• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

They Shot the Sherriff Pt4

They Shot the Sherriff Pt4

-=-=-=-=-=-

“That dirty son of a whorse!” I can’t disagree as the Boss Lady snorts in rage. “I always knew he was Legion. But I gave him the benefit of good faith. Even the legion doesn’t cross the courier union. Whoever took down Primm weren’t proppin’ up the Powder Gangers… they was taking down the Marejave Express. Five didn’t sell us out to the Legion, they need us as much as the NCR. He sold us out to that snake in the slick suit from the strip.”

“Checkers.” I nod my head. “He lined us all up and jumped us all at once.”

“You know that slick dressin’ snake tongued devil, Six?” Boss Lady fixes me with a thousand yard stare I normally only see when I walk up on mirrors. “Cause I told Courier #1, Ditzy Doo herself, this station would never fall. And he made me into a liar.”

“I don’t remember his name, but I call him Checkers. He’s the one that shot me in the head.” I snort angrilly, because I’m really angry and I need a good snort. Then, something suddenly occurs to me. “I also don’t remember my own name… which is occasionally problematic now that I’m registering robots… Boss Lady, maybe an odd question… but do you know my actual name?”

“Sorry Six,” the old nag chuckles, “Courier records only identify by Courier Rank and Cutie Mark. In your case, it’s just one big mass of scar tissue, pretty much like the rest of you. So not much to go by there.”

“Error! No Name! Is a ruggedly handsome older gentlecolt whose face has a lot of… character!” Sweet-E defends me in perfect auto-tune. I’m sorry Jackie, but she’s the best robot now.

“We’re getting off track, sugar cube.” Jack-E you are always that voice of reason I never asked for. “What does any of this have to do with these Powder Gangers taking over the Gladmane?”

“I’m getting to that.” Boss lady snarls all testy-like. “So Ol’ Pear Cider, he ran the Gladmane. Started letting the Powder Gangers hole up and his establishment. Technically not NCR jurisdiction, and caps was caps, or so he said. NCR didn’t like that much, which cut into business for the Glim Glam.”

“The PostMaster runs the Glim Glam.” Jackie does another one of those external speaker stage whispers. She knows what she’s doing…

“Do you know the history of the couriers, bot?” The gray mare scowls. “We didn’t start with delivering packages. We started as shopkeepers. We started with Ditzy Doo, a humble ghoul in Apploosa who brought the Grand Pegasus Enclave to its knees. We ran the places where ponies would stop on the long road to trade, rest, and gather precious information about the road ahead. General stores, taverns, inns, and yes, casinos.”

“The point bein’, that old Pear Cider figured he could get some quick caps lettin’ the Powder Gangers congregate right across the bridge from the NCR outpost. He figured Sherriff Sour Apple could keep things peaceable enough.” Boss lady rants on. Her nickers are in a bunch over this, and now I have her nickers in my brain and I’m curious if Sweet-E would apply some laser powered brain-bleach. “The ‘New Canterlot’ republic officers just set up a blockade on the other side of the blockade at the bridge to keep the caravanners away from the raider gang they brought in to begin with. And at the same time keeping them from pouring caps into the town.”

Author's Note:

x-x-x-x-x-x

Cause that’s how you end up running a Nazi Bar.  You start letting nazis hang out at your bar.  Pretty soon good, honest people want no part of the place. :ajbemused: