• Published 13th Jan 2012
  • 1,211 Views, 17 Comments

Sisters Of Fate - BronyPolo



The war is coming, and six sisters much test their loyalties to themselves and their gods.

  • ...
4
 17
 1,211

Destiny Realised

The dusty hall echoed with the tearful whimpers of Dash and Jack.

"Where are you?!" Twilight screamed.

"Do- dont look Dash..." she heard Jack cry. "Dont look..."

It was a relief to hear they were alive, but Jack sounded so scared. It was hard to pinpoint where the crying was coming from. The hall was much bigger than Twilight orignaly thought, the roof arching high above them. The hole was lucky enough to have opened on a lower section, saving them from serious injury. It wasn't long before Pinkie, Rairty and Shy plummited down after Twilight, landing safely behind her.

"Did you find them?" Rairty asked in a panic. "Are they ok?"

"I can hear them... Its just so dark in here-"

"Their... Pretty..." Pinkie interupted. Twilight frowned, ignoring her eccentric sister. She was busy fumbling with the candle and match she snatched from her room, when Pinkie skipped down further into the hall, into the darkness.

"Pinkie!" Rarity screamed. "Dont go!" Twilight jumped at the screaming and let the match slip from her fingers.

"Go after her!" Twilight turned to Raity and Shy. "Stay together. Im gonna get this match lit. When you see the candle, come back toward the light and we'll wait for daddy here." Raity nodded, but Shy whimperd.

"We cant leave you alone here Twi..." Twilight smiled. Shy was terrified, but she never stopped thinking of her freinds safety.

"Ill be fine sis. Just come back when you find them." Shy had little chance to argue when Rarity grabbed her by the arm again and ran into the darkness with her, following Pinkie's direction.

Twilight struggled on her knees, searching desperatly through dirt and debris from the roof, scraping her nails on the cold stone floor. She needed the candle light. She felt suffocated by the darkness around her, even the faintest of lights would give her the hope she needed to go on. She was practicaly blind, only the moon provided a circle of dim light through the rip in the roof. Her thoughts led to her father. He must have heard the crash of the roof, the screaming of his daughters. It wouldent be long before he worked out what had happend and come to their rescue, right? Anyone else might have waited for him in the first place, but that wasent the way these little girls would think. Theyd spent all of their lives together, barely a moment apart. They never went to school, their father taught them at home, so the knew no other freinds and never had much need to leave the grounds of their home. When one was in danger, the others would do anything in their power to help them. Her attention was drawn to the faint noise of giggleing, somewhere in the hall. She was sure it was Pinkie. Twilight had always known Pinkie for her 'randomnes' but at times like this, she knew something else must be wrong with her. "Found it!" She raised the small match up to make sure, before scraping it along the floor. Relief filled her heart - this was all she needed. She lifted herself from the ground, turning.

"Girls! Get back over-"

Thats when Twilight saw them. As she turned, she caught a terrifing glympse of two burning pairs of eyes in the distant dark. The girls werent alone. She wanted to scream, but couldent find her voice. Her head was pounding hard now. Twilight let the match and candle fall from her hands, her mind now fixated on the sight. As the lit match made contact with the floor, a new light appeared. A single line of magical light cut straight down the middle of the stone floor illuminating the room. The hall must, a long time ago, have been of grand arcitecture. Grand carvings and paint blissed the walls and ceiling, all old and faded. It was hard to belive the family had been living next to this amazing place all these years. Following the line of light across the floor led up a small set of stone steps to a raised part of the ground, and toward the source of the eyes.

At the end of the hall, on the left side of the line of light, stood an dazling golden statue. The statue was of a beautiful woman covered in shining robes her shoulder length hair equaly stunning. In her right hand, raised in the air, she was holding what appeared to be the sun in her palm. Her face was smiling and filled Twilight with a warmth, making all her fears dissapear for a moment. A warm golden fire burned in each of her eyes.

Standing opposite to this statue, on the right side of the line, stood another. This statue was smaller in size and made of silver. It dipicated a small girl with long locks of metal like hair resting in the curve of a cresent moon, her back to the other statue. Perched on the girls raised right hand was a raven. The girls face seemed sorrowfull and sad, a single silver tear running down her cheek. Its eyes burned a cold blueish light.

"Why are you so sad?" Pinkie was at the bottom of the the steps staring up at the silver girl. Pinkie was sobing, tears running freely down her face. "Why dont you smile..."

"Pinkie... Get away from it..." Twilight pleaded.

"But i want to make her smile, like the pretty lady is..." Pinkie burst into cries of sorrow and fell to her knees, cradleing her face in her hands.

Twilight snapped back to attention. Looking around for her other sisters, she spotted Jack and Dash. They were still cowering on the floor, heads buried in each other, refusing to look up. She could see they werent harmed, which made her feel a little safer. She was still catious of the place. She couldent shake the feeling that the statues were alive and watching them, waiting.

"Girls..." Twilight walked up to Jack and Dash placing her hands on their shivering shoulders. "I think its ok. You dont have to be scared anymore, were all here now." They looked up at her, tears streaming down their faces. Twilight gave them a reassuring smile, before looking around for Shy and Rarity. Rarity stood behind the sobbing Pinkie, whispering to her, trying to calm her down. Twilight could see that the silver statue had moved both of them somehow, as Rarity was also close to tears. Shy on the other hand was standing infront of the golden statue, looking up into the womans face. She was in a trance, smiling and laughing lightly.

"We are not to be feared. Please. Come to us."

The voice dident belong to the girls. Infact, it wasent a voice, but two voices speaking in perfect unison that boomed through the hall. Dash and Jack stood up from the floor, staring in amazement. They walked past Twilight, answering to their call. Twilight reached out to stop them.

"Please, we will not harm any of them. Why do you fear us?"

"You scared us... You scared us so much..." Twilight struggled to hold back tears, keeping her head down. She was the only one who seemed not to be entranced by the statues, but it was taking all of her effort not to look at them. "Who are you?! What do you want from us?!" Twilight demanded.

"We will not harm you. Come to us."

"Stop saying that! Your lying! Look at my sisters... Youve done something to them..."

"Twi... Its so beautiful... Come here..." Jack said. By now, Twilights five siblings had split appart. Pinkie, Rarity and Dash had moved infront of the silver statue and stared up at it with obssesion, whereas Jack and Shy were at the golden one.

"You know who we are, dont you?" It was true. She was trying to deny it, but they were just like from her fathers story.

"C-Celestia and Luna. But i dont understand... What do you want from us?"

"These objects we use - these statues - are needed to communicate with humans. They are conduits between us and Equestria. Its has been thousands of years since anyone has been able to use them. It takes a certain kind of human to use these conduits properly, a kind of human that hasent been chossen in centuries. We have chosen you, and your sisters, to speak with us. Do you need to know more, or shall we begin?" Twilight was so confused. She had so many questions. Why should they trust them? Why now? Begin what?

"Please... Trust us. Look into our eyes, and everything will be ok." Twilight slowly and reluctantly raised her head.

"You six have been chosen to pass our word throughout Equestria." The voices addressed every sister now. Twilight had fell into their trance, and now joined line alongside Shy and Jack, staring into the golden set of eyes. Twilight wondered again, why now? No one had heard directly from Celestia and Luna in tousands of years, or so her father said. "We feel this world needs our guidance again." The voices answered, as if reading Twilights mind. "Troublesome times lie ahead in the years to come. We have had visions of the end, an Equestria in ruin. What causes this remains uncertain." Twilight shivered a little at this. "Due to this, we have decided to make contact again, and you girls have been chossen."

"Chosen for what?" Twilight asked. "What exactly do you want us to do?"

There was a pause. "You suprise us, young one. Our past follwers would be deep under our spell at this point, yet you demand answers from us at will?"

"I-im sorry..."

"Please, it is fine. We respect your resilence to us." The little girl strugled not to beam with pride. "We would ask that you six become our emmisaries, our preists, if you will. We would ask that you travel through Equestria, passing on our words of faith for years to come. We will not force you, but we fear you girls may be the only ones who will be able to hear us at the present. There is something special about each of you, something that has given you all the ability to hear our voice-"

"Ill do it! Anything to make you smile!" Pinkie interupted, jumping happiliy in the air. Twilight was shocked. Not only was Pinkie speaking and jumping, she had just interupted a goddess.

"Another one who is able to resist us to a degree. This is good. We would now like to adress some of you personaly, if we have permission?"

Twilight was aware it was a dream she was in, but she dident care. She drifted happily in a slumber along with Shy and Jack.

"Girls, wake up." A soft voice whispered. The three sat up, wipeing sleep from their eyes, to find they were lying in the midst of the most beautiful medow they had ever seen. The sun cascaded over the green and glimering lakes and rivers could be seen in the distance. They had woken in the cool shade of a beautiful oak tree, and sitting with them was Celestia. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of pink, and her colorful hair was flowing magesticaly with the breeze. She was smiling that same warm smile from her statue. Twilight couldent help but think of her as a mother, one that had been absent during her entire life.

"M-mommy?" Muttering those words, it seemed Shy felt the same.

"Im sorry children, but i am not your mother." She embraced the girls in her arms, filling them with a motherly warmth like nothing they had felt in their lives. The three little girls wept into her for a while, before Celestia broke the hug.

"I have brought you here, to my world, to ask a favour of you all." She said, looking into their eyes. "Will you three be my preists of sun?" A lengthly pause followed. "Im sure you must have many questions, but please-"

"Yes!" Jack, Shy and Twilight all screamed at once. They dident care what it meant to be her preists. At this point, they would do anything that she asked of them. In their eyes, she WAS the mother they never had, even if they knew it not to be true. They all burst into laughter for a while. This was the happiest moment of the girls lives, and if being Celestias preists meant that they could speak with her again, they would lay down their lives for her.

"I am sorry girls but you must leave soon. The longer you remain here, the harder it is for me to keep up the spell." The girls looked to her, nearly close to tears. They dident want to leave. They wanted to stay, even if just for a moment longer.

"Jack, you are one of immense courage. I can see this in you heart and mind, and you must know that their is nothing in Equestria that can truely harm you. I bestow to you the element of honesty, the element that will guide you on your path."

"Shy, in you heart i see nothing but kindness. You care only for your freinds safety, even at the worst of times. I bestow to you the element of kindness."

"And Twilight. To you i bestow my own element, the element of magic. May it be that match you seek, when in the darkest of times." And with that, it felt like the girls were being pulled away, pulled back into the real world.

Pinkie, Dash and Rarity woke with a start. It felt they had woken unaturaly, as their eyes opened to the night sky still hanging above them. Thousands of stars glittered its surface, and commets shot across it like glimering fireworks. The rocky floor was hard and grey like the moon, but the girls dident care. They were so astonished by the spectacle, they hadent noticed the fourth little girl, sitting along side them. This girls hair was long and dark, and she was wearing elegant black and silver robes. She sat there silently for a while, watching the girls cew and gasp at her sky.

"It fills my heart with joy knowing that my skies are still looked upon." She lowered her head as the girls turned to face her, either in fear or humility.

"You made this? Its so beautiful..." Rarity said. Luna felt pride at this. She grew tired of her work with the night at times, but things like this kept her going. So much work went into the skies she made, and few people were ever awake to see them.

"I have brought you to my night world to make a request. You three girls seemed the most appropriate out of the six. I would request-"

"Hey, your the sad silver girl" Pinkie noted, interupting a goddess for the second time in a day. Luna lowered her head further. "Why are you sad... Doesent your sister make you happy?".

"Pinkie! Shes trying to speak to us." Dash silenced Pinkie at once. Luna never realised that she was depicated by mortals in this way, but it was true. It is said that it is Luna's tears that make the rain fall on Equestria, and no one knows why she is crying.

"I cannot let you children remain here for long, so please, listen. I am in need of moon preists once again on Equestria, and you three girls seem adiquate." Luna paused to let the girls think about the idea, when Pinkie jumped to her feet.

"Why ofcource i will, silly! Im not really sure what a 'moon preist' is, but i really want to make you smile!" Luna was taken aback by this. Never had a mortal acted so informal to her, and never had one showed her such unrestrained kindness. Rarity looked toward Dash. Both smiling, they nodded in agreement.

"It is settled then..." Luna stedied her thoughts before continuing.

"Rarity, in you i see a need to help other mortals. To you, i bestow the element of generosity. May it guide your pure heart on its path."

"Dash, in you i see a feirce loyalty to your freinds and family. To you, i bestow the element of loyalty, a beacon of hope, that may help you and your freinds in times of need."

"Yay presents! What do i get?!" Pinkie squeled at great speed. Luna smiled slightly. "Was that a smile i saw?" Pinkie and the girls were giggleing, when Luna spoke again.

"Pinkie... i dont need to look into you to know what element is yours. To you, i bestow the element of laughter. May you help others in their times of need."

With that, Luna looked up at them for the first time. Her purple eyes were full of tears, but she was smiling with warmth. "Thank you".

"Girls! Are you in there?! Are you ok?!" Its was the faint sound of their fathers voice that woke the children from their lengthly slumber. He was throwing himself at the sealed wooden doors at the front of the chapel, when Twilight responded.

"Its ok daddy... Were fine." She looked around the hall once again. The line of magic in the floor remained, but the glow of the statues eyes were gone. Something tugged around her neck. Curiously, she raised it toward the light. On a string around her neck was a small shard like crystal that glew faintly.

"This is pretty!" Pinkie's voice startled Twilight. She was standing now, looking into a simular looking crystal. She let the crystal fall loose around her neck before shouting "Thank you miss Luna!" Everyone of the sisters found they had recived a crystal, something they could only assume were the elements the twins spoke of. None of them knew what they meant or did, but they dident care. They were gifts from their new freinds, and thats all that mattered, in the moment.

Their father ran and bashed his shoulder against the door again and again. It was pooring with rain, and dawn was approaching, but he dident stop to watch the sun rise. It wasent long before the girls father had made his way through the door. Sprinting into the hall, he screamed at his children.

"Are you ok?!" Twilight turned to face him. He was suprised to see her smiling warmly, fresh tears streaming down her face.

"Weve never been better, daddy."