• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 623 Views, 6 Comments

Extreme Measures - Boo Bear



8 orphaned siblings travel to Ponyville to start a new life.

  • ...
 6
 623

Winter Sky's Match

'It's not FAIR! Why does everypony have to be so...so ORDINARY? Why can't there be a pony that has the similar likes to me?' Winter Sky thought to herself as the ponies and Spike trot (and fly) away from Sweet Apple Acres.
"So, who shall we visit next?" asked Twilight.
"Hmm...how bout' Rarity? It ain't that far from the barn!" answered Applejack.
"OKAY THEN! RARITY IT IS!" mumbled Pinkie Pie, prancing. They continued to trot (and fly) along the muddy path, becoming more distant from the Apple family's barn. Spring Frost and Heat Wave were bumping into each other, laughing at their foolishness. Absolute Zero flew just a few inches above ground, whistling a tune. The twins and Pinkie Pie start singing a song:

"We are the funky wacky friends! We sing this song on twists and bends! We're on our way to the boutique! A place where Rarity stays chic!~

Suddenly, Winter Sky overheard their song, and flew down next to Pinkie Pie, who was giggling continuously.
"Pinkie Pie? Can I ask you something?" asked Winter Sky.
Pinkie Pie stopped giggling and turned to Winter Sky, beaming, "Why SURE THING! What is it?"
"What kind of pony is Rarity?"

"She's a unicorn! DUH!"

"NO! What I meant was how Is Rarity like? What is she into?"

"Oh THAT kind of kind! Well, Rarity is definitely into FASHION! She owns a store called Carousel Boutique, which is where we're heading to! Rarity is sweet, kind, but can sometimes be a bit bossy, but I don't mind! She sews clothes and dresses for ponies, and ONCE, she sewed us BEAUTIFUL...well it was to HER anyway...but ANYWAY, one night, us friends were invited to the GRAND GALLOPING GALA! And the--"

"Wait? What is a Grand Galloping Gala?"

Pinkie Pie took a book out of her fluffy pink mane, "HERE! Read ALL about it! I always kept that book safe with me! But SHH! Don't tell Twilight, it's actually hers!"

Winter Sky accepted the book and nodded, "Continue..."

Pinkie Pie grinned, "OKAY! So on like just a few days before the Gala, Rarity made us dresses! They were OKAY I guess, but then this pony called Hoity Toity came along and LOVED her dresses, so we decided to wear them for the sake of our friend who made them! COOL, RIGHT? ANYWAY, so yeah, she loves to make clothes, she loves fashion, she ADORES makeovers and ADORES going to the spa! That pony is OBSESSED with hooficures, just how I'M obsessed with CANDY AND SWEET THINGS!" Pinkie Pie smiled even wider, and blinked.

"Thank Celestia! I found my perfect MATCH!" yelled Winter Sky happily.
"Perfect match? For what?" asked Lemon Glacier, who was eavesdropping on their conversation for a while.
"Sis! Don't you see? I'll FINALLY be able to hang out with somepony that loves, or ADORES the same things that I do! YEEPEE!" Winter Sky zoomed into the air and did somersaults, celebrating her logical success.

"Here we are! Carousel Boutique!" announced Twilight Sparkle, pointing at a tall, elegant looking pink and purple building with an actual carousel on top. The siblings were bewildered, as they haven't seen such an elegant building before!
'This is it! I can finally meet my perfect pony friend!' thought Winter Sky to herself, doing one last somersault before landing on ground.

Twilight knocked on the front door, and a white pony with a royal purple mane and tail answered the door. She flips her mane to the side.
"Why, hello there, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, oh! And my SPIKEY WIKEY! What seems to be the problem? And who are these magnificent colorful friends of yours?"
Pinkie Pie hoofed a piece of paper to Rarity, and smiled, "Here are the names of these AWESOME ponies! I even drew a picture of them so that you can recognize which pony is which!"
Absolute Zero turned to Twilight, "How did she--?"
Twilight shook her head, "Don't ask. It's Pinkie Pie." Absolute Zero nodded, still confused.
Rarity examined the paper with the names of the siblings and the pictures. She smiled, and gave the sheet back to Pinkie Pie, who was somehow inside the boutique, taking a look at Rarity's new dresses.
"Such FAB names, I tell you! And you ponies came from MANEHATTAN? That's WONDERFUL!" Rarity muttered proudly. "Ugh! Silly me! I'm just standing here while you ponies are outside! Come in, come in!" The ponies and Spike followed Rarity into her boutique, and clearly Rarity has been busy designing her new outfits. There were strips and pieces of fabric and cloth lying all over the floor. The siblings, for the very first time, weren't impressed. But they honestly didn't mind the mess, as to the fact that their room in the orphanage had always been messy.
"Hehe...sorry for the mess. I've been busy lately," explained Rarity shamefully. The ponies and Spike giggled.
"Why I must say!" continued Rarity, "I just HAPPEN to have some SPECTACULAR outfits that I made about a week ago for these newcomers! Come, come! I'll show you the way to my wardrobe place."
Applejack nudged Arctic Lime, "Watch out there, Mr. Shy, you're bout to go on a heck of a ride!" Applejack giggled whilst Arctic Lime gulped loudly, and continued to follow Rarity.




"Sweetie Belle! Hurry up with the outfits! We have guests!" shouted Rarity at the top of her lungs. "Sorry about that, my guests, my sister tends to be quite slow at things, if you don't mind."
"HEY! I heard that!" cried a little filly's voice. The siblings heard little hoof steps gradually getting louder, and then, a little unicorn filly with a white coat and a pink and purple mane entered the room where Rarity and the siblings were in.
"Sorry, sis! I got kinda mixed up with all the clothes that were up there...hey! Are these the guests you were talking about?" the white filly asked her sister.
"Why, yes, Sweetie Belle, these ARE the guests I was talking about! Meet the...the..."
"Extremes." mumbled Winter Sky.
"Yes, the Extremes! They are called that because...umm...because..."
"We have cool names and coat colors." muttered Arctic Lime.
"Yes! Cool names and coat colors! You don't need to know their names, darling, just hoof me the outfits and shoo!" Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes, sighed, and trotted over to her bossy sister and hoofed her the outfits. She trotted off, whistling a rather calming tune.
"Ah, where was I? Oh yes, the MARVELOUS outfits I made! Such a coincidence, they can fit each pony of you! Now, who would like to try first?" asked Rarity, her deep blue eyes wandering around.
"ME! ME! I'LL TRY FIRST!" shouted out Winter Sky, who quickly flew next to Rarity, beaming with joy. Rarity blinked a few times, and continued.
"Good! Your name is Winter Sky, right?"

'Oh my Celestia! She knows my NAME!' thought Winter Sky, beaming even more.
"Yes, it's Winter Sky," she answered in an absent-minded manner.
Rarity chuckled, "Say, Winter Sky, you remind me SO much like...well, me! Isn't that ri--" before she could finish what she was saying, Rarity and Winter Sky had noticed that the ponies had disappeared. Rarity blushed a little.
"They...must have had to do something, I guess?" she mumbled.
Winter Sky shook her head, "Nope! They're just not into these kinds of things, like US!"

"Why, I must say, Winter Sky, that is absolutely TRUE! We BOTH love fashion! Are you into makeovers and spa treatments, may I ask?"

Winter Sky never felt more cheerful, "YOU BET!"