• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 624 Views, 6 Comments

Extreme Measures - Boo Bear



8 orphaned siblings travel to Ponyville to start a new life.

  • ...
 6
 624

The Locked Door

"What's taking Spike so long?" asked Scootaloo, scratching her already messed up mane.
Apple Bloom shrugged, "Don ask me!"
Sweetie Belle nodded her head, "Yeah, he DID say he was only gonna go to the bathroom! Should...should we go check?" she started to whisper.
"Sure, but we need to ask Twilight or the Mayor!" replied Scootaloo, straightening her mane with her hoof.
"Whye? We're gonna get in a BUCKET load of trouble!" whispered Apple Bloom, her eyes looking left and right.
"Then...let's ask that bright green filly over there!" exclaimed Scootaloo, pointing at Spring Frost.
"Ya mean Spring Frost?" questioned Apple Bloom.
Scootaloo nodded, "Yeah, her! Go on Sweetie Belle, ask her!"
Sweetie Belle sighed, "Oh, alright!" she slowly started to walk towards Spring Frost, who was in the kitchen. Sweetie Belle look around, surprised at what she saw. The kitchen had marbled tiles as the floor, and the walls were finally painted not a pastel, but a bright lavender color. There was a big fridge this time, twice as big as the mini fridge in the dining room, a steel microwave and oven, cabinets and drawers that were painted a mint green color, and a little matching mint green table.

Sweetie Belle shook her head, remembering what she had to do. She found Spring Frost, who was now testing out the sink for some reason. She trotted over to her, and patted her shoulder. Spring Frost turned around to see Sweetie Belle, and smiled.
"Hey there, Sweetie Belle!" said Spring Frost, waving her wet hooves.
Sweetie Belle only smiled, "Listen, I need you to come with me and my friends. But you have to sneak out of here, so they won't notice you." she pointed to the other ponies, who was listening to one of the Mayor's boring lectures, once again.
Spring Frost nodded, her little braids moving along with her action, "Sure!" she whispered, "But, wouldn't they notice that we're gone anyway?"
Sweetie Belle giggled, "With the Mayor's lecture, we'll be fine!"
Spring Frost giggled along as well, and followed Sweetie Belle out of the kitchen and into the large hallway.

Spring Frost grinned at the three other fillies, although she didn't even know one of them, which was Scootaloo.
"Hi, there!" she waved, her hoof half-dry.
Scootaloo smiled, "Hi there...Spring Frost?"
Spring Frost nodded, "That's me! You must be Scootaloo!"
The orange pony nodded as well.

"So, wa' are we gonna do first?" asked Apple Bloom, fixing her massive bow in place.
Sweetie Belle pointed to the spiral staircase that was at the end of the hallway, "We go upstairs and find Spike!"
The fillies nodded, but gulped as well, not knowing what was upstairs, except Spike.
They continued and walked along the hallway. The walls were painted a pale golden color, and there were little patterns on the walls, such as flowers and little squiggly lines that look like those confetti's that Pinkie Pie always used to throw into the air for no apparent reason. The fillies finally reached the staircase, and Spring Frost took the first step. The rest followed her, and unsurprisingly, Scootaloo was the last one to follow.The stairs creaked a little, but that was usual for a new house. The railing of the stairs were curved and patterned, making it look fancy.

"Spike? SPIKE?" called out Sweetie Belle. She put her hoof below her pointed her, hoping to hear an answer, but there wasn't any. She called out again, and still no answer was heard from the 4 fillies.
"Where IS he?" asked Spring Frost, looking worried.
Apple Bloom and Scootaloo shrugged.
"I guess we're gonna have to search for him in every room then!" proclaimed Sweetie Belle, who gritted her teeth anxiously.
The fillies agreed, and walked along the carpeted floor. It was rather soft, which the fillies liked. The lights were on, suggesting that Spike really had gone up to the bathroom. The fillies split up, Apple Bloom going with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle going with Spring Frost.

"Let's check this bedroom," suggested Spring Frost. She carefully pushed one of the doors open, and the door creaked, making Sweetie Belle yelp a little. Spring Frost switched on the lights, but all they saw were 2 silk beds, 2 bedstands and to little drawers which were painted red and yellow. The room itself was orange, and the carpet was a pale pink color.
"I'm guessing this is Lemon Glacier and Fiery Rose's room!" exclaimed Spring Frost, chuckling to herself.

"SWEETIE BELLE! SPRING FROST! OVA' HERE!" cried out a little filly's voice. It was Apple Bloom, who came rushing towards the two shocked fillies.
"What is it, Apple Bloom?" asked Sweetie Belle.
"We found Spike!" she answered, jumping joyfully, "Na HURRY up! Follow me!"
The two fillies nodded and followed Apple Bloom. She took them inside the bathroom, which smelled quite foul. There was Spike and Scootaloo, standing still, looking at the door.

"Spike! Why didn't you answer us?" asked Spring Frost, patting Spike on the back.
Spike just shook his head, "It..it won't...open..."
"What?" asked Scootaloo, slapping Spike on the face gently just to get his attention.
Spike blinked rapidly, and then turned to face the worried looking fillies.

"Wha--oh! I...I can explain!" he started to mutter, looking rather frightened.
Sweetie Belle giggled, "It's okay, Spike. We're just asking why you are on the ground?"
Spike cleared his throat, "Well, it all started off as me finishing my...you know, business. After that, I saw a door, and I was curious of what was in it, so I gave a go at opening it! But it wouldn't open, so I had to try many different ways to nudge it open, but it wouldn't!" Spike kicked the door in front of him. The only reaction it did was it shook a little, but didn't open.

"That's strange...I'm pretty sure I heard the Mayor say something about all the rooms in this house are unlocked! I guess she didn't check the bathroom or something!" explained Spring Frost, looking confused.

"Well, what should we do? We can't just leave the door like this!" said Scootaloo.

Suddenly, the fillies and Spike heard hoof-steps coming from outside the bathroom. Quickly as they could, they shut the bathroom door.

Comments ( 1 )

I want MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:applecry:

Login or register to comment