• Published 21st Mar 2024
  • 359 Views, 4 Comments

Magical Frustrations - Spyder27



Starlight Glimmer comes home from a long day at the office. Unfortunately for Trixie, Starlight is not in the mood for some interesting Easter celebrations...

  • ...
3
 4
 359

Easter celebrations...?

Her shoulders shiver just as the door closes behind her. Even though the calendar says it is spring, Starlight Glimmer can’t help but doubt the validity of that claim. It is still plenty cold outside, especially at night. Taking a deep breath, Starlight simply shakes her head as she walks through the lobby. Despite how she tries to go to work with a smile, she always comes back home with a frown. One she has to hide around this time. The last thing she would want is for her misfortune to cause her girlfriend’s day to be ruined. Her hand comes up to her tie, loosening it before pressing the button to the elevator.

It doesn’t take long for the elevator doors to open, prompting Starlight to walk inside. Without waiting for a second, she presses the third floor button, closing her eyes with a sigh. Her purple hair falls beyond her shoulders in a tangled mess. Even though she’s wearing a professional suit, Starlight can’t help but feel like she’s some kind of imposter. How dare she pretend to be someone so important when she’s just some office worker. Needless to say, this is not what she has expected for her life, but at least it pays for the bills… Taking a deep breath, Starlight tries her best to focus on the humming of the elevator to get her mind off of stressful thoughts. Especially things like her girlfriend’s failing business venture that has done nothing but cling to her mind… Not to mention that Starlight has been denied a raise three times now.

A raise would really help right about now… It would help bring a smile to her face by the end of these long, tiring days. But no. Of course the raise is always given to the top employee, Moon Dancer. One of these days, Starlight is bound to give her boss a piece of her mind. That day is not today though… She still needs this job. If only she could win the lottery and quit her job. Sure, that’s everyone’s dream, but surely it isn’t too cliche, right? In moments like these, Starlight can’t help but wonder if a society where everyone is equal would truly fail. It obviously would, but it is still nice to think of a utopia where something like that could happen. Life tends to be a little more messy than those thought experiments.

The elevator rings, making Starlight open her eyes. The clean but musty smell of the apartment floor makes her want to roll her eyes. It’s surely the product of years of the same carpet cleaner and accidents from neighbors. Walking forward, Starlight turns left and makes her way down the hall. Pushing her hand into her pocket, she grabs her keys, fumbling with it slightly to find the apartment key. Day in, day out. It’s the same. At least she has one thing to look forward to. Her loyal and totally consistent girlfriend. Starlight can’t help but chuckle to herself under her breath. Okay, maybe she isn’t consistent, but she is still amazing. In most aspects. By now, all Starlight can think about is having a nice cup of coffee with her and cuddling on the couch.

Opening the door to her apartment, Starlight’s eyes widen at the sight of balloons and confetti scattered around. A banner hangs from the ceiling, saying “Happy Easter!” with a slight misspelling in the second word. Sitting on the couch, her girlfriend smiles as if this is the best surprise imaginable. Although, Starlight can only focus on what she is wearing. Thigh high boots that shine to the light compliment the black leather corset. A black choker snuggly clings to her neck with bunny ears sitting on the top of her head.

“Welcome home, Starlight,” Trixie states with a smile, opening her arms as if to present the room and herself to Glimmer.

“Trixie. What is this?” Starlight asks with a raised eyebrow, feeling her exhaustion come back to her in a second. Closing the door behind her, Starlight tries her best to make sense of the scene in front of her. It’s not like this is the first time Trixie has worn this particular outfit, but… why the bunny ears? Why Easter?

“Isn’t it obvious? It is the great and powerful Easter BDSM session!” Trixie proudly states before a confused expression comes to her face. “Alright, I admit that the title could be a bit shorter. It was hard to fit ‘great and powerful’ in there. I would-” Trixie stops mid sentence when starlight looks towards the ground. A small sigh escapes her lips. Starlight should have remembered. Trixie was hinting at something special happening tonight. After her long shift, she forgot all about it. Now she doesn’t really have the energy to go forward, but…

“Alright,” Starlight whispers in response, trying to smile before looking up. Her arms ache, but she takes her jacket off. After all, Trixie put so much effort into this.

“Starlight, are you… alright?” Trixie asks her with a confused look, clearly a little concerned. “Usually you’re all up for my little schemes. You seem tired…”

“I’m fine. Really,” Starlight tries to reassure her, walking towards the couch. Before she can say anything else, Trixie pulls her down to sit beside her.

“Don’t try to trick me. I’m the master of tricks here,” Trixie states before grabbing Starlight’s shoulder. “What’s wrong? I can’t help you feel great and powerful if you’re already feeling weak and pathetic.”

“Way to be subtle,” Starlight responds with a small chuckle, finding Trixie’s word choice incredibly weird. A part of her mind finds it heavily comical that Trixie is trying to comfort her while in a heavily suggestive bunny outfit. The two tones are completely contrasting each other. “I don’t feel weak. I’m just tired,” Starlight mentions with a small wave of her hand, looking away from her girlfriend.

“Tired? You just got home. If anything, you should feel energetic to see me~” Trixie’s statement has a prideful smirk, but all it does is make Starlight feel like she’s not being heard.

“Trixie, I- You don’t get it. I’m tired of this same old routine. A job I hate. Bills piling up. I’m mentally tired.” Starlight’s eyes look back at Trixie, wondering if her words are making any true impact. Trixie grabs her hand with a hopeful look in her eyes, briefly making Starlight feel curious.

“Life stressors, huh? Well, don’t fear. Once my magic gig takes off, I’ll be the one to take on the world rather than you.” In a way, Trixie seems to try and reassure Starlight, but that hopeful tone only sounds delusional to the tired office worker.

“That’s the problem, Trixie,” Starlight sighs with a shake of her head, trying to find the right words. Instead, her heart only feels the flames of anger get hotter. “You’ve been trying this magic act for a long time now and I have supported it, but it has only burned a hole in our pockets. Every week you have some new trick you need to buy supplies for. Couldn’t you just use the supplies you already have?” Starlight frustratingly brings her hands to her face, trying to hold back her emotions. Her question was laced with anger, despite how much she’s tried to be nice. Maybe that’s the problem. It isn’t nice to admit it, but she needs to talk about this.

Starlight feels Trixie’s hand rest on her shoulder, rubbing in a reassuring way. Opening her eyes, she can’t help but stare at Trixie with confusion, wondering why her girlfriend wouldn’t be hurt by her words. After all, this is the same Trixie that has a serious ego problem. If anyone would take offense from her question, it would be her.

“I understand,” Trixie whispers with a small nod, looking like she is almost staring into the void. “Starlight, I… I apologize for adding to your stress. I am not the best with money and I have a hard time with compromise, but… You mean more to me than any magic trick.” Trixie’s eyes finally reconnect with Starlight’s, a genuine smile communicating a hundred words. “I may be great and powerful, but you make me greater than I can ever be alone.” Before Starlight can say a word in response, Trixie leans forward, surprising Starlight with a kiss. Somehow, this kiss feels a lot more genuine than any amount of sex the two of them have, making the pink woman’s cheeks shine a brighter shade. “I admire you,” Trixie whispers after breaking their lips apart, an almost longing tone in her voice. Starlight can’t help but smile at her compliment, finding it cute how she still can’t say those three little words after two years of dating.

“I love you too,” Starlight whispers in response, cupping Trixie’s cheek. Pressing their foreheads together, Starlight feels the anger in her soul evaporate. Sure, Trixie can be a pain in the ass, but… She’s a pain Starlight never wants to be rid of.

“Whatever you want to do, we can do it. You deserve it after your long shift,” Trixie mentions with a hopeful tone, wrapping her arms around Starlight. Despite how tired her body was just a few minutes ago, Starlight notices just how weightless her body feels at this moment. Taking a deep breath, she shakes her head, knowing that she doesn’t want to make Trixie’s efforts worth nothing in the end.

“We can still make some use of this bunny outfit. It is Easter after all.” Within a second, Starlight pulls Trixie closer by her choker, staring directly in her eyes. “That is if you promise we can cuddle with some coffee after. Okay, bunny?” A surprised look comes over the blue magician, seemingly not expecting this turn in behavior. However, an excited nod comes from her, smiling at the idea.

“Ooh, some great and powerful coffee?” Trixie asks with a smirk, making Starlight roll her eyes with a small laugh. With that kind of coffee, she won’t be able to get enough sleep for work tomorrow. However, Starlight can already tell they won’t be sleeping all that much anyway.

“Sure. Great and powerful it is~”

Comments ( 4 )

nice work

It’s a cold day in hell when you don’t write Sundagio stories. Then again it is pretty chilly right now

11856416
I'm not done writing Sundagio by a long shot :rainbowlaugh: I have wanted to write a Trixie x Starlight fic for a while now, but trust me. Sundagio is still the MVP of ships in my heart~ It will be a lot warmer soon~ :raritywink:

“Isn’t it obvious? It is the great and powerful Easter BDSM session!” Trixie proudly states before a confused expression comes to her face. “Alright, I admit that the title could be a bit shorter. It was hard to fit ‘great and powerful’ in there. I would-” Trixie stops mid sentence when starlight looks towards the ground. A small sigh escapes her lips. Starlight should have remembered. Trixie was hinting at something special happening tonight. After her long shift, she forgot all about it. Now she doesn’t really have the energy to go forward, but…

BDSM? :applejackconfused:

“Ooh, some great and powerful coffee?” Trixie asks with a smirk, making Starlight roll her eyes with a small laugh. With that kind of coffee, she won’t be able to get enough sleep for work tomorrow. However, Starlight can already tell they won’t be sleeping all that much anyway.

Some things never change. :ajsmug:

Login or register to comment