• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 20,446 Views, 534 Comments

To Call the Moon My Own - That_Random_Pony



It's funny learning how easy it is to lose everything. But it's even funnier to learn how easy it can be to replace what was lost.

  • ...
62
 534
 20,446

PreviousChapters Next
Plans

There was one heavily guarded area in the entire castle. Guards were posted at every corner and between every column of marble. The only other place guarded this heavily was Celestia's chambers itself. Only the best of the best were placed in that area, and for one thing only. They were to give their lives, fight to the last to make sure that one thing remained safe.

The Elements of Harmony.

No pony had ever tried to get past the guards. Even during the changeling invasion the ponies fought bravely to keep the magical artifacts safe. If the guards were to fall there would still be the spell only Celestia could undo to reach them. With Discord behaving he wouldn't steal them. So that only left two beings able to open the vault. The first was Celestia herself, being the spell's caster.

The second, was standing right in front of that vault.

The entire hall, from door to vault, was filled with unconscious Solar Guards. None of them were hurt in the slightest. Rather, they were asleep. In front of the vault stood the hooded figure, with a strange empty vial. He didn't try to force it open, no that would only alert Celestia. The area was rarely checked on, given the number of ponies guarding it, so he had time.

Raising an arm the hooded figure gently tugged on the door with an invisible grip. It didn't budge an inch. What surprised him the most was the fact that his rite didn't activate the alarm. But that was only a mere pull. The solar princess would surely be alerted if he put more force into it.

The hooded figure snorted in annoyance. No doubt the spell would be above all things, so a small distraction wouldn't work as it did with Netu'ung. There would have to be a dire situation in order for him to break the seal and do what must be done. He only had a pack of soldiers and a dozen or so scouts that survived the blast. And there was an Alpha, and Alpha who had long lost his value to him.

It all came together. A pack and a dozen scouts, plus an Alpha. They would surely be defeated, maybe even killed should Reku'un sense their presence. It would be a mere setback, the queens were due in a month or so.

" Huh, wha?". The groaning came from one of the waking guards. The hooded figure stealthily leaped to the ceiling and crawled out of the room.

The guard stood back up and saw the sleeping ponies. " On your hooves!", he shouted. The stallions jumped up and stumbled as they shook off the drowsiness. " You're lucky Celestia wasn't here to see this!".

" But sir, weren't you asleep too?", one of the stallions questioned.

The commanding officer thought about it, then ordered," Just get back in formation and never speak of this".

Outside, after avoiding several other guards and servant ponies, the hooded figure regrouped with the Alpha as usual. No pony ever looked on top of the towers, making it an excellent rally point so far. As usual, the Alpha bowed with the Loki'irian boy.

" Jra lekov (My master)", he bowed.

The hooded figure smiled evilly at the respect he was getting from his soon to be betrayed ally. He turned to the boy and repeated what he had said so many times. " Take us back".

This time however, the boy did nothing. Instead, he looked up to the figure with rage and hate in his eyes. " Why are you doing this? Was Loki'ir not enough?", the boy seethed.

The hooded figure chuckled at the boy trying to look intimidating. " That is for me to know boy", he smiled twistedly. " And I have my reasons, mind you. Now take us back, before I give the scouts Yurotel for play time".

The boy needed no more words to make them disappear from the tower. Like every other time they were transported to a dim, damp tunnel. The Alpha strapped on a brace that supressed the Signa's rites and dragged him back to the secret prison area. The hooded figure on the other hand went in a different direction. He stepped into a brighter lit room and shut the door behind him.

He looked at the wrist locator and punched in a few codes. A few beeps and a small projection appeared in front of him. It was the camera view of one of the locators he had put on the royal ponies. There was one more to go, but that could wait. The screen showed Reku'un, he was speaking to the lunar princess as of now. It was amusing at how the boy was confused with his new feelings, but then again he had never experienced them.

Perfect. A few more things to be done and we will see the Doshu'um once more

He switched it back off and went to plan out their means of attack. The soldiers, scouts, and Alpha were to get in quickly and reach the castle. There was one way to do that without going through the entire city.



Tony was a bit more happier than he was two days ago. Mostly because yesterday he had to deal with Dan's slight hangover, and now he was free from the moaning and groaning. Another thing to be happy about was that the ponies were more friendly than they were a few days ago. He didn't talk much to them, but it was nice to know they weren't afraid of him anymore. And to top it off, he hadn't gotten any scars or memories.

Now he was walking through Ponyville to get to Fluttershy's cottage. He had promised in Canterlot he would teach her about the Kital songs. She had asked yesterday if he could teach her in the afternoon. And that's why he was crossing the small bridge to Fluttershy's cottage. He knocked on the door a few times and almost instantly it opened.

" Hey Flutter-uh, who are you little guy?", Tony asked the small bunny standing at the door. The bunny made a few motions with his paws then chittered a bit. " Uh, is Fluttershy here?".

The bunny nodded and made the same hand motions again. Tony still couldn't understand what the bunny was saying. It kept pointing at him at the end of the motions. The bunny facepalmed and hopped inside. Tony stepped in and saw an incredible amount of animals. Birds, a few bunnies, a beaver even, a duck, a cat and dog, but no Fluttershy.

" Fluttershy?", he called.

" Tony?", Fluttershy's voice called from outside. He stepped over and around the animals scurrying around her home as he made his way to the back of her house. She was in her backyard sitting, or waiting for him.

" Ready?", he asked.

" Ready", she nodded. " What's the name of this song anyway?".

" Well, there's a lot of songs with different names", he said while sitting across from her. " But they're called Kital songs". He plucked a blade of grass and turned it into the instrument.

" Kital songs", Fluttershy repeated. " Are they hard?".

Tony blew into the grass, getting a drawn out low note. " Kinda. It took me two years to finally fold it right, but playing it shouldn't be too challenging. You just need to practice". He handed the grass to her and she took it in her hoof.

" How do I play it?", she questioned. Tony chuckled, since he forgot to tell her how to get different notes.

" First you have to press it against your lips", he began. " Then you blow softly into it. Don't blow too hard or it'll fly away". She put the grass to her mouth and blew as softly as she could, getting the same low note. " Now if you want a high note you have to put very little of it against your lips. If you want a low note you press most of it against your lips. But never put it flat against your mouth".

" Why not?", Fluttershy questioned.

" Try it", Tony said. Fluttershy pressed it flat against her mouth and blew. The result was the grass flapping and making a "pbbbbbbbbbt" sound. " You won't get any music like that".

" Okay", Fluttershy smiled. " So how do you play the songs?".

" Okay, we'll start with a song that should be simple enough". He plucked more grass and folded it. " Try and repeat this".

He blew two high notes with a pause between then a drawn out low note. Fluttershy got the first right but "pbbt" on the low note by mistake. She blushed with embarrasment and looked at the ground.

" I'm sorry", she mumbled.

" Don't be", Tony smiled. " C'mon, this takes practice. I'm not expecting you to do this in one day".

She lifted her head back up with a soft smile. " Okay", she smiled.

" And for the record, I 'pbbt' on the first note on my first try", he smiled. Fluttershy giggled a little and pressed the gras back to her lips.

This time Tony played with her. She fixed her mistake and got the last note correct. Then Tony went onto the second part of the song. Two drawn out high notes, then a quick low, quick high, and back to low. She "pbbt" on the quick low, messing up Tony so he "pbbt" on the quick high. They laughed as he tried to play on like it didn't happen.

The time went by as Tony got to the third and fourth parts of the Kital song. Of course there were many a "pbbt" from Fluttershy and some from Tony as he kept himself from laughing. By the end she seemed to get the hang of it, but the song all at once was still a bit complicated. As she finished her third attempt at getting it right, Tony realized something.

" Hey Fluttershy". The butter pegasus looked up to him. " How are you gonna fold it so you can play?".

" Well, maybe I could use my wings", she brought them around. She plucked a piece of grass with her teeth and her wings got a hold of it. " Maybe you could show me some other time? It's getting late and I don't want you to go through the trouble".

Tony nodded and smiled. " Its no problem at all Fluttershy. Just come to me whenever you want me to show you", he smiled. " And practice that song whenever you can. Then we can move on to the better ones".

" Okay", she smiled. " See you later". Tony nodded again and walked around the cottage, but stopped when the bunny from before motioned to him from the window.

This time however he was holding a sign. Scribbled on was:

Next time ask before you come in

Tony raised a brow and chuckled a bit as the bunny glared at him. He walked back into town and headed for Dan's new job. Tony wasn't the least bit surprised when he found out Dan got a job. Even less when he found out where exactly he got a job. Another block later and he could see it, Club Remix.

And it was run by the local DJ, DJ-P0n3. It was a simple two story building. There was a velvet rope blocking access inside and several strobe lights were positioned at the entrance. It was still day time so they were off, and Dan said this would only be a orientation. He didn't get why there was a balcony, but there was probably a second floor given its size.

A large brown stallion with a black mane stepped in front of the door as he came closer. It was nice to see they weren't afraid anymore, said the the back of his mind.

" Club's closed", the stallion said. " Come back tomorrow".

" I'm just here for a friend", Tony calmly replied. " Dan, just waiting for him".

The door opened as the same human came out. " Sup kid! Its fine Strong", he motioned to the earth pony. " Strong Spirit this is Tony, Tony Strong Spirit".

Tony bumped his fist against Strong's hoof. " Sorry about that. Can't be too careful right?", he chuckled.

" Think like that and you'll be Tony", Dan joked. Tony rolled his eyes and laughed. " See ya tomorrow night Strong. And tell Vinyl I said thanks".

" Sure thing", he nodded.

Tony walked with Dan by his side. He was looking through a small booklet. " What's that?".

" V's club schedule", he said. " So Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Shouldn't be too hard".

" No Sunday DJ?", Tony chuckled. Dan laughed too, since he used to DJ on Sunday.

" Nah. Vinyl said Sunday would be the day she rests", he sighed with fake sadness. " But we can always do it at the library right?".

" Let's not get ahead of ourselves", Tony said. Dan chuckled and kept on with Tony.

As Dan read through the list he was also thinking. When he found out Tony walked out of the party he wasn't angry, but he just felt bad for him. Even he should have known Tony wasn't one for parties, especially a big one like that. The Gala wouldn't be the same since it was supposed to be filled with orchestral music and upper class ponies. Even though it was boring, or from what Spike told him, it would have been a nice start for Tony.

Still, getting him accustomed to parties would be pointless. Once they got back to Earth Tony would go back to what he did. Finding the rest of the Signa so he could kill Rody. No parties or nothing would be between him and that goal. The more he thought about it, the more alternatives came to mind. Like if they couldn't find a spell that brought them back. Or if only one of them could go. Which would only help support his idea to Tony.

" Dan?", Tony asked for the sixth time. " You're acting like me when I read a book. What's up?".

" Nothin', just trying to remember the names of everypony working at the club", he sighed. " We're here".

Twilight gave them a copy of her key so whenever she wasn't home they could get in. Tony opened the door and stepped in, Dan closing the door behind him. The purple unicorn was sitting on the couch with her head in a book while Spike reshelved some she read already.

" Hey Twi", Dan said. The bookworm only nodded as he passed by. Dan came closer and looked at the book she was reading. " 'Daring Do and the Emerald Sphinx'. Sounds like Indiana Jones".

" It is", Tony said. " Read it yesterday. It's actually pretty good".

" Shh! Don't spoil it!", Twilight hushed.

Dan groaned as he left to the kitchen to find something to eat. " So Twi, know what we're havin' for dinner yet?".

Spike burst out laughing, to which Twilight glared harshly at. " Sorry, but Twi couldn't cook if Celestia came!", he chuckled.

" Hey, she can't be that bad", Tony chuckled. Spike's face went dead serious when he said this.

" One time in Canterlot, they had to get everypony out of the building when she tried to make scrambled eggs". Even Dan started laughing in the kitchen.

" Well there's always mishaps", Tony chuckled. Twilight put a bookmark in the novel and levitated it back to its shelf.

" I could make something", Dan said as he stepped back in with an apple. " I know how to cook. Sort of. My girlfriend Diane showed me how to make some stuff with greens".

" Well if you want to", Twilight said. " What are you gonna make?".

Dan went back into the kitchen and looked through what she had. Basic vegetables and some bread and fruits. Nothing too big, but he could make all sorts of things with it.

" Just wait", Dan called. " I'll have something done in a while".

A while later...

" This looks delicious!", Twilight exclaimed. Dan tried to copy what Diane had done for him once.

Steaming mashed potatoes with baked carrots and some garlic. To go with it, a salad made of more diced carrots, peas, pickles, and boiled eggs. The four of them sat down to enjoy the meal Dan made.

" This is great!", Spike commented. " You could be a chef with this kinda food!".

" You could", Twilight said as she gulped down another mouthful. " You could ask Dish Platter for some tips".

Dan snickered a little at the name. " Nah, already got a job", he said. " And it pays good money at least".

" How much you getting paid anyways?", Tony questioned.

" Uh". He swallowed his mouthful so he didn't spit all over. " I think one fifth of the earnings. Its just me, Strong, Vinyl, Silver, and Flare".

Tony recognized the first two, but not the last. " Silver and Flare?", Tony questioned.

" Silver Spirit and Flare Runner", Dan elaborated.

" Wait, I take it Silver and Strong are brothers?". Dan nodded. " And Flare Runner is?".

" This pink and yellow pegasus mare. She works behind the counter and Silver does lighting and collects the bits from clubbers". Dan scooped another spoonful. " You saw Strong working bouncer, Silver isn't big like him".

" So what about you Tony?", Twilight asked. " Think you might get a job?".

Tony sat back as he thought. " I don't know. Are there any jobs out even?". Spike choked on his food when he tried to shout something.

" Are you alright?!", Twilight panicked. Spike drank his water greedily and gasped for air. " What is it?".

" I thought maybe Applejack could use some help on the farm", he said. " Tony's huge! He could help Applejack a ton of ways on the farm!".

Tony thought about it along with the others. " Well you are pretty big", Twilight commented.

" And strong as hell", Dan laughed. " You could definitely help around on the farm. Just gotta heal a bit more".

Twilight knew what he was talking about. She shuddered as she remembered Netu'ung bashing Tony's face in. Spike on the other hand was in the dark.

" Heal? Heal what? Were you hurt?", Spike questioned.

They hadn't told the young dragon about what happened. Not until now. " Princess Luna was ponynapped some time ago", Twilight began. " That's why I didn't come home when I said I would".

Spike stood up in his seat. " Ponynapped! Luna! Is she alright?!", he quickly asked.

" Yes, she's fine now. Dan and Tony here helped us rescue them", she gestured to the two. " We couldn't've found her if it wasn't for Tony. But he got hurt before we got her back".

" That's good to hear", Spike sighed as he sat back down. " But you look fine".

Tony rubbed his stomach under the table. " Yeah, but I just need rest", he admitted. " But anyways, I think I can help Applejack. If I'm feeling good enough it could be tomorrow".

" Attaboy!", Dan cheered. " So finish up kid! Need to get up nice and early tomorrow".

Tony, Spike, and Twilight finished up and went to bed early. If any of them bothered to glance at the window they would have seen a dark blue unicorn with a black mane. He smirked as he watched the taller biped look to the door then continue to his room. They would be seeing each other very soon.

Author's Note:

Yeah, just keeping everyone calm. For now at least. This got quite a few dislikes while I slept, I hope these next few chapters outweigh it. But let's keep this streak up, WOO!

PreviousChapters Next