• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 397 Views, 0 Comments

The Lost Journal of Kindra Skywing - KalaAWild



A book is found in Twilight's library that turns out to be a journal

  • ...
 0
 397

Day 7-9 Month 1

Day 7, Month 1

I haven't found any leverage in my search for the cure. These countryside ponies have not fared as well as my ponies in Montana. In fact, it seemed that the town of Kulafa near the Timber Forest had worst symptoms that I have ever seen. Blisters that puss out a mysterious green gloop disgust all healthy ponies and fled the town before getting sick. After the sick have been slain by the virus, the town turned into a ghost town with tumbleweeds only occupying what space the ponies of Kulafa left behind/

My rations that I had once before decrease ever so slowly with each passing day and I fear that if I don't find a populated town that I might meet death a lot sooner than desired.

Day 9, Month 1

I was lucky to find the small town of Ponyville as I ventured down a couple dirt roads. The roads I stepped across had the bile of the sick and the carcasses of the dead littering the streets. Everypony I passed by I prayed for their safe journey to a better place.

Some of these ponies were young, some were old, some stallions while some mares, the rich and the poor shared hoof and hoof on these roads and it only left me puzzled about the sickness. Why didn't it have a target?

These ponies had no common traits and as far as my research went with ascertaining their histories and interactions with each other, it was just random.

When I came to Ponyville, I was nearly deprived of all sustenance and was left with one bit and half a slice of cheese. As I felt the edge of exhaustion hitting against my body, a pony saw me on the streets and invited me to her home to recover.

She was a peculiar pony, the mare was. She had a light blue mane that was so long that it reached passed the shoulders of her foreleg and and it delicately touched the floor. Her coat was white which matched the sky blue eyes she had. Her cutie mark rested on her flank just like mine; the mark had three raindrops on it which were bright blue compared to the coat. Her name was Ame but she pronounced it differently by making the "e" sound like an "eh" and the "a" sound to "ah". I still called her by how I first pronounced it; something similar to Amy than Ame.

Anyways, Ame invited me, a complete stranger to her home. She housed me, fed me, and even gave me a facility to wash all the dirt and blood off of me.

After I washed up, she made dinner for me and I humbly accepted the feast of stuffing and gravy mix. Next to flowers, stuffing during Hearth's Warming Eve tasted really good and it was my favorite. As I ate my dinner, I politely asked her why she helped me.

In response, she said it was out of pure generosity and said that she would gain nothing from it. She noticed me as I walked through town with dirt covering my mane and face and sought out to help a troubled mare. In return, she asked why I was traveling by myself. I gave her a response that I planned to tell to other ponies who would ask the same question. I told her I was investigating the virus that plagued Equestria for the past few months.

She was curious and intrigued about my quest for a cure and kindly asked if she could join me. My quest was perilous but it would be survivable if I had a companion or two. What really convinced me was her special talent. Her special talent was the ability to control the weather. She not only had a unicorn horn but it was fascinating to learn she could do something similar to what a Pegasus can do with the weather.

There was also something else I gained from today. As Ame gave me a tour of Ponyville, I realized that Ponyville was near a ghost town like Kulafa with only about twenty residents living there including Ame. The virus struck the town of its ponies like a flood. I interviewed each of the surviving residentials of the town and asked them about their past and the affiliations with the other ponies who were unfortunate to die to the virus. Just like Kulafa, the ponies were either not connected to the dead or had nothing in common amongst the living.

We almost gave up and Ame almost left with me to migrate to the next town over but one lone survivor helped me with a link. A Pegasus by the name of Starlight came to us on the outskirts of town. Her story about her father falling to the plague helped me connect the virus to the victims. The dead were only family members but it still wasn't enough. I needed more because if the virus was genetic then I would be affected by it and so would Starlight. I need more time...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment