• Published 14th Dec 2022
  • 4,772 Views, 447 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected child - coto616



After she failed attack at the wedding, the queen finds a foal in the forest with a repulsive background.

  • ...
21
 447
 4,772

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11 - A Small House and Great Expectations.

---------------------------------
Chapter 11 - A Small House and Great Expectations.
---------------------------------

With Cheerilee's advice, Chrysalis was looking at houses she could buy on the edge of town and near Everfree Forest, it was perfect for what she needed, well away from the center, with few neighbors, Clear Spark could go to school without problem and had a quick escape to the forest if needed, she didn't need to ask for more and the prices were in what she expected.

There were not many houses, five or six houses, and only one of them was occupied, a cottage built next to the river and with hundreds of birds, not many ponies liked to walk to town, most of the unoccupied houses were one story and only one was two-story, they were cozy but the rooms somewhat small, only the two-story house fulfilled what the queen wanted, it also had the clock tower very close and a river just a few meters away.

Chrysalis was not an expert in real estate but her time being the princess of the Crystal Empire taught her a thing or two about that profession, like always checking the plumbing and the insulation of doors and windows, the noise of the stairs also indicated the final quality of the construction, if the stairs made a lot of noise when using it, it was surely because of some unevenness of the floor or the construction in general and could cause many problems in the future, it also indicated the humidity level of the area, but the most important thing is that the construction price of the house was always close to half of the final sale price listed in the market, so she had a lot of room to work her counter offer.

After haggling the price with the real estate pony along with the promise to change some windows, the queen paid in cash and wanted to tour her new future home one more time before going for Clear Spark to school, the little one was very excited talking with his new classmates and the queen did not want to take him at that moment, interpersonal relationships are something very important for a minor.

The place was small but cozy, a hall that also served as a dining room, a kitchen that for the large size of the queen was somewhat small, a cellar, a bathroom, two very large rooms on the second floor, and a gigantic backyard bounded by a wooden fence, the queen could easily grow her food in that place and all fully furnished, it was functional furniture but the queen did not like the designs so surely she would change them over time, she also had to paint the place, the cream color was not to her liking.

But the queen was satisfied with what she had achieved, she was used to gigantic constructions and hundreds of minions willing to all her wishes, she was the queen of a whole race and many could only dream of what she had, this was a huge contrast to her past life.

Now she lived in a small house, in a small town, she had no servants, now she had someone to serve, she had no one to do her work either, she had to get a job, though maybe that part could be avoided, after all, she had the money to support herself and Clear Spark for decades, she didn't know why but she was happy, maybe that's why ponies were always so happy, they never wanted to have a lot of money or power, they just had a simple life in a cozy house with the ones they love, coming back to a warm place after a long day knowing that someone was waiting for you was enough to warm their hearts, the queen always cared about her minions and that they never lacked food, but centuries ago they were not as happy as they are now, maybe the queen always had her priorities wrong?.

Chrysalis wearing her pony costume fixed her hair a little, adjusted a bag to her body, and went out into the world in search of little Spark, the town was a couple of minutes away from her new home and the queen walked happily listening to the sound of the wind and the singing of the birds, She passed quickly through the town without worrying about the other ponies but the market stalls caught her attention, making her remember to buy something to cook for her little Spark, but she could buy things when they walked back to the house, it would help her to get to know the town a little more and talk more on the way.

Already in front of the school the queen noticed that all the students had left but she could see light inside the building, peeking through a window she saw that Cheerilee was in front of Clear Spark reading a book and asking him some questions, Chrysalis approached the door and knocked on it a couple of times, she heard someone walking and seconds later the teacher opened the door showing a smile.

"Good afternoon teacher, sorry I'm late, I didn't think it would take so long to buy a new house."

"Ohh, not at all, I was just about to finish taking the leveling test to Clear Spark, but where are my manners." Cheerilee said with a chuckle. "Come on in, we'll be done in a minute, and how did it go with the house purchase?."

"Excellent, it's just what I was looking for, and how's my little guy doing with the test?".

"Very well to be true, apparently his lack of vision somehow made his memory develop in a great way, he still needs to improve in math and oral expression, but it is completely understandable with his condition, but what is history, he could argue face to face with several teachers without problem, it is impressive the level of detail that he handles, I had to look for some data in books to corroborate it."

Clear Spark waited patiently on his stool when he turned his head as he heard a pair of footsteps approaching.

"Clear Spark, Ms. Ivy came to pick you up."

"Who?" The foal asked, he remembered the name but couldn't associate it with someone.

"It's me." Commented the queen.

"Ms. Chrysalis?" Clear Spark asked getting a little excited.

"The one and only." Replied the queen with a chuckle.

"And then why did Ms. Cheerilee call you Ivy?."

"Crystal Ivy is the name I use when I go out on the street because I'm a very famous mare, and Chrysalis is the name my friends, family, my... children can use."

"Kind of like a model or like princesses?"

"Something like that, but better."

"Wow!" The colt commented impressed. "Then I'll call you Ms. Ivy when we're out on the street."

"That would be best for both of us."

"So if you'll wait for us for a second ummm..... Chrysalis?" Cheerilee asked looking at the queen to see if it was correct for her to call her by her real name, to which the queen nodded her head. "If you'll wait a second I'll finish the exam."

Chrysalis nodded her head and started pacing the room, she wasn't looking for anything specific but had no desire to sit and wait in silence, about five to ten minutes later, Cheerilee finished giving the oral exam to Clear Spark, she sorted out all her notes and called the queen to come over.

"All ready, when I get home I can compare the answers with the national standard, and tomorrow I can do little Spark's study certificate."

"Thank you, then I will come early to drop my little Spark off for his first day of school."

"Nine o'clock, don't forget."

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Chrysalis walked over to the colt, helped him onto her back, and settled him before leaving the school.

"Goodbye Professor Cheerilee." Clear Spark shouted goodbye.

"Where are we going to go now, Ms. Ivy?" Asked the colt cheerfully.

"Now we are going to our new home, but first I have to get some things at the market, we have the furniture, but we have no dishes, no food either and I'm not going to let you sleep on an empty stomach, so... let's go to the market and buy those things."

"And what are we going to eat?" Clear Spark asked.

"Hmmm... I don't know, what you want to eat." Replied the queen.

"I want to eat lots of fruit." Replied the foal.

"Then fruit it is." Finished saying the monarch.

Upon entering the village the first things the queen wanted to buy were the dishes and some kitchen items that she would use today, buying everything she needed to live would take much more time, and now she did not have the time and money, so seeing a store of kitchen items the queen bought a dark green crockery that fascinated her, a teapot and a set of cutlery, the rest she would buy early tomorrow, then she went to the stalls where they sold specifically fruits and began to walk around looking at the merchandise.

She bought a couple of grapes, oranges, bananas, and pears, she didn't want to take too many things but she wanted to take something else, something she ate a while back and wanted to eat again.

"Do you want to eat apples too?".

"Of course, my friends say they sell the best apples in all of Equestria here."

"We'll have to take their word for it."

Walking through the stalls in search of some apples, the queen couldn't find any, even though some merchants were already closing, most were still open and you could find all kinds of fruits and vegetables, but nowhere to be seen as the delicious red fruit she craved so much.

"Clear Spark, over here!" A filly shouted from a fruit stand.

The queen upon hearing her little one call out moved closer so Clear Spark could return the greeting.

"Sis, sis, this is the pony I was telling you about, his name is Clear Spark and he will be our new classmate, he is very very smart and likes music and plants, come sis, hurry up." Said excitedly the filly to a mare who was on her back ordering some things inside a cart next to a huge red stallion.

"It's okay sis, I'm coming, you don't have to yell so much, I'm half a meter away from you." The mare settled her hat and approached the queen and her little companion.

"It's a pleasure, my little sister has been telling me all day about your son, it seems she is very excited to have a new companion."

"Uhhh..." Was all the queen could say out of surprise when she realized who she was talking to.

"But where are my manners, my name is AppleJack, and I live with my brothers and Grandma Smith at Sweet Apple Acres, the best apple farm in all of Equestria." Said the mare proudly.

"Ummm... my name is... Crystal Ivy... and I started... we started living from... from today in... here... in Ponyville... nice to meet you." It took a lot of self-control power for the queen not to undo her disguise and tear off with Clear Spark into the forest.

"It is also my pleasure to meet you, darling, my little sister also spoke very highly of your little one." Said a female voice approaching from behind the queen's back.

Chrysalis turned to see who was speaking to her and found a milk-white figure with a purple curly mane and tail, blue eyes, and a three-diamond Cutie Mark, next to her came Sweetie Belle, the queen's surprises were only increasing in number.

"Hello Rarity, what brings you here?". AppleJack asked.

"I'm here with my dear little sister for some ice cream at Sugarcube Corner, would you like to come along?."

"I'd love to, let me finish helping Big Mac tidy up the cart and I'll join you, I'd like a drink after a long day's work."

"Can I come too?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Of course sis, are you coming Mrs. Ivy?."

Chrysalis was confused by the situation, at how she got to that place, and didn't know what to answer, her whole plan was in jeopardy, in a second she went from being a pony of the crowd to interacting directly with her biggest enemies, she needed an excuse, any excuse, and having to hurry back to cook was the perfect excuse.

"Can we go too?" The colt asked excitedly.

"Ummm..." The queen replied as she thought carefully about her answer and knew exactly what to say.

PreviousChapters Next