• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

The Road to Fort Friendship Pt.1

As we walk down the dusty road to Fort Friendship, a raspy, elderly stallion sings a song of addiction and pain over sweet’s, honestly impressive sound system. As the song draws to a close, the DJ’s smooth voice cuts in.

“That was Johnny Clydesdale, with ‘Hurt’.” I gotta admit, I’ve always liked Mr. New Pegasus. “And now in the news: It looks like the Marejave Express is back, and under new management. One half delivery ponies, one half law enforcement to the independent settlements of the Marejave waste, it appears rumors of the demise of our beloved courier office were greatly exaggerated!”

“Hey, they’re talking about us on the radio!” Jackie’s ear’s suddenly perk up on her screen.

“Our Courier’s have rallied, it seems, and driven back the gangs brought to our fair wasteland by the NCR.” Goddesses but he is one smooth DJ. Pretty sure Mr. New Pegasus is an AI. “Good Springs and Prim and Propper have been liberated, not by the invasionist military actions of New Canterlot, or New Roam. No, these independent settlements were freed by the actions of our Couriers, led by the new Postmaster, Courier #33 Sherriff Princess Zena.”

“Ya see, Jackie?” I grin for all I’m worth. “We do good. I know it’s messy, and that’s mostly my fault, but we do good. The mail is what holds a society together.”

“Why did you put Princess in charge, Six?” Jackie’s screen arc’s a friendly eyebrow. “For that matter, why did she take such an interest in you? I know you don’t remember it, but you were up roamin’ about Goodsprings, makin’ ponies all kinds of nervous for days. And she kept lookin’ after you.”

“Now at first I thought there was some kinda infatuation goin’ on, but Princess is frankly disturbed by the idea. And she obviously ain’t you’re type.” Jackie flails a noodle arm in the direction of Sweets.

“Do not make it weird!” My pint size balefire bomb argues in passionate, autotuned argument.

“Believe me, Sweet-E, that weird ship done sailed.” And we are getting the flat face again.

“You’re the best, Sweets.” I look over my shoulder to give her a nuzzle. “Princess reminds me of a zebra I think I knew… but I don’t remember, for sure. It was from way before I was… this. It was after I came out of the vault… but before…”

“Before what, six?” Jackie’s smile is nothin’ but kind on her screen. “We’ve talked about this Six. A lot. I’m trying to help you here.”

“Before something happened and I got burned.” And for one moment there is a compact mirror is the sand and I see myself, and with one stomp it is forgotten. “I don’t know why I trust her, and I know less why she trusts me.”

“We’re friends Six. You can talk to me, Sugarcube. Out loud, if you need to.” Jackie throws her untrained noodly arms around my barrel in what I am assuming she intends as a hug. She’s a pony-bot in a robo-centauroid body. She does the best she can with arms.

Author's Note:

Jack-E does the best she can with her noodle arms. :ajsmug: