• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

They Shot the Sherriff Pt3

They Shot the Sherriff Pt3

-=-=-=-=-

“Oh, wow! Somepony replaced her horn with a short-range laser cannon!” I am doing serious work and not making pew-pew noises.

“Does he know that Giddyup Buttercups were designed as robot toys for little fillies?” I am not listening to Princess right now because she is talking stupid.

“He just blew up a casino full of raiders.” I can hear Boss Lady talking in the back ground, but I’m too busy to really listen. “Do you really wanna call him out for playing with dolls? Cause I ain’t gonna be the one.”

“Giddyups weren’t toys, sugarcube.” I’m vaguely aware of Jack-E talking good sense as I work the solder gun to secure my makeshift electronic components. “They’re sophisticated robotic domestic servants programmed to work with young foals. Their spell matrix is easily as sophisticated as any Ms. Nanny bot. I reckon had to be. Don’t let the small size fool ya, the only things with more processin’ power would be a Securetron like my myself, or debatably, maybe, an Assaultron.”

“I can appreciate what you’re sayin’, Jackie.” This damn capacitor just won’t seat right. I’ma have to bend the prongs a little. This would be way easier if certain some ponies would be quiet and let me work. I’m not looking at Princess, because I’m trying to make this capacitor fit. “But am I wrong being a little weirded out watching a cold blooded murderer ‘play doctor’ with a metal filly doll?”

“Well, when you put it that way, sugarcube… ya might got a point there.” Dammit Jack-E your supposed to be on my side here.

“Okay, just a little cosmetic damage to her left flank, nothing a little scrap metal can’t fix.” I rivet in an old sky wagon license plate and a selective cut from a ‘Sweetie Drops Gourmet Bon Bons’ wall sign. “Now I just gotta plug in the spark battery.”

“I AM gonna need you to replace that.” Jackie mutters testily. “I like having my back up power supply…”

“Giddyup Buttercup Unit Number SB-8675309 online. Please initiate heart to hoof biometric registration.” I am niether crying nor giggling like a school filly as I kneel down to let let the little bot place her hoof on my chest. “Biometric registration complete. Username is required to continue.”

“I, uh, don’t know my name?” Honestly I’m surprised that hasn’t been a problem up till now, I glance back at Boss Lady, who just shrugs.

“Hello, Error! No Name!” The little bot pronks in delight as she sing-songs in auto-tuned happiness. “I am your Faithfull Cybernetic Companion, and we are going to be best friends forever! Would you like to give me my own special name?”

“Sweet-E-978?” I read from the patch I just riveted in place.

Her head turns following my gaze. “Gasp! I have a cutie mark!”

“You seem to be functioning pretty good, girl.” I know I’m grinning like a fool. “Just hold still for me, there’s something jammed in you’re holotape-deck.”

“Audio file one of [unknown] recovered.” Sweet-E’s voice goes flat as she announces system status.

“I knew you’d survive. It’s a cold homecoming seeing the place you called home blown to hell, isn’t it? I left you a present, because everypony deserves a friend. She’s cold, mechanical, and fake. Just like you.” The voice is like gravel and hate were thrown in a blender together. “I never liked you, Courier Six. Always pretending to be something you’re not. You remind me of a tribe Caesar once sent me to subvert. They noticed my knotted mane and tried to emulate it to gain my favor. But where the knots in my mane told the story of my life to anyone who could read them, their pale imitation was simply the gibberish garbage of ponies desperate to fit in. Just the way you choose to pretend to be a wastelander. I joined the couriers as an honest liar. I was a spy for Caesar. I grew beyond that, because I was always true to myself. You, though? There is no one you lie to more than yourself. You can never change. You’re a destroyer. When you're ready to face what you did you can find me in Sire’s Hollow.”

Author's Note:

=+=+=+=
 New Companion Perk:  Say Hello To my Little Friend

Sweet-E is now your Faithful Cybernetic Companion Best Friend Forever.  Your carry capacity is permanently reduced by 20%, because she must have ponyback rides.  In return, she will target hostiles via SATS with her weapons systems.  In addition she can disengage from riding on your back to explore areas too small for you to access, and engage terminals with her superior l33t hacking skills.

New Quest Opened:  Sweet-E My Love

As you travel with Sweet-E you can unlock new audio logs that reveal her origins, Courier 5’s machinations, and maybe learn a little about yourself.