• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

Flashback!  Pt 1

Flashback! Part 1

-=-=-=-=-

“Everyone knows the vote is rigged now, do you really think anypony is going to keep standing for this?!” I don’t even remember where the rage comes from.

I always hated Cinnamon Spice. “The computer demands a sacrifice. It’s not personal, it’s just both necessary and practical. You’re wife just couldn’t stop rocking the boat. Knowing the vote is rigged doesn’t mean anything. Only one pony has to die every year, even if the ponies do know the election is a sham, they’ll keep quiet so they don’t have to be the one. Uncertain death makes cowards of us all.”

“Why not just kill me too?” I remember the taste of bitter bile and my own blood on my tongue. I don’t remember her at all. “You got the fire-power, why don’t even one of you have the guts to just pull the trigger?”

“Because ponies will fight certain death to their dying heartbeat.” I hate even the memory of that dusky red mare’s smile. Uncertain death makes cowards of us all. I could have rushed her and made security pull their triggers. “No, you are beaten, bloodied, and bruised, but everypony will see you were very much alive when you walked out of that stable door. And they’ll go back to voting for somepony other than them to be the sacrifice. Because only one pony has to die every year to keep the Stable from killing everypony.”

“And now everypony gonna know they coulda just walked away. You can push me out, Cinnamon, but how are you and yours gonna keep everypony else inside?” The stable door rolled open and I squinted against the glare of Celestia’s judgement. “We’re all monsters when we don’t have a choice. Now we all know we have a choice. You just keep telling yourself ‘It’s not gonna be me’ until I come back around this way.”

Cause I don’t care how many lies I told Doc… That happened…

Author's Note:

-=-=-=-=-
Super Short Flashback chapter.  Almost like the Courier had a backstory…

:pinkiecrazy: