• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 1,606 Views, 3 Comments

Dreaming My Life Away, Fashionably - SMP



One little dream is all it takes to brighten your life,

  • ...
3
 3
 1,606

Dreaming My Life Away, Fashionably

Dreaming My Life Away, Fashionably

“Okay Rarity you can do this, this will be your greatest design ever.” Rarity placed the tip of her pen to the paper and concentrated waiting for her inspiration to come. Outside the sun traveled across the sky finally sinking below the horizon and the moon and the stars appeared but Rarity so determined to make a perfect designed ignored the exceptionally beautiful night and in time it also faded away to be replaced by the rising sun. Soon after the sky became clouded over and it started to rain and the rain turned to snow and then the sky cleared and the sun shined once more.

Sweetie Belle trotted into the boutique and shook her mane dry while commenting, “that was some strange weather we had for the past hour I wonder if Rainbow Dash was responsible for it.” A loud thud made her turn to find that her sister had slammed her head onto her desk. “Well I can see your busy and I wouldn’t want to disturb you so I’ll just go now,” with that Sweetie Belle turned and trotted right back out the door not wanting to get caught up in her sister’s fashion slump.

Rarity picked up her head the paper stuck to her face for a second before it drifted back down to the table still as blank as Sweetie Belle’s flank. Looking down at the paper she groaned and buried her face in her hooves muttering to herself until she let out a loud yawn. Blinking in surprise she shook her head vigorously not wanting to let sleep get to her before she had a chance to create her best design ever. However, the lure of sleep proved to be too strong and finally Rarity gave in promising herself to just take a quick nap and then back to the drawing board and without even realizing it she fell asleep at her desk.

“Rarity, Rarity can you wake up now, please,” Rarity was powerless to resist that angelic voice and opened her eyes to see Twilight standing there looking beautiful as always.”

“You’re a wonderful sight to wake up to Twilight,” Rarity’s compliment made Twilight blush in such a cute way.

“Thank you I just came by to ask if you’re not too busy I have a favor to ask.” Twilight glanced down at the paper and pen and Rarity quickly jumped up and lead Twilight away from the desk.

“I’m never too busy for you Twilight dear, now tell me what you need.”

“Well this is going to sound rather awkward, but…” she trailed off while turning her head and casting a sly glance at Rarity from the corner of her eye. Rarity squirmed for two reasons at that look, but she forced herself to choose the second.

“Oh, Twilight you have to tell me, you know I thrive off of gossip so please just tell me.” Rarity quivered while Twilight smiled at her.

“Oh, alright, well I need a wedding dress maybe two of them,” Rarity cocked her head in puzzlement as Twilight frowned slightly in worry at Rarity’s expression. “Uh, yes it is for two mares is that a problem.” Rarity blinked at Twilight unable to believe what she was hearing when realization struck her.

“Oh, I see,” then to Twilight’s relief she began to laugh, “Darling I have no problem with two mares being together or even two stallions for that matter. You see when I was a child it was my dream to marry a prince and live the high life and if it wasn’t for that disaster at the Gala I might still be like that. I must admit that it does surprise me that somepony as sweet as Princess Celestia has a nephew like Blueblood, I mean it just seems impossible, but there you go.” Rarity shrugged while Twilight smile widened at Rarity’s view and rewarded her with a hug that made Rarity blush as red as Big Macintosh’s coat.

“That’s great and also how should the question be asked… uh, Rarity,” Twilight gazed at Rarity with concern when she suddenly went stiff as a board.

“You mean to tell me that they haven’t’ even proposed to each other yet.”

“Uh, no.”

“No, no, no that will not do, true the wedding is the special day, but the proposal the beginning of it all must be done before anything else it is a beautiful thing that must not be neglected for anything.” Rarity’s slammed the ground a fire raging in her eyes at somepony casually ignoring one of the most romantic things anypony could ever do. “Now I see why they didn’t come to me directly I couldn’t stand for this not to mention that they obviously want to keep this a secret and with my knowledge of gossip it might have spread faster than they wanted.”

“Rarity I’m sure…” Rarity however just calmly put her hoof over Twilight’s mouth and continued on.

“Darling you misunderstand I am proud of my knowledge of gossip and I probably couldn’t resist letting something so juicy just slip out.” Rarity removed her hoof and paced angrily up and down muttering to herself.

“So how would you do it,” Twilight’s question made Rarity halt and turn to face her as she considered the potential situation.

“Well to start everything must be perfect, absolutely no flaws whatsoever, you know the right clothing, accessories, location, dinner and desert, drink, ring, of course none of those is the key to the proposal.”

“Then what is?” Twilight frowned puzzled at what could be left.

“Why the proposal itself of course the entire thing could end in complete disaster and there could be no ring, but the proposal would be the true deciding factor. It is the most important part and must be spoken from the heart or else it doesn’t really matter.” Twilight was quite surprised that Rarity was willing to consider letting a disaster go and decided to test the waters some more.

“So as long as the proposal is beautiful and true that is all that matters?”

“Of course.”

“Even if it is a complete surprise?”

“Now that is even better, to hit them with it when they are least expecting it is even more romantic than an obvious well planned surprise, of course it doesn’t hurt to have a romantic gesture prepared for after the proposal of course.”

“Of course,” Twilight spoke slowly her smile threatening to split her face in half. Slowly Twilight sank to her knees and took Rarity’s front hooves in her own.

“Rarity you are the kindest, gentlest, and most generous pony I know, you are a wonderful and loyal friend and somepony I can rely on in any situation. You always strive to help people and give them what they want even when you gain nothing from it, but the knowledge that you could do a bit of kindness for them. I would be honored beyond my worth if you would consider me worthy enough to wed. Rarity will you be my wife?”

Rarity felt tears pour from her eyes as her voice was temporarily lost in the soft sobs that escaped her. After a few minutes she finally managed to gather enough voice to respond. “I, oh Twilight, I would be honored if you, oh Twilight, would let me be your wife. My worth is nothing compared to yours you are the greatest pony in all of the world and I am, but a candle to the sun that is your luminous self. I would be honored to be your wife, oh this is just like a dream come true.”

“Not yet it’s not,” Twilight said before leaning forward and puckering her lips. Rarity gasped and quickly thrust her own muzzle forward and their lips meet in shared bliss. Eventually the kiss stopped and Twilight spoke again, “now it’s a dream come true.” She leaned forward and gently licked Rarity between her eyes causing her to giggle.

“Oh, Twilight you naughty mare,” Rarity blinked once and suddenly her eyes shot open as she realized that it wasn’t Twilight licking her it was Opalescence. Her shriek of frustration caused every animal to flee from the direction of the boutique and everypony to stop and stare in its direction. When she finally calmed down she noticed that her magic had lifted her pen into the air and looking down at the paper she saw that it was now full. There was not one design, but two beautiful wedding dresses displayed in multiple views and the last picture in the center showed herself and Twilight in the dresses and kissing.

“Uhm, Rarity are you alright?” Sweetie Bell’s voice made Rarity jump as she seized the paper gently in her teeth and fled past her little sister as she rushed up the stairs and to her room. Once inside she shut and locked the door and then tilted a chair under the doorknob. She then used her magic to shut and lock the shutters and even went so far as to pull the curtains closed and tie them shut as well. Finally she knelt to the floor and used her magic to pry up a loose floorboard under her bed and levitate her diary out of the hole. She removed the key from its hiding spot under her mattress and unlocked the diary and carefully folded the paper before she placed it in the front of her diary and returned everything to the way it was before she had burst in. Making sure everything was settled she skipped merrily out of the room and patted Sweetie Bell on the head and grabbed some fresh paper and pens the wedding theme giving her several design ideas she wanted to get down on paper and maybe one day she could make the images into reality.

Comments ( 3 )

D'aaawww:raritystarry:

Couple of spelling errors at start, but that doesnt deter a good short:pinkiehappy:

I like it. Keep it up amigo.

Login or register to comment