• Published 13th Jan 2012
  • 1,211 Views, 17 Comments

Sisters Of Fate - BronyPolo



The war is coming, and six sisters much test their loyalties to themselves and their gods.

  • ...
4
 17
 1,211

Seeds Of Discord - Part Two

Twilight sighed once more. She had been staring at the empty page for the best part of an hour now. It was Rarity who had suggested writing a journal, and Twilight liked the idea, but now she had no idea what to write, except the date.

"Just write Twilight, write!" She shouted at herself.

Nothing happened.

Another thirty minutes passed, and Twilight was beginning to fall asleep, her head resting on the candle lit bedroom desk. She needed this distraction, she told herself. Her fathers death was still fresh in her mind, and this would do some her some good to get her mind off it. It had to. She heaved her face from the desk, forcing herself to stay awake. She had to write something before the night was out.

Dear diary

Twilight frowned and scribbled the words out with her quill. She wasent a child anymore, she couldent call this a diary. Dipping her quill into her ink pot once more, she started again.

Dear journal

Much better, she thought to herself.

Today is my first day with this journal, and im not quite sure what to write. I plan on keeping this journal with me for years to come, so i better start thinking now right?

Twilight frowned again. What was she doing? Theres no need to act like this book was her freind, it was just a distraction. She would just write about the past couple of days, then go to bed.

Dizzy's been staying with us for five days and nights now. When Dash found her on the road outside, she was nearly starved to death. We had to take her in, despite her objections. She seems so uncomfortable around us, its weird, but she will stay with us until she is ready to leave. I cant help but feel sorry for her. She told us that she was out picking food from a forest near her home, and when she returned her family had left. They just abandonned her. She wandered the countryside for days with no food or water. Why haddent anyone helped her? Thank Celestia she stumbeld across us. Weve entrusted her to walk freely around the grounds during her stay, afterall shes just a little girl, she's harmless.

Pinkie's barely been seen in days. She's around the grounds im sure, but we just dont know where she goes. We see her get up in the morning, and come home at night. People are beggining to ask where she is at mass. Luna speaks to her regularly according to Rarity and Dash, trying to help her in anyway she can.

Still... Im so worried about her...

Twilight sighed heavily and closed the book. The cover was a soft red material, the symbol of a small baby-like dragon pressed into its surface in gold. She smiled at the symbol. Whoever said dragons have to be scary?

That would do for the night, she told herself. She walked to her bed, curling up in its warm covers, falling asleep almost instantly.

Pinkie sat atop the chapel roof, staring at her freezing breath as it left her mouth. The night air was the coldest she had ever known it to be, but she dident care. The sky was beautiful tonight, thousands of stars shone down on her, and she wouldent miss it for the world. Normaly, she would be grinning like a child at this, but her fathers death had stopped her from any smiling in days.

It dident matter how old she was. She was a little girl who still needed her daddy...

She looked to the ground, tears filling her eyes once more. Her eyes glanced towards one of the old gardens, one of the few things that remained of the original houses grounds. 15 years ago, her bedroom window would have opened up right over its wall. It was in this garden that she spent most of her time when she was a little girl. Childhood memories flooded back into her head. Dancing and playing with her sisters, helping her daddy with the flowers, coming up with her nickname. Pinkie. It had been to long since shed worn a nice pink dress.

The strange girl named Dizzy looked up at the woman, grinning wikedly. She could see that Pinkies eyes were filled with sorrow as she looked down at the ground. Dizzy followed her line of sight to a small garden, enclosed by an old brick wall. She waited in the shadow of the chapel, staring up at Pinkie for what felt like hours until she decided to move. Dizzy was suprised to watch her jump majesticaly down from the roof tiles. Dizzy had rarely seen this sister around the grounds. She noted to keep more of an eye on this one.

The creature was able to read emotions brilliantly. Afterall, it was these emotions that it fed on, that it gained its life force from, and it needed to feed again soon. It could tell that the small garden Pinkie had made her way into was of great importance to her.

The creature grinned again as a plan began to form in its twisted mind. For the first time in five long days, the creature had the chance to create a little discord.

Tears streamed freely down Pinkies face as she looked around the old garden. She could remember so many happy memories just from looking. They were so clear in her mind...

"Daddy!"

"Yes darli-"

Pinkie tipped the contents of her watering can over her suprised fathers face. She giggled and cried with laughter as he turned to face her, his hair dripping down over him.

"Why you!" her father lifted his own watering can and threw it over his mischevious little daughter.

Pinkie squeeled with joy as her father lifted her into the air, spinning her in circles around the garden.

"Yaaay!"

"Pinkie?"

"What daddy?!"

"Seriously woman, wake up."

...Pinkie opened her eyes to find she had fallen asleep in the soft grass of the garden, and she had been dreaming.

"Oh, Pinkie?!"

Her eyes struggled to make out a small shape standing infront of her, about the size of a small child. Suddenly whoever was standing there grabbed her by the throat and lifted her into the air. Was she still dreaming? it felt so real as the night air rushed across her face. It was so dark, she could barely see a thing.

"Sorry darling... But i need to borrow your body for a while. Nothing personal. Ill give it back to you as soon as possible, pinkie promise."

Pinkie gasped for air as the hand clutched tighter. From what she could tell, it was a childs hand, but that couldent be right. Whoever had woken her was montrously strong.

"Your my most favourite annoying sister afterall!"

"D..." Her mind was racing as she recognised the girlish voice. She barely knew the girl, but it was easy to remember a voice like hers. "Dizzy?!"

"Haha... Bingo!"

Pinkie screamed as she bolted upright, the bright light of the sun gleaming down into her squinting eyes. She looked around to find herself outside, leaning against the chapels stone wall. Sighing with relief, she realised she had fallen asleep here, somehow. Frowning, she could remember having a nightmare, but she couldent remember the details.

Then she noticed the strange heat. Frowning, she turned to face the direction of the old garden. As her eyes ajusted to the bright light, she realised with a gasp that it wasent the sun shining over her, it was still the midst of night.

The old garden had been set ablaze, its firey heat was dangerously close to Pinkie. She bolted to her feet, looking around desparetly for something, anything, she could use to put the fire out, but it was no use. She could only watch as her fathers work burned, its grass, leaves and flowers turning to ash.

She fell to her knees. At this point, she dident care if the fire completly swallowed her. She was so confused, but she knew this wasent a dream. She could feel it on her face, in her hands. What had done this?

She lifted her sore hands to the light. They were covered in recent burns and scrapes.

...Had she done this?

"Someone get her out of here!" Jack screamed. She'd gotten out of bed earlier to get a glass of water from the kitchen, when she noticed the fire out of the window. Pinkie was sat on her kness, dangerously close to the raging fire. Rarity and Shy lifted Pinkie to her feet, her arms over their shoulders, and carried her in a rush back to the house. Her head was hung low, her face hidden behind her long ruffeld hair. Dash, Twi and Jack worked for hours trying to extinguish the flamed with buckets of water, but they all knew the garden couldent be saved.

The creature was loving every second of the spectacle. It sat on a distant hillside, a small telescope pressed against its eye. It could see everything so clearly over the grassy fields that surrounded the chapel grounds. This was everything it needed and more. It laughed with manical delight as the girls desparetly tried to extingush the flames it had created.

"Put your back into it! HAHAHA!" It howled, mokingly into the night.

And the best bit about it? It had sewn the seeds of mistrust into the minds of the preists. It knew that all of Equestria followed their every word like sheep to the herder. It had often sat in the chapel during mass, watching in amazement as thousands of people apllauded the six sisters for 'spreading the word', whatever that even means nowdays. All it had to do was create a rift, and tonight it had achived just that. They would accuse Pinkie of setting the garden ablaze, they had to. They would hate her for what she's done. Its plan for the end of the world was comming into fruitation, and this was the first step.

It glanced down from the telescope at its small body. Though it had taken Pinkies whilst it lit the fire, it had to jump back into this girls once it had finished. All this body jumping gave it a headache, but it must remain in this body, just for a little longer. It had sewn its seeds in team Luna, now it was time to mess with Celestia's girls.

The creature mused over its options. It had three sisters to choice from:

Jack: Heastrong and, well, strong. If, by the slightest possiblity the creature was caught, this was not the sister it wanted to mess with. It couldent risk it.

Shy: There wasent much it could get from this one. She was so fragile, it was rediculous.

Twilight: Now, this one it had been keeping an eye on. She seemed to have the strongest connection with the godesses. She also seemed to be the overal leader of the group.

The creature had made its decision, but first it had a plan to create. It leaned back in the grass, brainstorming ideas in its sick mind, whilst the girls still struggled with its fire in the distance.

It dropped the telescope on the ground next to it, and with a flick of its little fingers, it disapeared into a cloud of black smoke. The creature grinned proudly to itself. Its powers were returning after 1000 years. Shouldent be long now, the creature thought to itself. Just a little more chaos and even more of its powers would be restored.

Pinkie sat at the kitchen table, her face buried in her arms. She shuddered lightly with each breath, but made no noise.

Shy and Rarity were standing at the other side of the table, looking at their sister silently. There wasent much to say. Shy was close to tears but Rarity was managing to keep her composure, barely.

"Pinkie..." She muttered silently. There was no response.

Jack, Rarity and Dash joined them a few minutes later. Their faces were covered in ash and their eyes were watering, either from sorrow at the loss of the garden, or from the intense heat of the blaze.

The creature followed close behind Jack, Rarity and Dash as they silently made their way up the road to their house. They were irradiating sadness and hate, and it was basking in it. After they entered the house through the kitchen door, it stood silently outside.

Dizzy pressed her ears up against the white door, desperatly trying to hear sounds of shouting or crying. Any second now, she thought to herself...

There were none. She frowned. Surely by now they would be screaming at Pinkie for the terrible thing she had done. She waited a few more minutes. Still, no sounds. What was going on? Had they left the kitchen? She was sure she could see their shadows under the door. She stood from her kneeling position, regained her composture, and entered the kitchen.

"Uh, girls, whats happe-"

The creature couldent belive its eyes. This wasent possible. It had burned their family memories to the ground and framed one of their own perfectly. How could they be doing this?

It could only watch in agony as her sisters surrounded Pinkie in a warm and loving embrace, each of the crying softly as they placed their hands on her shoulders and brought her into a big hug.

"Whatever happened Pinkie, we dont blame you."

No.

"Yhea sis'. It wasent you, whatever you say."

No.

"We all love you Pinkie, no matter what."

NO!

Dizzy backed out of the doorway, tripping and falling into the dust of the ground as she wandered blindly. No. This wasent happening. There was no way! She lifted herself from the ground, sprinting away into the night.

It had all been ruined! Was there nothing it could do to break these sisters appart?

...no.

Dear Journal

Tonight, something tragic happened. The old garden, where we spent most of our time together when we were kids, has been burned to the ground. What happened exactly, we cant be sure. Pinkie keeps saying its her fault, that she did it. But nothing she says can convince me it was her. She loved that place more than any of us. Our daddy built it with his own hands. She couldent have done anything like this.

She is my sister. No matter what, i love her.

- Twilight

"No, no, no, no, NO!" Dizzy screamed again and again. Dawn was breaking, and for the whole night she had been pacing back and forth around the grassy countryside.

This was just a setback, the creature kept telling itself. There was no way that the sisters could best it. They could not stop it from having its revenge.

Enough. It was tired of this childs body. It wanted to move on, move back into its orginal form. It could do it right now, pull itself from this tiny body like blood from a wound... but it could not yet. True, after it burned the garden down it had gained enough power to do so from the emotions of the women. It needed a new plan first though, and it would use this disguise just a little longer.

"Ill just have to take the gloves off it seems..."

Dizzy grinned wickedly as she turned to face the sisters house. The sun was beginning to rise over it, and it wouldent be long before Dash would begin to make her way to town.

Everything would continue as planned. Nothing had changed. Twilight was still the target.

Comments ( 6 )

134389 Just read through. You've got a good story premise here, but you should seriously consider stopping now and redoing the previous chapters before moving on.

You should review the proper use of apostrophes. For example, instead of "couldent", you would use "couldn't". Somewhat related, but you shouldn't be using an "e" in any of those words, either. This is frequent and noticeable enough that any immersion in the story is lost; every time I see a "dident" or "couldent", I'm forced to pause for a moment, and that's enough to kill the flow.

You've also got spelling errors galore, such as "mearly" and "depply", and uncapitalized I's, which Valaris has already mentioned.

While the general story is interesting so far, I can't really give my comments on it for the aforementioned reasons. Therefore, a 3/5 from me for an interesting premise, and overall story, but a simply atrocious amount of typos and grammatical errors.

152990

Thank you for taking the time to stop me from my spelling rampage, videocrazy

Looks like i need to go back to english lessons! I really should know this stuff. But seriously, ill be taking the time to change my silly mistakes. Thanks again for pointing them out. Helps allot :pinkiehappy:

153203

You're welcome. I don't mean to be offensive, it's just that frequent noticable errors like those kill my enjoyment of a story.

If you can, find a pre-reader, they can help with both spelling and grammar, as well as structure and story flow.

Finaly got my computer and time back together, but after watching that last episode with the changelings I've lost all insperation for this fic. Still, it's been a learning experince! Thanks for the feedback, those who gave it :heart:

498249 You start something, and must finish it. I don't care if you've lost inspiration, but know that there are others who want to know how it ends, written by YOU AND YOU ALONE!

This fanfic has humanized ponies, right? It's not just the the picture that implies this?

Login or register to comment