• Published 20th Jan 2023
  • 351 Views, 35 Comments

Three Choices - WurkyWilk358 0w0

  • ...
3
 35
 351

Chapter 3

After careful consideration, you immediately cast aside the notion of robbing this kind fellow, and it would be considered impolite to just up and leave after Dapper offered you shelter. You realize that even if you had taken the coins from the shelf, you probably wouldn’t get far anyway since Dapper knows your face and is basically what is considered a cop in this strange world. Having a criminal record right off the bat, including the fact that he works for the law, is a bad play entirely. Not to mention, where exactly would you go if you decided to leave? There’s no telling what else this world is like, and it would be best to just stay put. You remain on the couch until Dapper eventually comes out from the room dressed in simple pajamas.

“Would you like to take a shower too?” Dapper offers.

“Oh, no, that’s fine, but thank you,” you say as Dapper sits on the chair beside the sofa.

“It’s not every day that I offer anypony to spend the night at my place, especially somepony I’ve just met,” Dapper points out.

“I know,” you say. “And it’s not every day I wake up in an alley with no recollection as to how I ended up here in a world I did not recognize.”

“Fair point,” Dapper said with a chuckle. “Do you at least remember what the world you came from was like?”

You nod and tell Dapper all about your world, at least the parts that you could easily explain. Dapper seems intrigued with your descriptions. Hearing about a different world from what he considers you as an alien is very interesting to him.

“Wow, your world sounds amazing!” Dapper said.

“I guess it does have its merits,” you shrug but then frown. “I just hope that I can find a way back soon.”

“Hey, I know things look kinda bleak, but I’m sure it’ll all work out,” Dapper reassures you. “You just need a good night’s sleep. That always helps me whenever I’m feeling down.”

You give Dapper a small smile and a nod. “Maybe you’re right, Dapper, plus I am kinda tired.”

“Wait here, I’ll go get you a spare pillow and blanket,” Dapper says and stands up and walks out of the room for a moment.

He comes back with a pillow and simple blanket and hands you them.

“Hope you sleep well, we’ll figure out what to do next in the morning,” Dapper says and leaves to go to his room.

You adjust yourself on the couch as Dapper turns off the lights. You stare up at the ceiling as your eyes slowly begin to close. Your worries about your current predicament wash away as you allow sleep to take hold. You don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but the least you can do for the moment is try to get some sleep.


You open your eyes, and instead of being met with the morning sun, you find yourself in a strange starry void. You’re unfamiliar with your surroundings, and notice that you are floating in midair. You look around and all you continue to see is nothing but the endless void. The only logical explanation to your current state is that you are having a dream. However, this dream is a little odd to you. It doesn’t feel like any normal dream that you have had prior to this one. It feels like you are awake, but also asleep at the same time.

Suddenly, a bright light shines above you. You look up to see the full moon in all its glory. The moon looked like it was much closer to you than it does when usually in the sky. You couldn’t help but admire the light from the moon and found yourself gazing at it for an untold amount of time. Your moon gazing, unfortunately, was cut short when you heard a faint sound. It was an unusual sound that seemed to echo all around you. When you looked around the void, you didn’t see anything else besides the moon above. Just then, the noise became louder and sounded like someone was laughing. Just as you turned back to see the moon, you were shocked to see a pair of eyes staring at you. They were a pair of brilliant emerald colored eyes with cat-like slitted pupils. You stared at the eyes for a good minute until the eyes squinted at you and you heard the laugh again. This time, you could hear it more clearly and it sounded feminine.

“It appears my efforts proved fruitful after all,” the female voice said.

“Wh-Who are you?” You ask, now a bit nervous.

“Who I am matters not,” the voice stated. “What matters is what I’m about to tell you. You are a peculiar specimen, and are the only one I have been able to make contact with ever since I was stuck in this prison of mine.”

You weren’t sure what she meant until you glanced up at the moon.

“You’re…stuck on the moon?” you asked hesitantly.

“Not for long,” the voice said, sounding malicious. “I shall soon be free, but I am at an impasse. You see, in just two days time, there shall be a certain celebration held. On that night, I shall make my grand return. The only problem is that I need a certain object that can only be found in an old castle. Since you are the only one I’ve been able to contact, and given the fact that you clearly are not a pony or any magical creature I know of, you are the only one I can think of to acquire this item.”

“Why should I help you?” You boldly ask. “What even is this item that you need?”

“That’s none of your concern,” the voice said. “But what I can offer you, should you help me, is my favor. If you help acquire this item for me, I will see to it that you are rewarded appropriately for aiding me. I am a mare of my word, and my word is absolute.”

You tried to contemplate what was transpiring presently. What was thought to be just a strange dream ended up being some kind of freaky mental communication with a formless apparition who is now demanding for your help getting an unknown item from some vague old castle.

You were hesitant to agree because everything about this voice sounded like bad news. Whoever this is obviously sounds like someone who would most likely cause you an unknown amount of trouble that you felt like you couldn’t afford right now.

However, the part about her making it worth your while did sound admittedly intriguing. Maybe whatever she was offering could prove to be advantageous for you. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to take her up on her offer, right?

You also get an idea of your own. What if you could somehow manipulate her to strike a bargain that would prove advantageous for you? You hypothetically could get her to promise to obey your every command in exchange for getting the item. You could also convince her that you are her only hope in ensuring whatever plan she has goes without a hitch.

Author's Note:

Option 1: Deny her.

Option 2: Comply with her.

Option 3: Attempt to manipulate her.

Choose wisely.

Side Note:
We apologize for taking longer than we said we would. We had a bit of a block but managed to come up with a new chapter.

Comments ( 5 )

option 3 cuz i want to see him get fucked over

ITS OBVIOUSLY NIGHTMARE MOON And we cant trust her.

Option 1

2 and 3 might both be BETRAYAL.. She cant be trusted

Option 1, but only because you want to some time to think about whether you should agree or not.

Login or register to comment