• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 449 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Lovely New Pegasus - No one is home



Back East, the Lightbringer brought the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. Here in the Marejave life goes on right until it don't no more for one star crossed Courier.

  • ...
4
 15
 449

Shoot Out at Good Springs Pt 2

Shoot Out at Good Springs Pt 2

“Now you listen here, Mr. Courier!” The bar mare snarls. Behind her bar and honestly her lumberjack costume, I don’t know what else to call how she’s dressed. We live in the desert, for Luna’s sake. No pony else dresses like a lumberjack. “My name is Appleine, And I hate them Powder Gangers as much as anypony pony here. But don’t you think I appreciate’ you shovin’ your ugly snout up in our town's business.”

“They are claiming territorial authority to disrupt courrier routes, ma’am.” There ain’t very much I still believe in. “I’ve gotta report the theft of a package. If they were less stupid then none of this wouldn’t be my problem.”

“So that’s how it is, then? This just a job for you?” Appleine is kinda greenish. Darker green mane. Might be pretty but she got a pretty mean resting bitch face, so it’s hard to say.

“No.” I am being as 100% straightforward as I know how. Honesty is the basis of trust. I’m not the kind of bastard that would lie to his own doctor. “I’m just trying to get back to doing my job. But this town did me right. So if those dumbass jack weasels wanna make this my business, then helping you out is on my way to work.”

“You said you need dynamite?” Lucky Streak squints his squinty old brown eyes up from under his totally useful sun-blocking hat. I need a hat. “Now don’t get me wrong, young’un. But you just got shot in the head, and right now I wouldn’t trust you not to be too brain damaged to blow yerself up.”

“Naw,” I laugh and wave away his worries with a hoof. “The dynamite’s for Jack-E. I reckon that gal got her screen on straight and I’m bettin’ she can toss a stick further uphill than those punk flank wanna-be riders can toss a stick down.”

“You’re gonna give that creepy robot dynamite?!?!” The apple themed bar maid (Appleina… Appletini… the name is right there…) is screaming. Which does not help my headache. “Are you brain damaged?!?! Oh… uh… I am so sorry…”

“The answer is ‘yeah’. Damnit, I need a beer.” Do you ever wonder why ponies use the insane balance test that is a barstool? Because I have. Maybe I’m not too drunk to sit on the stool. Maybe I have massive head trama. Never mind all the times the bartender couldn’t tell that I was already drunk. “I got some caps… Actually I have this many caps. I promise I won’t get too drunk, but you should prolly run about and tell the town to… something… I dunno… whatever you plan to do…”

And she just counts down the caps that dock gave me. “Help yourself to the bottom shelf. If you touch my Wild Pegasus, I’ma gonna shoot you in the head you ain’t been shot in yet.”

Author's Note:

Okay 500 words per chapter from now on…  That’s the minimum from now on...
:pinkiehappy:
It is is as if I were livestreaming a game I was playing with myself in my own Brain!
Bwa, ha, ha... ha?
:pinkiecrazy: