• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

Shoot Out at Good Springs Pt 5

Shoot Out at Good Springs Pt 5

“Only one pony had to die. And you chose ‘em. Yer blood ain’t on my hooves.” I rip a “Yield” sign out of the road as I walk back up that hill. Back up the hill the hill to that boneyard.

Honestly, after the first couple of booms, it’s almost relaxingly quiet. Like playing ping pong with dynamite really. Dynamite is just not that great a weapon. Honestly… it’s sad. I am sad for them. This little gang done crossed the border between bucking around and finding out. And they don’t even have propper raider armor. Just these weird orange jumpsuits. Shittiest raider gang ever. Say what you want about the Great Khans, but they are snappy dressers. I mean if you really just *want* your whole motif to be “We got arrested for failing to be raiders…”

“Which ever of you survives gets to tell everypony else what happens when your gang blocks a Luna-be-damned-to-the-Moon Courier Route!” I assume I’m screaming, it’s all a high pitch hum right now. “Are you starting to understand at what point in this process you done bucked up?”

There are three standing by the time I get there. A ragged red mare snarls at me. “We can’t leave no witnesses! I’m not going back to prison!”

“Then why didn’t you walk away?” I can’t explain the rage that boils in my gut… or even if Red is the one I really hate. “This is the Marejave. Once you were free, you didn’t even have to run away. You could have just walked. Only one more pony gotta die today. You three pick amongst yourselves.”

“It ain’t gonna be me bitch!” That buck just fell out the damn ugly tree and hit every branch going down. I don’t know why I notice that as he pulls the trigger on his little hold out tube gun aimed straight at the back of Red’s skull.

“Congratulations.” I smile as the side of Ugly’s head makes friends with Yield. I’m looking straight at the last Ganger standing. He is just as brown as ponies get I’ma call him, “Brownie, you're the witness. See how I’m letting you run away? Are you starting to understand how this works, yet?”

-=-=-=-=-

“I can’t believe Appleine ran all three of us out of town like that!” Princess Zena is being kinda whiny. Understandable, mind, she actually lived in that town. Also her stripes are cyan and magenta, pink is a verbal myth, not a color. “We saved that town!”

“Well, sugar cube, Appleine is something of a… bigoted troll?” Jack-E’s screen just gives the most reassuring cow-filly smile and wink as can be accomplished in a grainy still-shot pony face on a cathode-ray screen. “She’s straight up racist to robots and stripes. Plus Mr. Courier Number Six basically robbed the town. If we’re telling the truth, we’re both following a brain damaged mad pony on his way back to work.”

“That does put it in context.” Princess laughs while I shuffle around with things. “I’ve lived here my adult life, and there was this abandoned radio station here this whole time…”

“Which is why I can still find random electronic bullshit.” It’s a halfway point to Prim. It’s a full days walk between the two settlements. So we keep spots only couriers know about. Leave something, take something. “You never know when you gonna wish you’d scavved some random electronic bullshit!”

Author's Note:

That little radio tower north of Good Springs.