• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

Shoot Out at Good Springs Pt 4

Shoot Out at Good Springs Pt 4

“You’re all fools!” Green Mane is whimperin’ as he backs out a’ that bar. “It’s not too late! We can tell ‘em it was all that courier with the scrambled brain! It’s just math, sacrificing one pony to save the herd!”

“An’ then they always gonna want one more pony, whelp.” Lucky casts one hell of a glare. “And now we know you're gonna sell any of us out to make sure that one more pony ain’t gonna be you.”

“You’d best to do what Zena told ya, and help your new boss up that hill.” Appleine’s natural resting bitch face makes for a mean snarl. “Maybe if you lick enough flank, they won’t just shoot you on sight.”

“Wait, your name is Zena?” I cock an eyebrow scar at the zony chick.

“Well, technically my first name is ‘Princess’.” If I was a younger buck, I might read something into that wink she shoots me.

?z?Z?z?

“Damn it all! Razzleberry! You were our friend! You were her friend! You know… you know…” My words dry in my throat as she speaks.

“Last year it was his niece. Next year it will be someone else’s wife, or someone else's daughter. This year… it’s me. Please, if you love me, only one pony has to die this year.”

The mechanical voice in my hallucination sounds strangely disappointed, “Do You accept the terms of the sacrifice? Yes, or No.”

“It has to be this way, &!(# &#^^`#.” She gives me the saddest smile. And then she pressed her hoof to the sensor. “Yes.”

?z?Z?z?

“You okay there, pardner?” Jack-E snaps me outta my trance and I’m suddenly behind a makeshift barricade in from of the Thirsty Devil.

“Jackie… why are we crouching behind a barricade in from of the bar?” I am asking reasonable questions right now.

“Well, to tell the truth, you kinda walked behind the bar and started pillaging the booze. You said something about how you’d ‘already done robbed the general store, might as well get drunk’, then Appleine just up and bucked you in the face.” I did not know Jack-E could display faces that flat. She really emotes well with still faces. “Then Princess pipes up and said that since you and her were gonna be on the front lines when the Powder Gangers came back in force, the least Appleine could do is cover your bar tab.”

“Okay, that tracks…” I nod painfully. “This is yer out, Jackie. You ain’t gotta follow me up this hill.”

And just like that I walk into no mare’s land. It’s kinda unsettling that they were always already there. Green Mane runs forward with panic in in his eyes, his “friends” guns at his back. And dynamite strapped to every part of him.

“Buck you, Slim!” Princess cries out as a sniper shot sets off the bomb with a green mane.

I turn my head and spare my eyes from the strapnel as I walk towards the enemy lines. “Only one pony has to die here today.”

Author's Note:

I declared 500 word chapters for this story cause in my head I’m playing it as I write it.  I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do.  I also suspect the Courier is lying through his teeth. :ajbemused:  More ponies are about to die.  Next Chapter:  Fight! Fight!