• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 20,447 Views, 534 Comments

To Call the Moon My Own - That_Random_Pony



It's funny learning how easy it is to lose everything. But it's even funnier to learn how easy it can be to replace what was lost.

  • ...
62
 534
 20,447

PreviousChapters Next
Doshu'um Reku'un II

" Why would anyone do that to him?", Fluttershy asked through her watered eyes.

" It's just too...cruel", Rarity sniffled. " What made him do this?".

" Their plan", Minira said. " This didn't happen because Jerosh wanted it to. Ganok made him do it".

They all gasped. " Our family was tired of having the Doshu'um killing his own father", Derekosh began. " So we tried to make it easier for Reku'un. Instead of killing someone he loved, it would be easier to kill someone he loathed".

" But we never took the Iikro into consideration", Jaqeluu sighed.

" What is the Iikro?", Celestia questioned.

" What you saw Reku'un become. The Ashla is the purest form of his power", Jaqeluu explained. " But it can be influenced by intense emotion, transforming it into the Iikro. The beast of darkness".

" It happened twice, however, the first time it did not escape", Fermot said. " Before Jerosh threw our brother the Iikro slipped into his being. His mind had never had the training to withstand its influence".

" I taught Reku'un when he was young to battle mentally", Jaqeluu told them. " It was how he coexisted with the Ashla and the Iikro while staying sane".

" But when it entered Jerosh, he succumbed to it easily", Fermot said. " The original plan was meant to make him think they were dead, but when the Iikro gained control his mind became twisted".

Minira changed the scene to the next day, where Tony still lied on the grass. The door to the house opened, and an elderly woman stood bewildered by the sight. Slowly she came closer to see him, and when he showed no signs of movement she picked him up. She brought him into her home and rested him comfortably on her couch. Using her rites as a healer, she ran her hands over him, a faint glow coming from her fingertips. Tony slowly opened his eyes, and looked at the woman.

" Who...who are you?", he groaned. The woman stopped her healing and sat him up against a pillow.

" My name is Eishla, little one", she smiled softly. " Why were sleeping in my backyard? Surely your parents must be looking for you".

Tony looked away as he remembered some of what happened, most of it being the Iikro's influence. " They...I don't have any parents", he lied. Eishla's other rites made her know he was lying.

" What's your name?", she asked.

" Anthony", he recited. Another lie, making Eishla grow more curious.

" And how old are you?", she continued.

" I'm thirteen", he said.

Eishla put her arm around him and gave a slightly stern face. " And how many cycles are you?", she smiled.

Tony zipped his head back up to her, and he started crying. " I'm six cycles. My parents were killed, and my name is Reku'un Alamonshuor", he sniffled.

Eishla's eyes widened upon hearing the name. " You're the Doshu'um", she whispered. He nodded and buried his head into her chest as he cried.

" Heraj is gone, and Herod too", he sobbed. " They're all gone".

Eishla kept herself composed and hugged the boy closer. It was in her nature to care for others, and the child that was the Doshu'um made no exception. His sniffles finally ceased and his stomach rumbled. Eishla smiled and pulled away, bringing him into the kitchen.

" You must be hungry", she smiled. " Sit down, I'll make you something".

She fried him several steaks, two bowls of salad, and a gallon of orange juice. He practically swallowed the food and downed the gallon in one swig. Eishla had forgotten the appetite of a male Signa, even at this age.

" Would you like to stay here?", Eishla asked him. He swallowed the last of the steak and looked to the table.

" I don't know", he mumbled.

Eishla went around the table and squatted beside him. " Then where will you go?", she asked. " This world doesn't know of our kind, and it would be dangerous to let them know. You could live here Doshu'um, until you know what you'd like to do".

" Don't call me that", he whispered. " Please, just call me Reku'un".

She hugged him again and scratched his head. " If you want little one", she soothed him. " So would you like to stay here?".

" Okay", he sniffled.

" In time, Reku'un became attached to Eishla, and she decided to take him on as her son", Minira said. She showed them the times Eishla would show him the Kital songs, all the days they spent together, even taught him how to dance." She became his new mother, and he forgot all about his training. For a time, he was happy again. And he even made a new friend".

She took them to his first day as a freshman, which was a week after school started. There were lockers about his size, and many kids his size. He didn't know about the building, so he went to the office to wait for someone to help him. Sitting across from him was a blonde boy with the usual uniform shirt and khaki pants.

" You're new here?", the boy asked. Tony nodded, and tried to avoid getting picked on. Instead of leaving him alone, the boy hopped over to sit next to him. " I'm Dan, or Front Door".

" It's Dan!", Pinkie exclaimed.

" He doesn't look too different", Applejack commented. " Maybe he's kinda taller, but not really changed".

Tony shook his hand hesitantly. " So what's your name?", Dan asked. Tony sunk into his collar and mumbled his name. " Don't wanna talk huh? Don't worry, I'll find out. Let me see your schedule".

He snatched it from Tony's grasp and looked over it. As he read, he grew a large grin. " Looks like we have every class together. What a coincidence", he smirked. " Come on, I'll show you around".

" Aren't you in trouble?", Tony asked.

" They can hold it, 'sides the most I'll get is detention", Dan waved his hand dismissively. " C'mon, I'll show you around".

Tony followed after Dan and to his third period class, which was english. Dan walked in like he wasn't just in the office and went to his seat. Tony waited for the teacher to finish on the intercom before showing her the note.

" Class, this is Anthony", Ms. Howitzer announced. " He's new, so help him if he needs it. Just take a seat next to Dan".

Tony sat next to a grinning Dan. " So that's your name huh?", he chuckled. " How about, Tony. Better than Anthony, right?".

Truthfully, it did sound better than Anthony. " I...I guess", he shrugged.

" Dan was very popular in his school, and he made friends with just about everyone", Minira said. " And it was because of him that he and Tony became friends for life".

She changed the enviornment to behind the school where Tony was cornered by six large boys. Behind them was a crowd of kids. He didn't do anything as the first threw his bookbag to the side and the others searched it. When they found nothing, they just threw it all into a mess of papers and books. The leader of the thugs kicked Tony and the rest pushed him to the ground. They started punching and kicking his downed body, the crowd of kids laughing.

" Hey! Cut it out guys!", Dan shouted as he ran to Tony. " Get out of here! Assholes".

The guys laughed as they walked away. " Looks like mommy saved you again dipshit", one of them taunted.

" Suck a dick Derek", Dan fumed. " Come on, up we go. You alright kid?".

Tony rubbed his arm and walked past him. " I said not to call me kid", he mumbled. He gathered his books while Dan squatted in front of him to help.

" You gotta fight back Tony", Dan said. " Can't let'em push you around. Punch him in the face, kick him in the balls, something".

Tony zipped up his bookbag and wiped the blood from his nose. " See ya later Dan", he nodded. Dan sighed as Tony walked away.

" It was the right thing to do", Celestia said. " But he should have told one of the adults from the school".

" But come on! Six guys! At least Dan helped him right?", Rainbow questioned. Minira hesitantly nodded and brought them to the last beating he got.

It was behind the school again, and this time no kids were around. The boys had brought a bat and some of them were holding down Tony. Just before the bat could hit him Dan tackled him to the ground. With one punch he knocked the kid out and got back up to fight the others. Seeing Tony as no threat, they tackled Dan and started beating him instead.

Tony went against his promise in order to get Dan out of there. He used his strong arms to throw the first two off and the other three he knocked out with blows to the head. Before the other two could tackle him he tripped them then dropped to knee them in the jaw. In another second, he had them by the throats and slammed them into the building. Dan slowly got up as he watched Tony restrain them even as they kicked him.

" Let us go!", Derek strained.

Tony squeezed harder and blocked off their airways. " Stop!", the other boy pleaded. " C'mon, we won't bother you again!".

Instead of letting them go, Tony dropped them and put an arm behind their backs. " Who did this to you?", Tony asked.

" You did!", Derek quickly said. Tony pushed their arms up their backs hard. " C'mon man! Tony did this to us!".

Tony pushed harder, and they began to whimper as their shoulders cracked, warning they would break under any more pressure. The second boy finally got what he was saying. " Dan did this! Dan kicked our asses!", he shouted.

Tony let go of them and pushed them to the side. " Don't let me find out you said it was me", Tony growled.

Dan watched with his jaw dropped as the boys ran away. Tony wiped the blood from his nose and went to get his bag. " So...you could kick their asses this whole time, and the only time you would was when I got hit?", Dan asked.

Tony turned to him and nodded. " Better me than you", he said. Just like the last time, Dan helped him pack up the papers and books strewn about. " And thanks, for helping me".

" Don't worry about it", Dan smiled. " Those guys had it coming. Wanna grab a slice or something?".

Tony shook his head. " I can't...I um...I just need to do something", he said. " Maybe some other time".

The scene faded into white. " When the boys told it was Dan that fought them they kept away from Tony. They became very close friends, best friends even. And Tony was about to meet another".

She brought them to when Tony was out in the backyard, practicing the Kital songs. Many animals came, and a deer came close to him. He always wanted to pet one, and as it got closer he readied to grab it. But when he stopped it pranced away, Tony right behind it.

" Wait!", he laughed. " Come back!".

He missed a step and fell down a small hill. The tumble left leaves in his undone hair and a few scratches on his arms and legs. He laughed as he looked to see where he was, but his eyes locked onto a small cave. The inside was glowing a deep red, and for some reason Tony felt drawn to it. He didn't have the Daedalak with him, so he pulled a branch off a tree and held it like he would his sword.

Slowly he creeped inside, unsure of what to find. He heard something else, like a heartbeat.

Thump-thump, thump-thump

The glowing was coming from under a mess of cobwebs. Using his hands to rip it apart, he still heard the beating, and it matched his. He grabbed the smooth surface of the object and brought it up. The red glow brightened and the beating got louder and louder, and as he lifted it he recognized what it was.

A Nera'ak egg.

The egg began to crack, and his arm began to hurt. He shouted as his hand began to sear and when he looked at it he saw it was glowing as well. The egg cracked all over and soon it broke completely. A Nera'ak with red scales and ripples of blue on her scales fell out with the yolk on it. Tony kept staring at his hand as the light began to glow brighter and so was the Nera'ak. She started glowing as well, and her form grew until she was about as big as a car.

The light just stopped all of a sudden, and Tony looked at his hand. The scar wasn't the same color as his skin, it was now black. What also changed was that four lines ran up to his forearms now. He looked back to the Nera'ak who was staring at him. She didn't attack, and Tony didn't feel in danger.

What's a Nera'ak doing here?

What's a Loki'irian doing here?

Tony yelped as the second voice sounded. He looked all around, but there was no one else. Realization hit him and he turned back to the Nera'ak.

Was that, you?

Yes young Doshu'um. I am Nyla, your Nera'ak

She came closer to him and sniffed his hand. He looked at it and realized the image was a Nera'ak, just swirled.

" But wait, don't you have to use magic to hatch a dragon's egg?", Twilight asked. " How did he hatch it?".

Minira had forgotten to explain that to them. " The energy the Signa manipulate, is the magic you all use", Minira told them.

" What?! So, we can shoot the stuff they do?!", Pinkie asked as she shot her hooves out. She pouted when nothing came out.

" To do what they did requires mass amounts of magic", Minira giggled. " A full grown unicorn can use a millionth of the power a single Signa child could use".

Twilight and Rarity's jaw dropped. " So their master wizards?!", Twilight exclaimed. " That's so amazing! So Tony could teach me how to better my magic?!".

" No Twilight", Minira said sternly. " Only a Loki'irian can handle that much energy. Even you, my children, cannot fathom how much power he has accumulated within him".

" It's no wonder he broke from my magic so easily", Celestia mumbled.

" Mine as well", Luna said.

Nyla remembered first seeing her partner. She joined minds with him and saw his past, and they were binded together as seperate yet one being. Even now she could feel Reku'uns energy, as faded as it was. Her anger didn't bring forth the Ashla, but she clenched her fists as she remembered why he was so weak. She discreetly glared at the mare and bared her fangs slightly.

Minira knew she would have to show them soon, so she decided to bring it up. " After his high school years Reku'un learned to ride Nyla and when they graduated he told Dan of his origins. Thankfully, Dan didn't think wrong of him, and it also gave him an idea".

Tony was walking through the streets of the city to get home. He had just been with Dan at a local arcade, which he found little interest in. As he walked he heard a scream, and immediately he ran to see what was wrong. He came to an alleyway and saw a woman being held down by a large man. Tony knew what was going on, the man was trying to rape her.

" Get off me!", she screamed. The man slapped her hard and held her arms down.

Tony didn't need another notion, and within a second he was already halfway down the alley. He ripped his shirt off and tied it around most of his face to hide him. He leapt over the man and pulled him by his shoulders, then slammed him onto his back. The hit rendered him unconscious, and Tony looked back to the woman. She was surprised that someone saved her, but more intimidated by how he knocked the would-be-rapist out in a single hit. Without another word, Tony ran.

" After he told Dan, he gave Tony the idea the notion he could be a sort of...vigilante as the humans would call it", Minira said. She showed Tony riding Nyla over a chase with a cop car and a car holding three criminals and a hostage.

Tony maneuvered Nyla to the side so he could get a shot at the driver. The woman in the back of the car had a gun to her head while another shot at the cops. Tony pulled back his bow, and sent an arrow right into his skull. The two criminals were confused as to what it was, but they drove through a store to lose the cops. Tony followed close on Nyla's back, right above them. He leaped off her back and landed on the hood of the car. Tony shot an arrow he had been charging into the man in the back and stabbed the driver with his Daedalak.

The car came to a complete stop, and Tony ripped the side door off. He helped the woman out and nodded to her. With a few quick bounds he scaled the side of a building and mounted Nyla. They flew off, waiting for the next crime.

" So he was like a superhero?", Rainbow asked.

" In a sense", Minira smiled. " The humans made hundreds of news stories about him. Asking who he was, what he was, where he was. They even offered a reward for information".

" They make him sound like a criminal", Shining commented. " But why did Rodrick say he was a murderer?".

They all visibly tensed up, and Minira sighed. She knew this was coming, but she wished she didn't have to show them. But for them to understand, and for her daughter, they needed to know. With another immortal spell she changed the landscape to outside a club.

" Because of his crime stopping, he discovered there were Signa still alive, and Arthanians were also around", Minira said. " He and Dan made many attempts to find out more, but they found out the planet was the Arthanians next target".

Tony wore casual clothes as he walked closer to the entrance to the club. The music was already within hearing range, and the ground was vibrating slightly. He stopped in front of the guards, who he assumed to be more Signa.

" License and registration", one said. Tony pulled up his sleeve and showed them the scar. Their eyes widened, and they both bowed, confusing the people behind him. " Stay here. Follow me Doshu'um".

When he stepped inside he saw Dan in place behind the stand. The bass was then dropped, and the whole club began dancing madly. The music was catchy, and even Tony bobbed his head slightly. The guard brought him into a room at the back, which had women in revealing attire coming out of. Tony ignored their seductive gazes and stepped inside of the room.

" Yerotel, the Doshu'um", the guard said.

Yerotel rose from his seat and did the traditional bow. " What honor does the Doshu'um bring in coming here?", he asked.

" I understand you have a rite in which even the faintest of energies can be felt by you", Tony began. " There are other Signa on this planet, and I wish to gather them for a battle".

The Signa rose to his feet. " What sort of battle?", Yerotel asked.

" The Arthanians know of this world", Tony began. " And they plan to invade in a month's time. I wish to gather them, and protect this planet".

" Could we really defeat them? We are children", he said. " I am only eleven cycles, you yourself must be ten cycles".

" It doesn't matter", Tony resolutely said. " I know there are two adult Signa on this planet, and with them we can even the tide".

Yerotel sighed and rubbed his neck. " Then what are we to do?", he asked. " Where are the mutts?".

" They should be here in about...", a scream cut him off. " Now".

The four Signa grabbed a weapon and went outside. The soldiers were ignoring the people and heading straight for them, but a hail of bullets stopped some. Dan was firing his pistol at their faces and buying the Signa time.

" Another Signa?", Yerotel asked.

" I wish!", Dan laughed. " Come on, car's waiting out back".

They escaped, and in a month's time they traveled across the world to gather as many Signa children they could. And the last one they got, was Netu'ung. He agreed, but only because he would get payback on the Arthanians.

Tony sat with his hands in his hair, just outside the abondoned warehouse that hid the Signa and their Nera'ak. Dan came outside and sat with his friend, since that night they would be going into battle.

" You okay man?", Dan said as he put his hand on Tony's shoulder.

Tony exhaled and looked at his friend. " I've gathered a hundred and five Signa along with fifty Nera'ak", he told him. " And they have Minira knows how many".

Dan looked out to the setting sun. " So, you think we can win?", Dan questioned.

Tony smiled, then turned to him once again. As if they weren't about to go into a fight, like they weren't about to lose the world or keep it safe. Like they weren't going to have heavy casualties on both sides.

Tony shrugged.

" Eh, who can say?", he chuckled. " Maybe. Netu'ung and Jigot are adults. Maybe we can".

" Then go say something to them, before everything goes to hell", Dan said as he stood up.

Tony nodded and went in. The entire building was filled with the Signa, and the Nera'ak flew around or perched themselves on the rusted beams. Tony brought his new rites to face, and his body was covered in a minority of metal. His face was left the same, since the mask would grow over time. He leaped to the observation deck and looked down at his men, and some females that he found. They quickly silenced after Nyla slapped her tail against the beam.

The floor's yours Reku'un

" Men", Tony boomed his voice, just like his father. " Tonight, we will go into a fight that our father's could not end. But on this night, we do not fight for our home planet, nor do we fight for the Makti. On this night, we fight to protect this world and all its life from the Arthanian scum"

" On this night, we will drive the Arthanian horde back!"

" AH-HOO!"

" WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL THE LAST BIT OF BLOOD LEAVES OUR BODIES!"

" AH-HOO"

" WE WILL FIGHT FOR ALL THE LIVES THOSE BASTARDS TOOK! FOR THE WORLD WE ONCE CALLED HOME!"

" AH-HOO!"

" TONIGHT WE WILL FIGHT! TONIGHT WE WILL DIE! TONIGHT! WE! WILL! WIN!"

" YAAAAAAHHHHH!"

" SIGNA! WILL YOU FIGHT?!"

" BY YOUR WORD DOSHU'UM!"

" WILL YOU RIDE WITH ME?!"

" BY YOUR SIDE WE RIDE!"

" AND WILL YOU SURRENDER?! EVEN AS THE LAST OF US FALL?!"

" THE LAST OF US WILL FIGHT WITH THE VIGOR YOU WOULD DOSHU'UM!"

" THEN LET'S GO!"

They all cheered and mounted their Nera'ak. Tony hopped onto Nyla's back and drew his Daedalak, the audible scrape of the sword resounding throughout the room. Dan was in his exoskeleton, and he jumped to join Tony.

" FOR LOKI'IR!".

" FOR LOK'IR!"

They flew behind Tony as he took to the skies outside, the Nera'ak that didn't have wings ran below them. Their Nera'ak were outfitted with crude iron armor while the Signa went in with regular clothes. They flew for several minutes before their target came into sight. The outer wall. With it gone, there would be nothing protecting the target building.

We should pray, for help.

Of course, Herod always said to ask the godesses for guidance. Limir, please, give me the strength to win this battle. Ichima, give me the strength to keep peace for this planet. And Minira, keep Eishla safe if I am to join you in Eden

It will never come to that Reku'un

It might

The Signa rapidly closed in on the wall, and soon some were being knocked out of the sky. Bullets and shells whizzed by and blew up around them, forcing the Nera'ak to break formation. The flyers strafed from side to side, doing some rolls but many were still being shot down. Nyla flew over and around hails of bullets and walls of artillery. A shell blew up beside them, sending Dan and Tony off the side of Nyla's back. Tony grabbed onto her saddle and got a firm grip on Dan's leg.

" Pull me up! Pull me up!", he yelled into the headset.

Tony pulled him and Dan back onto Nyla's back as they continued their charge. Many of the earth runners were being dropped from the weaponry raining down on them, but that didn't falter their moral one bit.

" Bingogra! Come!", Tony shouted.

A loud roar sounded the enormous Nera'aks approach. It was bigger than the Canterlot Castle, and its head was as big as a house. A living battery ram, and their way through. Tony and the other Signa pulled out their bows, and sent barrage after barrage to the soldiers. Tony aimed at the artillery gunners, piercing their skulls with arrows from hundreds of yards away.

" It's clear! Go! Go!".

Bingogra nodded and aimed his dragon right at the center of the wall. The distance closed, and the Nera'ak filed behind Bingogra. The wall was no match for the solid skull, and the battle began. The Nera'ak on the ground tore through the lines, biting, clawing, and breathing fire and frost. The airborne made strafing runs with fire and ice, effectively scattering the soldiers. They flew right over the lines whilst upside down so the Signa could slash at the running soldiers. Tony told Dan to stay airborne with Nyla while he leapt to join his men down below.

The Signa fought all around, and occasionally Tony would see piles of them being killed by Netu'ung or Jigot, the former just tearing through them with his axe. Jigot used his rites to slash with his twin blades and multiply himself. Tony focused on the Arthanians around him, one nearly spearing him but he broke its neck then threw its spear at another one about to jump on a Nera'ak. He heard a familiar screech, and further off a Gungrich was charging.

There was a pack of them, large beasts with tusks and four eyes. Ugly things, and vicious too. The Nera'ak met their match with them, and they wrestled violently on the battlefield. The Nera'ak would breathe fire and frost into their faces as they fought for dominance in the struggle. The earthbound dragons tunneled underground and dragged the Gungrich down with them. Most with wings brought them high into the air, if they weren't killed first, and dropped them.

Tony spun around and slit a soldier's throat as he broke another's neck. He looked to where he heard a scream and saw Netu'ung with a spear in his back. Tony fought through the lines to help him, the pair fighting back to back.

" I don't need your help", Netu'ung grunted as he pulled the spear out.

" We all do", Tony countered. They fought where the other could not, Tony even using Netu'ung's axe to get swung around and kick the soldiers. " Where's Jigot?".

His answer came in the form of Jigot's sword. Tony looked around until he saw the Signa, halfway into the mouth of a Gungrich. Before it could eat him, Nyla landed on its back and dug her claws into its sides while her jaw clamped down on its nuque. She shot fire into the wound, cooking its head. The Gungrich dropped, and Nyla flew over to Tony, slapping a few soldiers away with her tail.

Tony screamed while Nyla fell to the dirt roaring when a spear dug into his chest. Netu'ung fired several spheres of red around to provide cover. " Where's Vekor's Nera'ak?!".

A green scaled dragon landed behind them, creating a circle with Nyla. " Hurry", Tony strained as he pulled the spear out.

The dragon took a deep breath, then exhaled over his body. The wound along with several others closed painlessly. After it closed, the dragon stopped its healing breath and Tony stood back up. Dan hopped off of Nyla and shakily walked to Tony.

" Ever hear of the word slow?", Dan said to Nyla. The dragoness smirked and huffed a cloud of smoke. The soldiers were falling back, to where Tony and Dan needed to go.

" Then the battle is won, is it not?", Netu'ung asked.

" No. This is only a battalion, for now you are done", Tony told him. He turned back to the remaining Signa, their numbers almost cut in half after the battle. He could see many dragons turned to stone from their partners death. There were some bodies, meaning they also died in battle.

" You can't expect to destroy an entire army in a building", Yerotel said as he came over. " One of us must stay".

Tony turned to them. " As Doshu'um, I am ordering you to leave. This battle is over, now go", Tony said.

With grunts of annoyance, the Signa ran to their living Nera'ak and took off, along with the survivors.

Two Signa dragged a soldier to Tony. " We found this adolescent among the dead", one said. " Do we kill it?".

Tony could see the fear in its eyes, and it reminded him of something long ago. " No, leave him be", Tony said. They let the adolescent go, and it ran away from the battle.

Tony turned back to Dan. " Ready kid?".

" Let's do it".

The last few moments were just like Dan and Tony told them long ago. The clearing of the building, the malfunction, and Tony knocking out Dan so he could escape.

" It was only a week later, that Tony earned his title as criminal", Minira spoke gently.

She brought them to where Eishla was trying to calm Tony as he yelled. " I've lived my entire life hating this world, and protecting it! You can't tell me what to do! You are not my mother!".

That was the blow to Eishla. Tony realized what he had said, but more importantly, what the Iikro wanted him to say as well. Before he could say anymore, the Ashla tried to free itself, making Tony scream as his mind fought the Iikro's influence. Minira showed them the battle raging in his mind, where Tony blocked the door the Iikro/Ashla was ramming. Every time a part of it got out, the influence let out bursts of power.

On the outside Eishla tried to get him to lie on the couch, but the Iikro took control. It made Tony push her back and roar like a monster. As Tony glared at Eishla, his senses returned, and he realized what he did. He looked at his hands as if they weren't his.

" I'm sorry", he whispered.

" Reku'un don't leave!", Eishla called after him. He transformed and flew off to clear his mind.

" So for a fight?", Applejack asked. " Rod said he was a murderer, he didn't hurt no one bad".

Minira kept quiet as she fast forwarded to the evening. Tony sat on top of a building overlooking the bustling city. The door behind him opened up, and when he turned around he saw a small boy. The blonde boy had on baseball pajamas, and he came over to Tony who was in his metallic form. He made sure the boy didn't see him as he put on the bandana he opted to use.

" You're that guy on the news right?", the little boy asked. " Are you a superhero?".

" No child", Tony chuckled. " What brings you up at this hour?".

The boy sat beside Tony on the edge, getting Tony to watch out. " Mommy and Daddy are fighting again", he huffed. " I wish they would just be quiet".

" Then how would they tell you they love you?", Tony chuckled. The boy rolled his eyes and huffed.

" I just wish they wouldn't fight", he said. " You wouldn't understand".

Tony knew more than the boy did about the matter, he was missing his parents since it happened. " I do. You're lucky you have your parents young one. There are many that aren't as lucky as you. Remember that. No matter how much your parents fight or how mad they get, they love you", Tony said sternly.

The boy looked up to Tony. " So where are your parents?". Tony dropped his head, and held back the memories.

" They're...not around", he said.

The boy tilted his head. " Then who takes care of you?", the boy asked.

" My caretaker, her name's Eishla", Tony said. " She's very wise and talented. She's like my...family".

Tony repeated what he had just told the boy in his mind. He had just told himself something that he should be listening to. With a smack to his metallic forehead, Tony stood up.

" Boy, remember what I've told you", Tony smiled. " See you another time".

Tony dropped off the side of the building, then landed on Nyla's back.

C'mon Nyla. We're going home

Nyla grunted as she tilted to swerve around a building. Tony left her in the forest where she hid. He ran the rest of the way back to his house, practicing how he would apologize. When he got in through the door, he noticed how dark it was. Something he knew, was that Eishla never went to sleep early in the night. She would always work on a piece of gem to sell. And another thing he noticed, there were several scents in the home.

The lights flicked on and Eishla was being held with a sword to her throat by...the Arthanian from the battle. Before Tony could reach for his sword, two Signa grabbed his arms and kicked him onto his knees. Tony tried to struggle, but he froze when he saw Netu'ung.

" Hello Doshu'um", Netu'ung chuckled.

" YOU! LEAVE HER ALONE!", Tony shouted. Netu'ung laughed and punched him in the stomach, nearly breaking through his skin.

" Do not worry Reku'un, I am simply here to bring a message", he cackled. " Jerosh says hello".

That was the last thing he remembered, and the scene changed to him waking up in a forest. His clothes were torn over his body, and there was blood on him. He knew the scent, Arthanian and...Eishla's.

" Eishla!", he shouted. He ran as fast as his arms and legs would let him, and soon Nyla was flying overhead.

Nyla! Fly ahead and tell me what you see!

Yes Reku'un!

He heard her wings flap harder as she sped up, and so did he. He tore through low branches and brush, the only thing on his mind being Eishla.

Minira no

What is it Nyla?! Is Eishla okay?! Nyla!

His panic only willed him on, and soon he was headed right up the backyard. The back door was lifted off its hinges when he bashed it with his shoulder. He went into the living room but didn't find her. All he found was blood, and a lot of it.

" Eishla! Eishla where are you?!", he shouted. He climbed the stairs and found more blood, but not Eishla. That is, until he went into his room. " Eishla!".

She layed on his blood soaked bed, three gashes in her stomach and her nose drew blood. Tony lifted her head and gently shook her, the tears barely keeping in his eyes. She groggily looked over to him, and put a hand on his cheek.

" Hello little one", she whispered.

Tony let the tears stream into her cheek as he held her. " Please, just hold on. I-I'll find some help, just hold on", he pleaded as he set her onto the bed.

" No", she said as she grabbed his shirt. " It's too late Reku'un. Please, don't leave".

Tony quietly cried as he examined the wounds more closely. They were practically weeping the bright red liquid, and she had already lost a high amount. His weeping was cut short, as he heard the door open and a pistol cock.

" Freeze!", the cop shouted. " Put your hands behind your head and get down!".

Tony wasn't thinking, he was reacting. Quickly he reached for his Daedalak and beamed it at the cop. It twirled and the handle of the blade smacked him in the head. Tony picked up Eishla and grabbed his Daedalak, running down the stairs. The police downstairs opened fire on him as he carried Eishla out the back of the house. He slowed down as he lost the scent of the police officers.

" What happened?", Tony sobbed silently. " Who did this to you?".

Eishla smiled weakly and nestled her head into his arm. " It matters not little one", she whispered. " Please, don't leave. Stay with me".

Tony held her close as he walked aimlessly through the forest. He recalled all the times she would play him the forest with all the animals. As if to remind him of that time, Eishla began to sing in anicent Loki'irian, a language that held its own meanings.

" Go nak, midar ut shi,

Hokuro, mina gurek

himagotar, sen rina dore

lor shen, kazema norak,

hinigart morish, meru'ub hugota

milef uuuuush"

Tony stopped as soon as the song did, and with his soaked eyes he glanced at the only family he had left.

" Promise me Reku'un", she said. " Promise me, you will protect those in need, no matter their relation with you".

Tony sniffled and let a whimper escape him as he nodded. " I promise Eishla", he whimpered. " I promise".

With one last smile, she closed her eyes and joined Minira. Tony fell to his knees and sobbed silently. And it only got worse as his memories returned. He did this, he hurt her. He killed her.

Nyla landed behind him, sensing his troubled mind. She looked at Eishla, then looked at Reku'un.

There was nothing you could have done Reku'un

Tony sniffled and wiped the falling tears away. He walked further into the clearing and gently set Eishla's body down. Without another word, he started digging. Nyla could tell what he was doing, so she began to dig across from him. She shoveled dirt with her claws and Tony with his hands, not a word or thought being spoken. The hole was five feet deep, and Tony carefully placed Eishla inside the hole. She was still smiling, making Tony whimper softly. Nyla pushed the dirt back in and made it solid with her tail.

Tony kneeled in front of the makeshift grave, and he let the tears stream down his face. Nyla nuzzled against her partner, wrapping her wing gently around him. His sobs were muffled into her scaled shoulder, and she just consoled him as best she could. Without warning, Tony seperated from her and took out his Daedalak. He stabbed it into the ground and started dragging it around. Nyla stood back as Tony cut into the earth, making an odd pattern with the lines. She heard thunderclouds overhead, but Tony didn't seem to, or just didn't, care.

With one last incision, Tony brought the lines together and finished the drawing. Small titters of rain pricked his skin, and his tears were camoflauged.

Get out of range Nyla.

Why Rek-

Just do it

His thoughts were stern, as they were rarely when he spoke to her. She nodded and flew as fast as she could until they were no longer linked. The rain started coming down, and Tony stood in the center of his carving.

The Kiki Flower, the flower of vengeance.

Tony looked at his blade, then held his medallion close. Carefully, he raised the blue blade in front of him, then rammed it into himself.

Everypony gasped as he stumbled before enduring the pain. He pulled it back out, then slammed it all the way to the handle straight through him, then did it a third time before taking the sword out completely. The rain poured down on him, and a clap of thunder boomed overhead.

" WHAAAAAAT?!", Tony screamed. " WHAAAAAAT?! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT MINIRA! MY FAMILY WORSHIPPED YOU, AND YOU KILLED THEM AAAAAALL! WHY?! WHAT DID WE DO?!".

His anger was directed to the skies.

" ANSWER MEEEE!", he roared. " THEY DID NOTHING WRONG, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MEEEE! WHY DO YOU DO THIS?!".

Tony raised his blade again, and stabbed the first inch of it over his heart. He dropped it and put his fingers into the wound, forcefully pulling the skin apart to show his beating heart. The blood from the wounds mingled with the falling rain as it pelted his body.

" IF THEY CAN'T BE HERE, THEN BRING ME TO THEM!", he bellowed. " DO IT! STRIKE ME! FOR FUCK'S SAKE DO IT! COME ON!".

He ripped a tree from its roots, and sent it into the atmosphere.

" I'VE STRUCK FIRST! NOW PUNISH ME! END MY LIFE! YOU DID IT TO THEM, WHY NOT ME?!", he screamed. " I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME! DO IIIIIIIIIIT!".

Tony's eyes looked around the raining clouds, praying that a strike of lightning would just end him. He fell to his knees, letting the tears drip off his nose.

" AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!".

Minira couldn't watch it again. She ended the feed and looked back to the ponies. More tears couldn't have been shed. Each of them had tears dripping from their chins as they saw Tony at his weakest moment. Even Discord kept silent out of respect. The room changed to the next day, where Tony was flying on Nyla's back. The night cloaked the two in the air, and it would be needed since they flew near the buildings. Nyla climbed higher until she got to the roof of the tallest building, then landed with a heavy quake.

Tony jumped off Nyla's back and drew his sword, glaring at his target.

Jerosh.

" So you came", Jerosh chuckled. " Tell me, have you embraced the Ashla?".

Tony said nothing as he walked closer, stopping several yards away. Nyla shook the floor as she stalked closer, growling at Jerosh from behind her partner. Jerosh laughed and whistled quickly, summoning his Nera'ak, Rikopeel. The black Nera'ak flew high into the air before landing heavily behind his partner and taking a daunting stance. The two pairs stared at each other, until Tony dashed forward with Nyla going for Rikopeel.

Jerosh went to meet his little brother, and Rikopeel his opponent. The Nera'ak slammed into each other, the older pinning the younger to the ground and the two Signa brothers locking blades. Tony slashed at Jerosh several times, but Jerosh blocked and deflected each of them. Nyla and Rikopeel tumbled on the roof as they fought for dominance, and given Rikopeel was larger and stronger her got it in a matter of seconds. The same went with the Signa, Jerosh punching Tony then kicking him into the air. Jerosh used his rites to pull Tony back down, slamming him powerfully into an air conditioning unit.

Rikopeel slammed Nyla into the radio tower on top of the roof, bending it to fit her form. She roared as fire funneled its way out, but Rikopeel clamped her jaw shut with his own. Tony pulled himself out of the crumpled metal and bellowed as he charged to him. He sheathed his sword and started punching Jerosh with all the force he could muster. Jerosh took each of the blows Tony threw, but they did nothing to harm him. In fact, it made him laugh as Tony kept beating. Hearing his laughs, Tony only amped up the number of hits, and Rikopeel threw Nyla into a group of AC units.

Jerosh grew bored, so he withdrew his sword and dug it into Tony's shoulder. He and Nyla bellowed as the cut opened, spewing blood instantly. Rikopeel bit the back of her neck then threw her into the AC units again. Jerosh pulled Tony up, his arm now hanging by a few strips of flesh onto his shoulder, and brought him closer.

" You still haven't grown stronger little brother", he snarled with a smile. " Which is why, I will give you a choice". He used his rites to choke Tony while making him face the city. " Look over there, do you see that?".

Tony's eyes widened when he saw the floating Signa...holding Dan. Dan struggled to break free from the hand wrapped around his throat, but the Signa had a tight grip. Tony dropped to the floor and Rikopeel got off of Nyla.

" It will only take thirty seconds for him to hit the ground", Jerosh chuckled. " Choose brother, would you let him die, and finally kill me? Or will you save him, and never see me again?".

Jerosh signaled the Signa and he let Dan go. Tony watched in shock and anger as Dan fell the thousand feet. He glanced back to Jerosh, then to Dan. He could kill Jerosh right now, and avenge his father, his mother, and Eishla. But it would mean letting Dan die, but if he saved him he would never have the revenge he wanted. It was the reason he was out here, the reason he was fighting Jerosh.

" Twenty seconds", Jerosh laughed. " Hurry, he's speeding up".

Reku'un, get him. You must save him.

No...I...I need to...kill Jerosh!

Reku'un, you must do what's right! You promised Eishla!

Tony clenched his eyes shut as the tears came foward. Nyla limped over to him, and he clenched his fists. " I'll kill you. With Minira as my witness, I'll find you again, and I'll make sure you pay", Tony growled.

Jerosh grinned as he made way to Rikopeel. " I'm looking forward to it", Jerosh laughed.

Nyla throw me!

Tony limped onto Nyla's tail and she beamed him at Dan before going out cold. Tony dived for him, his useless arm tearing even more as he shot at Dan. He reached his hand out, then grabbed onto him, and slammed into the ground. Dan bounced off of his body and rolled in the dirt of the park, getting a few bruises and scrapes. He got up as fast as he could and ran to Tony's body.

" Shit man, what happened to you?", he mumbled as he looked over Tony's arm. " Come on, up we go".

Nyla...get out...of here

Y-Yes...Reku'un

Tony woke up in Dan's living room, his arm had healed while he was asleep, and he could sense Nyla circling the area. Diane, Dan's girlfriend, set a plate with food on the coffeee table with some oranje juice. Tony's foggy mind kept him down, for another half hour or so. Diane spoke to Dan barely within earshot.

" So he was in an accident?"

" Yeah, just got knocked out, nothing serious. I'll talk to him when he gets up, just go before your boss calls"

" Okay honey, see you after work"

Diane grabbed her bag, gave Dan a quick peck, and left their house. As soon as he couldn't smell her anymore, Tony sat up slowly and rubbed his sore shoulder. Dan came over and sat down next to Tony, waiting for him to speak first.

" What happened?", Dan asked. Tony said nothing, instead just letting the tears fall from his nose and onto the carpet. " Kid-"

" I did it", he choked on his sob. " Eishla's gone, and it's all because of me".

Dan put his hand on Tony's shoulder. " Tony, c'mon, you'd never-"

" It was me!", Tony shouted. " It was me!...It was all me".

Dan grabbed him by the shoulder's and made him look at him. " Tony it wasn't your fault", Dan said.

Tony pulled his arms away. " Not my fault? How can you say that when I did it?", Tony sounded like his anger was getting the best of him.

" Tony, I'm sure it wasn't your fault", Dan said. You just weren't in the right mind. You couldn't control yourself, and It took over. You didn't mean for it to happen, but It did. It was that thing's fault, not yours"

Luna remembered his words. Tony told them to her the first time they were together in Ponyville. He did know what it was like, because he had gone through it. He didn't try to bring eternal night, he killed his own caretaker, his only family. But he didn't react like she did, it was the exact opposite.

" It was my fucking fault! All of them! Herod, Heraj, Agner, Jaqeluu, Fermot, Derekosh, and Eishla! They're all dead because of me!", Tony shouted. " If I was stronger...they'd still be here. I failed them...all of them. And its all my fault!".

Tony buried his face in his hands as he sobbed loudly, Dan rubbing his back. " It's okay kid", Dan soothed him. " Listen, you can stay as long as you need alright? Don't beat yourself up over this, you have to accept that it was Rody, not you".

Tony had no intention of staying, because he knew he would only be putting his friend and his girlfriend at risk. They were brought to a few days later, where Tony was putting a scarlet gem on the couch with a note. He silently looked into Dan's room, where he was cuddled up next to Diane. With one last two-fingered salute, Tony left the house, and for ten years he hunted Jerosh's allies. Becoming stronger and stronger with every battle that left him on the brink.

Each battle left him with something broken, with bite marks and cuts and bruises. They saw him with Netu'ung in the field, then when he crashed, and when they rescued Luna, all through his time in Ponyville, and his visits with Luna. They could hear his thoughts, and they could see his reactions. Luna remembered them clear as day, but now they were something she would cherish.

Because she would never have them again.

The room returned to normal, Tony lying on his bed, the multiple machines connected to him, the door, and the walls. Luna lowered her head in shame, realizing how big of a mistake she had made. She gasped when she heard a strained grunt, and when she turned she saw Tony reaching out to her. She clenched her eyes shut as the tears streamed down her cheeks, and she galloped out of the room.

" Luna!", Celestia called after her.

" Leave her", Minira said softly. " She just needs some time alone".

" But, I don't get it, how did Dan and Tony end up here?", Twilight asked.

" There was a Signa who could make small jumps in time", Minira began. " Jerosh captured him, and absorbed his rites".

" How did he take his powers?", Fluttershy questioned next.

Minira looked off to the side as she explained it. " To absorb another Signa's rites, their bodies must be destroyed, and a rite must be taken from the one taking the rite", Minira explained. " With the ability, Jerosh summoned a massive amount of power and brought him, Reku'un, the Signa he had, the Arthanians and Netu'ung into this time period".

" Wait...so you're saying...this is Earth?", Cadence questioned. Minira nodded, getting all of their eyes to open wider than they were.

" I caught a glimpse of Jerosh's future, and when I saw what he would do, I brought Celestia and Luna nearer to the time period", Minira said. " I would have hoped he wasn't as powerful as he was, or as well coordinated".

" Minira", Jaqeluu called. She turned to the four of them and saw they were beginning to glow.

" Oh no", Minira sighed. " Not yet".

" What? What's happening?", Shining questioned.

Minira's body began to glow brighter as well. " They can't stay here anymore", Discord told them. " They can't stay in this plane any longer".

" You're leaving? You can't leave yet! I have so many questions!", Twilight said as she pushed aside the various scrolls she summoned.

" I know you do Twilight", Minira smiled. " But I must go before my body is stuck here. And Celestia, give your sister some time. She just feels guilty".

" I know", Celestia smiled sadly. " I'll see you in a few million years mother".

Minira's smile was invisible from the blinding light she became. " Then until then, farewell my little ponies", she said with a god-like echo. " And farewell, my children".

The brothers became orbs of white behind the orb that was Minira. The five of them shot out of the room and into the skies, vanishing above the clouds.

Author's Note:

And there we have it, the messed up life of Anthony Lorenshi or as his kind call him, Reku'un Alamonshuor. If you're new and made it this far, remember to like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night.

PreviousChapters Next