• Published 14th Dec 2022
  • 4,793 Views, 447 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected child - coto616



After she failed attack at the wedding, the queen finds a foal in the forest with a repulsive background.

  • ...
21
 447
 4,793

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28 - A welcome back.

---------------------------------
Chapter 28 - A welcome back.
---------------------------------

Chrysalis opened the door of her house and found a depressing scene, many balloons everywhere, food on the table, a table with some games, and a huge stereo, an excellent party was wasted because of Celestia, but the queen was not sad, the scene made her happy, even though nothing could be used, all this was prepared for her and her son, It was not the welcome she expected to have, but it was one of the best she had ever had because even though there was no one waiting for her, she could feel the feelings of her friends in every ornament, in every plate of food, in every record of music, wherever she looked she could feel the concern of her friends for her and her son.

"What a pity all this went to waste." Cheerilee commented as she entered the house.

"What was wasted?" Asked the queen bending down to get Clear Spark off her back.

"All this, the balloons, the food, the party, was supposed to make you and Clear Spark feel welcome."

"I feel welcome, they wanted to throw us a party without needing to, they prepared all this food and put up all these balloons to celebrate when I came back, I didn't ask them for anything and they still wanted to do all this for us, of course, I feel welcome, just because the party didn't turn out like we all hoped doesn't make it any less important." Replied the queen with a smile.

"It's good to know that the party did some good, even if Pinkie will be disappointed, she worked hard organizing it together with Twilight."

"Surely she'll be throwing a second surprise welcome party one of these days."

"I'd love a new party, with balloons and all my friends." Said Clear Spark jumping up and down in excitement complaining of pain as he fell on one of the jumps.

"I'd better check you over, I don't want to run into any surprises in the morning." Said the queen walking to the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

"Can I at least eat cake?"

The queen disguised that she was thinking of the answer to hide that she also wanted to eat a piece and not want to cook anything.

"I guess it would be bad to waste this food, we'll eat a piece after we check on you."

"Ok." Clear Spark sat on the ground while the queen checked him over and healed a couple of bruises and the occasional flesh wound.

Cheerilee cut a few pieces of one of the cakes and served them on the table for everyone to eat, but before anyone could get a bite they heard a knock on the door, the queen stood up from her seat and walked over to open it.

"Lyra?, Bon-Bon?, what are you doing here?" The queen asked.

"Hello, Chrysalis." Lyra greeted with her usual dynamism. "After Twilight woke us up she told us that you would be here and we wanted to know if you were okay, so... are you all okay?."

"Ummm... yeah, we're fine, together we were going to eat a piece of the cakes."

"Great, can we eat too?" Lyra asked cheerfully approaching the door but being stopped by a cream-colored hoof.

"Lyra... you can't just invite yourself into a house." Bon-Bon said looking at his companion disapprovingly.

"And why not?" Lyra asked intrigued and blankly.

"It's okay, this was supposed to be a party and we have a lot of food that we're not going to be able to eat, come in both of you, there are plenty of dishes in the kitchen, help yourselves to whatever you want."

"Thanks, I can't wait to eat Pinkie's lemon cake." Said Lyra entering the house without worrying about anything else, Bon-Bon sighed defeated, and went inside a little later.

"Sorry about Lyra's impulsive personality, sometimes that mare drives me crazy." Bon-Bon commented.

"That's how love relationships are... we are attracted to their attributes and fall in love with their flaws." Replied the queen closing the door while a blushing Bon-Bon preferred to say nothing and go on her way.

The queen sat back down at the table when she felt someone else knocking, she stood up again and opened the door.

"Hello, Derpy, Dinky what brings you here?."

"Hello Queen Chrysalis, Twilight told me what happened and we wanted to know how you and Clear Spark were doing."

"We are fine thank you, we were going to eat some cake when Lyra and Bon-Bon arrived, would you like to come in too?"

"We would love to, I know Pinkie made some chocolate muffins I want to try." Replied the pegasus entering the house next to the little unicorn.

"Come on in, make yourselves at home." Said the queen closing the door and returning to the table when she heard another knock, opening it it was AppleJack next to Apple Bloom.

"Hello Chrysalis, we heard what happened and wanted to come and see how you are doing, well... I wanted to come early tomorrow morning so you could rest but Apple Bloom insisted on coming today."

"CLEAR SPARK IS OK?" Asked the filly yelping and quickly turning red. "I mean...as a friend I'm concerned for his safety and wanted to know how he's doing."

"He's fine, a little banged up but nothing serious, he's at the table eating next to Dinky, if you want you can help yourself to some cake and join him." Chrysalis stepped aside and Apple Bloom could see Clear Spark talking very animatedly with the little unicorn causing Apple Bloom to quickly enter the house and head for the kitchen in search of a plate.

"Sorry to bother you." Said AppleJack

"Don't worry, it's good that Clear Spark's friends are coming to see him too, even though I don't think my son and your little sister will be mere friends for long." Replied the queen causing a chuckle between the two.

After the farm mare entered and Chrysalis closed the door she headed to the table again but a strange feeling made her turn back to the door and open it just as another pegasus was about to knock.

"Hello, Fluttershy."

"hmmm... hi...."

"Would you like to come in?"

"Yes...thank you."

The pegasus entered the house but before the queen closed the door out of simple curiosity she looked outside and saw that several ponies were waving at her from afar as they walked home.

"I'd better leave the door open..." Commented the queen to herself as she returned to the table wondering if there would be a free chair left to sit in.

During the rest of the afternoon, more and more ponies were arriving, almost the whole town was present and the party was bigger than expected, they had to move some tables to the backyard with the food so everyone had more room to move or dance, all the little ones were playing in Clear Spark's room while the adults were having fun dancing downstairs, some ate too much, and some had too many drinks, Rainbow Dash with a few glasses of cider on top had an argument with Chrysalis for dancing with Soarin when it was her turn insisting at every moment that it was not jealousy, ending up monopolizing the pegasus during the whole night, Soarin for his part did not look upset, the little ones with the permission of Chrysalis and other parents ended up having a sleepover, and some were already too tired or somewhat drunk to return to their homes so they fell asleep on the couch or simply where they were.

The next morning Chrysalis felt a knock on the door and got up from her bed to find out who it was, she slowly opened Clear Spark's door to check on the little ones before walking down the stairs, she walked quietly and opened the door of the house, to which a couple of chickens and a goat flew out, surprising the one who knocked.

"Did I miss something?" Luna asked intrigued.

"Pinkie's party." Replied the queen.

"And why the chickens, and... the goat?"

"Please don't ask..." Replied an embarrassed yellow pegasus as she walked out of the house. "...I'm sorry about what happened, I'll come by this afternoon to clean up, come on Harry." A huge bear appeared behind the queen and with a bit of work left the house and along with the rest of the animals followed Fluttershy back to the cottage.

"Last night we found out that there are certain cakes that bears are not supposed to eat." The queen moved to the side allowing the princess to enter the house. "And how is your sister?"

"Furious, she tried to break the bars of the dungeon with her hooves, and then tried to bite them while muttering something, I think she was cursing you."

"It was to be expected that reaction when she woke up after what happened yesterday, do you want something to eat?."

"I'd love to, I always delight in the snacks prepared by Pinkie Pie, and Twilight came back to the castle?". Asked the queen helping herself to a piece of cake.

"I don't know, she was here last night." Chrysalis looked around but didn't see the princess of friendship. "Twilight, are you here?" Asked the queen into the air.

"MmmmmMMMMMmmm..." Said a voice complaining from behind a couch.

"Are you feeling okay?" Luna asked.

"Mmmmm... AppleJack's super special cider sure hits hard."

"You better eat something, we need to talk about what happened yesterday and what we're going to do about Celestia."

"How is she?" Asked a hungover Twilight as she sat down at the table and the queen served her a piece of cake and a glass of juice.

"Angry would be putting it mildly, after I locked her in the dungeon I woke her up and tried to talk to her, but it was no use, she still thinks she's right and that she's the only one who can save Equestria."

"But we can't leave her locked in the dungeon forever either."

"There's still my plan to send her to the moon for a thousand years." Luna said eating a piece of cake.

"We're not sending Celestia to the moon." Twilight replied drinking the juice almost in one sip.

"Twilight is right, we won't solve anything by sending your sister to the moon, besides I want her to understand that my race is no longer a threat to Equestria and that we want to live peacefully, and I can't do that with her on the moon, also the ponies will see that we changelings are not spiteful and it would help me a lot that image." Replied Chrysalis as she poured more juice for the young alicorn.

"So you plan to set her free?".

"When I feel that she finally understood that we are no longer evil I will consider dropping the charges for endangering my son's life, until then I don't plan to let her out of prison."

"So my sister will stay in prison serving a sentence while we try to reform her, any ideas on how to do the second part?". Luna asked as she drank some juice.

"The conversation with Princess Celestia was that bad?." Twilight said.

"I'm not knowledgeable in all the slang of this era but I'm sure she made up insults to refer to Chrysalis, some were very... They weren't suitable for minors."

"Then we need another approach to talk to Celestia, do any of you have an idea?."

"I think I know someone who might be able to help, but before Celestia meets her I would first like to talk to your sister alone."

"I also know someone who could talk to my sister so we could convince her to reform, so if you don't mind I would like to meet who you propose and compare it to who I have in mind, after all, we are talking about my sister's mental sanity and I want the best pony for that task." Chrysalis nodded her head before eating some cake.

"I don't have a problem with that, but I don't like the idea of Celestia being locked up for years in a cell, and if you agree I would like to propose something that I also think could help her not to feel betrayed."

The three mares continued discussing the subject for a long time until they reached a solution that would leave everyone happy, they discussed how to make Celestia's sentence public, the way to reform her, how the power would be administered between Luna and Twilight, and how they could integrate the changelings to the society.

After a few hours of conversation, the three of them came up with a solution, it was not the best plan but it was the safest in the long run and the first part of it was a conversation between Chrysalis and Celestia, face to face.

PreviousChapters Next