• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 20,447 Views, 534 Comments

To Call the Moon My Own - That_Random_Pony



It's funny learning how easy it is to lose everything. But it's even funnier to learn how easy it can be to replace what was lost.

  • ...
62
 534
 20,447

PreviousChapters Next
Good Ol' Times

Author's Note:

Just another revision. Hope you guys are still going!

"You don't have to do this, you know?" Tony said.


"I know. But then who'd be here to watch you?" Dan joked. Nyla roared underneath them, speaking mentally with her partner.

We've arrived. They're right under us.

Good job, Nyla. Ten minutes, that's it. If we're not back by then, just go.

Yes, Reku'un


Normally, Nyla would argue with him, but the fate of an entire planet was in their hands/claws. She knew Reku'un knew what he was doing. Arguing would just be pointless. The men clung to her back and she tucked in her wings, sending them into a nosedive directly towards their target.

It was impossible to miss, since it was the only structure in the middle of the desert. Nyla's crimson scales were blood red in the night, providing more cover. The speed at which she was falling was giving Dan second thoughts, but Tony had practiced this hundreds of times with her.


"On three!" Tony shouted. "One.....two.....three!"


The two of them let go of Nyla's back and went into their own dive bomb. Nyla pulled up and disappeared above the clouds. They slammed into the side of the building, accidentally breaking through the floors and landing at last. Dan, disoriented, lazily glanced around while Tony fought off the first few Arthanians.


"Get up!" Tony shouted as he picked him up. "Come on! We gotta move now!"

He changed into his second form, but it wasn't like his form in the future. The metals covered a minority of his body, and he didn't have the mouth and face metals. Even so, he was stronger than his regular body. Dan came to his senses and grabbed the shotgun from Tony.


They rushed through the building as they looked for a stairwell, while soldiers were filing down the stairs as they climbed. Tony slashed through them while Dan covered from behind. With the number of soldiers coming, they were making slow progress. Tony knew it was just the first wave. Dan, on the other hand, just kept firing away until he needed to reload. The stairs were cleared long enough for them to get to the next floor.


It was the same process for each set of stairs. Tony hacked his way through while Dan pumped his shotgun. They had reached the 17th floor by the time he ran out of shells, so he opted to turning it into a bat. The metal butt of the gun took one swing to knock them out, if he got them on the head that is. Tony pulled him up and pushed him ahead.

"Come on, go!" They rushed into the hall and made a mad dash for the next staircase.

Dan thought he tripped when he hit the stone floor. As he got on his hands and knees he was kicked onto his back, and a snarling soldier jumped on him. Before it could come down with its open maw, Dan pulled his left arm up. The soldier latched onto the metal gauntlet and flailed its head to try and rip it off, instead getting a few sparks and punches from Dan. Suddenly, it whined before being thrown off.


"You alright?" Tony asked as he pulled him back up. The teeth skinned his arm, but otherwise he was fine.


"I'm fine" There was another howl behind them, and they both turned to see a second wave of soldiers. "Shit shit shit! Run!"


"Awesome! What's a exoskele-whatever you said?"


"It's this suit kid made so I 'wouldn't get hurt.'"


"It was half done! I told you you didn't have to come."


"What were the both of you trying to accomplish?"


"Well, Luna, kid and I found out those mutts made a satellite to call back up. So we either let them come, or destroy it ourselves."


"What about local authorities? Or a military?"


"You're kidding, right? 'Oh, there's a bunch of alien wolves trying to call home for back up.' Come on, Celestia, ya think anyone who hasn't already seen one will believe that?"

"I see you're point."

"Anyways!"

The duo made it to the top floor at last. Tony slammed the doors shut and used Dan's empty shotgun to keep the doors closed. They made their way up to the roof, which was completely unguarded. The beacon they had come to destroy sat in the middle of the roof.


"So, you can mess it up enough to overload?" Tony questioned. The doors behind them began clanging, the soldiers' snarls audible.


"Yeah. Just make sure they don't get in," Dan said as he ran to it. Tony bashed the door back and pushed against the multiple Arthanians ramming the door.

While Tony kept them out, Dan was busy rearranging the wires. Arthanian technology wasn't that different from human tech. He crossed different power cords and rerouted coordinating plugs. The blue lit wires began to surge from the power concentration to one conduit. He heard Tony cry out, only making him work faster.

A spear head pierced Tony's stomach. He pulled it out of the grip of the soldier and stabbed it through the opening. The shotgun was starting to bend and crack with each body that hit the door. He glanced behind him to see Dan slapping his left forearm.


"Hurry up!" he shouted. Another soldier reached a paw into the growing opening and buried its claws into his shoulder.


As Tony cried out, Dan cursed as he tried connecting the remote switch to his exoskeleton. When the soldier bit his arm, it broke the wireless detonator that would destroy the beacon. The only way to do it now... was manually.

He gasped as the satellite began to turn on. He tried rerouting more power to the single conduit to disrupt the process, but it only sped it up.


"What are you doing?!" Tony shouted.


"The detonators broken! Get out of here! I'm blowing this place sky high!" Tony shouldered the door shut and ran to him.


"No! I'm not leaving you! I'll do it!" Dan took off his helmet and tossed it on the ground.

"Tony, you need to go. Please." Tony glanced at the charging beacon. He sighed and turned away from him. He called for Nyla through their connection, who landed on the roof shortly after.

"Kid.'" Tony turned to look at his friend. "Thanks for bringing me along for the ride."

Tony turned his back to him and balled his fists, letting out a shaky sigh. "I'm sorry," he whispered. With a swift push of his leg, he kicked Dan in the side of the head.

Dan crumpled to the ground.


"You what?! You told me a soldier got through!"


"Well, I wasn't gonna let you die!"


"Couldn't you have done something less violent?"


"Yeah, like not drop kicking me?!"


"Hey, I barely made it out, so imagine if you did it."


"..."

"Exactly."

Tony tossed Dan onto Nyla's back. He came close to her and she nuzzled him with her long snout.

He was ready to sacrfice himself. Why did you do that?

Because he still has a long life ahead of him. It's time we joined the rest of our kind with Minira. I'm going to end this, once and for all.

Nyla gently growled and let her partner hug her. She felt a stray tear leave him as he placed his head against hers, the Loki'irian tradition of warriors. It was a sign of eternal parting.

Farewell, Reku'un. May we meet with Minira in the gardens of Eden.

With a mighty flap of her wings, she took off. She zoomed away, becoming a blur in the night. The doors burst open, and dozens of soldiers poured in. Tony ran to the satellite and waited for them to surround him.


With a final grin, he shouted, "Save me a seat in Nedafan (hell), you furry bastards!"

He punched the power conduit, causing a chain reaction of explosions from the bottom to the top of the building. The beacon hummed, then blew up with a brilliant flash of white.


Their audience at the table was leaning in, fully enthralled with his tale. Dan was still frowning playfully at Tony's revelation, but in the end it all worked out.

"So. Awesome!" Rainbow shouted. "How big was the explosion?! It must have been huge!"


"Bigger than this castle, actually. The fall hurt too," he chuckled as he rubbed his neck.

"Your people must have been relieved," Celestia smiled.

"Not really," Dan chuckled sheepishly. "We couldn't tell anyone because, seriously, who would believe we saved the world? Humans don't really believe in aliens. Especially the politicians."

"Still, it was probably the best time we had together," Tony sighed, giving Dan a small grin. "Even if I had to knock you out."


Dan smiled evilly. "It's cool, 'cause now you owe me."


"The two of you sound just as barbaric as those wolves," Blueblood murmured.

"Hey, I'm as messed up as the next guy, but these things bring evil to a new level," Dan countered, crossing his arms behind his head.

"You both talk about it as if you enjoy the feeling of killing," Blueblood sneered. "You're no better than them."

"We 'enjoyed' kicking their asses and making sure they didn't hurt anyone," Dan retorted, a little annoyed.


"Unlike some ponies," Rarity scolded.


"Oh be quiet you!" he said. "You have about as much right as a mouse to speak after what you did at the Gala."

"Oh, I have no right?! You were acting like such a snobbish, poor excuse for stallion!" Rarity pointed her hoof at him.


"Let's settle down everypony! No need t' get all rile up 'bout-"


"Hush, peasant! I was addressing her not you."


"Peasant?! And who do you think you are, Mr. Snob Stallion?!" Rainbow shouted.

"And you too, stay out of this you tompony. I'm speaking to the abominations!" Blueblood shouted at her. Tony's eye twitched, and he took a deep breath.

Close the door. Close the door.


"How dare you!" Rarity nearly screamed.

"I'd rather be an abomination than a stuck up priss like you!" Dan shouted. He noticed Tony keeping silent the whole time, and he wasn't the only one.


"At least one of you have enough sense to stay quiet," Blueblood snickered. Another crack echoed in Tony's head.

Close the door. CLOSE THE DOOR.


"Screw off! Who do you think you are?!" Dan yelled.


"Just leave him alone!" Twilight added.


"Blueblood, that is enough," Celestia said.

"Are you honestly siding with those...things?!" he cried in shock. Tony couldn't keep his mouth shut any longer.

"We're Lo-human you little brat. Not some bitchy, whining, asshole like you," he practically snarled. "I'm not a pony, but I'm sure as hell a better man than you are stallion, so I suggest you shut it, you spoiled little brat."

Dan could hear It. Tony couldn't talk like he was now. He looked at Dan, who shook his head. The table was silent, in disbelief that somepony had actually bested the rude prince in verbal combat. But he still had an ace, one that he had overheard the guards talking about.


"You're Tony, aren't you?" he sneered.


"Yeah. What's it to you?" Tony questioned with a glare.


Blueblood ignored his remark and smirked. "It's no wonder your parents abandoned you," he chuckled.

PreviousChapters Next