• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 20,418 Views, 534 Comments

To Call the Moon My Own - That_Random_Pony



It's funny learning how easy it is to lose everything. But it's even funnier to learn how easy it can be to replace what was lost.

  • ...
62
 534
 20,418

PreviousChapters Next
First Engagement

Author's Note:

WOW, what a break. I'd like to apologize to anyone who's still here for that enormous lull. Life's been throwing curves, I've been busy, and stuff was crazy. Not sure when I'll have the next chap out, BUT IT WON'T HAVE A GAP LIKE THIS!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy!

Donut Joe's Donut Shop


"Here ya go," Joe said as he handed two stallions their orders. "Anything else you need?"

"We're fine, thank you," the older stallion said with a smile. Joe returned the gesture before heading back into the kitchen. "So... from what I hear, you're close to formulating his route. Anything particularly interesting?"

Mirror sipped some of his coffee, then sat up and grinned. "He's suspicious, that much is certain," he chuckled, pushing his plate of donuts to the side. "I'm not sure we can keep this charade up much longer. And you know of the events in Canterlot, not too long ago. His abilities can overwhelm us."

His superior breathed deeply, then took a slow swig of his own drink. The stallion turned to look into the street, smiling as he watched families and couples pass by. Mirror kept silent, though his patience was running thin at this point. He glanced outside as well, vaguely interested in what was going on. Until a duo of colts came galloping through the crowds. A faint grin hung at the side of his mouth, watching as the elder colt scolded his sibling. The younger brother lowered his head, and his sibling lifted his head back up to give him a reassuring smile.

"Have any brothers?" Mirror glanced at the old stallion and shook his head. "Seem awfully in touch with them. How many did you have?"

Raising a brow, Mirror leaned back in his seat and placed his hooves on the table. "Father Cue, I don't believe we came here to discuss my family," he said, keeping his voice as level as possible. "The operation commences in less than a month's time and we need to finalize any and all precautions."

Cue gave a pouting frown and laughed. "Oh, but it is partially to do with you, isn't it?" he smiled. Mirror stared at him with an emotionless gaze, thinking back to what could he possibly know.

"And why is that?" Mirror finally questioned. Cue once again exhaled and leaned against the window.

"You aren't bright, are you?" The All-Father's remark caused Mirror to furrow his brow. "You happened to hear about our organization, passed each of our trials with varying results, and became a part of us within half the time it usually takes for somepony like you to join."

He could see that Cue wasn't in the slightest bit aggravated, or resentful. There was... amusement in his expression. Childish wonder that slowly began to resemble maniacal curiosity. From what Mirror knew about this All-Father, he was a cold and educated stallion. He held a degree in both sciences and magic arts of all sorts. Not to mention he was a retired diplomat from Celestia's own council.

Meeting him was supposed to be for their greatest and fast-approaching hit. It was Cue that had managed to create the crystalline armaments for the strike, and he also explained how to use them without any harm coming to its owner. This stallion was brilliant, no doubt about that. But what made him worthy of being an All-Father?

Before meeting the unicorn scientist, Mirror would have assumed he was bulky and intelligent. That wasn't the case. He was as fit as any other unicorn noble. The reason became obvious when he looked the stallion in the eye. Others would be put off; no pony would fix gazes with him willingly. His acuteness to Mirror's own persona was what made Mirror understand who he was dealing with.

An extremely rich, clever, sociopath.

"You're good at hiding what you need to," Cue stated, leaning forward. "Your records aren't even liable, you know. Mirror Crescent passed away 180 years ago."

The stallions laughed quietly, and Mirror shrugged. "No pony ever checks the records in our line of work. Why worry?"

Cue shook his head softly and leaned back. "It will be gratifying when I know you better than you yourself," he commented bleakly. "Now then, the Cardinals are as light and aerodynamic as regular arrows, so no need to change measurements. They won't drain as much as a nature-fresh chunk, but I shaped it to mimic its natural pattern. Make sure you put all four in it, or else the effects won't be significant."

Mirror nudged the case of munitions towards his seat, glancing at the bright red arrows. “Why ‘Cardinals’?”

“They’re red, and I enjoy watching cardinals pass through my estate. I’m sure you can put two and two together.” Mirror nodded, then sealed the case and moved out from their booth. “Mirror.” He kept still, looking down to the All-Father and waiting for him to speak. Cue’s lips slowly curled into a grin, and he gazed at his inferior with a fiery and psychotic eagerness. “Make sure you stay alive. It would be a shame if I had to learn about a dead stallion.”

The case levitated onto Mirror’s back, and he returned the chilling grin with a smirk of his own. “You can’t learn about somepony that doesn’t exist.”

The old man let out a light chortle and looked out the window. “Touché.”

He watched him leave the shop then disappear into a crowd. Cue couldn’t help but laugh quietly, remembering his glory days. “You paying for him, Cue?” Joe asked, eyeing the untouched plate across from his regular.

“Of course, Joe. You know how I can be.” Joe smiled and took the bits from him, then gave one last nod before heading over to another booth.

Several blocks down, Mirror grunted as he felt his strength being sapped. In a quick flash, he transported himself back to the HQ near his target. He was surprised to see Bush waiting for him, solemnly fiddling with a knife from the rack beside him. Mirror watched as he stabbed it into the wall and stood up, dropping a saddlebag onto the ground. Inside, dozens of gemstones had been collected, their cores teeming with a dark mist. Mirror could feel the dark magic contained inside, its signature similar to its alter-ego. He refrained from showing any emotion, other than surprise.

"How-"

"This is what magic restraints are made of," Bush quickly explained, his sarcasm and cool gone in his tone. "You feel it as much as I can. Her magic is still lingering - and too much of it. She's feeding off a powerful source, and it's close."

"So can we move ahead?" Mirror questioned. Bush teleported a scroll and slipped two of the tainted stones inside.

"Take this to Manehatten immediately. Go to the Pint for Pint Inn. Show this to the owner, and she'll know what to do," he explained, swiftly grabbing his bag as Mirror used his magic to grab the scroll. "Whatever you do, don't touch the gems."

Bush hurried out, heading to his personal quarters while Mirror stayed in his room. Sighing to himself, he took a saddlebag and made his way out of the hideout, passing through the pub and back into the town. It was night again, which made Mirror contemplate how long he'd gone without sleep. He glanced over to Sugarcube Corner, peering past the other ponies and watching the biped talking to the Element of Laughter. He smirked once again, then continued on his way until he reached the train station.

The wait was long, but soon enough he could see a private train coming from the tracks to Canterlot. The brakes screeching clawed at his ears, but he gritted his teeth and waited for it to stop. He took a step back as the conductor leaned out from the side of the front car and tipped his hat. Mirror nodded and climbed on, the door sliding shut behind him. Steam hissed out of the sides of the train as it started up again, speeding down the tracks towards Manehatten. Mirror pulled the scroll he was delivering out of his saddlebag and set it down on his lap. He cautiously reached into it and touched the gem, pulling it out to look at.

The dark magic within it slowly dissipated as it was absorbed into his hoof. Mirror inhaled deeply, feeling it claw at his mind as it attempted to influence him. It was a feeble attempt, and he used his own magic to keep the presence contained.

My my, who are you?

He could hear her. A mare of horrible dreams and darkness eternal. She represented everything hateful, vengeful, and cruel. And now, she was in his head.

Ooh, such a talented unicorn. And a stallion, as well. If only I could take my regular form.

You're the Nightmare, yes?

The one and only. And who are you, stallion?

Mirror Crescent.

Hmm... you lie.

Of course. I've lied to everypony I've met. What makes you believe I don't consider you as I do the rest?

He felt a small spasm in her signature in his mind, and her voice expressed her attitude.

I made ponies like you bow like worms. Hold your tongue to those you are beneath.

You can only do so with a body. For now, you are just an entity in my mind.

Which is why I require yours. Don't make this any more difficult than it already is. You'll hurt yourself.

Actually, I wanted to make a deal.

Oh? And what could you possibly offer me over your body and access to resources from your "organization"?

I can offer you a chance to make more than Equestria your kingdom.

And how would a lowly unicorn such as yourself do that?

Take a glance into my mind. See what interests you.

Mirror released the spell keeping the presence in place, then braced himself as it took control. His life began to replay, turning back as Nightmare analyzed every moment, until she was stopped at a certain memory. A strange and vicious looking biped, surrounded by bipedal wolves, stood over her alter-ego's prone form, roaring at their attackers.

Oh... and who's this?

One you will need to defeat if you want to rule. And those monsters will bow to you. Trillions of them. An ever growing army at your disposal.

...

Are you interested, now?

...

...

Tell me more about these creatures. Especially the one over my precious Luna.

A malicious smile graced his lips, and his eyes blackened.


Drigont, Carrier Class Warship


"Easy, Malshuom. You must learn how to control your Rites," Figanti called. At the other side of the room, Malshuom stood beneath a massive stone slab falling onto him.

The gravity had been tuned to mimic old Loki'ir's gravity, which was alien and overwhelming to the Doshu'um still. His strength had kept him from being squashed, but now Figanti was adding more weight, slab upon slab falling onto the growing pile above Malshuom. He grunted in pain as his arms strained to support it all, but he was forced to a knee as his power diminished.

"This... is... a bit... much... F-Figanti!" Malshuom yelled, refusing to get out from under the stone.

The League member sighed and stepped forward, getting onto a knee to be level with his apprentice. "You were able to change through adrenaline fueled outbursts, but now you need to learn how to summon your power through will," he told him. Malshuom understood what the needle in his chest was for, now.

He laughed weakly, then took a deep breath and did his best to raise his energy. There was a tingling sensation as his flesh converted into stone, his chest parting grotesquely as a small sphere of his purple energy began to flicker into life. It flared suddenly, then blinked as it struggled to maintain itself. Simultaneously, his stone body began to revert to skin, creating a moving border between his flesh and second form. Malshuom persisted in peaking his energy levels, gradually lifting the stone higher and higher. He inhaled slowly, sliding his feet into a stable position and getting his hands into a better grasping angle.

The sphere at the center of his chest flared brilliantly, and Malshuom roared as he pushed the stone upwards. He gasped as his feet left the ground, sending him with the weight. It crashed back into the ceiling, unexpectedly, and Malshuom grunted as he hit it and bounced back. There was a short drop before he crashed back into the dirt, creating a small mold of himself. His abilities receded, and he groaned in a daze as he sat up. Figanti offered him a hand, smiling proudly at the warrior.

"It's not as easy as it seems," Malshuom chuckled, shaking his head as he took his teacher's hand. Figanti pulled him onto his feet and brushed off some of the dirt. "How was I?"

"You were... exceptional," Figanti said. He showed him his own arm, where a small piece of stone lingered. "You're nearly there. You just need to control it, whether you need to use it or not."

It took a moment of concentration for him to absorb the pebble-sized chunk. After that, he and Figanti went back into the ship's exterior, walking towards the entrance to the forest. They stepped aside as a squadron of Signa marched past, each bowing to the two in respect. Malshuom glanced to the window, looking out into the stars once more. When they didn't stop like usual, Malshuom rose a brow and turned to his mentor.

"Where are we going?" He was met with silence, Figanti making no attempt at answering.

They walked on, venturing lower and lower into the ship's facilities. They passed through the power room, weapons array, docking bay, the engine room, but stopped in the life support room. There were meters and dials regulating the ship's natural gases and water supply for the forest and those living there. Figanti held out a hand, stopping Malshuom, and gestured to a large cylinder at the back of the room.

"You're late." Malshuom turned to see Portok, Quarek, and Renkan walking over to them. "He's about to wake."

"Good. The sooner he's up, the quicker we'll be able to train them," Figanti laughed, turning to his disciple. "You're probably wondering what we are doing down here, yes?"

"Without an explanation, why wouldn't it be?" Malshuom said.

Quarek chuckled and moved over to the device, a panel illuminating his face as he typed in different keys on the board. There was a flicker of light from inside the pod, and an outline became visible as light poured out from inside. With another command, it opened several vents on its sides, letting out a cool mist that chilled all present. It took several minutes of waiting before there was a thud from inside, then the sound of gasping reached their ears.

“Dura dot! Dura dot! (Open it! Open it!)” a man yelled. Malshuom was perplexed, understanding now that the machine had been holding whoever inside of it was.

“Tanaska evosh ira naka (Stop being so soft)” Quarek laughed, along with the other Signa present. The door to the pod hissed before falling out of place, and a man followed after.

Figanti and Portok went over to help him onto his feet, while Renkan placed a hand on his head. "Jro'ak ket inishivao, ök ruto (You're not damaged, at least)" she remarked, looking into his eyes inquisitively.

"Hrök'it ut niti? Grak hraak'it burat el? (Who's this welp? And what's going on?)" he questioned, his voice raspy.

Figanti gestured to him with a hand, and looked to Malshuom. "This is Doban Uruza. He trained the strongest Signa during our life on Loki'ir." He then waved his hand to him, and turned to Doban. "Urit, dot Doshu'um Malshuom (This, is Doshu'um Malshuom)"

Doban cocked a brow and stepped over to him, sniffing as he circled the newest Doshu'um and examined him. "Elsh'it feraz. Ina nandamo dit jeja. Peb jro barek elsh ezek evnatka quzukha (He's weak. Ina connection is faint. But you feel he can become stronger)" Doban grunted. The League members nodded, and Doban sighed through his nose as he got down and bowed, placing a knuckle on the ground. "Jra ill ök jro courza, Doshu'um Malshuom (I am at your service, Doshu'um Malshuom)"

Malshuom relaxed and moved over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Jro bik'et meesh ot ev ira dansha (You don't need to be so formal)" he said.

Doban chuckled as he stood back up, nodding to his newest leader. He held a thoughtful expression, then turned to Figanti. "Grak Reku'un? Hriik dit ut mijor betah? (And Reku’un? Where is the little runt?)"

The others glanced to one another, sharing unsure glances until Portok exhaled softly. "Elsh'it egosniga erit jre. Ik dit ut Iikro grak dotit manoloq (He's waiting for us. As is the Iikro and its brethren)"

The news seemed to worry him, but he steeled himself and turned to Figanti. "Hraak dit ut nitu? (What is the plan?)" Doban asked.

"Jre kerak jreat yorima jegash grak (We train our people once again)" Malshuom told him, laughing in embarrassment. "Jre grol zokot drega vora ut mak anshimet (We have grown apart from the old traditions)"

"Jegash jro kerak jri, jre'av miza el- (Once you train them, we'll focus on-)" Figanti was cut off as the ship's sensor array began beeping wildly.

VROOOOO

The ship lurched to the side, sending the Loki'irians to the floor, and an alarmed blared throughout the ship. "Hraak'it burat el?! (What's going on?!)" Malshuom shouted, running after the others as they bolted back the way they came.

"Arthanians!" Doban called back, panting by the time they reached the ship's exterior. "Jra meesh jra naza grak eyak! (I need my weapon and armor!)"

"Jra meesh ot dati! (You need to rest!)" Renkan yelled. They found their way into the bridge, then ran over to the side view of the ship.

"Jre grol ot lezeka duunzik. Ut jrielt el urit ara zek'et vyera jri deruto (We have to attack first. The others on this ship can't handle them inside)" Figanti said, running over to a gunner seat.

Malshuom stared at the trio of ships rushing towards them. Each looked as if metal had just been melded together frantically, along with cannons that jutted out from their sides. Yet they still hurtled towards them, approaching them without hesitation. Malshuom gasped as their ship swung around, moving the vessels out of sight.

"Malshuom, get to the docking bay. Binagish and Hinaktol will be there, now go!" Figanti ordered. The Doshu'um nodded and ran out of the room, while Figanti planted cords in his arms and looked at the holographic projection.

"We'll only be able to fend off two," Portok said from his seat, the panel creating a projection of the ships. "You know that."

"They will handle the third. Whatever happens do not let them near this ship!" Figanti snapped, taking aim at the nearest vessel. "Now send them back to their master!"


Malshuom dashed past rushing warriors, down into the docking bay. He ran across the room to Binagish and Hinaktol, a group of warriors gathered around them. The former spotted him as he came over, then tossed a cube over to him. Malshuom stopped as a small sphere broke away from it and scanned him, then the entire block whirred as cyan lines lit up. It opened up and transformed into a walking exoskeleton, then latched onto him.

"Urit dit Iko. Jrok trüt eyak (This is Iko. Your new armor)" Hinaktol told him, adjusting a warrior's spaulders. "Azu elsh qoza ot jrok sagah (Let him adjust to your body)"

He kept still as Iko beeped and chirped electronically. Malshuom cried out as a needle dug into the back of his neck, then other smaller ones did the same down his spine. The suit hummed softly, then small plates began to spread over his body, until he was fully suited. His helmet created a visor for him, displaying his body's status and his armor's condition.

"...urit dit (this is-)"

"Nra bira ot entava, jre meesh ot vezra! (No time to marvel, we need to board!)" Binagish barked, ushering the men onto the dropship.

Malshuom jumped on as well, his armor magnetizing to keep him upright. "Dege iru! Urit dot'et io veshge er i mamasha! Hraak jro bim verüzet jrok luga! (Listen up! This isn't an exercise or a simulation! What you do decides your fate!)" Hinaktol shouted, walking standing at the front of the warriors. "Düt jro udokar grak polto, jre'av fer jiju dot heak! Rak jre voso?! (If you obey and fight, we'll all make it back! Are we clear?!)"

"DRO, ITO! (YES, SIR!)"

Hinaktol placed a hand on Malshuom's shoulder. "You will stay near the ship with them and defend it. Binagish and I will sabotage their drive core, and we'll depart," he said, handing him a spear. "Only four of them are Signa, so you'll need to be wise. Ten minutes, at the longest."

"We can handle it. But hurry," Malshuom replied, grasping the spear and nodding. "How close are we?"

"30 seconds and closing!" Binagish bellowed. The ship lurched forward violently, but Binagish corrected it and cursed. "Figanti and Portok must be eager."

"You and I are impatient as well," Hinaktol laughed, a dark smile spreading across his face. "It's been so long since I've torn one in half."

"Prepare for impact!" Binagish shouted. Hinaktol placed his hand on a panel beside the boarding door and dialed in a code. There was a sharp jolt, then the sound of cannons firing. "BETOOOOOO! (DIEEEEEEE!)"

The sides of the ship flung upward, just as the magnetic locks released. Hinaktol jumped off, followed by the rest of the men. Malshuom watched an oncoming horde barreling towards them, jumping over fighters and dropships as they fired. Hinaktol raised his arms, gripping each of the ships in the massive room. The soldiers skidded to a halt as their ships hung in the air, and with a quick drop of his hands, they slammed back down. Some were lucky enough to dodge, or just weren't near it, while their brethren were smashed into the ground.

Binagish jumped out of the parked vessel and roared as energy gathered in his open mouth, then spewed out in one massive pulse. Any remaining soldiers were decimated by the explosions and pure energy, leaving a mess of debris and charred corpses. Malshuom gawked at the carnage that had been left by the two, but snapped out of it when he saw more soldiers pouring in from the numerous entrances.

"Go! We don't have much time!" Binagish grabbed his maces, and Hinaktol unsheathed his longsword, and they rushed towards the oncoming horde. "Signa det uuza, ut rest vizi ezutuk gerasaet! Shaka jri meka vora urit ara! (Signa in front, the rest take gunner positions! Keep them away from this ship!)"

"Dro, Doshu'um! (Yes, Doshu'um!)" they chanted. The four Signa spread out and readied their weapons, while the regulars all took cover behind any debris.

Malshuom stood at the center of the line of Signa, his blades crossed as he waited. The Signa readied themselves as well, growling as the soldiers roared and snarled as they rushed. Blasters let storms of laser fire loose on the oncoming horde, dropping them by the dozen. One Signa armed her bow and picked off any getting past the walls of fire, while another launched debris with his Rites. Malshuom could only wait with the other two Signa, one wielding an axe while the other waited with a scythe, until the horde got close enough.

That moment came sooner than expected, and it gave the warriors a glimpse of what was to come. Many soldiers that came were wounded, some missing limbs from the rifles of the regulars, but they went anyway. Even as they fell, their roars and growls didn't falter in the slightest. Their maws dripped with a feral foam, hungry for flesh and thirsty for blood. Malshuom had never seen them in person, and now that he had, he could come to one definitive conclusion.

They weren't monsters... they were demons.

"Grahhhhh!" Malshuom rushed forward to meet them, his Signa comrades following after.

His blades cut through flesh, and he recovered swiftly, slashing back and forth as they threw themselves at him. The others attacked just as quickly, keeping up with the massive number of soldiers clawing their way to them. Bodies piled to their sides as more came, the Signa deflecting attacks and sending their own into incoming soldiers. Blood splattered with every addition to the growing massacre, the Signa grunting with every attack. Malshuom stabbed a blade into one's head and swung it around to knock them back, then spun towards them and slashed vehemently.

"Malshuom!" a regular said into their voice channel, "Nigitet! Jri'ak ishent vora jrok uuza! (Scouts! They're coming from your front!)"

He jumped up above the horde, looking down to find the smaller Arthanians bounding between their mutant kin. Collecting energy in his fists, Malshuom spread his arms and funneled energy into two massive orbs. Condensing them tightly, he pulled an arm back and flung it into their lines, then threw the other to the side. Both exploded, annihilating anything in their radius and sending others flying from its force. The Signa to his right extended his arms, and his armor opened along his forearms and hands. The man's hands were burning green flames, and with a shout, a stream of fire shot into the oncoming horde.

"Rak jro fer ferut (Are you all alright?)"

"Jre'ak deda, peb zezin! Jri'ak nakkad milchat! (We're fine, but hurry! They're getting closer!)" Malshuom replied, parrying a duo of soldiers before slashing into their chests. "Jre zek'et ikan nuru vazg urit! (We can't hold out like this!)"

He peered to the side as one of the Signa's screams reached his ears. A trio of scouts clung to his body as more came, replacing the ones he threw off. His armor opened circular ports in varying places, just as earthen pikes shot out and pierced each of the scouts. Malshuom ordered the regulars to focus their fire where he was standing while he ran over to help. He slid beside him and darted forward, slashing away with him as the soldiers came nonstop.

Zink!

There was a loud thud, along with the sound of a shot ricocheting off the ship, followed by similar sounds. More thuds, and Malshuom felt five more signatures disappear. "Vizi eshat! (Take cover!)"

"Jre unt'et ev enka et eshat jro! (We won't be able to cover you!)" a regular retorted. His voice was cut off as he went to speak, and he fell limp against the ship.

"Vizi eshat, rai! (Take cover, now!)" Malshuom roared, sending a beam towards where the shots were coming from. "Signa, urit dot hriik jre takat jreateya! (Signa, this is where we prove ourselves!)"

They roared together, then formed up in a line and rushed into the horde. The soldiers met them eagerly, firing and swinging whatever weapon they held. Malshuom spun wildly, hitting other blades and clubs aside and slicing through their bodies. The others attacked with their Rites, attacking with energy to disperse their numbers. Slowly, their assault pushed the line back, giving the regulars closer cover to pick off any that the Signa couldn't.

Malshuom looked ahead as several explosions rocked the ship. Two massive signatures were rushing their way through the Arthanian lines, and soon Binagish jumped above them and landed behind Malshuom. Hinaktol teleported rapidly across the room until he appeared next to the other Signa. Yellow energy collected into his arms, and when he spread his arms a bubble of energy surrounded them.

"We're leaving! Come!" Hinaktol said, moving slowly towards the ship. "Binagish, ready the ship!"

He ran to the cockpit and started the engines, while the regulars all jumped aboard. The Signa held back with Hinaktol, moving with him as the horde slammed into his barrier and shot at it. Each hit caused the barrier to tremble, and Hinaktol grunted lowly.

"It's been too long... since... I've used this... thing..." he chuckled, continuing to back towards the ship.

"Come on!" Binagish shouted, turning the ship towards the breach in the hull.

One of the Signa stood in front of Hinaktol, then crossed his arms in front of himself. "El jra iji, vazek ut nojot grak zech! (On my word, lower the barrier and run!)" he said, his eyes glowing green.

Hinaktol nodded, waiting for the warrior to do something. He closed his eyes and surged more and more power into his pupils, then roared as he opened them and a flash of light blinded the pack in front of them.

"APO! (GO!)"

The bubble disappeared, and they turned and ran. Malshuom leaped on, catching a Signa as Hinaktol and two others jumped aboard. He waited for the final Signa to jump, but as he did, a soldier clung to his leg and another tackled him to the side. More began to jump onto the ship, and Malshuom knocked them off as they tried entering.

"Poro! Isha el! (Jump! Come on!)" Malshuom shouted, kicking another off.

The Signa cried out as a spear punctured his back, digging through his armor at last. He tossed the soldier to the side and pulled his blade out of a scout's body. "Apo! Nak nuru ot gret! (Go! Get out of here!)"

"Moir urit ara! Hinaktol, muri jra-! (Land this ship! Hinaktol, help me-!)"

"Jre zek'et! Jre jilt apo! (We can't! We must go!)" Binagish retorted, pulling the ship around.

Malshuom looked to the Signa fighting off an entire horde, and their eyes met. All the man could do, was nod. He gasped as a loud explosion rocked their dropship, and he closed the hatch and sat in one of the seats along the walls. The others strapped in as well, while Hinaktol pulled himself up into the co-pilot's seat.

"Hraak inamteta?! (What happened?!)" he yelled, holding onto a bar in the ceiling.

"Io mazanta'ik evvo yot! Jre unt'et ev ot farka dot erit huzo! (An engine's been hit! We won't be able to control it for long!)" Binagish replied, cursing viciously as he flew the ship out of the carrier.

Hinaktol grunted over the line, as he had pulled a spearhead out of his leg. "Surt ev demka erit i grumk initu lanko! (Just be ready for a harsh return home!)" he told them.

They felt a massive explosion nearly tip their vessel, Malshuom glanced outside to see the Arthanian carrier breaking into thousands of pieces. He heard the Signa woman across from him sniffle, and watched as she lowered her head and cried. The regulars looked distraught; one incoherently mumbled to himself, ignoring the hole in his shoulder as his armor filled it with a medical solution.

"Jre tezetra ut mentanas ora! (We're entering the emergency bay!)" Binagish said into his radio, pressing a button on his helmet for the visor to pull away. The humming of an engine died off completely, and he tried tilting the ship towards the opposite side to level out. "Dot'it nra nayat... jra zek'et... tuvek, NATOP NATOP NATOP! (It's no good... I can't... fuck, BRACE BRACE BRACE!)"

PreviousChapters Next