• Published 18th Jan 2013
  • 268 Views, 3 Comments

Explorers of Memory - bronyman12345



My eyes open, slowly as if they had the weight of eternity on them. Where am I? Looking around, I see books all around me on shelves and some desks too. I try to sit up, but I fell to the floor instead, making a loud noise in the silence.

  • ...
 3
 268

Section One: Part 2: Life in Ponyville

I am supposed to go practice magic today with Twilight a little ways from town. She didn't want to do it in the library in case I accidentally messed something up. Considering what happened at the Applejack's place, this really was a smart idea.

I made my way to the outskirts of town near the Everfree Forest. There was a clearing wide enough for me to practice my magic, and not potentially mess up the town. In the clearing, Twilight was already there, reading another book. She looked up from her book when I trotted near, “Let's get started.”

During the practice session, Twilight helped me fix some of the problems I was having. “Let the magic flow from your horn, don't stress about squishing the apple, that will squish it. Don't put too little magic on the apple either. That will cause the apple to do nothing. Just think about picking it up with invisible hooves...” She really is a good teacher.

After some time, I perfected the levitation spell. “Good, now pick up that twig,” Twilight instructed. I focused on doing just that, and the twig smoothly floated into the air. She pointed at a rock the size of a filly next to a boulder. How difficult would it be to lift the boulder instead? I focused magic on the boulder, imagining it lift itself and float around. It just came out of the ground with ease, no sweat, no extra thought. That was easy.

“You are strong with your magic. Maybe before you lost your memory, you were a sorcerer or a wizard.” Is this supposed to be strong? This feels easy, this is nothing to me. I put the rock down back where it was and looked around to see if there was anything bigger. Only the houses seem to be large around here, its probably not a good idea to lift a house. “Let's call it a day, Midnight. Tomorrow I can teach you to do some more magic basics.”

“That would be good,” I respond, hoping that I learn all the basics as soon as I can. The sooner the basics are done, the sooner I move onto the more advanced magic. We walked back into town, Twilight having a book in front of her head as she walks. I played the leader role, Twilight somehow following me even though she is captivated by the book.

I walked into town square past the sheriff's office and the town hall. Who is that pony outside the sheriff's office? I've never seen him in town before. I had pretty much seen everypony in this town at least once, I'd know if I haven't seen that pony before. “Hey, Twilight. Who is that pony?” I ask, stopping to point to whom I am referring to. Twilight nearly walked right into me, but stopped just inches from me to turn her head in the direction that I was pointing.

At that time, the pony made his way over to us, looking especially interested in me. He had a blue colored fur, the color of the sky on a clear day, and a greyish blue mane. He had a golden star on his shoulder indicating he is a bounty hunter. Why is he staring at me like that?

“Hey! Midnight! Long time no see!” He said. Twilight faced me, then the other pony again.

“You know Midnight Shadow?” The blue pony turned towards Twilight with a smile from ear to ear.

“Of course I know Midnight. He and I were partners against crime. We had such great adventures together didn't we?” What is he talking about? I don't even like the idea of fighting crime like that!

I looked at his eyes, his deep green eyes. They reminded me of the color of the leaves of the Everfree. “I am sorry to disappoint you, but I don't know who you are. In fact, I hardly know who I am. I lost my memory and woke up here in Ponyville.” He smiled a bit longer before coming to see that I was not joking around.

“Well, I am truly sorry for your loss. I would never let anything happen to you, just know this. Even if you do not remember who I am, you were the greatest friend I ever had.” I don't even know his name, but he is my only connection to my past.

Twilight chimed in, “Hey, maybe you could tell Midnight about himself so he can try to remember who he was before this mess.” She smiled a friendly smile that indicated that she probably wanted to know this information out of extreme curiosity.

The blue pegasus shook his head, “But first, I don't know about you, but I have a long trip ahead of me, and just finished a long trip last night. I would like to eat some food and rest up before we talk. How about you two meet me at Sugar Cube this evening around five or so.”

Sugar Cube Corner is not really a good place to talk in private, but I guess that will do. Whatever floats his boat, I guess.

Daily Journal
Entry Two:

I am still not sure why I am writing these journals, but I will do this just because Twilight wants me to. She is really interested in helping me figure out who I am. I am thankful for her helpfulness to me. She is my closest friend right now, mostly because I don't exactly have friends right now.

That pegasus bounty hunter is a character. His smile today compared to that of Pinkie Pie's smile when she met me. But, I wonder why he would want to wait to tell me what he knows about me. Am I not important enough for him to tell me right then and there? I should probably calm down, maybe he has a good reason for holding back the information until tonight. He said to meet him at Sugar Cube around five, that's in about an hour. I will have to be patient, and hope for the best. Although, he never mentioned his name, some friend he really is.

Comments ( 1 )

Expect something soon, like around the end of March.:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment