• Published 14th Dec 2022
  • 4,756 Views, 447 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected child - coto616



After she failed attack at the wedding, the queen finds a foal in the forest with a repulsive background.

  • ...
21
 447
 4,756

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15 - Superficial wounds and deep wounds.

---------------------------------
Chapter 15 - Superficial wounds and deep wounds.
---------------------------------

Chrysalis was tired, hungry, and furious, she entered the house and slammed the door shut with her hind leg, carrying Clear Spark on her back, something she didn't do for a long time but today it was necessary.

"Get off." Said the queen to which the little colt obeyed without saying anything. "Now stay there, I'm going to get the first aid kit to treat you."

Clear Spark was also very upset, but unlike the queen, he was completely dirty, his mane full of leaves and twigs, and he had some bruises and cuts on his body, the queen was mumbling unintelligible things in the bathroom while she was looking for the first aid kit, some water, and some towels.

"I can't believe you would be so dumb to do something like that, you better than anyone should know what you can and can't do." The queen returned with everything she needed and sat down in front of the colt. "Now hold still and let me check you over, I just hope I don't have to take you to the hospital."

The queen was trying to clean the dirt and remove the branches from Clear Spark's mane but the colt at all times kept moving around trying to get the queen to leave him alone.

"I'm fine, nothing happened to me." Said the foal raising his voice a little more and trying to move to the side.

"So branches in the mane and bruises are the new summer style?, you're not fine, you're hurt and it could have been much worse if we hadn't found you." The queen being bigger and having more strength could easily keep Clear Spark from slipping out of her hooves as she continued to clean him up.

"We just got a little off course when we went to see Zecora."

"A little off?." Said the queen annoyed. "You went straight to the swamp, that's not a little off, that's stupid, that place is very dangerous and you would have easily gotten lost, you especially wouldn't have known what to do."

"I know my way around the forest, remember you taught me the plants and how to find my way." Replied the colt.

"Knowing a couple of plants is not knowing the forest, that place is gigantic, and don't move so much I'm trying to clean you up." Said the queen.

"It just hurts, how do you want me not to move." Replied the colt moving every time the queen tried to clean him.

"If you don't like it then they wouldn't have ventured into the swamp, now stay still I'm going to start on the wounds."

The colt stood still for a moment but jumped to the side when he felt a sting on his cheek as the queen touched him with a wet cotton ball.

"Ahhh...that thing, it burns so bad." Shouted the colt trying to move.

"It's disinfectant, I don't want your wounds to get infected." The queen continued to clean the foal despite his protests.

The foal after a moment stopped moving in all directions and accepted his fate, but was still very upset about what had happened.

"Ahhh... I don't know why you worry so much, nothing serious happened to us."

"I worry because it's my job, I took the responsibility to take care of you and I don't like to see you get hurt because of stupidity, I've told you many times that the forest is very dangerous for someone like you."

" The other foals in the school are allowed to do a lot more things than me." Said the foal in annoyance.

"The others aren't like you and you know it well, they can do things you can't do alone."

"I'd rather be anywhere else where they let me out whenever I want and Ahhh...not depend on someone to take me." Colt raised his voice.

"You will be able to go out alone when you show me that you are responsible and don't do silly things like this and as long as you live in my house you will follow my rules, got it?" The queen shouted angrily.

"I don't have to do what you tell me to do, you are not my mother." Replied the colt in the same manner.

The queen's heart stopped for a second, dropping all the things on the floor, breaking the bowl with water, and making a lot of noise, the colt took a step back because of the fright when he heard the noise.

"Ms. Chrysalis?" The colt asked softly.

"Go to your room, you are grounded for the rest of the week." Replied the queen automatically.

"Ms. Chrysalis, are you all right?." Asked the colt again softly.

"Go to your room, you are grounded for the rest of the week." Replied the queen again automatically.

"O-okay..." Replied the colt stepping back and walking slowly to his room, he knew he had said something bad, he didn't know what it was, but his little mind knew it was something very bad.

The queen didn't know how long she sat there without moving, her mind was unresponsive, she couldn't feel her heart, her throat was tightening, her eyes were burning, and on the floor in front of her were items from the first aid kit completely wet along with a broken bowl, Chrysalis stood up and went to her room, locking the door.

A couple of hours later Cheerilee arrived at Chrysalis' house and had been knocking on the door for a couple of minutes, she had come back from a trip to Canterlot and had heard that some little ones had gotten lost in the swamp and had encountered a hydra, she was very worried about Chrysalis and Clear Spark, she knew they were not at the hospital but she was worried that no one answered the door.

Cheerilee knocked once more when she heard small footsteps approaching the door from the other side.

"Clear Spark is that you?, I heard what happened and I was worried, can you open up to see how you guys are doing?"

"Who is it?" The colt asked.

"It's Cheerilee, your teacher."

A minute later the door opened and on the other side was a little colt with some bruises and superficial wounds, some treated and some not.

"By Faust, are you okay?."

"Yeah... I'm fine, but I think I said something wrong." The colt replied regretfully as he stepped aside so Cheerilee could enter the house.

Cheerilee entered the house and the only strange thing she saw was a couple of bandages, a bottle of disinfectant, and other items from the first aid kit scattered next to a broken bowl and a towel.

"Could you tell me what happened?"

"Ms. Chrysalis was cleaning my wounds with a liquid that burned a lot and I didn't like that, so I asked her to stop and she told me I had to do what she said and I told her she wasn't my mother and she threw the things she had on her hooves and sent me to my room, but she didn't sound angry."

"What do you mean."

"She sounded...I don't know...she sounded odd...did I say something bad to her?" The foal asked in his innocence.

Cheerilee listening to the foal and seeing the things lying on the ground could imagine very well what had happened, it was to be expected that at some point something like this would happen and the queen's reaction was also something to be expected, Cheerilee knew what she had to do, she just hoped it would be enough.

"Don't worry about that, but first things first, let's finish healing you, and then I'll talk to Chrysalis, okay?." Asked the teacher with a smile.

"Ok." Replied the colt and sat on the floor waiting.

Cheerilee gathered the things from the first aid kit and stood in front of the foal to finish healing him.

"Now try not to move, I know this is going to sting but you have to be brave ok?."

The colt nodded his head and stayed as still as possible, but couldn't help but move instinctively every so often when he felt a new burning in one of his wounds, after a couple of minutes Cheerilee had finished and stood up.

"Now go to your room and I'll talk to Chrysalis."

"Ok." Replied the colt walking slowly to his room.

Cheerilee waited for the colt to enter his room and close the door before heading to the queen's room and knocking a couple of times.

"Chrysalis, it's Cheerilee, can we talk?."

The queen got up from her bed and unlocked her door before going back to bed, she had changed her personality a lot in a short time, she was no longer the cruel dictator and conqueror that everyone knew, now she was a mare like everyone else, or maybe she was always like that and in her past life she couldn't show it, whatever the case was, Cheerilee walked into the room and saw a huge, dark and sad queen hugging a huge, furry white ball.

"What is that?" Cheerilee asked with some intrigue.

"It's General Whiskers." Replied the queen hugging her beloved cat who was not putting up much resistance.

"And why didn't you see her before?, you asked Fluttershy to help you recommend a pet."

"She had had kittens a while back but her kittens are all grown up now and they all have a home to live in, I didn't want to separate her from her family, kittens need to be with their mom when they are little, not with an old mare they don't know."

Cheerilee knew exactly what the queen was referring to so she walked over, sat on the bed next to her, and stroked her mane gently to calm her and let her know she was there.

"You know there are many types of families and you've seen them here in Ponyville."

"But he's right, I'm not his mother." The queen sunk her face deeper into his furry fortress.

"You know that giving birth to a foal doesn't make you a mother, what you did does, I saw the state Clear Spark was in when you arrived, do you think he would be better off if you had left him in Canterlot?, you knew what was going to happen if you left him in that place, I don't want to say it but... he wouldn't be alive right now." Cheerilee was still stroking her friend's mane affectionately.

"And why does it hurt so much to hear him say that, I know it's true, but it still hurts." Chrysalis for her part didn't move from her spot.

"Because you love him and care about him, not all kittens are better off with their mothers and you know that better than anyone, sometimes some kittens need a big strong cat who cares about them as you have done on more than one occasion."

Chrysalis pulled her face from her furry pet's body and with eyes red from crying saw Cheerilee sitting next to her with a smile and a sympathetic face.

"Call it fate or just luck, but you've saved him three times already, in the forest when you found him alone, in Canterlot when you knew what his mother was trying to do and today in the swamp when you fought that hydra, at the times he needed help the most, you were there to give it to him and you're still with him, not his birth mother."

"Thank you." Murmured the queen wiping tears from her eyes and sitting up in bed.

"At some point, you will have to tell him the truth and it will be a very painful thing for both of you, but I will be there to support you when you do." Cheerilee got up from the bed to allow the queen to get up as well.

"Why are you so good at this talking stuff?" Chrysalis asked with a smile still wiping her face.

"I told you, dealing with annoying parents is half my job." He replied with a chuckle. "But I think you two should talk about what happened today, Clear Spark was sorry for yelling at you when I came in and it would be good for you to tell him you're better now, I'll cook something to eat in the meantime."

Cheerilee went to the kitchen and took a pot and some vegetables out of the refrigerator, from where she was she could hear when the queen knocked on Clear Spark's bedroom door and the start of their conversation.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you...I was really worried about you and I didn't want you to..."

PreviousChapters Next