• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

Shoot Out at Good Springs Pt 3

“Okay so which one of you runs the local store… cause I need bullets?” I am on a roll being super reasonable.

“That’d be Slim Pickin’s next door.” The Zony mare in the back is super helpful. “But don’t expect help from him. He was already figuring on rolling over to the Powder Gangers when this all started.”

“Great! Then he was already planning on getting robbed!” And there goes my reasonable streak. Gone so fast.

“Wait, you’re going to rob the General Store?” Appleine… That’s her name! She picks up on things right quick.

“Well someone is gonna rob it today. Either me or the gang that’s gonna blow up the town.” Honestly, I have never thought more clearly in my life. Fuck Brain Damage.

“Can you spot me some dynamite, Lucky?” I think that’s a charming smile… It is honestly hard to tell these days.

“He’s got moxxy!” The Zony in the back pipes up. “I like him!”

“Hell, I cain’t see things getting any more blown up at this point.” The old buck demonstrates his vast skills at the rolling of eye-balls.

“That’s the spirit! Hey Jackie, You get to throw dynamite!” I holler out to my Cowpoke buddy who can’t come in because Apple-Tina doesn’t let robots in her bar. And Jack-E is just too damn noble to just walk in and be like “Buck you!”

“We ain't really gonna rob him are we? That don’t feel right.” In that moment Jackie is the conscience I never wanted nor asked for.

“Hell, Oh!” I cheerfully announce as
I walk around the corner from one corner to the next. As I walk through the next door I laugh. “You are about to be robbed! …by the Powdergangers… in the next couple of hours.”

“Look, my prices don’t budge, bruh. You wanna get blown to hell, fight all ya want. All we gotta do is turn over the caravanner.” Tan… green mane… smooth talkin face.

“Deal done changed… bruh….” My smile is a weapon. “If you think they gonna protect you, then you just go with that. You tell the Powder Gangers how I just robbed you. I dare ya.”

“Look here Mister, maybe you better leave before I holler for Mr. Snake Oil. You might have seen him next door at Appleine’s dive. Big tough lookin’ fella.” Ol’ Green Mane just told me too much. “I already bought in with the Powder Gangers. If Appleine’s smart, she will too.”

I can’t help but chuckle. “Ya know what? That’s a damn fine idea! Let’s just go next door and see how that works out.”

Damn fool tries to pull some cute little hold out pistol when I walk around the makeshift counter. A hoof and a broke jaw dissuades him from violence.

So I just drag him across the way like a whipped dog by his scruff, with him cursin’ and hollerin’ the whole way.

“HEY!” I shout, even as I wince at the noise. “This fella said somepony named, what was it, Mister? Snake Oil? Oh yeah, that! He done paid off Mr. Snake Oil for protection! Is there a Mr. Snake Oil over here?”

The zony mare is rolling on her barstool. She is just really good at laughing and staying on a barstool. But The barmaid ain’t laughing… “Appleine, I’m just thinking ahead!”

The flurry of hooves she introduces to his face suggests she don’t agree with him.

“You sold us out!” I gotta throw myself between her and green-mane.

“Let him walk up that hill.” And she throws a mean left hoof jab. Don;t let nopony tell you otherwise.

“Tartarus on a stick, you can actually carry your protection up the hill. He really ain’t made it far. He has at least two broken legs. This is a sad laugh, so you know.” Zony chick is in my fave ponies for life so far list.

Author's Note:

Zony Chick will get a name, I swear.