• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 1,224 Views, 16 Comments

Angel and Devil - Shaq-of-All-Trades



One day Fluttershy finds a cute black bunny who looks an awful lot like Angel Bunny...

  • ...
1
 16
 1,224

Surprise Epilogue (Devil's POV)

When I woke up, my head was throbbing. I slowly placed my paw to my heart. It beat faintly. It seemed my weak constitution and anemia had gotten the better of me. Where was I, anyways? And why was my back cold but my tummy warm? I looked around. Everything was white and black, white and black. The world was so blurry, my head began to spin. I closed my eyes and waited for the nausea to fade, when my head began pounding. I place my paw on the spot, and it came away sticky. I looked at it. I was bleeding, or at least, I had bled earlier.

I looked around, suddenly more alert. I noticed I was bobbing up and down. I was moving. Turning my head, I saw a mass of pink hair. Suddenly,everything came back. My brother had tricked me, tricked me as he had held me in his arms. He lied with a smile on his face. And I had fallen for it, because I wanted to believe that my brother, the one who had bonded with me and told me he'd always protect me, was still there. I believed that we could go back to the way things were, before father mysteriously died, and I was found in the forest without memory of what happened.

I tried to move off of Fluttershy, but I was too weak. If only I could move forward just an inch, I'd roll off of her, and I'd be able to hide myself in the snow. We suddenly came to a stop, and I had to take a moment to figure out why. We had arrived in a clearing, and Fluttershy was taking me off of her back. I kept my eyes mostly closed so she'd think I was still unconscious.

"Oh, I'm so sorry about what happened to you, Devil Bunny... Why did you behave like that? Oh, I wish I knew." I was disgusted. This was the creature my brother, my twin brother, had chosen over me. Hatred boiled through me, giving me renewed vigor. I tore out of Fluttershy's grip (???) and grabbed her head. I then looked her dead in the eyes.

I know you can't understand me, I said, But know that I will never, ever forgive you. If it's the last thing I do, I will have my revenge. The bonding mark on my paw began to glow faintly, and Fluttershy's eyes widened.

"I know that mark!" she gasped. I let go of her, and the mark began to fade. I wondered why it had glowed to begin with. Turning my attention back, I glared at Fluttershy, but the pony was already beginning to act giddy. "That's it! If we can perform the bonding ceremony, then I'll be able to understand why you're so angry!"

I looked at the pony with a mixture of confusion, annoyance, and disgust. Bond to a pony? A pony I hated at that? It was ridiculous... but it wasn't too far-fetched. Maybe I had taken things the wrong way. If I bonded with her, then in theory, we'd be able to communicate our feelings to one another. Clearly my brother hadn't simply decided to live with this pony. He had decided to stay because of her though. She was the key to me getting him to return. That meant that if I could reason with her, she might actually help me, despite what had happened.

I nodded, showing that I consented to her idea. She let out a 'squee', and picked me up. She quickly ran back the way we came. "I wonder if I should tell Angel Bunny that you're alright..." she wondered aloud, and when she looked at me, I shook my head. If my plan were to work, he couldn't be allowed to know of my plan beforehand. Besides, I hadn't worked out all the details yet. Something had rekindled in my mind, a memory. I remembered that I had seen my brother fleeing, but I couldn't remember what for. It felt important...

When we arrived back in the town, Fluttershy ran to a large tree. She knocked on it, and another pony opened the door. The pony looked at me and Fluttershy confused, most likely because of the blood. "Uh, Fluttershy? What's been going on?" Fluttershy quickly explained, and the pony looked at me with suspicion. "Are you sure Fluttershy? I think performing some strange magical ritual with a bunny that threatened your life is a bad idea."

"Oh, I'm very sure, Twilight," Fluttershy said. So the pony's name was Twilight, eh? I stored that information, in case it became useful later. "Clearly, there was a misunderstanding between us. When I saw the symbol on her, it reminded me that bunnies are able to perform a special ritual, and it doesn't just apply to them. Unfortunately, they can only do it twice, but she agreed that she'd perform it with me." She quickly switched to a more pleading look. "Please Twilight, I want to know why Devil is so angry. It seems it has something to do with Angel, but I can't tell, and the only one who can perform the ritual is a special bunny or somepony who can use magic."

The purple pony let out a sigh, then nodded. She let us in, and closed the door. While the two looked for whatever it was that contained the ceremony, I sat recovering my energy. An owl brought me a carrot, and I nodded my thanks. As soon as I finished it, the pony's were on me.

"Ok, I found the ritual," Twilight said, reading something. "This is some complicated magic Fluttershy, and it says that it's permanent. Are you sure that you want to go through with this?" She looked at me again, and I had to restrain myself from glowering. Fluttershy nodded, and Twilight began to read the ancient words. I felt the familiar tingle of energy. Twilight's eyes glowed brightly, and she turned to us. "Speak the words of your vows."

"I promise, that I will help you to stop being so angry and alone," Fluttershy told me. I felt my stomach begin to twist. I forced myself to not vomit, and looked her in the eye.

I promise to not hurt you, so long as you don't get in my way, I said. The room grew dimmer, and Twilight grew brighter. I felt the familiar burning as a new symbol of bondage formed on my other arm. I saw that the same symbol formed on Fluttershy's leg, albeit much larger. As soon as they finished forming, the room returned to normal, and Twilight collapsed from exhaustion.

"I... have no idea... how bunnies manage that," she wheezed out.

Easily, considering it is out ritual, I said sarcastically. Fluttershy squeeked.

"I... I can understand you!" Fluttershy said. I raised an eyebrow. Clearly, she hadn't completely believed that this would work.

Yes, it worked, I said, smiling. Now, let's have a little chat...

Comments ( 5 )

CLIFFHANGER!!! *Shakes fist*

noo Flutershy he is evil :pinkiegasp::raritydespair:

1966383 She dummkopf. Its a she.

1965578
I second that emotion! Please tell me there's more to this one on the way! A sequel or something, maybe...? Pweeze? :fluttercry:

2863707
I agree don't just end it like that

Login or register to comment