• Published 29th Oct 2023
  • 156 Views, 2 Comments

lap of honor - AppleLauda99942



Apple Lauda wants to honor Celestia with a new lap record

  • ...
 2
 156

breaking 6:28

After the outlap, Apple Lauda goes for it. Twilight looks worried towards Starlight.
"I have a bad feeling about this Starlight." Twilight says.
Starlight sighs. "I know Twilight, but we can't do anything now. He's all by himself now"

Apple Lauda blasts through Hatzenbach, barely missing the grass by less than a inch. Twilight knows that Apple Lauda is not messing at all. First split time is a 40.3 at Quiddelbacher Höhe. Starlight's jaw drops.
"HOW DID HE DO THIS?!?!!?!?" Starlight screams in shock.
"He did go with all 4 wheels on the grass, he did cut the corner, but apparently, it didn't give him an advantage." Twilight says. It's true that there's a penalty detection system installed that is strict. Apple Lauda can be lucky that he didn't invalidate his lap at exit Hocheichen.

Apple Lauda however doesn't notice anything that happens around him. Entry foxhole is a 1:11.8, he's on record course. Celestia is watching this as well.

"okay what Apple Lauda does there is beyond insane!!!! if he doesn't slow down, he will crash!!!" Celestia says in a worried tone.

things go very fast for Apple Lauda... he blinks once and suddenly, he's in the next corner. He doesn't feel nervous or so. Anypony would say that he would have no emotions right now.

Apple Lauda knows that this attempt may cost him his life and that's why he wrote a goodbye letter to everypony he knows in advance.

my dear friends and Silverstream

I'm afraid to tell you this but I'm going to try to break the 6:28 minute barrier on the Nordschleife. I don't know how it will go but what I know is, is that if I crash that I could die. I want to say goodbye to all of you just in case that I will fatally crash.

I hope I make it out alive of this. To be honest, I don't want to do this but I want to honor Princess Celestia. I know I should not put my life on the line just to honor somepony. But Celestia is our ruler, the best ruler that I've could have ever imagined. It is my duty to do this. I know your opinion will be a different one, but by the time you read this letter, I might be already trying to break 6:28. I hope it goes well...

Silverstream, if you read this, I wanted to tell you that you're the best what could have happened to me. I will always love you, regardless if I'm alive or in heaven. I love you

yours

Apple Lauda, the Nürburgring God

Apple Lauda races through the corners at maximum attack and at exit Hedwigshöhe, he almost loses control of his car, but saves it just in time.

"that gave me a heart attack there" Twilight says.
"I hope he will make it" Starlight prays.

Apple Lauda doesn't seem to care at all about that little incident. A few minutes later, Apple Lauda approaches the Döttinger Höhe. It's almost over.

Celestia sees the Viper of Apple Lauda hurdling towards the Hohenrain chicane. "There he is!!!!" Celestia says happily.
"He made us worried sick!!!!" Twilight frowns.
"was that necessary Apple Lauda? I mean come on... that is just ridiculous... you will mess up T13 and ruin the lap, as always" Starlight says, knowing what could happen...

but not today... Apple Lauda crosses the finish line in 6:27.9 minutes. He has finally done it...

Apple Lauda pulls back into the pits, and as he gets out of his car, he gets greeted with a hug from Twilight and Starlight.
"don't do this ever again!!!" Twilight begs.
"you almost lost it!!! you're such a crazy stallion!!!" Starlight says.
"that one's for Celestia" Apple Lauda says emotionless.

Celestia comes over to Apple Lauda and speaks up.

"Apple Lauda... in all of these years of ruling Equestria with my sister, I have never seen somepony to do something that dangerous like this. You did truly put your life on the line. I saw how the car unsettled at the exit of Hedwigshöhe. That was really scary for all of us. I have huge respect for this effort. You had only this attempt and you converted it into a sub 6:28 lap. You truly deserve the title Nürburgring God." Celestia says.
"Thank you your highness, I know that I unsettled my car due to my upshift into 5th gear. But I had everything in control, from beginning to the end." Apple Lauda says. He checks the penalty system if he violated the track limits.

But he was lucky... he didn't violate the track limits and the new lap record is now valid.

After this insane attempt, Apple Lauda heads home and takes some rest.
"finally, I can retire from lap record hunting" the Nürburgring God says.

Comments ( 2 )

Awesome story... I think... I might add you to my GT3 race roster

It will be: #942 Apple Lauda, Dodge Viper GT3-R

11734958
thanks, also 942 is a awesome number. A reference to the number 99942.

I added that number on my PSN account because of the asteroid Apophis

Login or register to comment