• Published 14th Nov 2023
  • 204 Views, 2 Comments

The Adventures of Circuit Breaker - Bitl



After nearly experiencing death twice as the result of devastating injuries, Equestrian engineer Circuit Breaker wakes up in a cybernetic body fitted with the ability to travel through time, dimensions, and universes.

  • ...
 2
 204

Chapter I - Awakening

[ENTRY CREATED]

Ugh...... What the hell happened? Did I sleep? Maybe. Don't really feel well-rested though.

At least I started to get dreams again after.....a week. Although the ones I had were really abstract. I didn't see anything particularly interesting.

However, I am beginning to feel everything again! My right leg.....stumps don't seem to hurt as much. I think I can open my eyes now.

I open my left one and I see a bright lightbulb hanging over me. I seem to be in an Equestrian hospital. My right eye doesn't seem to open without a bit more effort. Within opening my right eye, however, it's completely black. This is normal though, I designed it like that just so the motors don't immediately break if somepony opens their eyes too fast. In hindsight though, I might need to write some kind of firmware update.

Suddenly, green text comes up on the eye display....

cOS v1.3
© CB-Maretronics

OS Version: v1.3
Device Name: cEYE-R
Device ID: CB-51G47R-Rev2
Camera Driver Version: v1.0

Connecting to Twi-Fi network....Connected to Equestrian Interspace.
ISP: Celestia Communications

New update has been found for Camera Driver: v1.3!
Automatically downloading and installing!
[======================================XXXX]

ERROR: couldn't install update. (Error Code E16) Reverting....
[==========================================]
Reverted Driver.

Establishing connection to neural systems.....OK!
Sending handshake.....Handshake received!
Powering on visual.....

Then....I finally got my sense of depth perception back... I'd argue that my left eye vision is better than the right. Definitely not blind, that's for sure.

I slowly get up to where I'm sitting on my hindquarters. I then look to my right side, and I see that my right legs were replaced with robotic versions.

Good...confirms my suspicions. I then try to move my front left leg and....

Nothing happens. Probably still booting up. cOS takes a bit of time to pair to other body parts after booting up for the first time. I try to move the hoof to the left. It then, after a bit of a delay, moved to the left. After, that, moving it was smooth sailing, no noticeable delay, no QC issues.

Suddenly, the hoof rapidly hits my right eye. Thankfully, it doesn't break the lens, thank Celestia for Manticore Glass 6!

With all my strength, I press my right hoof against the hospital bed with my left one as the robotic hoof spasms about. It slowly then starts to relax. Not an issue I expected, but it's probably because I'm not used to the new limbs yet.

However, didn't learn from that assumption. I try to get down onto the floor and.....

OW...FUCK.

I fell onto the floor, splayed like the branches on a tree. I try to stand back up, but my new legs spasmed while the ones I was born with struggled to get on the floor. Eventually, I finally was able to stand up, despite the intense shaking of all my limbs. Probably not going to try to walk yet until everything's stable.

Right after finally standing upright, I look to my right at the only door, to see a familiar looking stallion looking through it. Immediately afterwards, his face changed from a bored frown, to a surprised look, to a glowing smile in the matter of only a few seconds. He raced towards me saying, in a familiar voice, "HOLY CRAP, CB, YOU'RE OKAY!"

I struggle to continue standing upright due to the shock of seeing a fully grown Equestrian pony run towards me at Mach 3 speeds. I almost fall, but he helps me up and then hugs me with the pressure of a hug delivered by the friendliest bear ever met. It didn't stop me from having a big smile on my face after realizing all of this.

He then said, excitedly, "I am SO glad you recovered so well! The fact you're still here is an absolute miracle! Your injuries almost killed you, but I am so glad you're alive! The 100,000 bits were truly worth it after all!"

I then nervously muttered my first words in weeks. "I-I am happy too see you too, Doctor. What did I m-miss?"

"What didn't you miss?", the Doctor said, still with a smile on his face. "I think I have a few things I need to show you."

I then followed the Doctor to a hidden lab inside the hospital, presumably his lab. Upon moving a bookcase, he opened a secret door and inside was pretty much your stereotypical Equestrian lab environment. We then reached a separate area of his lab, where it seemed he was....presumably doing research on me and my body?

Before I complained to him about the breach of privacy he committed, he started speaking.

"OK, before you start critiquing me, yes, I did do research on you shortly after we recovered you from the rubble. However, it was for a good reason. Hear me out. On our way home, we noticed a large energy spike from your body that seemed to go across multiple dimensions and universes at once. This was a smaller and less intense version of the energy signature from Universe-8320, the universe we took you to. After taking you to this hospital, we noticed that parts of you were appearing and disappearing at certain periods of time. Thankfully, due to the technology you are now equipped with, you are able to control that energy."

"What does this mean?", I ask, very confused about the technical blabber he just subjected me to.

"It means that, in all cases, you got turned into a multi-dimensional anomaly after the destruction of that tower. By us designing new technology that allows you to control the energy, that means you can travel to any world and dimension you wish across the space-time continuum! In addition, we noticed that you became braindead twice during the surgery. However, each time you became braindead, you came back to life within a second or so. Whenever we tried to put in the cuts in your body required to place the implants, your body...healed itself within seconds. We had to use special tools to do the work required."

"So... I not only can travel in all phases of time and space, but I'm also.... immortal?"

"Not precisely, but it potentially means any part of the organic parts of your body can be cut off, and a new one will grow in its place. Like a leaf growing back on a tree in spring, after the leaves fall off it in fall."

"Does that mean my legs will fall off?", I said with a terrified expression as I look at the red hooves I was placed on Equestria with.

"No, silly! If you are ever injured, you will heal within seconds. You're not going to fall apart at some point."

"Oh, right."

Me and the Doctor both stared at each other for a minute or so, and then we both burst with laughter over the absurdity of my logical, but misconstrued assumption.

After we calmed down, the Doctor looked at me and said with a stern expression, "Since you have the ability to travel between dimensions and universes, you can go where no mare or stallion has ever traveled before. With your help, we can write more documentation of what's out there and fix more friendship problems than even Twilight Sparkle could do in a month. You have more power and strength within you than even the Mane 6 combined."

Confused on what to do at this point, as it suddenly felt like there was a whole planet's weight on my hooves, I asked, "What should I do?"

"Follow your heart. You're a strong mare, Circuit. You're still standing, despite everything. You can fix anything your heart desires."

After that, I hug the Doctor and we said our thank yous and farewells. I nodded to him as I channeled the power within me I didn't know I had. From his point of view, I was gone.

I don't know where the hell I'm going next.

[ENTRY CONCLUDED]

Author's Note:

Behind the Scenes (Spoilers Await!)

This was going to include a scene where the Doctor demonstrates the limb growing by cutting off CB's left hoof. I decided to cut this because it didn't make sense for the Doctor's character, and was a sudden and frightening tone change from the Doctor hugging her earlier. I decided that writing about plants would be a better way to explain the idea without having unnecessary violence.

Comments ( 1 )

Hi all, letting everyone know that I did an update to the fanfic that corrects some flow mistakes. This and future updates will be posted on the Blog.

Login or register to comment