• Published 22nd Oct 2012
  • 2,533 Views, 32 Comments

Unicorn Romance - Jewel_Eater_Dragon



Unicorn Roamnce - Rarity and Twilight

  • ...
5
 32
 2,533

Chapter 5

At the break of dawn, Zecora neared her home. In her saddle bag was a bunch of freshly cut Midnight Roses for Twilight’s tea. She quietly hums an old homeland tune to pass the time. Not too long has passed before she reaches her destination. Taking a look around, she notices the tracks in front of her door. What looks like hoof marks coming and going from the hut. However, due to the time that has passed, she could only make out that one pony came rushing back to the hut some hours before. She carefully pushed the door open and peeks inside.

As she looks in her home, she sees the two unicorns snuggled up in her bed. She smiles to herself concluding that things did work out well in the night. Although she wondered why was there a lightly damp towel on the floor that had mud and sap wipes on it. Nevertheless, she quietly crept back into the hut, making sure not to wake up her two friends. The first thing she needed was a bath she decided and off she went towards the bathroom.

Rarity woke up to the sound of water splashing. She opened her eyes and was greeted by a mess of purple hair. She smiled as she hugged the sleeping Twilight closer to her, breathing in the scent of her mane. For once in her life, Rarity woke up without the lonely feelings that ate at her each morning. For once she woke up to the feel of her lover against her fur. For once, she woke up… happy. She nuzzled Twilight, burying her face into the mess that was Twilight’s mane, not minding it one bit. She nuzzled deeper and placed a kiss gently on Twilight’s neck. Twilight in turn, moaned in her sleep. Rarity sighed happily. She leaned in closer, forelegs wrapped tightly around Twilight’s chest, and draping her hind leg over her sleeping partner. She just didn’t want this to end. Holding on tightly, Rarity slowly began drifting off back to sleep.

Eventually, Twilight rose from her slumber. Her vision blurry, her surrounding was unfamiliar. She brought her hooves up to her face and gently rubbed her eyes and yawned. It was then she felt another warm body on the bed, pressing up against her. At first she was startled, wondering what was going on until she looked down to see a pair of familiar hooves around her. The entire night’s events flooded her memory and she realized who she was in bed with.

“What was I thinking?” Twilight thought to herself. “Rarity is in love with me. She has been in love with me since… I don’t know how long she’s been in love with me. Should I ask? Maybe I shouldn’t. Ooh, what should I do? What should I do?”

Suddenly, Twilight noticed that someone else was watching them. A familiar zebra was lying on a dull grey cushion, tea, set on a short table beside her, a smile on her face.

“Uhmm… goo… good morning Zecora. Um… h… how long have you been sitting there?” Twilight asked nervously.

“Shhh…. Quietly now Twilight, come sit by me,
and tell me what you think of Rarity.”

Zecora cooed, as she beckoned Twilight over with her hoof.

Twilight turned to look over she shoulder. She saw a white muzzle, so close, she almost bumped noses against it. She could now hear Rarity’s quiet snores as she slept. Gently, Twilight unhooked herself from Rarity’s embrace and stopped briefly as she heard Rarity moan softly. She then gently slid herself to the end of the bed and quietly made her way to sit beside Zecora.

“Ehm… Zecora, you’d probably want to know why we were… um… snuggling on your bed. Well, it… uhm…”

“Dear Twilight, you need not explain what it true,
that your friend Rarity loves you.
However, I can also tell that her love you wish not spurn.
But do you not love her in return?”

Zecora asked, concern in her voice.

“Truthfully Zecora, I do not know. I love my friends, and yes I love Rarity, but I do not know if I love her in a way that two special ponies would share. I like spending time with her. I like our spa dates… did I just say date? I mean when we spend time together at the spa, just the two of us… and, come to think of it, it’s almost a weekly occurrence now. Anyway, there has been a lot…well… what I mean is, I like spending time with her, but to love her? I don’t know.”

“Twilight, calm yourself, it’s…” Zecora began before she was cut off again by Twilight’s ramblings.

“I mean it’s alright now, but then what would the others think? I mean, sure Applejack and Rainbow won’t really bother since they are in a relationship themselves, but what about Pinkie Pie, or Fluttershy? What would they think or say if they found out that we were together? The townponies seem alright with the idea of two ponies of the same gender having a relationship. So that’s not really a problem. And should I tell Princess Celestia about it? I tell her almost everything. Ohhh…” she began to whine, “she might make me go back to Canterlot. Spike and I will have to say goodb…. Spike. Oh I forgot about Spike. He’s in love with Rarity and if he found out that we are in love, I mean she’s in love with me, he might not forgive either of us. Spike loves me like a big sister and I can’t break his little heart….”

Suddenly felt her face pressed against Zecora’s hooves. One at each cheek.

“Twilight Sparkle, calm yourself down.
There is no need to fear if the one you love is near.
Ignore those who would give you grief,
let them sneer and gasp and stare in disbelief.
In the end it is not they to whom you should care,
but the pony who truly loves you… the pony sitting over there.”

Zecora finished, turning Twilight’s head gently to see Rarity, sitting very much ladylike, her forelegs crossed, dangling over the side of the bed.

“Eep! Rarity! I… um... didn’t realize… um… err… how long have you been listening?”

“Twilight, are you worried of what the others might think of us?”

“Well, not really so much as … others, but mostly the ponies important to me. Our friends; Princess Celestia. And most of all, Spike.” She replied blushing, a mix of worry and embarrassment flowing through her.

“Twilight, you need not be so worried. After all, our friends already know about Rainbow and Applejack, not to mention that there is Lyra and Bon Bon too. And as for the Princess, you can always tell her that our friendship has just elevated to a whole new level. However, you are right about one thing. There is little Spiky-Wiky too.” Rarity said as a small frown appeared on her lips.

Twilight was about to comment when Rarity spoke once more, “But in truth Twilight, I’m afraid that I cannot give Spike what he hopes from me. I like him, but not in the same way he likes me. I know I have to tell him that one day, but I’m afraid of hurting him in the process.”

“So what should we do about it then?” Twilight asked, hoping that the flow of this conversation would lead away from the current topic. However, as usual, she didn’t have that kind of luck.

“The first thing is us.” Rarity said, rather bluntly. “Twilight, I love you. There is no hiding that. And before I ask you if you love me, I have to ask. How does that make you feel?” Now Rarity was looking straight at Twilight, who in turn was staring at the floor.

“I do not know Rarity... I really like you and as last night proved, I can’t bear losing you.” Twilight shifted from side to side, wondering if Rarity was going to say anything. However, she kept silent. Twilight continued, “Maybe we could just spend more time together? I like our spa dates… um… so maybe we could … um … just go on with that and see where … ah … things will lead, maybe?”

“Twilight… if this situation is making you so uncomfortable, then maybe, maybe we should not go on with this.” Rarity finally spoke, sadness in her voice.

“Now girls, love is never easy, true,
but that doesn’t mean that you both give up too.
Rarity, Twilight needs time to think this over,
for who knows, she might decide to make you her lover.
And as for you Twilight, there is nothing wrong in loving other mares,
therefore, let dear Rarity show you how much she cares.”

Zecora added.

Twilight began to ponder over Zecora’s words. Thinking about what was said and how it would affect her. In the end, there was truth in the advice and that all she needed was to take things slow. She sighed and said, “Rarity, I cannot say that I love you, but as I said last night, I will give ‘us’ a shot, and see where this relationship will lead. However, I must ask one thing.”

“Of course Twilight, anything, just name it.”

“One day, soon, you will have to tell Spike about this, at least, about the part where you cannot give him the love he gives you.” Twilight said, rather matter-of-fact like.

“Yes, I suppose it’s only fair. I can’t simply string him along when I’m in love with somepony else.” she said, smiling at Twilight, who began to blush slightly.

“Thank you.” Twilight ended.

The two Unicorns began to pack their stuff into their saddlebags. Twilight, taking the jeweled neck piece as Rarity handed it over to her. Twilight smiled as she levitated it and fastened it around her neck. Rarity doing the same with her own.

Thanking Zecora, they opened the door to leave for home. Just then Zecora spoke out,

“Before I forget and thus leave it with me.
Here you are Twilight, your Midnight Tea.”

Comments ( 6 )

Hibernation ... ... Hibernation ... Not dead...:twilightsheepish:

What if they give Spike a new love interest?

2978684

Who? Sweetie Belle maybe? :pinkiehappy:
meh... I'll cross that bridge when I reach it.

2978689 Yes Sweetie Belle!!! Of course! She has a ginormous crush on him!!!!

2978711
Ugh. For Celestia's sake, no. I feel that making Spike fall for Sweetie Bell will be a total cop-out. I want to see how this hurt plays out and if I can find a (within reason) reasonable way to work this out between Spike, Rarity and Twilight.

2983652

How about something unexepected then, like who knows DT, or Dinky? or Pip if you want to go that way

Login or register to comment