• Published 9th May 2023
  • 262 Views, 2 Comments

The Curse of Expectations - EroPony1000



Diamond Tiara wonders what her purpose in life is.

  • ...
4
 2
 262

The Curse of Expectations

Diamond Tiara was among the first of her class to get her cutie mark. She was so proud of that fact, yet it happened so fast that it left her with questions.

She did not have to search for it, or learn any lesson. It was thrust upon her, like the wealth she was born into, and she had no idea what it meant.

Was this all her destiny held for her? Was her life’s significance merely being a wealthy brat? These fears did not manifest all at once, but came to gnaw at her in time until she absolutely had to share them with some-pony.

While her own parents couldn’t care less what she did with her time so long as she was out of the house, it took some convincing before Silver Spoon’s would allow Diamond to visit for an afternoon.

In the delicate quiet of Silver’s bedroom, among sheer curtains and frilly bedclothes, she confessed her concern to her only friend and was relieved to learn that they shared the same fears.

Looking back, the two of them were mean—cruel even—to the ‘blank flanks,’ but perhaps in their eyes those unmarked fillies and foals represented the potential that neither of them believed they had themselves.

Their cutie marks were simply brands declaring that this was all there was to them, and that this was all they would ever be.

Silver Spoon had not seen this side of Diamond Tiara since before they started school. Dressed in a precocious outfit consisting of fishnets, a short pleated-skirt belted around her waist and a delicate blouse, capped off with golden horse-shoes, her friend looked every bit the picture of spoiled youth.

Yet her eyes were a mystery of fear and longing.

Sitting across from her on the frilly sheets of her own girlish bed, Silver felt an indescribable desire when she looked at Diamond Tiara, and not for the first time.

She removed her glasses, not wanting the clumsy lenses in the way while she studied the shape of her best friend.

“Don’t you need those?” asked Diamond Tiara. It seemed as though for as long as she had known her, Silver Spoon had been wearing them.

“Actually, the lenses aren’t real. My parents made me wear them. They told me if I wasn’t going to be a smart kid, I should at least look like one.”

A bolt of empathy startled Diamond, and she thought back to her earliest memories of the two of them playing together, before they ever set hoof in the schoolyard, and realized that Silver wasn’t wearing any glasses.

“I remember now, you showed up to our first day of school wearing them. I was so nervous that I didn’t even question it.”

“And I’ve worn them ever since.” said Silver, setting them on her bedside table. “And you know what? I’ve gotten so used to wearing them that sometimes I forget they are just for show.”

Diamond watched as Silver Spoon let down her mane, shaking it loose so that it tumbled down her shoulders like a flurry of snow.

She thought that she looked rather cute in her sweater and white stockings. It was a casual, cozy look that she thought suited her very well.

She wanted to say something to her friend that would make her feel better, and perhaps put her own mind at ease, but she was young and did not fully understand her feelings let alone put them into words.

What she could do, however, was express herself in a more direct manner.

After staring directly into her friend’s eyes for perhaps the first time since before they were students, Diamond Tiara leaned over and kissed her on the mouth.

She did it without thinking. It felt terrifying, electrifying, and most importantly: gratifying. Both of them had closed their eyes, letting them flutter open when their lips separated. There was no regret, no judgement. They were both smiling.

“That was my first kiss.” said Silver after a moment, flushed.

“Mine too.” admitted Diamond. “How’d I do?”

Silver Spoon’s heart was racing. “I’m glad it was you.” She said.

Those words sent Diamond Tiara over the edge. She fell upon her friend, who looked up at her blushing and bewildered.

Diamond kissed her neck and nibbled her ear. Silver trembled at first, but though she was afraid she had never before felt so loved.

Diamond nudged the hem of Silver's parka up over her navel, then stuck her tongue inside. Silver let out a sound somewhere between a squeak and a moan.

Incensed by her friend’s real voice, so often strained with false arrogance just like her own, she kept exploring her belly-button with her tongue while Silver-Spoon tensed and writhed.

She pressed her lips over it and formed a seal, then began to suck. Silver felt like she would turn inside out, and began to notice a gathering heat between her hind legs…

There was a knock at the door.

Diamond Tiara pushed herself off Silver so fast she fell over backwards, and Silver Spoon sat up just in time for the maid to open the door and enter with a tray of sparkling waters.

The maid examined the girls, placed the tray on the nightstand and left, closing the door behind her.

The two fillies looked at one another, then burst out laughing. Both of their hearts were racing, the thrill of nearly being caught running through them.

When it ran its course they were out of breath, a few giggles surfacing now and again like aftershocks.

When they had calmed down they sat awhile in silence, both wanting to resume… what ever it was they were doing, but neither knowing where to start.

The moment, it seemed, had passed. And yet, they had both gained something.

By the time Diamond was back home she felt exhausted, but also hopeful. Perhaps she and Silver could discover themselves together. The thought made her feel warm as she fell asleep.

Author's Note:

A little story about a couple of characters I don’t find myself thinking about too often. I hope it turned out ok. :twilightblush: