• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

Shoot Out at Good Springs Pt 1

Shoot Out at Good Springs Pt 1

The Thirsty Devil is a waterin’ hole, I’d wager. It’s got that hard to tell if it’s pre or post war construction look about it. Either it’s pretty well built for the wasteland, or goddesses this place was dive before the megaspells fell. Seems like a classy enough joint, at any rate.

It’s even got the classic bat wing doors! I swear this is the BEST town to wake up from a coma in! The angry words waft out of the saloon as I enter. “This yer last warnin’. Either you turn over that caravaner, or the Powder Gangers gonna blow this town off the map! We don’t leave any witnesses! That’s how everypony knows we the baddest! So ain’t nobody leavin’ until you turn him over!”

And I swear when I walk in that bar every face turns a shade of pale, all except talkity pony. “You need to just walk away and mind your own business old buck.”

“That’s an option?” I’m honestly mildly vexxed. “I can just walk out of town and report back to work at Primm?”

“Are you stupid?!?!” Talkity is a unicorn in an NCR convict jumpsuit. I don’t think he’s very bright. “I just said nopony’s leaving till we get that caravaner.”

“So, and I only heard your side of this.” I nod slowly, cause there’s still a bit of an ache upstairs. “You want this one caravanner because you can’t leave witnesses… or, I guess, nopony will know how bad you are? Am I understanding this right? And until you settle this, you won’t let me just report back to work at the Marejave Express?”

“What’s there to misunderstand?!?!” Talkity screams and flails his fore hooves like he’s gonna hit somepony,because he thinks being louder makes him more right. “All you all gotta do is just sacrifice one pony and everyone else gets to live.”

It’s hard to say what happens next. I almost feel like I remember something. Then I’m holding a bar stool in my mouth and Talkity is just begging his little heart out until, while the stool breaks into smaller and smaller pieces. I spit the last piece into his broken face. “Yer the witness! Crawl your sorry ass up that hill and tell your gang I’m comin’ behind ya!”

And everypony in the bar and even that one zony chick is lookin’ at me… funny. Like I done did something. So I guess I gotta say something. “You can always go the option to just run for the hills. Ain’t no shame in it. I’m gonna need whatever ammo you got. Maybe some dynamite? I dunno? Might work, might not. If ya ain’t gonna stick around, then you might as well go.”

“Stranger, I understand that you don’t know what’s rightly goin’ on around these parts.” The mare behind the bar fixes me with her most starity stare. “But you don’t understand, neither. They got a dozen ponies up the hill between us and Prim. And they all got NCR repeater rifles and more dynamite than they got the brains to count.”

“Name’s Easy Streak, youngster.” An elderly brown earth pony with just wisps of grey clinging to his mane like clouds walks right up to me. “Do you really intend to take on the Powder Gangers?”

“I intend to walk to Prim. And I intend to break anypony that stands between here and there. You folk can make your sacrifice, or you can fight, or you can just walk away. Don't mean much to me.”

Author's Note:

Two short chapters in one week.  I know.  But they really do go together… kinda… I swear… :pinkiecrazy: