• Published 3rd Feb 2013
  • 544 Views, 18 Comments

Moving to Ponyville - Rainbow_Flash



A young pegasus moves to Ponyville.

  • ...
0
 18
 544

Learning to Live

I woke up in the morning to a knock at the door. I pushed off the covers and jumped off my bed, stretching my whole body. Walking sluggishly, I dragged my hooves down the stairs. Grumbling, I opened the door and opened it, only to see a pink blur racing past me. She bounced everywhere, and I groaned. She admired everything in my house- the paintings, the colors, everything! I dragged my hooves to the kitchen, and started brewing a coffee to wake me up. As I did my new morning routine, Pinkie asked me all about what I was doing and why. As if I was ready to answer anything now of all times!

"Will...answer.... need coffee now...." I groaned, watching the brewing coffee intently. Even though I was a major athlete- er, obstacle racer?- I had a hard time getting up in the morning. I mean, how was I expected to do that after hours of training before dusk? The coffee was ready and I grabbed it quickly.

"Hey, why d'you need coffee? Some cupcakes would be much better, and so would apples, chocolate milk, sprinkles, whip cream, cherries, cakes..." Pinkie Pie droned on and on as I gulped down the scalding elixir. It might be a tad bit bad, but it did the trick. As Pinkie annoyingly bounced beside me as I drank, some energy flowed through my body. I turned to her and sighed.

"Why are you...hm.... 'visiting' me today? I am not a morning pony, Pinkie Pie." I said, loosely throwing out words. Of course, I didn't want to offend her. But hopefully today she won't try and push her luck.

"Because I have to make up for yesterday! You forgive me, right?" She said, smiling even wider when I begrudgingly nodded. I have to get away from her fast- but Raindrops will be coming later, so I shouldn't go where I can't keep track of time... I dashed with newfound energy and grabbed a sticky note from a drawer. I also got a pencil and wrote out a note to put on my door for Rainy.

"'If I'm not here, go to orchard." I said, smiling. That was taken care of, now I can ditch this pony. Although, I still don't wanna hurt her feelings. I'll ditch her later, I guess.

"Um, I have to eat breakfast. But since you're here, I thought we should go to a café or something. Want to go?" I asked nervously. Pinkie stopped her bouncing mid-air, and nodded vigorously. She then reached over and pulled me in the tightest hug, well, ever!

"This is going to be the start of a great friendship, Flashy Dash!" She smiled and started dragging me out onto the street.


By now Pinkie had dragged me across town, towards the farm and the apple orchard. I kept saying we passed all the cafés already, but she said there was still one. I kept staring at her, because I checked a complete map of Ponyville and we had passed every café. I don't get why she was doing this, but my stomach by punching itself. Oh well, guess I'll have to ditch her sooner than I thought. I opened and stretched my wings, making sure they were ready for some flying. Then I crouched, although my hooves stood lightly on the soil for a quick take-off. Pinkie turned and saw me dart upwards, yelling to wait. I paid her no heed and spiraled higher and higher. Oh, the excitement! I whooped happily, and continued on to find a race course- the only kind I've ever practiced on. A cloud one- it had the perfect clouds that weren't sticky or fragile and the wind was blowing in my face. I liked these odds.

I beat my wings to a faster pace, and dodged every incoming cloud with a elegant twirl. This course was easy-peesy! I started to do a loop around every cloud, tying in a twirl as I continued to the next cloud. My tricks got trickier and trickier, and then I came to the hardest trick performable for me- my signature Cloud Driller. The next cloud was a slight distance away, and I would have to perform this quicker than I normally did. I hovered in place, and checked the odds here- destroying the cloud, 40%. Drilling through the cloud, 50%. Bouncing off the cloud miserably- 10%. I think I can handle the odds once again.

I smirked, and started flying forwards, twirling and twirling. A slight cone appeared as the wind curled around my body. I could see a spinning picture of a cloud when I squinted my eyes to see. The wind was getting too hard to handle, and I shut my eyes. I then felt a soft yet wet material rubbing my body, and looked to see I was suddenly through the cloud. Behind me, a perfect hoop was floating there. I grinned happily.

"Hi Flashy! It took me forever to find you, but I read the note you left at your house so I realized you were here." She beamed, and I gaped at the... the flying contraption. It had propellers on top that spun when Pinkie pushed at some pedals. This was just, wow!

"Flashers, lets race each other!" She burst out happily. I flew around her machine, studying all its features. I rubbed a yellow hoof on my chin, and spoke.

"How fast can this thing go?" I said.

"Oooo, I don't know! As fast as I can push these pedals." She replied, grinning ever wider. I flew right next to the machine, and looked ahead.

"Race you to that end of the orchard!" I yelled, flying straighter than an arrow. I flapped my wings as fast as I could, and peeked one eye out to check on Pinkie's spot. She was just behind me, and I yelped and flied even faster. My wings were aching now because I pushed them to their limits, but Pinkie was still a few feet away. I wouldn't shake her off my tail...

"Isn't this living, Flash?" She called out to me. That made me grin, and, slowing down next to her, said this.

"It sure is, Pinkie. It sure is."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment