• Published 21st Apr 2024
  • 212 Views, 5 Comments

What’s your past like? - ZippStorm23

  • ...
 5
 212

Azalea Lilly

Author's Note:

yes this chapter is WAY too short, and i know theres probably a lot of confusion so as to why she noticed now only, but i promise that’ll be answered in the next upcoming chapters. have fun reading this! :heart:

“And this years Best Voice Actor goes to… Zephyrina Storm!”

Getting up from her seat with the same shocked look and grateful smil she had flawlessly been giving for the past 4 years, she stepped up onto the stage. After shaking the presenters hand and receiving the award, she stood in front of the microphone and straightened her black tie as the applause died down.

“So, the fourth time in a row, I just want to say thank you to all the amazing people who have helped me achieve this today, the directors, the rest of the cast and most importantly my mother and my sister who have given me their unwavering support throughout this journey, and once again thank you, all of you for this, thank you,” she said holding the black shape above her head and bowing before exiting the stage on he left

Fuck that was the most cringe speech i’d ever given i really should’ve prepared the night before, ugh now i need to find Pipp.

Walking past a couple of interviewers busy with other artists, she found her sister in a full sleeve dress made to recreate Taylor Swift’s ‘Enchanted Flower dress’ .

“Oh hey Zipp, omg look at our combo it’s so lol fr!” Pipp said laughing at both of their outfits. Zipp had a white turtleneck full sleeve shirt, a black tie and a black folded leather jacket on top, a pair of black jeans on the bottom and a pair of black sneakers, basically replicating Joe Alwyn’s outfit from 2023. Joe was one of Taylor Swift’s exes, and they looked exactly like the pair. Zipp rolled her eyes and said, “C’mon, we need to leave, they’re waiting for us,”

“Fine, i’m coming,” she said, lifting her dress to expose her ruby red heels to walk faster.

As paparazzi lined the exit, Zipp prepared herself to run, while Pipp prepared to stride. At the count of 3 the duo left, Zipp practically running past them and into the black SUV left by her bodyguard. She slid into the drivers seat and closed the door, shielding her eyes from the blinding flashes of light right out the window. Then Pipp came to steal the spotlight less than partially, relieving Zipp. Blowing kisses to the paparazzi and waving to them like a real celebrity would, she ducked into the passenger seat and closed the door, the attention of the flashes returning to the window. Pulling the gear into reverse, she sped backwards, shocking the paparazzi too much to follow them. Turning left onto the street so that she was facing the main road, she shifted the gear and zoomed away until they came to a red light.

She shifted the gear once more, removed her jacket and tie and threw it back, earning a grumble from Pipp as the tie landed on her face. Scoffing, she brought out a purple wig which was trimmed to look like a boys badly cut hair. She retrieved a bald cap from her bag and fit it over head, tucking her pink and teal hair into the cap. Then she placed the wig over her head, looking into the mirror flap above as she positioned it and pressed it down hard onto her head. Tugging the sides of the wig, she confirmed that it wouldn’t move and pushed the mirror flap back up.

Turning in her seat she asked Pipp, “This look good? I want them to think i’ve cut my hair,”

Her eyes glued to her phone, she didn’t reply. Sighing Zipp turned back to the front and shifted the gear as the light changed to green light.

“Alright Pipp, here’s all the stuff you’ll need and the changing rooms are there, text me when you’re ready,” Zipp said, stopping in front of a metal door behind the school. Pipp slid her phone into the large suitcase on the seat and opened the door, carefully checking for any paparazzi on the abandoned street. She stepped out the car, pulled her suitcase towards the door and disappeared behind the metal door.


“And now let’s welcome last year’s top student from seventh grade to give us a speech, as per our tradition,” The speaker said, earning applause from the crowd of students. Zipp took a deep breath and steeped into the stage. She tapped the microphone and it squealed before projecting her voice clearly.

“Hey guys, so great to see everyone today, so i just wanted to say that my journey here, wouldn’t have been possible if i didn’t have the unfaltering support from my friends and family. While it’s important to excel in your academics, socializing is also equally important and uhhh…”

She was cut off when she saw the same boy from her class leaving the auditorium with something in his hands, in the shape of a…gun?!

Her heart started to palpitate like she was running a marathon when she saw him holding the object, thinking of a school shooting that had recently happened somewhere. Realising that over a hundred people were looking at her, she tried her best to recupurate and end the speech as soon as possible.

“And uhh, you should always uhh, put your family before academics, and uhh thank you, have a g-good evening and goodbye,” she ended abruptly, disappearing off the stage.

Taking the route less known by the rest, she dashed towards where she had seen the boy, only to find that he had disappeared. Thinking of where he could have gone, she sprinted up the nearest staircase, taking the steps 3 at a time, easy for her thanks to her long legs. Surveying the entire hall, she found a lone student slamming his locker door shut.

“Fuck!” she cursed loudly, making the student jump as she ran down the hallway of lockers, to find him standing there with his back turned towards her, wearing a blue shirt and coffee coloured pants. At that distance she could clearly make out that the object he was holding was a .22 revolver. Her footsteps and soft panting made him stop, that hair a mix of hazelnut brown and gold blonde still oh-so familiar to her. Her phone buzzed in her pocket, probably from a text.

“Get out, and you’ll be saved from this mess, go, before i change my mind,” he said, in that voice that rang through her head like her a favorite song.

“You’re Zap Thunder,”

Silence rang in the empty hallway for seconds as he turned around to face her. That face was one she had never forgotten all her life. Most perfect nose you could imagine, hazel brown eyes, freckles on his light skinned face and thin lips

As he saw her face, realisation dawned on his face as well, clearly visible to her. He shook his head and that same uncaring look returned to his face, yet his eyes had a different look in them.

“S-so what? Tell me something about me that only…only… she would know,” he said, struggling to say that name.

“Sequaliosa Logan and who—?” she said, struggling to keep the quiver out of her voice.

“Azalea Lilly, with two L’s,” he said, confirmation clicking in his mind and the expression came off his face, replaced with one filled with joy.

Before they could do anything, they heard footsteps, and in that split second, Zipp ran to him and pushed him into the janitor closet
nearest to them, closing the door behind them as shock was still visible on his face.

“Holy shit i can’t believe it’s you,” Zap said, wrapping his arms around her. He was more than a head shorter than her. Still in shock, she returned the hug and they broke apart.

“Zap, you better hide that revolver right now before anyone sees that, and don’t touch that until you see me again and before you say anything to anyone, i changed my name. It’s not what it was before, it’s Zipp Davis now, but i’m still the same person, fuck i still can’t believe it,” she said, running her hand in disbelief through her hair (or rather wig)

“Shit they’re gonna come looking for me, I better go, i’ll see you in… Chem class, bye” she said, checking the hallways and dashing out of the closet.

Zap, who was still in shock, slowly walked out the closet and back to his locker to retrieve his bag. Stowing the revolver in the corner, he dialed his dads number and spoke into the phone the moment he picked it up.

“Dad, you will not believe who i met, yes it’s her, yes you know who i’m talking about, it’s her! We didn’t get to talk much since she had to leave, ok i’ll talk to you later dad, i love you bye,” he said, sparkly rapidly and ending the call.

It was the first time he had ever been that excited for Chemistry class.

Comments ( 1 )

Okay, this just raises so many questions.

Namely who is this Zap, why do he and Zipp know each other, and why is he in school with a gun of all things? People who do that are usually labeled as psychopaths so unless there’s a dark side of our protagonist coming there’s going to be much desired in the coming parts to be answered.

Login or register to comment