• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 1,088 Views, 20 Comments

Taking Flight - A PrinceWhateverer-Inspired Story - xCrossx



Soarin remembers how the Wonderbolts came to be the best fliers in Equestria.

  • ...
2
 20
 1,088

Epilouge: The Truth Hurts

The winners push their way out of the crowd and over to us. When they speak this time, it's not in their Canterlot voices, but it's still rather deep and commanding.

"Do you have anything to say for yourselves, Wonderbolts?" the leader asks.

"You've won. You've beaten the best. Our fall has come." I hesitate as he nods firmly. "I just want to know how you did it."

"Hard training the real way." He turns to the crowd watching. "Go! The show is over; you have no business here!" The crowd hesitates. "GO!" comes the Canterlot voice, sending them running.
Once they are gone, I ask them, "Who are you? And how do you know our secrets?"

"We are the Shadowbolts, formed by Princess Luna to end the lies of the Wonderbolts. The Princess offered us to be her Wonderbolts, then tasked us to be good enough to beat you because you are liars and tools, using cheap methods to be the best."

Right at that moment, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia, the former looking stern, even angry, the latter looking remorseful, descend and land next to us. We gape and bow to them. "Rise, my little ponies," comes Celestia's majestic yet now-grim voice. We rise. "We are here to tell you the full story. And to ask for your help."

And they did tell us of how she had used unsafe magic and other stuff on us, and then moved on to pegasi in cloud-cities and even to normal ground-based schools. They wanted us to find her and bring her in as our last valiant act, an act to redeem our cowardice, imposed by the magics abused on us.

Two teams of Wonderbolts left after studying the files the unicorn had left behind. We searched for a long while before finding her running from what ended up being her current facility. And the Princesses ensured justice was met. But that also involved us. We were disgraced in front of a court and then let go as normal ponies without a home. We couldn't be royal guests anymore.

I wish I could tell you it went uphill after that, but it didn't. We were rejected for years. Almost nopony let us into anywhere. Only the kindest accepted us. That was barely enough. Now, ten years later, we have finally found peace. It's not comfortable or happy, but it's peace nonetheless. This is how our story ends.

Comments ( 15 )

1538623 Tell that to PrinceWhateverer, musician of Taking Flight and requester of the art, and that guy who did it for him (and other future pics for future videos by PrinceWhateverer), not me.

1538621 Chapters 3-5 are going to be redone; I kinda died with them. But was definately in with Chapter 1 and Chapter 2, and I started to go too far with Epilogue before I went and "dumbed it down" to telling. It's not meant to be a long story since it's based off a song fully (except the Epilogue).

OK, OK. The chapters may be short but I just liked you for now. I will see where this goes. I'm tracking this story. Does this sound good enough? :twilightsmile:

1539485 I was just informing her of the situation. Any ideas anyone could give for improving Ch 3-5 would be great, by the way.

1538623

Never dumb a story down. I'm saying this with the best intention. A lot of intelligent people won't read anything too easy. Also, try to promote the story with any placeit fits into. You know, for maximum coverage.

1549340 The way I was going with the Epilogue would have killed it. It was utterly LAME and didn't fit the Princesses. As with Chapters 3-5, it's just a matter of slipping out of the amazing groove and thus they aren't what they can be.

1556616 That's me simply transfering from writing to FiMfiction, which has no autocorrection system. But some things get fixed by Word, which I am using to make printed copies of my stories, so they will kinda be fixed when I am done and copypasta from Word to FiMfiction.

1702820 It's all completed, for the most part. I will likely come back to it and flesh it out a TON more before handing it over to the public to email me their own changes.

Just finished. It was a good, short, simple read. I feel that it could definitely be made into a longer more detailed story, and have a great future as a possible series of fics about the wonder bolts and their secret missions for the princesses. Lots of potential here if you have the time and patience to really give it the effort it would need to be awesome. Good job though, even if it was a bit too... rushed.

1704963 I'm planning to come back later after I do some other stories. And that is the end of them as Wonderbolts. They only did that one "secret mission", as you called it.

Well, I wasn't really referring to that particular "mission". I was thinking more along the lines of the Wonderbolts being Celestia's "special task force" if you will. Doing her bidding in exchange for their skill, fame, and fortune. Just a sort of tangent I took from the song and this story. Wish I had the time to write, because that would be a fun project...

1707226 With how I see it, such wouldn't exist down this route.

1707226 Though, if you'd like to see more Wonderbolt action, then look out for "War of the Bolts" once I get around to it. It will be between the Wonderbolts and Shadowbolts based off of MandoPony's respective series.

That sounds pretty legit... I'll have to check it out.

1707672 It's third on the list to do, after Halo: Equestria and Evefrost (Unpublished).

Login or register to comment