• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

Ain’t That a Kick In the Head Pt 1.

Fallout: Equestria-Lovely New Pegasus

Ain’t That a Kick In the Head Pt 1.

-=-=-=-=-

“Waking up now, are we?” The voice is fatherly. The face is an elderly plum earth pony stallion. The wisps of mane that circle his head probably weren’t grey originally. It’s still coming into focus. “How about you just slow down. Get your bearings. Let’s see what the damage is. Can you tell me your name?”

“I don’t have a name.” My hooves just don’t want to work right… neither do my eyes for that matter.

“Just keep on staying calm. Everypony has a name. Do you remember the name your parents gave you.?” I have to focus my ears on his voice, and my eyes on his face. I’m in a hospital… no… a doctor’s office. There ain’t no Hospitals this far out.

“My parents gave me a Giddyup Buttercup doll when I was colt. I ain’t got that no more, neither.” Each shuck sends a shock of pain to my contused brain and excruciation along the new sutures across my forehead. “I’m just a courier. Call me Courier 6, or just whatever. I don’t care.”

“Hmph, well it ain’t what I woulda chose for ya, but if that’s what say your name is then that’s your name.”

“I ain't got one of those, but whatever…” I feel like a petulant foal even as I know I’m gonna say it again.

“Well, my name’s Doc Hitch All. That’s what every pony here calls me.” He chuckles, and damn if he ain’t got the best bedside manner. “Given the extent of your injuries, some memory loss is to be expected. Lets focus on what you do remember… Do you remember where you were from?”

“Dad was from some kind of think-tank, ma technically didn’t have a brain? Or they was scavvers that hooked up? How am supposed to know?” I don’t mean to be that blunt. But what kinda world do we got when we lie to our own doctors.

“Fair Enough.” My very patient doctor continues. “But do you remember where?”

“It was a farming commune, north of Boulder City.” As I focus I become more aware of his downright imposing mustache.

“Good… good.” The doc smiles. “Now I’m going to give you a mirror. I take great pride in my needlework. But keep in mind you got shot in the face. And most of those scars were already there.”

Damn I wish I’d forgot how ugly I was. My cyan fur is in a constant state of molt. Radiation don’t get at me no more than the next colt, I’m just real slow to shake it, even with the RadAway. Pretty much anywhere my patchy fur don’t cover is scar tissue. I can take a beating real good, but healing magic just kinda rolls right over me. So everything heals natural, it heals painful, and it leaves a scar. I chuckle real friendly-like. “Damn Doc, you did good. I can barely tell which two are the new scars.”

“I always work to do my best.” I already like the Doc. Like, I kinda gotta, but he’s just genuinely a good decent pony. “You seem to be pretty steady on your hooves why don’t you you just walk right over to the VigorTron over there and I can figure out if your ready to be released yet.”

I put one hoof in front of the other as if it comes naturally. He has a VigorTron! Only the best doctors have VigorTrons! I one hundred percent don’t stagger. I am not staggering. That was a cocky sway! It’s not a stagger, it is a swagger.

“Slow down. It ain’t a race.” Have I mentioned that Doc is just the best? “This ain’t no contest. You just woke up. You just keep putting one hoof in front of the other.”

The VigorTron! The genius creation of the Old World Minister of Morale. Pinkie Pie is watching you. Always. And the only thing good about any respectable doctor visit is the VigorTron. You’re enemies might talk you down, your friends may talk you up. But the Vigortron always gives it’s bells and whistles. And the lights always laugh. And they always laugh with you. Pinkie Pie knew what she was up to. There’s a reason ponies feared that smile. I can’t help but flash an ugly smile at the machine as I face her smiling judgment.

-=- New Player Character created-=-

Name: …

Fur color: Cyan

Fur Style: Molting.

Mane Color: Deep Blue

Mane Style: Stringy

Choose Up to Two Traits:

Undestructible - That which doesn’t kill you is pretty much everything. You can never drop below 1 HP. However Healing potions and Radaway only work at ½ strength, while MedX and RadX are completely ineffective for you. Embrace the Pain!

Unnamed - They’ve given you a number and they’ve taken away your name. All Karma, both Good and Bad, that you receive is halved. You also have some unique dialogue paths opened.

S-10
P-3
E-10
C-3
I-4
A-4
L-1

Skill Points to Distribute: 75

Pistols: 15
Bludgeoning Weapons: 15
Science: 15
Lock Picking: 15
Survival: 15

-=-Accept Player Character? Y/N-=-