• Published 14th Dec 2022
  • 4,772 Views, 447 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected child - coto616



After she failed attack at the wedding, the queen finds a foal in the forest with a repulsive background.

  • ...
21
 447
 4,772

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5 - New Ideas and New Feelings.

---------------------------------
Chapter 5 - New Ideas and New Feelings.
---------------------------------

A few days had already passed since Chrysalis' encounter with the little unicorn, and the queen was in one of her hives sitting on her throne, in front of her were her generals and advisors waiting for her orders for the next attack to some pony village, but the situation was of little interest to the queen since she had been sitting for hours with her head resting on her hoof while looking at the emptiness.

At first, the queen arrived with the dynamism and temperance that characterized her but with each day that passed she gradually lost interest in the problems of the hive, they had no food problems and security problems were minimal and gradually her mind wandered elsewhere, something that all the changeling began to notice but none dared to say, today was no different for the group that was in front of the queen.

The changelings looked at each other without moving or saying anything, they were afraid of interrupting the queen's thoughts and earning a punishment, but some of them were already getting a little nervous and a little hungry, one of them had to sacrifice himself for the others.

Without the queen paying the slightest attention to them, the changelings were gesturing to each other with their hooves until one of them muttered something angry, then raised a fearful hoof and opened his mouth.

"My queen, what are your orders." Said the changeling.

The queen looked down from the sky and watched the changeling for a couple of seconds, noticing that it was a little smaller than the others.

"Do you like music?" The queen asked him.

"What? What? What?" Asked the changeling very confused.

"I asked you if you like music, do any of you like music?"

The changelings looked at each other somewhat nervously not knowing what to say, the queen stood up from her throne and approached the group of changelings until she stood in front of them, her large size was imposing in comparison.

"I can't believe none of you like music." The queen commented somewhat angrily, to which a changeling slowly raised its hoof.

"I like music."

"Well, what kind of music do you like."

"I like instrumental music." The changeling began to speak, slowly getting excited about the subject. "How the instruments combine with each other to create beautiful melodies, I like how they can fill a room without distracting anyone."

"And do you know how to play any musical instruments?."

"Emmm, no."

"And why not?"

"Because we don't have any in the hives."

"And why don't we have any instruments in the hives?."

"Because you won't let us... my queen." Replied the changeling bending down a little out of fear.

"Hmmm... I understand." Said the monarch scratching her chin in thought for a few seconds. "Then you will be... the new musical entertainment manager of the hive."

"The new what?" Asked the somewhat surprised changeling.

"The one in charge of the hive music, you'll have to get some changelings to play some instruments and create some songs that everyone will like, do some auditions and stuff that musicians do."

"Can I start now?" Asked the changeling somewhat excited by the news.

"Emmm... yes, go ahead." Replied the queen motioning to him with her hoof as she turned to return to the throne.

"How nice, I already have some in mind, we'll have to steal some musical instruments but-."

"Wait!" Shouted the queen interrupting her new music manager. "You can't steal the instruments." The queen scratched her chin again in thought. `It wouldn`t work that way`. Thought the monarch.

"And how do you want me to get the instruments without stealing them, my queen?."

"Go to the room where we have the money and take out whatever you need to buy everything."

"You want me to use the money from our vaults to buy musical instruments?"

"Yes, what do we have the money for if we don't intend to use it, right?"

"I guess." Replied the changeling hesitantly.

"Well, then go, I have a lot to do." The queen dismissed the changeling again with a gesture as she walked over to sit on her throne to stare into the void again.

One of the changelings raised its hoof. "My queen, may I have a pet."

"Emmm... yes, why not."

"Thank you." Replied the changeling before almost running out of the room.

The rest of the changelings not knowing what to do or say looked at each other and slowly withdrew from the throne room one by one, the queen also didn't give much importance to whether they stayed or not.

The following days passed very quietly in the hive, with the queen giving one or another order to some changeling she found on her way, to clean someplace that was already clean or to tell her how was the general state of the hives, which apparently were in better condition than ever.

The moral of the hive was never higher in its history, it was full of life in every corner with changelings doing things they liked or trying new things, every now and then a small group of changelings would excitedly enter the throne room to ask the queen for something new to do, who didn't have much trouble giving her approval.

Word spread quickly to the other colonies about the positive changes in the queen's hive and slowly letters began to arrive from changelings with similar requests, to the point that a post office was created to receive and coordinate the requests to the queen, so she would only have to read a couple of letters a day and not hundreds of them asking for the exact same thing.

Most of the changelings were very happy since they could do activities they always wanted to try and somehow the queen loved to see her little changelings happy, Chrysalis thought that offering more options to her changelings besides looking for love would make them happier and it worked perfectly, but she still felt strange, she felt she had lost something and she could not know what, the queen was not happy, also among all the new things her changelings were trying she could also try something new, but nothing of what they were doing caught her attention.

The days that the queen did not spend sitting on her throne agreeing to requests or wasting time, she spent them in the nursery watching the little ones learning new things, things that older changelings could not even know, she saw them running from one place to another but she could not get rid of a feeling of nostalgia from her chest and whenever one of the little ones approached her, she hugged them with all the love of a mother but she could not avoid shedding a tear of sadness.

Almost every day the queen would try a new activity but would stop in the middle of the class and retire to her room, closing the door and not coming out for the rest of the day or sometimes for days.

Many changelings said that sometimes they saw the queen at night wandering around the hive with no apparent direction as if she did not remember where everything was until she found the maternity ward, she would stare at the door for a long time until she decided to enter and take the little sleeping changelings in her arms, they would listen to her softly sing a song while she cooed and kissed them on the forehead, told them stories and tucked them in before leaving the ward and going back to her room.

One day the queen was participating in one of the new activities that one of the new happiness managers of the hive was doing, it was a pottery class for newbies, all the changelings had already finished their clay vases but no matter how hard the queen tried she could not finish hers, slowly transforming her patience into a feeling of frustration and anger, it was one of the simplest designs but somehow the queen could not get it done.

"My queen, do you need me to help you?" Asked a changeling at her side.

"I'm fine, ok?." Replied the queen almost shouting. "Just leave me alone." Stupid vase." thought the queen.

"It's just that you seem a little complicated, and you are using a lot of force, you just have to let the movement flow in a natural wa-."

"And I just see that you are distracting me and not letting me finish this vase." Replied the very annoyed queen with a frown, seconds before the vase she was making deformed again between her hooves.

"AHHH!." Shouted the queen out of frustration before standing up from her cushion and looking at all her changelings angrily. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, IF YOU HADN'T DISTRACTED ME I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE THAT DAMN VASE... JUST LEAVE ME ALONE."

The changelings looked at each other not knowing what to say or do, causing the queen to get angrier and kick the little table in front of her in an attempt to break it and only causing it to move a couple of inches, causing her frustration to only grow a lot.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Shouted the queen to no one in particular before almost running out of the room with her eyes closed.

Chrysalis had locked herself in her room for almost a full week and the changelings were very worried about her, some even thought of seeking help from one of the princesses because of the unusual mood swings of the queen but they knew that this would give them away and feared that one of the princesses would take advantage of the situation to capture the queen and imprison her for her crimes, they needed professional help and there was only one changeling among the hives that could do it.

A changeling with a brown suit and glasses walked through the hive, she carried a tablet with several sheets of paper written in a hoofwriting impossible to understand, her round but small glasses served her perfectly to read and she did not stop before any changeling that greeted her, she walked in a determined way to the queen's room.

The changeling took a deep breath and knocked on the door three times.

"Queen Chrysalis, I am Dr. Red Bug, I would like to speak with you for a moment if I may."

No response was heard from the room, to which the doctor knocked again.

"Queen Chrysalis, are you there, I would like to speak with you."

The changeling hearing no response approached the door to open it with his magic when from the other side someone opened it.

Queen Chrysalis appeared through the door, she had dark circles under her eyes and her hair had not been washed for days, also a horrible smell was coming out of the room.

"What do you wish doctor?" Asked the queen without interest.

"The changelings are very concerned about you, about your change of mood and personality these days, and would like to talk to you about it."

"Do they have any complaints about the new measures I have taken?, if it bothers them at all feel free to create new art workshops or something like that and leave me alone I wish to sleep." The queen closed the door but was stopped by one of the doctor's hooves before it was closed crushing her a little and causing her some pain.

"They have no complaints, but they are worried about your health, tell me, have you eaten well?". Asked the doctor rubbing her hoof from the pain.

"Perfectly, I still have some food that I brought on the day...." The queen closed her eyes trying to remember the date. "...What day is today?"

"Today is Friday."

"Then I brought it yesterday, on Thursday."

"That's strange because today is Tuesday and in that case, you've had the same food for days, or you haven't left the room for days, and frankly I don't know which worries me more."

"Probably the second one, but it's because I've been a little sleepier than usual these days and I'd like you to respect my authority and let me rest." The queen tried to close the door but again the doctor prevented her by placing her hoof.

"In that case, would you allow me to come in to ask you a few simple questions?, it's about some ideas I have for the hive and I would not like to discuss it standing in the hallway." The doctor said with a smile to the queen, clearly it was a lie to better see how the queen was living and how she was really doing.

"Ugh, okay, but make it quick." Said the queen somewhat annoyed stepping aside and allowing the changeling to enter her room.

The doctor entered the room covering her nose and was quickly inundated by an unpleasant scene, the room was almost completely dark, the bed unmade, a huge pile of dirty clothes in a corner with some flies fluttering around, a couple of plates with food already in bad shape that surely explained the nauseating smell and some glasses of water on a table and others on the floor.

"So doctor, what do you want to talk about?" Asked the queen.

"I honestly want to talk about your mental health." Said the doctor looking the queen in the eyes. "We are very concerned about you and I must tell you that all this..." The changeling pointed to some things in the room. "... It's not healthy at all and we don't like to see you like this, I already talked to many changelings and they are all willing to go back to the life we had before as long as you are well." Finished saying the changeling with a smile.

"Are they all crazy?" Asked the queen a little surprised. "Everyone is fine and happy, life is better than ever, they are happy, you are happy, I am happy." Replied the queen without turning her face to the doctor.

"Are you really happy?" Red Bug asked raising an eyebrow.

"Of course I am, your happiness is my happiness." Replied the queen touching her chest proudly.

"Hmmm..." Said Red Bug scratching his chin thinking about something. "Then I guess it's all in order then." He finished happily.

"Really that's all doctor?." Asked the queen somewhat surprised.

"Yeeeep." The changeling left the room with a big smile and turned to look at the queen once more. "Also if you are bored or just want to talk, may I remind you that Mr. Cuddles and I will be in my office."

"You really think a simple teddy bear is going to get me to talk to you?".

Red Bug just chuckled. "I never said Mr. Cuddles was a bear, have a nice day." And so simply the doctor retreated bending down a hallway and humming a tune.

"Pff." Said the queen with a gesture as she closed the door and returned to the bed. "Like I'm going to talk to a shrink because she has a plush animal."

Author's Note:

I doubt you will have a hard time figuring out how the next chapter will start. :rainbowlaugh:

PreviousChapters Next