• Published 4th Dec 2012
  • 363 Views, 3 Comments

The Tael of Tales. - TheTimberWolffe



A compilation of short stories by TheTimberWolffe

  • ...
 3
 363

Books

"BOOKS! I NEED MORE BOOKS!" Twilight yelled, as she ran around the Canterlot Library. Spike was chasing after her, apologizing to all the librarians and assistants as Twilight went on a knowledge rampage, tearing books off shelf after shelf, teleporting them into her pocket dimension where she kept her most prized possessions, including a checklist of all the checklists of checklists she'd ever made.

"Twilight! Stop! We already have plenty of books back in the treebrary! We don't need to invade Canterlot!" Spike yelled, Owlouiscious following close behind. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy stood there, mouths agape, watching the pony they know as Twilight Sparkle, prized student of Princess Celestia tear a library apart. Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, was playing in a mountain of books that an insane Sparkle had toppled moments before.

Meanwhile in Canterlot Castle, Princess Celestia was having a nice cup of tea with Princess Luna, when a royal guard came bursting through the door, causing Celestia to splash scalding hot tea all over her maid.
"eh, she'll live" Celestia stated, as the guard caught his breath. Turning to the guard, Celestia gave him a stone hard glare.
"What is the meaning of this interruption? Can you not see it is the Royal Tea break!?" she yelled at him.

The guard, falling to his face in a bow and apologizing profusely, breathed out what can only be described as a poor attempt at a warning of the cataclysmic destruction occurring in the library not a 10 minutes walk away.
"Twilight Sparkle...books...destruction...library" was all he could get out, before dying of exhaustion right there on the floor.
Celestia looked down at the guard in disgust.
"Ugh, how dare he die on the floor. Lock him in the dungeon." she said, before nodding to Luna. A motion which, to a normal pony, would have said "I'm going out for a bit", but to the Royal sisters, it said "I swear to Faust if that troublesome mare is tearing my library apart on some sort of rampage for books I'm sending her to the moon for a million years."

And so it was that Twilight Sparkle got sent to the moon for a million years and all her friends too, for not attempting to stop her. Owlouiscious was allowed to stay because he's a pretty cool owl, and Luna started having tea parties with the dead guard in their dungeon because she has no friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm insane. Sue me.

Comments ( 2 )

1736506
I never said that they were books, I said it's a compilation of short stories I'll make when I'm bored or stuck in a creative rut. If you read the author's notes I asked you to point out my errors so I can fix them, not just tell me they exist.

1736551
See: Description

Login or register to comment