• Published 3rd Feb 2013
  • 544 Views, 18 Comments

Moving to Ponyville - Rainbow_Flash



A young pegasus moves to Ponyville.

  • ...
0
 18
 544

The Train Ride

My wings were flapping wildly, but my saddlebags weighed me down to earth. My wing muscles were aching and throbbing with every flap. The rain stung my eyes, and my hooves were lucky that they didn't slip. My hooves were coated with mud as I ran towards the train station. I saw several unicorns and earth ponies entering the train, their giggles and laughs echoing across the barren, muddy field. Close behind me a strong, caramel-colored stallion towed my small wagon full of things- he seemed to barely break a sweat as he galloped behind me. I heard the train's whistle blow twice and I stomped on the muddy ground even harder. Boy, I didn't expect moving to be so hard! It takes forever to pack, forever to get a moving pony, and forever to get to the train station. WHY, Celestia, WHY couldn't I have gotten a unicorn moving pony?! The wooden building neared, and I sighed with relief. Of course, then the faint spark of hope dimmed.

The station master called out, "All aboard for Ponyville!"

Leaping, I slid on a mud puddle and next to the station panting for breath. I took deep breaths while crawling onto my hooves and gasped, "Wait!" Flashing a ticket, I loaded my wagon of things onto the train. Before I stepped in, the station pony "a-hemed" and pointed at my muddy yellow hooves and belly. Sheepishly, I washed off my hooves in a nearby puddle of rain and rubbed the rest of the mud off at a raincloud. I zipped inside the doorway behind the stationmaster. Soon I heard two whistles screech, and we were chugging along. I walked down the aisle, choosing a plush green seat down at the back and waited. The window was dark and all around the train was muddy grass and small trees. It made me feel gloomy just seeing it.

Buuuut I'm really excited now! I was moving to Ponyville! Now I can finally talk with Raindrops whenever I want, and I've heard weather in Ponyville is great too. They also have a great big library there, the Golden Oaks Library, and nearby is a huge apple orchard. Raindrops told me about it one day in a letter, seeing all the blotches of red underneath her and a small orange blur of a pony. She described it amazingly, made me wish I had been flying over it. Suddenly I was drawn to the window, and the terrain wasn't muddy anymore. Of course, it was still raining but everything seemed....brighter somehow. The trees were a bit more frequent, and they grew larger than the ones back at Dodge Junction. I shuffled through one of my heavy saddlebags and found a picture of me at Flight Camp. Filly-me had just beaten the agility course and earned a cutie mark- one blue lightning bolt. It made me smile seeing it- oh, the memories!

My tiny hummingbird wings were flapping as hard as they could, straining my muscles. I had already finished the cloud bank, where I flew through a misty path. I had my hooves held forward and my head held high, and soon 5 cumulus cloud poles neared. I quickly zipped side to side, spinning around each pole once. I thought I must've been the best filly flying on that agility course ever! I finished with the poles and now one solitary hoop was ahead- the last obstacle. I squinted my eyes and flew as fast as could, hoping to reach it before the 5 minute mark. My wings were quickly slowing down, but I used a small drifting tuft of cloud to push myself off to keep momentum. It worked. I won it, with a time of 4:09- amazing for many fillies in this course. I got a lovely medal, but the best prize was my cutie mark. I had been flying with glee.

"Ponyville Station up ahead!" My eyes jerked back from sleep and I looked for my picture. I stood up so quickly, I fell down because of a bump on the rails. My head on the ground, I looked under my seat and found the picture sitting there. Grabbing it, I stuffed it inside my saddlebag and loaded them on my back. Won't be long now....


Stepping outside onto the bustling train station was a bad idea. Ok, a really bad idea. Ponies shoved to get towards a friend or parent and I found myself pushed around the crowd, like a game of tug-o-war. Colors flashed everywhere and lucky for me, none of them were neon. My eyes would explode if they even glimpsed a neon mane, or a saddlebag, just no neon colors. The ponies were slightly clearing up so I took advantage of this opportunity and ran off the station.

"Phew. That was close. I wonder where Raindrops is, she promised to meet me at the station." Trotting back towards the now thinning crowd, I spied for my BPP. BPP means "Best Pony Pals" which is a phrase Raindrops and I came up with. Very soon I heard a voice call out. "Flash! Oh my Celestia, it is so good to see you!" Raindrops said excitedly. I pranced up to her, which was quite hard because of the weight on my back, and embraced her. "Hey Rainy! It's good to see you too. So, do you know where my house is? Uh, lets see here, its 'Cloud Drive.'" Raindrops quickly beckoned me forward, and I followed her through a maze of streets. We arrived at a giant tree house, and we passed it and cantered to a house nearby. The house was a pale grey, with a beautifully made straw roof. Or whatever that is- it definitely looks like straw. Several bulky ponies stood in front, and were dropping some boxes inside for the owner.

"So Flash, how do you like your new house?" Rainy says, smiling goofily. I trot up to it as the ponies leave, and call out to Raindrops. "Well, I love it so far. Meet me here in an hour and a half for a tour, and don't forget!" Rainy tends to forget things a lot, so I remind her as much as possible. The yellow pegasus waves, and flies off to her home several streets away. I take a deep breath, and trot through the door. The first thing I see is a basic living room, a place to hang out with my friends. I didn't sit and chat with my friends though; I raced them, and did contests. The contests were especially fun since Raindrops was almost my equal. Anyway, there wasn't much else except for a small kitchen and dining area. Walking up the stairs, I go through a blue door and see a bland room with a bed. Two boxes were in there, both labeled: "My Room." I dropped my saddlebags on the floor, and rummaged through one box. I pulled out some pink covers with my blue lightning bolt on them. Spreading it across my bed, I unloaded more items like some silver and bronze medals and one gold trophy.

Soon my room was fully customized and to my liking. I had unpacked my saddlebags and there were only a few other boxes to unload. A tapping from downstairs startled me, and I zoomed down. Raindrops is here! I opened the door and said, "Rainy! You remembered!" There she was, cyan mane and all. I hugged her, and she pulled out a map from a saddlebag. "Map of Ponyville," she explained quickly. We stood there and pointed out huge landmarks, like Sugarcube Corner and Carousel Boutique. Raindrops and I decided to go to the Boutique first to get me a dress for special occasions. Raindrops said we could also get a necklace for each of us. "Okay, I've got my bits Rainy. Lets fly!" We did a mock salute at each other and zoomed upwards, Raindrops telling me about some other ponies she knew. Her other best friend, apparently, was a unicorn named Colgate. She said they couldn't hang out often because they lived on the opposite end of town from each other.

Soon, a prissy looking building appeared in the distance and I snorted. That was way too fancy for a tom-boy like me to handle. Soon a blue pony was streaking our way and my agility training kicked in.

"Out of the way!" I yelled, expertly dodging up and out of the way of the incoming missile. The pony didn't stop to say sorry, but luckily we weren't hit. Raindrops rolled her eyes. "She does this a lot. Rainbow Dash is always out and about." So we steered down for a landing in front of the building, and I gagged at Raindrops. She said it isn't that bad, but it looked like it belonged in Canterlot! We walked through the door, a ringing sound filling the shop. Dresses and mannequins were everywhere and a stylish white unicorn turned towards us.

"Welcome to Carousel Boutique! Today I'm having a sale on some of my best designs." A sale... That was good, because I don't have many bits. She led us to a rack of dresses, showing us which ones would look "lovely" on us. I decided on a blue dress, which was very light (in both meanings). Raindrops chose a pink dress that flowed smoothly over the ground. We made our purchases and didn't bother about the necklaces. I was being choked with fanciness in there! I told Raindrops to call off the tour. I didn't want to see anything else like...that.
-------------------------------------

I waved goodbye to Raindrops through my window and fell onto the couch. What a day. Who knows what would happen tomorrow? I bet it has something to do with a certain pink pony I was told about.....

Author's Note:

Okay, this is my first story on FimFiction and I don't want people to shoot this down. I tried my very best, and lucky for you I'm a spelling freak. Hope you enjoyed the story! :D