• Published 9th Dec 2012
  • 1,286 Views, 18 Comments

Run - Run

  • ...
1
 18
 1,286

Enemy

An hour has almost passed since the man has shot the black creation. It was still lying in the back of the van, staring at the windscreen, the soldier hadn't payed any attention to it since then, just focusing on the dirt road ahead of him, scanning for hostiles or civilization.

The dark creature, with great courage, scrambled up and walked up to the passenger seat, hopping up and sitting down on its rump, it didn't dare to look at the man, out of fear. The Marine gave the little animal a quick glance, it was sitting just like a cat or dog would. Maybe it felt safe if anything else attacked him, the marine could protect it, maybe.

Without anything else to do, the soldier let go of the steering wheel, it was a straight road ahead, no bumps or curves, he kept his foot on the pedal, the van driving at an about forty miles per hour. He disengaged the rifle from his back and brought it up to his lap; a KS V Bullpup bolt action sniper rifle, an adjustable, powerful 4.5x zoom in scope, and a short barrel, perfect for close quarter combat. A short five round magazine, proving that a skilled man would not need to use the entire clip for one target. He never liked the standard issue M24 rifles, he felt like it was a common weapon, easy to use.

He grabbed the bolt on the side, twisted it up and pulled back, revealing a brand new, shiny .308 Winchester round in the barrel, he adjusted the bolt into its position and removed the magazine; it was filled with more .308 Winchester rounds to the top, five maximum, so that would mean six rounds for him. He slid it back, smacked it in with his palm for insurance. His main weapon ready and stable, he felt a comfortable feeling of security.

Gripping the wheel again, he strained his eyes on the flat road ahead of him, surely, there must be something in this vast expanse of woods.

But... nothing, twenty minutes passed, still nothing, the fuel gauge was already pointing at 'E.' It was beginning to worry the soldier, and the animal, too. When the creature came into mind, when the Marine looked sideways, the creature was curled up, eyes closed; it was sleeping.

Shaking his head, the man pushed the pedal to the floor of the van, now driving at its maximal speed at eighty five miles per hour.

-

The soldier, now completely exhausted and drained of his energy, started to slip in and out of consciousness. One he was trying to concentrate on the road, next he was slumped on the seat, napping.

But before any kind of accident has happened, the Volkswagen had finally run out of diesel, the engine rumbling angrily and shutting down by itself when it couldn't even run on idle, the van's wheels slowly coming to a full stop in the middle of the expansive forest, though, there were no more trees, just a vast field of fresh, cow munched grass. The black animal had woken up, hastily nudging the Marine's shoulder with its smooth, round muzzle. The Marine stirred away, grabbing the wheel with one hand for support as he lifted himself up from the seat, panning his head to the right, looking out in the window, well, not out, because the window was all covered by wet mud, all of the windows, even the windscreen.

"What the hell happened?" the Marine asked, no one in particular. He felt a bump on his leg, looking down, he saw the black creature staring up at him with a frown, "What?" the soldier demanded, the animal bumped his leg again, the frown deepening, "What do you want?" the black thing shifted its head towards the back side door; it was sliding open.

The door was opening.

He pushed the animal aside, quickly reaching for his little pistol, steadying aim, crouching down. When the door was halfway open, he saw a soldier, not one of his own, but the enemy. The Russian troop was carrying a light looking AKS-74U with a shoulder sling, the trooper was also donning on a dark red coat and a kevlar vest strapped to his chest, a black beanie hat sat on his head. The enemy soldier was shocked when two bullets pierced his blue eyeball and neck, completely destroying his respiratory system and brain, he fell to the ground quickly, fresh blood pouring out on the dirt road. Immediately another one of the fallen troop's 'comrades' came rushing to the van, but he, too, got taken down by a rapid burst of two bullets.

Two dead bodies now lay at the side of the van, surely, if there was an enemy convoy or squad, they would've seen them, or heard the shots. But not a single person came into view for the next five minutes. Feeling safe enough to step out and explore, the Marine quickly stood up and raced outside, only to be smacked in the back of the head with the butt of a very heavy rifle; he fell to the ground, face first, dropping his pistol, something grabbed his shoulders and turned him around; it was the trooper that smacked him, he saw the light machine gun on the floor, an RPD with a full drum magazine. The Russian man started shouting something in his language at the Marine. The yelling stopped from the Russian when a knife penetrated his aorta, large amounts of blood began spurting and squirting out as he fell sideways to the ground. Standing up, the Marine coughed up blood, but, disgustingly, the blood splashed on the inside of the tight camouflaged shegmah. He reached behind his head and felt for any damage, unluckily, there was a tiny indent in the back of his skull, it felt uncomfortable, as if the bone was touching his brain tissue inside.

The Marine started pacing around, if they were found once, they will be found twice. He had to get out of here now, away from this forest and somewhere else, somewhere safe. Sighing, he leaned back on the van, closing his eyes and lifting his head up to the sun. It felt nice on his eyelids and arms, warm and fuzzy.

Snapping out of that, he donned on a pair of dark shades on his eyes, seeing through the tinted acrylic material, he mounted the van and slid the door closed. Shame that the van had no fuel in it, now he had to walk it. Stepping out, he was greeted by the little black animal thingy, it was staring at him, again. The Marine cocked his head to the side, glaring at it from behind his glasses before slinging his sniper rifle from his back, grabbing it in his hands, starting a fast walk. Surprisingly, the animal followed along.

-

"Y'know, I should probably call you Jeff, fits you, right? You look... Jeff-ish. What do you think?" the man chuckled, giving a light smile to 'Jeff' from behind the mask, "I'm Lee, by the way," he said, not even thinking of why the animal would need to know his name.

As they traveled, time flew past quickly, the sun was completely set, the Earth now cast over in a dark shade. Bright, twinkly stars floated above. Other galaxies, Lee thought. The wonders of what those galaxies could contain.

The night air was starting to get crispy, biting the Marine's exposed skin with cold, and Jeff's too, probably, his hide looked like it could deflect bullets; sadly, it couldn't. Now the soldier had doubts if he should have stayed in the van and wait for someone to come, only Russians did, it was too dangerous to be there. Plus, Lee had problems with dead guys; he didn't like corpses, is if they would come back to life and eat him.

"Hey, Jeff, do you think we'll get somewhere soon? It's freezing tonight," Lee looked down at the creature next to him, it stared up, expressionless, "...yeah, you... can't talk, forgot."

They eventually had to come up with something.

"The fuck, where are we? Where is everything?!" Lee screamed, frustrated to the max. Up until now nothing had up to them, nothing. It was like they were in an ancient forgotten desert. This has gone long enough, Lee brought up the scope from his rifle up to his eye and looked through, adjusting the scope to its maximum zoom in capacity; he began side stepping left and right, going back and forth, shifting the rifle in all directions.

And then, as he was almost about to bring down the rifle, he noticed a tiny bulge on the edge of the dark horizon, it was glowing, slightly. Surely, he wasn't hallucinating, Jeff was too focusing on that glowing blob in the distance.

Lee calmed down, sighing, patting Jeff's head, "That's our next destination, boy... or girl, whatever," he turned away, chuckling.

Author's Note:

Really sorry for the chapter's shortness.

Comments ( 4 )

1781392 Ahem, i don't want to sound like a bitch, but the Beretta M9 was featured in MW2, please get your facts straight.
Now, keep in mind, im not some XxXXxSwaGCODCfagxXXxX alright? i don't even play call of duty. but if you are not referring to the pistol, much rather the knife, it is in black ops as well. also in Battle field 3. again, i don't even play video games.

Hi

IlMOAR!!!:flutterrage:

Not my kind of story because of basic American thought that a Marine could take out several Russian troops. Your soldiers aren't superheroes, this isn't a video game where you heal instantly. He was hit with a gun stock on the back of his head but he manages to stab the soldier in the neck while he is stunned and on the ground? haha Russian soldiers are highly trained and aren't the taliban which is the only real enemy America has faced since WW2. Keep the thumb though.

Login or register to comment