled, nudging Dan.

He elbowed his friend in the side, laughing with him. "You wish," Dan chuckled. "Wonder what the girls are doing. Wanna see what they're up to?"

"I guess. Better than walking around all day," Tony said. While he was supposed to be in bed, he couldn't stand sitting around doing nothing.

The two walked down the halls, getting a few inquisitive looks from the ponies that worked in the castle. Dan waved happily to them, which they returned hesitantly. Tony gave them small smiles and nods as they passed by. He wasn't one to talk to people, or ponies in this case, he didn't know. That was Dan's area of expertise. They were just acroos the hall from the throne room when a unicorn stallion walked into their path.

The unicorn had an expensive looking suit that matched his white coat. He had a faded blonde mane and his cutie mark was two four sided stars, one gold, the one behind it a sort of grey. The unicorn spotted them, and his expression changed to one of complete terror.

"THERE ARE MONSTERS IN THE CASTLE!" he cried. Tony glanced to Dan, who was smirking at him mischieviously. He got his friends idea, and the two of them stood tall and bared out their chests.

They mock roared and ran forward with their arms raised in the air. The unicorn began to gallop in the opposite direction, towards the throne room. The "monsters" gained on him, his face still in utter horror at the two unknown creatures chasing him. Either the guards were too lazy or too terrified to stop them. The unicorn burst into the throne room screaming like a scared filly, then ran up the steps and hid behind the throne. Celestia was shuffling through a few pages that would arrange the Gryphon's meeting when he did.

"What is it, Blueblood?" she sighed, trying to keep from sounding annoyed.

"Oh, it was horrible! There were two animals were chasing me through the castle! They were tall, ugly creatures! How did they get in?!" he questioned, cowering from behind the throne.

Just as he slipped back behind the throne, Tony and Dan walked in. Dan gave Celestia a playful wink, while trying to contain his laughter. She giggled but stopped herself, as funny as it was to see her nephew scared of them.

"Are they gone?" Blueblood shakily asked from behind his aunt.

"Yes, Blueblood," she said, barely managing to stifle a giggle. He exhaled in relief and came out from behind the throne.

"Have your guards search for these monsters, for pony's sake!" Blueblood shouted in a childish voice.

Celestia regained her composure and became a bit serious when Blueblood called them monsters. "They aren't monsters Blueblood, or animals. They're Luna's savior's and our guests."

Blueblood's jaw dropped. "But—"

"And I expect you to treat them as such," Celestia added.

"But, Celestia—!"

"And, since you're here, you will have a dinner with me, Luna, the Elements, and our guests in celebration of her safe return." Blueblood was peeked with anger.

"You can't possibly expect me to do any such thing! They're not even ponies! Why should I treat them with respect when they chased me through the halls?!" Celestia kept her expressionless face but leaned closer to her nephew.

"I do expect you to do all of this, and you will, or Luna will hear who drank the last of her Grape-Berry wine. Understand?"

Blueblood didn't dare mess with her, especially after that threat. His youngest aunt loved that wine more than anything, and when she found the bottle empty she went throughout the entire castle interrogating every guard, servant, and pony. He had to stuff a mint leaf under his tongue and at the top of his mouth so she wouldn't smell it.

"Fine," he snorted. As he made his exit he noticed a guard with a smile instead of the usual stoic stare. "And just what are you laughing at?!"

The emotionless gaze returned. "Nothing, Prince Blueblood," he said with a hint of amusement. The spoiled prince stomped off to his chambers.




"D-Did… did you see how scared he was?!" Tony laughed. Dan was using him as support as he wheezed in laughter.

"Oh… crap. B-Best idea, e-ever," he said between laughs. Their fits died down after a while, but they still snickered here and there.

The two found their way back to the west wing and to the girls room. Pinkie was rambling on about something, which they could hear from the other end of the hall. Just as they neared the door, Tony stopped his friend.

"What's up?" Dan asked. Tony looked at him, then to the wall.

He let out a deep sigh, then backed away a little. "Dan… remember when I walked in on you guys?" Dan nodded, still a bit confused. "Well… I didn't just get there. I heard everything."

Dan kept quiet, for a moment at least. "Tony, you can't keep lying to everyone about what happened. They seem… understanding. The least you could do is tell them you're not really the same thing as me."

"What, so they can start asking? Twilight's gonna wanna know everything, and if she gets answers… she'll know about everything… about It."

"You don't have to tell them about It," Dan insisted. "But you gotta tell them. You can't keep lying. How are you gonna get their trust?"

Tony looked away. "I don't need their trust," he mumbled. "But, if they ask, and only if they ask, I'll tell them."

"Tell us what?" Pinkie asked, appearing behind Tony. Actually, on his back. The two of them jumped back from her sudden entrance.

"Jesus!" Dan yelped. "When did you get there?"

"When did you even get there?!" Tony asked while clutching his chest. Pinkie giggled a bit.

"Just now," she said nonchalantly. "Me and everypony else were talking about how when we get back to Ponyville we should totally throw you a—" Just as she said it she slapped her hooves over her mouth. "I mean, Rarity made you guys some clothes come check'em out!"

Pinkie was stronger than she looked. She pushed the two of them inside hastily. She mentally scolded herself for nearly giving away their surprise. Then the thought of cupcakes came into her head, and pies. And cakes, no pony could forget cakes!

"Well that was quick," Dan commented. The milk white unicorn was stitching the last of a blue T-shirt. On her bed was a similar one, but orange.

"Hmm?" she hummed without turning to see them.

"When did you get this done?" Dan asked as he examined the shirt. It was plain orange, but on the upper left torso were three black diamonds.

"Not too long ago," she smiled, still focusing on Tony's shirt. "The designs were extremely simple, so I was able to make it in minutes." The rumbling of the sewing machine died off, and Rarity squeed as she came over to Tony.

"Uh, thanks, Rarity," he smiled sheepishly as he grabbed the shirt. It felt extremely soft in his hands, and he liked the deep blue.

"Well? Try it on!" she insisted, using her magic to push the shirts closer to them.

The two of them removed their shirts and turned away from the ponies. Tony heard some of them gasp, and it wasn't really that hard to know why. Since he woke up, the second scar had been throbbing, but it wasn't hurting much. He tossed his shredded shirt onto the bed and put on the new one.

"Well? What do you think?" Rarity asked a bit nervously. The shirts weren't a hassle, but she still needed their opinion.

The clothes were terrific. They weren't tight so that it was straining them, but it wasn't so loose that they would look like flags. And soft, to top it off. Rarity had done the same symbol of her cutie mark on Tony's shirt but in a lighter blue. He liked it either way.

"How do I look?" Dan asked while he struck a playful pose. The girls giggled and Tony rolled his eyes. "Thanks, Rarity, this shirt's awesome!"

"Yeah. Its real comfortable, too. Thanks," Tony smiled. She was eager to make more, but she restrained herself from galloping back to the machine.

"Oh, it was nothing," she said modestly. "Again, it was a gift to the two of you."

"We'll pay you back, Rarity," Tony said. "Right, Dan?"

"It wouldn't be right if we didn't," Dan added. Rarity shook her head and waved her hoof.

"Like I said before, I won't have you return the favor. What Element of Generosity would I be if I made a friend pay for well needed attire?"

Tony's mind drifted. Friend. No one, other than Dan, had ever called him that. He had gotten used to never hearing it from anyone but him. He never knew what it was like to be called "friend". Not "freak". Friend. He had a weird sense of joy, but at the same time he was conflicted.

"Equestria to Tony," Rainbow called, tapping his head with her hoof a couple of times.

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at them. They were all smiling, Rarity a bit brighter since he said he liked her design. He couldn't stop a smile of his own from forming.

"So, thanks again, Rarity," he stammered. "I really like this shirt."

"I'll have an entire wardrobe made by the end of the day, so don't thank me yet!" she chimed. Immediately, she zipped back to the sewing machine and levitated rolls of fabric with her magic.

"So, what were you doing here?" Twilight asked. Dan shrugged.

"Dunno. We got bored so we came to see what you guys were up to," he said.

"Well, Rarity's busy," Rainbow sighed as she rolled her eyes. "Me and AJ were gonna race around the castle. Wanna come?"

"Sure, but kid can't," Dan snickered. "He needs ‘rest’"

Tony punched Dan's arm playfully. "After what ah saw, ah wouldn't be surprised," Applejack said. " C'mon then, let's see if you can keep up with a pony."

"You're on," Dan chuckled. The three of them ran out to start their little race.

"So, what are you gonna do, Tony?" Pinkie asked as she jumped on her bed. He really wanted to join the others, but his legs would only get worse if he did.

So he did what Dan would do. He shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe I should just rest until dinner rolls around." His muscles weren't too tired, but the more rest he got the quicker he would be at full strength.

"Wait!" Twilight called. "I wanted to know more about humans! Dan didn't seem to know a lot of details, but do you?"

Of course he knew. His father had him learn about Earth and its history when they arrived. However, he had to keep his answers subtle. There were some things they didn't need to hear.

"I guess," he shrugged as he sat down on Pinkie's bed. This simple answer was enough to get her excited.

"Great! I still have a ton of questions to ask." Right before his eyes, a scroll appeared from thin air. A very, very, very long scroll.

"How did you do that?" he gasped.

"With magic silly!" Pinkie giggled as she jumped to Twilight's bed. "Twilight knows a lot!"

Magic. Earth had fantasized about it, but never did he expect to see it. Then again, he was talking to talking ponies. Colorful, talking ponies.

"Don't humans have magic?" Twilight questioned.

"No. We rely mostly on technology." Acting as if he were human felt weird to him. He hated technology, his entire race did. "So how does magic work?"

"Unicorns can channel their magic into spells and enchantments." She demonstrated by levitating the scroll and rolling it up. "Pegasi like Rainbow and Fluttershy use their magic to fly and control weather clouds. Earth ponies like AJ and Pinkie often have more stamina and strength than other ponies. And they're also connected to the soil, which is why they're such great farmers."

"And the alicorns! Don't forget about the alicorns, Twilight!" Pinkie reminded her.

"That's right, there are also alicorns. They're supposed to be each kind of pony in one. They're way stronger than unicorns and much faster than pegasi."

"So Celestia's an alicorn?" Tony said. Twilight nodded.

"And Princess Luna! And Cadence!" Pinkie reminded them.

It was all straight out of a fairy tale. Pegasai, unicorns, magic, controlling the weather. It was so new… yet familiar to him.

"Interesting," he mumbled. "So, what else do you want to know about humans?"

Twilight, and sometimes Pinkie and Fluttershy, asked Tony all about Earth. The wars he tried to avoid, technology was probably the hardest to explain to the two not-so-scholarly ponies. Twilight seemed to get the gist of it, while the other two needed simpler worded answers. It was frustrating, but funny at the same time. As he answered their questions, he learned some more about them.

He learned that the six of them were the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. Apparently, it was the strongest magic known to ponies. He also learned that Princess Celestia raised the sun while Princess Luna raised the moon. There weren't any wars, except for the incident with Shining Armor, Twilight's brother, which was more of an attack than a war. The changelings, insect like ponies that change into somepony you love and feed off of your love, attacked with their queen.

Other than that, they didn't seem to know much about warfare. He was a bit surprised, but not as much after hearing more about them. They seemed to be relatively peaceful and friendly. There were few planets that could claim to have such innocence, but Equestria seemed to top them.

Dan, Applejack, and Rainbow came back a while later. Each of them were sweating from the races they had. Rainbow made sure to emphasize how she beat each of them without a sweat. Dan and Applejack went back and forth with their wins and losses. Tony knew Dan didn't cheat, but he did "bend" the rules. Like when he "tripped" and made Applejack face plant on the rug.

Their talking passed the time; laughing, smiling, and joking here and there. Dan was used to this kind of thing, but not with Tony. Sure the two of them did this together, but not with a bunch of others. It was probably the first time he saw Tony interact with someone other than him. What surprised him even more was when he told a few clever jokes and laughed at theirs.

He liked this side of Tony, as rare as it came out. It was the side of him that was Tony, not Reku'un the Doshu'um. If everyone saw him like this, Dan was sure he would have way more friends. But they would have to see who he really was… what he was. The ponies had seen his rites. And they weren't freaked out like most would be.

An idea came to him. One that was so extreme, so far-fetched that Tony could either end up happy like he deserved to be, or end with a damaged friendship. It was a big risk, but if it paid off, Tony would have a life of his own.

"And then I was like pudding? Are you serious?" Pinkie giggled. Tony thought Pinkie was pretty hyper and leaking energy. She was bouncing all over the place the whole time they were talking.

"So did you?" Tony chuckled.

"Of course not silly! Everypony knows Gummy likes frosting way more than pudding!"

Rarity had made Dan and Tony a new pair of pants, which they changed into. They had forgotten to mention they needed undergarments to protect their boys. Commando it was, until they could find a way to tell Rarity. The pants were just as simple yet spiced up as the shirts. To go with Dan's orange shirt, a pair of blue jeans, or so Dan called them. For Tony, Rarity made some black pants for him.

As he transferred his possessions into his new clothes, the ponies saw what was in his pockets. Three small prisms, and each were a different type of metal.

"What're those?" Rainbow questioned, pointing to the third device.

Tony looked for the sticker he used to seperate what was what. The green sticker was the first aid kit, red sticker was explosive, and though it was on Earth, orange sticker was Dan's old exoskeleton.

The one in his hand had a green sticker, thankfully. "It's a first aid kit," he answered. He held it out for Rainbow to see. She played with it then laughed.

"Seems kinda small," she chuckled. Tony smirked.

"Ackel (Grow)" The device began to hum, it's glowing lines glowing brighter, then grew to its full size.

"D'ahhh!" Rainbow yelped as the prism grew to the size of a regular medical kit.

"Wow!" Twilight beamed as she came closer. "How did you do that?!"

"It's something most would call atom compression," Tony explained. "The atoms of the object are crammed together so it could fit wherever I need it to. I could bring an entire house with me if I wanted to."

Though he despised technology, it was exceedingly useful. Especially with what he had needed it for.

"Can you make it smaller again?" Fluttershy asked.

"Mockel (Shrink)" he said. The medical kit hummed and began to compress back into a miniature prism.

Tony put it back with the others, carefully sliding it next to the explosives. He glanced out the window and saw the moon beginning to peak over the horizon. Time really did fly when you were having fun.

"Hungry already?" Dan teased. Tony frowned, then punched him in the arm. "Fuuuuuu…"

"Oh! Celestia's probably waiting for us!" Twilight exclaimed. "C'mon c'mon c'mon! Let's go!"

Tony remembered her saying she was the princess' personal student. And from what the others said, she took it veeeeery seriously. When Tony stood up, he fell back down. His leg had fallen asleep.

"Nice face plant," Rainbow laughed. Tony laughed lightly, snickering afterwards as he tried moving his numb legs.

"Leg fell asleep, too?" Dan chuckled while hopping on one leg.

"Oh I love when that happens! It feels so tingly!" Pinkie giggled. She poked Tony's leg and got him to laugh again.

"We'll catch up, just give us a minute to get the blood flowing," Tony told them. They nodded and followed after Twilight.

Tony's legs were the first to "wake up". He sort of missed the feeling. It always got him to laugh. His leg "waking up" also meant he had to be the crutch for Dan this time. He had to help him walk/hop to the dining room. They passed by Shining Armor, who was giving them a weird yet amused look.

"Leg fell asleep?" Shining asked.

"Is it that obvious?" Dan laughed. Shining chuckled and continued on his way.

By the time they reached the dining room, Dan's foot had some blood circulating. Except now it felt like a flickering TV screen. He laughed and yelped as he walked to his seat next to Twilight and Rainbow. Celestia asked him what was he laughing about, which he responded to by shaking his leg. Tony sat next to Rarity and Pinkie Pie.

"Dan, Tony," Celestia called for their attention. "I'd like you to meet my nephew, Prince Blueblood. Blueblood, meet Daniel Fondor and Anthony Lorenshi." The two mentioned stared wide-eyed at the same unicorn they scared earlier.

"Uh, hey?" Dan smiled nervously, as did Tony.

"Hello," Blueblood snorted. He took a seat beside his aunt and gave them both death glares.

Tony and Dan did their best to not laugh, and gestured to the other if he was still looking at them. Beside Celestia was an extra seat. Now that he noticed, Tony forgot that someone else was missing.

"Hey, Rari—" he stopped when he saw her glaring at somepony. He followed her wicked stare to Blueblood, who was sneering just as nastily. "Something wrong?"

She held her gaze for another minute before turning to him. "It's nothing," she muttered. "What were you saying?"

"Where's Princess Luna?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. She must be tired after what happened to her. Why?" The last part sounded a little… suspicious.

Truth be told, getting his face bashed in didn't only mess up sense of smell. Or his face. "Actually, I… kinda forgot what she looked like. When I was… losing."

"Celestia was late last time," Pinkie said. "She's coming! She said this was breakfast for her!"

Breakfast at dinner. It was every child's dream. He waited silently, listening to everypony conversing. Blueblood still gave him a menacing glare, which would often be redirected to Rarity or Dan. But mostly the unicorn.

Maybe they went out some time?

"Good to see you, sister," he heard above everypony. He picked up his head and turned to the doorway, where a dark alicorn was walking in.

"Hey Luna," Dan said. Tony was about to do the same, until he really looked at her.

Everything froze. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her. Her deep indigo coat with her ethereal mane blowing in an invisible breeze. She had the most beautiful face and her eyes, they were two lovely orbs of teal that seemed to glimmer in the light.

Then and there, Tony felt something unusual. He had experienced every kind of emotion, sadness, happiness, humility, embarassment, etc. But this was a new feeling. One he was sure he'd never felt before. It made his brain numb and his mouth close since he could not speak. It felt like… like…

Butterflies in my stomach.

Time resumed, and the lunar princess let out a sleepy yawn. "I'm glad to see you all," she said. She passed by Dan and gave him a small smile. "Good to see you, Daniel."

"Dan, Princess," he smiled. "And it's good to see you, now that we're not behind bars."

The two of them chuckled at his dark humor. Luna's gaze shifted over to the second biped, who was staring at her. The previous days events replayed in her mind, and the small hint of embarrassment from before. She shook that away, and remembered he was still looking at her.

"You were the one who broke through the ceiling, are you not?" she smiled. He was at a loss for words, and just from a smile!

The Nedafan'et (hell's) wrong with me?

"Uh… yeah," he mumbled. "M-my name's Tony. You're Princess Luna, I assume?"

"Yes," was all she said.

Dan knew right off the bat something was up. Never, ever had he heard Tony stutter. Ever. He noticed Luna had some bandages around her wings. The rock really did a number on them.

"How are your wings holding up, Luna?" he asked.

She sighed and tried to move them. "They aren't too injured, or so the doctor informed me. Though he still advised I allow them to rest," she said.

"A rock fell on you," Dan chuckled. "I don't think even magic could help something like that." Luna rolled her eyes a bit.

"Exactly as the doctor worded it," Luna sighed. "It's much too tedious to just sit in bed all night." Some of them laughed a little, but Tony could only keep staring.

"Now that everypony's here, let's eat," Celestia announced.

"Don't stuff yourself this time, kid," Dan pointed accusingly. Tony rolled his eyes and chuckled.

Like before, the waiters came in, Tony's smiling to see him. "Glad to see you're still here, sir," he nodded. "The chefs had to order another load of lettuce and tomatoes after your meal."

"Sorry about that," Tony grinned sheepishly. "I'll keep it down to one plate this time." They both chuckled a little.

"Here you are," he levitated a menu to him.

Tony scanned through the choices, narrowing Dan to three choices. "Which do you prefer: carrot delight, tomato and pasta blend, or green mash?"

"We haven't any tomatoes," he joked. "But I hear green mash is a well renowned dish."

"Then green mash it is," Tony handed him the menu. "I'm Anthony. Tony will be fine." He held out his hand, which the waiter shook.

"Good to meet you, Tony. My name is Swift," he said. "On account of how quick I can be."

Dan overheard, and he stifled a laugh, putting a hand over his mouth quickly. His near-outburst still made Tony think the same.

Don't say it.

Swift left along with the other waiters. Everypony began having their own conversations again while they waited. He overheard something about a griffon named Gilda from Pinkie and somepony called Fancy Pants from Rarity. He sat in silence, just listening in to what the others were saying. He laughed as Dan swapped joke's with Rainbow, some new, some old but funny nonetheless. It was what he really liked about him.

Beside him, Rarity stopped talking to Fluttershy every now and again to keep glaring at Blueblood. The unicorn looked like she was ready to rip his head off, and the other just stared scornfully. He wasn't one to judge, but Rarity seemed just a bit angry with him. Whenever Blueblood wasn't staring him, Dan, or Rarity down he was fiddling with his spoon. He obviously didn't want to be here.

"So what's the awesomest thing you've ever done?" Rainbow said challengingly.

"Pfft. That's easy. Me and kid saved Earth," Dan said cooly. The ponies stopped their individual conversations to listen.

"From what?" Rainbow asked doubtfully.

"The mutts in the tunnels, but about seventeen million times as many," Dan smirked. "Yep. Beat their asses good, too. Right, Tony?"

"Yeah," Tony said.

"You guys wanna hear it?" Dan asked aloud to the table.

They nodded their heads, Luna and Celestia taking more interest. Then, Dan chuckled nervously.

"Actually… Tony's gonna have to fill you guys in on it," Dan said, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "I kinda got knocked out, so I don't remember much. But we DID save the world!"

All eyes were on Tony. He had to word this as carefully as he could. He couldn't give away any information about Loki'irians or Nyla. She helped, just as much as any of them. Even if she was an adolescent, she had just as much fire in her heart as him.

"Okay… so this is what happened."

PreviousChapters Next