• Published 21st Jan 2012
  • 2,515 Views, 24 Comments

The Trials and Tribulations of Tolliker - Tolliker



A series detailing the antics of the Stallions of Ponyville, starring Umber and everpony else.

  • ...
13
 24
 2,515
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 10 )

I'M NOT DEAD. YAY.
Anyhow, I'm rather proud of at least part of this ep. Woo.
Also, this is kind of the lead-in to the overarching plot of seasons 1 and 2. So yeah.

Having a blast with this. Looking very forward to the next chapter.

It's cute, but so slow-paced. :fluttershysad:
Every story needs a few slower chapters but still! After being dead for so long? You're cruel.

Still adorable :heart:

Adorable. That is all

I wish to enjoy this far more than I do. I am honestly telling you this: I wish that I could love this story far, far more than I do.

But I cannot. I stop myself, semi-intentionally. Oh, I must laugh at my reasons and mock myself. It amuses me, so I do have a lighter heart and brighter spirit. But still...

Every stallion, gay. Gay as a Barbra Streisand performance of "Over the Rainbow" in gold lame on Castro Street on October 11th. But that's alright. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, as we all know. That's part of why it is so funny. It tickles me to see it happen. I start laughing before I start reading because I am amused and love it on some level.

But nothing takes the pleasure out of a sweet amusement like bitter gall. I gall myself because I know this is how my own works look to folks that don't think much of Filly Fooler shipping, especially majority Filly Fooler shipping. And it makes so much sense when viewed from outside. And it galls me.

So while I love it, read it often, and enjoy the absurdities, I can't love it as much as I would like because the premise is like a thorn in my side, a pebble in my shoe.

409074
Well sorry, but I'm not changing it.
Not EVERY stallion in this is gay, a lot are pan or some other, I just focus on the m/m because it's easier for me to write and it's what I want to write.

I'm afraid if that's the only reason, than stop reading, it's not going to get any straighter. I'm not going to apologise for it, there is nothing to apologise for, but I'm sorry you let something that simple get in your way of enjoying something.

410556

You misunderstand me completely. Continue as you are, please! I will read, voraciously, eagerly, gladly. I'll keep suggesting it to folk and keep enjoying it on the levels on which I enjoy it.

Please understand I was only expressing a deep inner feeling to explain why I did not love it as much as I could. I still do love it dearly. But I get the twinge of why some folk might not be on board with my fics.

The gayness is fine. The ubiquity is what makes me introspective.

Is 'Pegasi in Equestria' an Angels in America allusion? Also, what's with the handkerchiefs? I'm not even sure how I'd go about googling that one.

519333
It is, and it's funny because I'd actually forgotten it was.
And the handkerchief's are from the hanky code, which is a code used by certain gay establishments to distinguish who's into what sexually.
Just google hanky code, and be aware its NSFW.

520773

Is this fic still alive? I love the comedy and the heartwarmingness, it's one of my guiltiest pleasures.

Login or register to comment