• Published 29th Jan 2013
  • 1,415 Views, 24 Comments

Dinky's curiosity. - somepony1



Dinky Hooves is always top of her class, excelling in athletics, and for some reason she has two hearts.

  • ...
1
 24
 1,415

The Flash Back

Dinky always knew she was special somehow. She tried to ask her mother multiple times why she felt special. However, all she ever got from her mother was "because you are a very special filly." Yet that doesn't explain anything to her at all. Why dose she has TWO hearts when everypony else haves ONE. Her mind was in overdrive trying to look back in her past for answers. Then she remembered her yearly check up from the doctor the other month.


The doctor lifted his stethoscope for a final time from the fillies right side of her chest.
"Well Dinky it seems that both your hearts are working just fine." said the cream caramel coated unicorn, "I think"

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing at all" he said while lifting up her chart with his unicorn magic and flip some pages over the top then scribbled something on it. However before he flipped the pages Dinky got a small glimpse at the front. What she saw was her name, gender, and a few other things. However what really got her interest was the big red letters that looks like it was stamped on the whole page saying "CLASSIFIED." She decided to ask him about it.

"Um, Doctor Stables."

"Yes Dinky"

"I was woun-"

Before she was able to ask she got interrupted by the door opening.

"Sorry that I am late doctor" said the mother of the patient, "I had more delivers than I expected and dropped a piano on somepony. SO what did I miss?"

"Nothing much Ms. Hooves I was just finishing up.

"Um where sparkler?"

"She had to leave early something about foalsitting."

"Oh," Derpy's ears perked up blushed heavily, "That's right Sparkler haves foalsitting today and I had to make sure that I got here before she left." Derpy sighed, "well, Doctor Stables I'll like to talk to in private about Dinky."

Doctor Stables closed the chart and said, "sure thing ms. Hooves."

As they were leaving the room Doctor Stables remembered something and ask "Oh, Dinky do you have a question to ask me."

"Um, no doctor not any more." Dinky decided not ask him about why there was a 'CLASSIFIED' word on her chart. Assuming that her mother known about it and probably keeping it a secret to her.

When Doctor Stables and her mother left the room. Dinky sat there listening, despite the fact that they are both outside with the door shut, he can hear both of them very clearly.

"Doctor Stables, how is my little muffin doing?"

"I'm not sure if see fine or not, Ms. Hooves," the Doctor said, "If she was a regular pony then I would have declared her dead ages ago. However, Sense she is special, especially with those two hearts, I don't know how her body functions properly. I think we should ask the Doc-"

"NO!" Derpy shouted louder than what it meant it to be, "We are not asking him." Derpy spoke with disgust.

"But all we need to know is medical information. He doesn't have to see her or you at all."

"You don't know him. He's clever, too clever, clever enough to convince you to see her and who knows what will happen if he see's her."

"How about we-"

"Again NO, we are not talking to him even if after me and Dinky leaves. No, not a day later, or even a year later. He will find a way to see her no matter what will happen if you talk to him. Also if she meets him with no one around then he could do Celestia now's what to her. I can only keep him away from her in public where my friends and family can spot him if he gets close to Dinky. If he talks to her in private then he will Foalnapper her, even my leverage over him won't stop him from doing that if they are alone together."

"But he is the only one who knows everything about her physiology, maybe if we-"

"For the last time NO, we are not asking him. Dinky is MY daughter and she is a pony, NOT whatever HE thinks she is. We are not asking that sick person and that's final."

Doctor Stables took a few moments to let it sink in and said, "Fine, Ms. Hooves, she is your daughter. Thus all of the final decision lies on you."

Derpy, "Thank you, Dr. Stables. Is there anything else I need to know?"

"Besides that Dinky probably heard your rant, no nothing else, I'll see you and Dinky next year." Said Doctor Stables as he left to see another patient. Leaving Derpy behind for her to see her daughter.

As Derpy trot in the room, Dinky asked what they argued about.

Derpy responded with, "We were talking about if we should ask the other doctor for his opinion about a small issue with your health."

"Wait, Which doctor."

"You know doctor Heartbeat, your former doctor when you were a little foal, the one that got convicted for foal molesting."

"Oh, him I can see why you don't want to talk to him." Dinky had very little memory of doctor Heartbeat. Every memory she had of him, her mother was Always there with her. Even her mother stated she was with her for every appointment when she was still a little foal. This was mostly due to a law that every foal that is under the age of 6 he or she must always have a parent or guardian with them. "But what medical issue where you two talking about."

Derpy smiled and said "Oh you know that science medical stuff that we will never understand. Come Along little muffin let go gets some muffins"

"Ok, Mommy."


In hindsight this should have been a clue about her little "truth" about her hearts. Then again there were many other circumstances that are considered abnormal. For example she remembered that one time she made a bet with her upper classmates, Deep Dive, that she can hold her breath longer than her. To most pony it would be impossible to change a Deep Dive to this challenge since she had her cutie mark in diving. However, when they both went under water Deep Dive was only able to stay under for at least one minute, Dinky stayed under for more than six minutes.

That's not even the worst of it there were other times where things happened that she considers abnormal. Once she got a cut her and her blood was darker with an orange tinge to it. She is having only one hour of sleep every night. And Finally she can read books at an unimaginable speed.

The last thought gave her an idea maybe she can exploit this ability and see if she can find anything about who she is in Ponyville Library. Dinky garbed her library books that she finish the previous night and headed straight for the library.

Author's Note:

Sorry that this took so long... If any of you are willing to help me on this to speed up the chapter please send me a message.

My computer is fixed hopefully Ginger has fixed most of the spelling mistakes.

Comments ( 16 )

Short description should say "she has", not "she haves".
Just so ya know.

Interesting story. I want to see where you go with it. Idk if you're planning on going the discorded whooves path or another. Nearly all the fannon shows Derpy being at least friendly towards the Doctor so I'm really curious as to why she feels so differently in this story.

Also check your spelling. You switched haves and has a lot, along with a few other mistakes.

a LOT of grammar mistakes, I suggest having a proof-reader check this stuff out before you publish it, or maybe just go back and fix the obvious mistakes.

2278216>>2278221>>2278230
I know I know. I make these stores late at night plus my computer is broken so I can't use ginger.
Also do any of you know where I can find a proof-reader

"she can read books at an unimaginable speed"
I bet that would make Twilight jealous.

I like this idea, but the grammar is not the best... :twilightsheepish:
As for the link about Gallifreyans......
cheezburger.com/7188424448

2279217

I could proof read for you.

love this story cant wait for the next part

"She is having only one hour of sleep every night."

It says on the Gallifreyan physiology website that time lords only needed 1-4 hours of sleep a night, so may I suggest that maybe once in a while dinky gets one hour of sleep, but most of the time she got little sleep, like 2-4 hours.

So is Dinky the biological daughter of the Doctor, or is she the result of a timelord-pony metacrisis?

There's a few spelling errors here and there,but to be honest,my only problem with this story is that there isn't enough of it! I'm not going to complain,as the author said,updating is hard to do. I hope I can find more stories like this.

MORE CHAPTERS PLZZZz

Still interested in this FYI.
Just in case you thought we weren't
:derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment