• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

They Shot the Sheriff Pt7

Ah, the Glim Glam Casino, I’m sure I have memories here. Boss lady owns the place. So I have almost definitely gotten drunk here before. Everything is just how I can’t remember it. The bullet-ridden auto-carriage display with the plaque explaining the history of infamous folk anti-hero, Starlight Glimmer, the two hundred plus moons old semi functioning slot machines, the weird biped fox chick suspiciously drinking alone in the corner. Ah, memories. That’s what I don’t have.

Princess prances in place in a way that I would never tell her was cute straight to her face and addresses Boss Lady, “So, you’re the only one here who knew him before he got shot in the brain, did he always talk to himself out loud like this?”

“The Marejave Express has a strict policy of confidentiality among non-couriers. You’d have to ask Six about that.” I am not snorting in amusement and Princess is giving me the stink eye for no good reason.

“I don’t reckon anypony else is curious about that weird fox lady in that dark corner being all suspicious like?” Jackie rolls in like a boss and I hate to shoot her down.

“Not really.” I do a lot of things I hate. “Jack-E, remember we are on a timetable here. We have to get drunk and blow up the rest of that casino, and unless that fox chick is somehow some kind of time traveler, we just don’t have the time for that extra drama.”

“Howdy Pardners!” A robot pony with a giant vacuum tube for a head and a cowboy hat walks up out of nowhere and I do not shriek like a little filly. Everyone knows you don’t walk up behind a pony and just start talking. We don’t like that, it’s how creatures get kicked. “Welcome to the Glim Glam Casino and Museum of Starlight Glimmer, the notorious prewar gangster dubbed ‘The Cutie Mark Bandit’.”

“Is there a non-mandatory guided tour of the museum?” The little metal cute-machine prances excitedly looking between me and Tex the Ponitron.

“We’re all on a ‘time table’?” The freckled face on Jackie’s screen raises a skeptical eyebrow.

“You’re asking me to deny her youthful mind’s curiosity? There’s that thing I’m pretty sure you like right there. It’s… what’s the word?” I look to my Faithfull Cybernetic Companion. Have I ever mentioned that I always wanted a Giddyup Buttercup?

“It’s educational!” Sweet-E sing-songs, throwing her metal hoofsies in the air while playing a victorious jingle.

“Look, I just want to get drunk before we explode any more ponies.” Princess huffs in the huffiest way. “Are we paying for the booze this time or is it going to be like Good Springs?”

“I dunno, how many caps have you got?” My brain is not good with math. “If we throw our caps together can we afford two bottles of wild pegasus without resorting to extortion?”

“Oh for the love of Luna's narrow plot, Six, you have a tab I can put it on!” Boss Lady reminds me why she’s the best boss.