• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 660 Views, 2 Comments

The Mining Investment - Reaperpony



this will. well hopefully be "original" story it might have twists and turns but just read

  • ...
 2
 660

The night were memories return for the best

The night were memories return for the best

by: R.D./Reaper Pony


The night was young all the ponies in the town where dancing and celebrating there towns one year anniversary. It was one of the new mining locations for Equestria and had been a major source of income for Canterlot for its gems and rare ore deposits tho it was awkwardly placed very far away from Canterlot and very close to the Everfree forest. It was safe with day and night guards watching the city from the four marble built watchtowers and this night was no different with the town happily singing and dancing the night away. Admiring another beautiful night sky the eight night guard ponies watched over the towns celebration.

Two day guards decided on the shift switch they would enjoy themselves in the towns party and get some down time for there long hours, they both took there armours of and left them in the towers armoury and set of to the towns great hall, both where quite bigger then a normal pony but where not that much taller both where fairly built one had a grey coat and a silvery tint in his mane which was deep ocean blue and his name was Blue Nova, the others was jet black and had silver stripes through it and his coat was clover green he got commonly named Clover cause of his colour but it was Plan Ebon.

"Hay Clover do you think it would actually be a good idea. . . its not like we actually belong to the town you know" said Nova

"Hay! I said not to call me Clover i hate it when people do that and yeah it will be fine we helped guard this place for a year now im sure they will welcome us with open hoofs" Ebon replied gesturing a hoof in the air.

As the two slowly walked into the town it got brighter and louder, they could see the "slightly" tipsy ponies out on the streets all enjoying them selves. They eventually got to the towns main hall and opened the great hall doors with a small peek inside first they slowly trotted over to a free table and joined in the great feast with only a few looking over to there small table with slight interest to the new looking faces that entered there hall.

A few minutes pass and a nice Mare comes over to chat to the two new faces.

She was quit tall for a mare probably just shorter then a colt her mane rang down her neck and was just a simple curl at the bottom of it is was a rose red colour and her coat was almost identical to Lunas coat except a lighter tint of purple

"Hay you two you aren't from the town are you cause if you where you wouldn't look so clean." As Nova started to panic at that statement he started subconsciously grabbing dirt in his hoofs and start dirtying him self up a bit while Ebon just locked eyes and said.

"We are two of the royal day guards that has watched over your town for the year and would love if we can just sit and relax in this great town... if that's ok of course?"

The mare blushed a bit and stammered for a second and looked quite embarrassed and found her self admiring her hoofs.

"O-o sorry i didn't notice you with out your armour on normally you guards don't come into the town that often so its had to tell, he-he your more then welcome to join in the celebration. we all wouldn't mind if you want to of course. actually you two look like I've seen you around before are your names Nova and Clover?"

"Why yes! yes they are" Nova said stopping himself from rolling in the dirt just in time.

"My name is Blue Nova and this is Plan Ebon but yeah his nick name is Clover" Nova gave Ebon a slight smirk, while Ebon tried to show that he was not even phased by that comment.

"wait you said you have seen us before what did you say your name was again you do look familiar." Ebon asked with a smile on his face.

"My name is Red Night i now a bit odd of a name but I like it" she said with a bounce of her own at the end of that sentence that seemed to snap her out of her hoof admiring trance.

"where you from Canterlot?"

"why yes"

"did you go to the Royal Guard Academy?"

"Yeh! it was great but i kind of didn't have it in me at the end so i decided to go into Geography"

"Hmmmmmm... I remember now! You where shorter back then and your hair was much shorter, do you remember Nova?" Nova rubbed his chin as if deep in thought and then a sudden realisation came to him.

"HER!" he quickly dug himself under the table looking like he was about to dig him self to the other side of the world.

"Wait! what?" Red was just dumbstruck at this sudden action that Nova took she thought he was the cool one.

"Oh! That's right you got you flank kicked by her didn't you Ha ha ha" Ebon idly poked Novas flank and then realised the situation.

"oh sorry, do you remember the old days of R.G.A. right Red?"

"yeah but i am still confused what this has to do with... OOooohhhhh."


"I WONT FIGHT A GIRL!" Ebon yelled to the instructor

"But look your enemy could be colt or a mare and if you cant even lift a hoof to defend your self you will be destroyed and I think I know you don't want that."

in the one of the training halls there was a sparing arena in the middle where all the new recruits come up and tested there strength with the others to see what they have learnt.

"COME ON NOVA! I want my turn and you can do it" Ebon Yelled.

"come on chicken I don't have all day" Red said in a mocking voice

"you can call me names as much as you want but I'm not fighting you..."

"Look kid if you don't prepare yourself you will be lets say in a whole new world of pain so I will say this one more time prepare to fight or at least get ready to block." the instructor said once again but as nicely as possible as he could and made the others in the group actually worry for Nova. Nova just stood there watching Red stretch and loosen up before the inevitable happened

"Ok On Three. One. Two. Thre..."

In a flash Red quickly assaulted the Stone statue that was Nova as he tried his best to block and doge the blows. He new he was going to be in so much pain if he didn't fight back and he knew this but still tried his best at just being on the defensive as Red didn't even falter for a second with her own attacks coming one after another and eventually she was able to grab Novas hoofs away from him and pinned him on to the ground pulling back on his legs sitting on him. he was shouting that he given up and asked if she would get off him but she didn't seem to even flinch at him. At this point Ebon couldn't take it and rushed over to the mare pinning his best friend to the ground and just tackled her off and tossed and tumbled on the mat till both came to there hoofs and locked eyes as both had the intent not to let the other live for what they did.

with that Ebon got up and slowly limped off to the infirmary where he thought be the best place to be right now while quietly sobbing on his way there. Ebon just turned for a second to see his friend limp being a door and then locked eyes again with Red.

"What Do You Think You Are Doing!" Ebon now yelling at her with just rage building up.

Red just slightly twitched at what she was listening to with a look you couldn't even read.

"We are all friends here you shouldn't have even fought him you know that, your just acting like a bully you could see he didn't even want to fight you, he is a nice guy he wouldn't want to hurt you cause we are all like family here and you just had to go all out on him, he could have easily won this fight but you didn't even think for a second that he was really hurting on the inside every time you through a hoof at him, i hope your happy with what you have done."

the look on Reds face was just barely showing any emotion but Ebon could see it change just slightly.

"i-i didn't go all out on him..." she said quietly.

"Argh you just don't get it. fine when your ready I want you to come see Nova with me if you don't then i wont even talk to you again." Ebon said as he left the room going to the infirmary to make sure his friend was ok.

there was just silence in the training hall as if everyone was in shocked at what happened. the instructor was the first to break the silence.

"Ok everyone line back up we are going to see Sea Breeze and Summer Fringe spar now so please prepare and we will start in five minutes." the instructor slowly edged to where Red was standing before, but he just noticed she was gone.


"Oh Gosh I'm soooooooo sorry about that again i tried to forget about that day. like I said I am still very sorry for it." Red said there now sitting with the two with the one still under the table burring his head in the dirt floor.

"look I know it was long ago but he is still... as you can see a bit touchy with this matter" Ebon said with a smile on his face, "do you know why he didn't want to fight you?"

"because I was a girl right?" Red said with a tilt if her head this time

"well that half right, wait one sec HAY! Nova can you HEAR ME!" Ebon yelled at the table looking like a weird o but there was no response. " ok look that half is right it was cause you are a girl but the other half was because he..." Ebon gave a sigh and decided not to tell but used his hoofs suggestively.

"ummmm I still don't get it?" Red said now head resting on the table.

"wait give me a sec" Ebon started poking Nova in the flank and whispered under the table about what was being said for the past thirty-minutes he shot back up almost smashing his head on the table edge and looked really embarrassed or was just looking really red in the face for holding his breath that long but also looking a bit surprised.

"so you know...?" Nova asked Red

"Well I remember what happened and feel really bad about it still and I'm really sorry I didn't mean to be that ummm, aggressive." red said sadly looking like almost about to cry.

"and did Ebon say why I didn't want to fight you?"

"well it was cause I was a girl but that was only half of it right?" Red's eyes locked with Nova's where he blushed almost straight away.

"umm yeah!" trying to look every where else but her. He continued "umm wait didn't Ebon tell you?"

"tell me what?"

Ebon started whistling and suddenly thought he saw somepony had written gullible on the ceiling.

"Plan Ebon Clover... I hate you." Ebon just felt a shiver at that his whole name with Clover added to it new he was in trouble unless this went as planned.

"hay look I just want you to say it I didn't think it was right for me to say but I did want to be here when I hear you say it" He said with a wicked grin slapped on his face. Red was starting to get annoyed by the two but thought it was interesting at-least. with one last sigh Nova continued " umm well it was also cause... i kinda liked you..."

"Wait what was that you kinda travelled off at the end of that sentence." Red was showing great interest all of a sudden and made Nova blush more.

"I-i said I-i liked you." Red was not giving any readable facial features at that moment and was making Ebon trying hard to hold his laughter down.

"you. you liked me" Ebon had both hoofs over his face trying not to laugh he could read her face so easily and was amusing to see Nova try so hard to read it.

"ye-yeah i liked you. A lot back in R.G.A. you seemed really different from everyone else and I was really hurt when we had to fight each other even tho it was sparing I know now it wasn't really that bad but I didn't really want to hurt you I-i cared about you back then and i still do now."

Red's face was just barley flickering with emotion Nova couldn't tell if she was mad or sad or happy but felt like just going home for the night.

"so that's why... I-i did like you too but was a bit...well I wasn't sure how to talk to you I thought maybe that the only way I could get to know you better was to fight you but we know how that turned out and I'm really sorry still." Red started to tear up now and Nova found him self getting up to comfort her.

"look you don't need to be sorry it didn't change anything about you and even tho I did cower under the table it was more because you looked amazing now." he said with a smile."do you remember what I said in the infirmary?"


In the infirmary there was a slightly beaten up pony being tended to by one of the doctors. Being bandaged and checking for any more bruising to the pony's body luckily enough he just had minor bruises as he did dodge most of the hits that where being slugged at him. As Nova sat quietly letting the doctor do his thing Ebon walked through the door.

"you know you are a stupid colt right?" Ebon said standing in the door way.

" O what do you mean?" blue nova replied with sarcasm in his voice and a sad expression on his face.

Ebon started his way to the bed where nova was sitting, " come on you know you wouldn't have gotten beaten up if you weren't so soft when it came to fighting any pony."

Nova started toying with his hoofs ideally and looked at his bandages

" you are better them me when It comes down to fighting but you are a push over when it comes down to fighting girrrrrls" Ebon said jokingly as he poked nova in the side with a hoof.

As Ebon continued poking nova in the side nova decided was getting fed up with it and decided to poke back.

"HaHahahahaha! Hay! don't do that you know I'm ticklish" Ebon said as he jumped of the bed trying to keep out of hoof jabbing distance.

"Well you started it and i am more then capable of finishing it to " as nova started to get off the bed slowly approaching Ebon.

"ugh... Ok you win you don't need to do that look your injured you should get some rest you look like a bruised apple" Ebon trying to throw everything he could think of to try and get out of this situation. He really didn't like being tickled it was like touter to him.

" i guess your right im am still a bit sore. could you lend me a hoof to get back into the bed?" nova said

Oh thank I thought I would have to go through touter. Lucky i got him to decide to go back to bed. "sure thing more then happy to help" Ebon said as he ideally trotted

Comments ( 2 )

Language-mechanical errors in description: automatic downvote. Please get a proofreader and try again.

well ok i have decided to go back and do this... thing i guess dont know just checked that 77 people (around) have seen the first bits so i guess some people know about it now and the fact it has 50/50 for the dis/like i guess it matches someone's taste or something... any way will be getting back on this and maybe actually try to be not dead tired :applejackconfused: when doing it like the first time.

:derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment